• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Narrowly Avoiding Murder

"Sorry, I know it's a mess, but I haven't got the chance to clean up since last time. Hopefully, you won't... End up the same way he did. You know, that guy on the news? Probably me best work so far, I'd say. Oh, and if you could've seen his face when I came down here with my saw! It was kinda like your face now, actually. Don't worry, only bad guests get the saw."

With that, he lifted Mason by the shoulders and dragged him over to the sleeping bag. "A little more comfortable than the floor, huh?" He went to the shelf and grabbed a pair of sweatpants and large jacket. "It can get a little chilly down here, so i made sure to have these on hand. It's more comfortable that your work clothes, anyway." He set the clothes down by the sleeping bag.

An eerily familiar man’s voice, captured Mason attention away from the room. He quickly turned his head towards the source of the voice. Mason’s breathing picked up once he stared at the man. He now knew why the man sounded so familiar. It was the same man from the diner that tried to ask him out. The only emotion that could be seen clearly on Mason’s face was shock. His blood ran cold hearing about a saw and the other people who were once down here. Panic crept up his spine, though Mason was too shocked to do anything. It was a mixture of fear and panic that made him freeze.

Before Mason had a chance to say anything he felt himself be grabbed over to the ratty, old sleeping bag. Once there Mason wanted to get away from it as soon as possible. He would rather stay on the floor than the sleeping bag. Who knew how many diseases could be on that. His eyes followed the man around the room as he threw a jacket and sweat pants towards him. Again like the sleeping bag, there was no way he was going to wear that. Mason was more than happy to stay in his faded blue jeans and tee-shirt.

Still through all the shock Mason was able to say “You...you from the diner…”

"You only just recognized me?" Alex frowned, pretending to pout. "Oh well, I'll let that pass for now.You just got here, after all. And, you're cute. Much cuter than the last guy I brought here." He knelled down by Mason's place on the ground, placing a hand on his chin. "Yeah, you're nice looking, but you could be nicer... I'll have to get you a nice haircut, a new change of clothes, maybe a little makeup. Then again, that bruised, beaten look is a good one too. Guess we'll have to try them both, huh?" He smiled softly, staring at Mason's face for a few moments. "Don't worry, I won't do anything yet. It's more fun to break them once they get over the drugs, after all."

From outside, there was the faint sound of barking. Lilly much have figured out there was a new guest in the house.

"Don't worry about her," he assured Mason, running a hand through his hair. "There's a door between you and her. Do know, though, that she would tear you to pieces if that door were to go away."

The more the man talked, the sicker Mason felt. Mason thought he knew fear before. He thought fear was, his mother not getting home in time and finding out out later she had died in a car crash. Now that was fear, not knowing where his mother was. This though, this was a whole new kind of fear. He didn’t want to die. He was only 19, he was too young to die! From the talk of others from the man, only seemed to seal Mason’s fate. He knew that surly this mad man would eventually kill him too. It only got worse when his captor touched his chin and talked about cutting his hair and putting makeup on him. Mason immediately responded by pulling away and trying to back up.

“Don’t touch me,” Mason growled, his voice sounding rough. There would be no way that he would let this man dress him up, cut his hair or, put make up on him. ‘If only this were but a dream’ Mason thought.

It still seemed all surreal to him, like he was living in a dream world. Mason even closed his eyes tightly before opening them again. He hoped that this would all be some kind of nightmare. To his dismay the man was still there, staring back at him. The only thing that made it worse was hearing a snarl of a dog. Mason never thought he would be dog food. This day seemed like something out of the horror movies, his sister loved so much. Mason never thought his life would compare of that to a horror movie victim.

Alex laughed. "Well, hopefully you'll come around. The first one fought, too, and look where that got him- a bed six feet under. But hey, if you insist on it, I can make you beautiful in a different way. You'll be the one to decide that." Blonde bangs fell over his hazel eyes, and he couldn't stop himself from laughing again. Not the restrained, cute laugh he used in public, but the laugh of someone enjoying another person misery. "They always whined about how I did this to them, you all should learn that you did this to yourself. And anything that happens from here out is your doing, too. Remember that," he told him, standing up. "

"Well, I'll leave you alone for a little while then, let the drugs wear off. Then, we can start having fun. Its been nice talking to you, Mason." With that, he left, dragging Lilly back up the stairs.

Mason was left alone in the basement, with nothing but his thoughts. To which he was thankful for, so he could finally wrap his head around his situation. Mason made a list of all the things he knew and this place and the strange man. First, Mason still didn’t have a clue to where he was, or how long he was out for. Second, he didn’t even know this man’s name or anything about him. Well he did know one thing. He knew if this person was the one on the news, that he was a psychopath. The laugh the man made only confirmed this theory. Third, he knew he had to get out of here. Thinking about escaping was one thing, but actually getting out of here was another.

Mason took another look around the room. He was looking for anything that could be a way out, but it seemed the only way out was the stairs. Even if he got passed the stairs he would have to go through the dog. The thought of him getting attacked by the dog, made his blood run cold. Mason never felt so hopeless in his life, being handcuffed and locked in a basement, only added to this feeling.

It all felt so helpless, but Mason knew he had to get out alive. Mason shook his dirty blonde hair out of his pale, green eyes as he fell deeper into his thoughts.

Upstairs, Alex went about making dinner for everyone in the house. He made dinner for the dogs first, feeling bad that he had left them alone all day. But he couldn't give them all the attention he wanted to right now, he had to take care of his guest first. There was cereal down there, sure, but that was more of a snack than a meal, or extra food in case he was out and couldn't feed the guest. No self respecting person only ate cereal all the time.

He made a simple meal, two vegetable sandwiches. He wasn't sure yet what his guest liked, or if he had any allergies, so this was a safe bet. He took the meal downstairs, and placed it on the floor with nothing more than a 'good night.' That done, he made sure the door was locked and went upstairs to get some rest. Tomorrow he would have work, and he didn't have much night left to sleep.

One might think that having a captive in your basement would make sleep difficult, but he slept the best he had in weeks. Probably from how late he had stayed up.

Mason watched the man bring the food down and then leave him alone again. Mason felt sick to his stomach, so food was the last thing on his mind. Plus, it was hard to eat food with having handcuffs on your wrists. Mason left the food untouched as he leaned up against one of the walls. He made sure not to lean against the one with blood on it. Mason wished that the blood wasn’t there. Everything time he looked at it, he felt like throwing up.

After being left alone for awhile, did he start to feel tried. At first he tried to stay up, but his eyes just grew heavier and heavier. He knew it wasn’t smart to fall asleep with a killer just up stairs. He knew this very well, but gave into his tiredness. As soon as his eyes fluttered shut, Mason fell into a dreamless sleep.

He woke at 7:00, leaving two hours to get ready for work. Alex decided to check on Mason first thing. He threw on some casual jeans and a plain shirt, and grabbed a bowl and some milk from his kitchen. Mason could take a cereal for breakfast, right" He didn't really feel like making pancakes or anything fancy. Mason would simply have to accept the cereal.

Downstairs, he found Mason deep in sleep, and also found that the food he had prepared for him had been untouched. Furious, he dropped what he was holding and stormed over to the sleeping man, and kicked him roughly in the stomach.

"What do you think you're doing? Your host prepares you a meal, and you don't even have the decency to try to eat it? Disgusting, you're just like the others. Here I was, thinking you would be better." He looked back to the now broken milk carton. "And look at what you made me do." He grabbed the box of cereal. "Fine, if you don't want to eat, don't eat then! And clean that up, it's your fault after all." He swore under his breath, crushing the carton under his shoe. "When you do get food again, consider eating or you'll have something worse than a sore stomach." His last sentence was a growl, and he slammed the door when he left, fuming. He'd see how his guest felt about his cooking in a few days, then.

What a wonderful way to be waken up is what Mason would of thought if he weren’t the one to be kicked in the stomach. The kick to his stomach startled him out of his slumber. Though It took a few seconds for his body to fully register the pain. Once h felt it, he fell over holding his stomach in pain. From the force of the kick Mason knew it would leave a bruise. From what the man was saying, Mason found him to be truly insane. To hear the man, refer to him as his guest was bizarre. In what world would a host kidnap his guests and just kick them because they didn’t eat his food. For sure now, Mason knew that whoever this person was, that they were an unstable human being.

Once the man left, Mason continued to lay on the floor in pain. It was only a little while later that the pain finally stopped. Mason slowly sat up and winced, when he moved to go sit back up against the wall. This was the first time Mason noticed the spilt milk all over the floor. Before he was too distracted by the pain to notice. Now that he did though, it only made the room worse. There was no way he could clean it, up so he guessed the room was just going to smell like rotten milk.

Mason took this time to see how bad the bruise was. He carefully lifted up his shirt to see the damage. Mason was right for sure, there was a bruise forming. It was a little on the smaller size, but Mason guessed it would grow as it came out. Putting his shirt back down Mason sat in silence. There was really nothing for him to do and not moving lessened the pain. After the pain dulled a bit more, Mason closed his eyes. He didn’t know how long he would be alone for, so he took this time to get some more sleep.

Upstairs, Mason finished getting ready for work. Once he was ready, he went to the garage and grabbed a mop and bucket. It needed to be cleaned down there anyway. He trudged back down the stairs for the last time before he left. As much as he wanted to stay home, it would look bad if he missed work, and would hate to lose his job.

Inside the basement, he set down the mop and bucket of soapy water.

"Get to cleaning up," he ordered Mason, picking up the clothes and sleeping bag. If Mason didn't want them, then he wouldn't get them, or anything else. Until he proved he deserved them, all luxuries would be taken away. He almost wanted to leave the spilled milk on the floor, let it spoil, but he would have to come down here too, and he didn't want to deal with that smell. it already smelled faintly of blood, adding spoiled milk would only make it worse.

Looking over Mason, he frowned. "And give me your clothes," he told him. if he didn't want Alex's clothes, why should he get his own?

Mason tried to go to sleep, but it wasn’t coming to him. He gave up on that idea right as he heard the door open and footsteps coming down the stairs. Mason watched quietly as his captor came into view. He surprised to see that the man had brought a mop and a bucket of water. Mason was excepting him just to leave the milk there.

As he put the mop and bucket down, he ordered Mason to clean it up. Mason didn’t respond to him right away, instead he just watched the man pick up the clothing and the sleeping bag. What came next surprised mason even more than him having a mop and bucket. The man had ordered him to take off his clothes.

“What no,” Came Mason’s response. He would not give this man his clothing. The first reason he had was that if he was to get out, he didn’t want to run out with no clothes on. The second reason is that Mason had his cell phone and wallet in his two back pockets. There was no way Mason would willingly give those items up.

"And why's that?" Alex frowned, standing over Mason. "Saying no to me isn't really wise, you know, but if you insist we do this the hard way, well," he shrugged. "I got a while before work starts."

Before his guest could react, Alex grabbed him by the throat and pinned him up to the wall, going first for his pockets. It had really been an oversight, not to check his pockets first, especially when he pulled a cell phone out of one.

"One point for you, I suppose, for not calling the police.Smart move, I hear a siren outside and you're dead." He glanced over the device before throwing it on the ground. "Sorry, but I hope you understand why I have to take it."

He got his hand on Mason's wallet a moment later. Putting his foot over the call phone, he let go of Mason and let him fall to the ground. He huffed softly, seeing that there was nothing interesting in it- a drivers license, a credit card, some savings card for a grocery store. Why didn't he want to hand this over? A phone he could understand, but this was pretty dull.

"Now, are you going to take off your clothes, or do I have to do that too? Now's not really the time to be shy."

Mason inhaled sharply as he felt a hand wrap around his neck. Before Mason could react, he was dragged to his feet and pinned against a wall. Mason knew what he was going to go for and tried to twist out of his grip. To bad for Mason because today was not his day. The guy grabbed his wallet and phone from him, but not without receiving a sharp glare from Mason.

Mason hoped that he could get his wallet back and his phone. Well at least he could smash his phone. He knew that his phone was the only way to get help, but Mason didn’t want him to have his contacts. It would kill Mason if this psycho went after and killed his sister. As for the wallet, it was very special to him, and contained something special within.

After the guy got what he wanted, he let Mason drop to the floor.

Mason landed on the ground and winced at the impact. It was in that short time on the ground, mason’s brain switched to attack mode. As soon as he could Mason moved to the other side of the room and stood there. Even with the hand cuffs Mason got ready to protect himself at any given moment.

“Get away from me, you sick pervert,” Mason said to him, his voice a low growl. There was not a bone if his body that was going to let this sick Man undress him and leave him unclothed in the cold basement.

"That's pretty rude," Alex said, but despite himself, he was grinning. This guy sure did have some spirit- it would be fun to beat that out of him. Hell, he might even try to escape, it which case Lilly would get the pleasure of ripping his arms out. The last guest he'd had here had managed to slip past him while exiting, only to have a few fingers and an eye taken away by Lilly. That man never had the same spirit after that, and as soon as he stopped being fun, Alex had put him out of his misery. His eye socket was getting infected, anyway.

"Right then, hard way." Alex pulled out his pocket weapon, a handy tool for guests, and approached Mason. His guest was more prepared now, ready to fight that, and Alex loved to see that. Still, he had a pair of handcuffs on, so it was pretty obvious who was going to win this fight. When he managed to get his legs on either side of Mason, he pulled the blade out of his knife, and started cutting the shirt off. Every time Mason tried to fight back, the knife cut into his chest, something regrettable. It was too soon to start cutting his guest, but it couldn't be avoided. With the shirt in tatters on the floor, he started on the jeans, which his guest naturally put up more of a struggle to.

"Calm down, a cut here would be worse than your chest," he said with a laugh. "And you can keep your boxers. Despite what you think, I'm not a pervert." That insult might have hurt a long time ago, but he'd had it thrown at him a lot, usually when a guest first arrived. It was natural for them to misinterpret him, they just met him after all.

Damn these handcuffs, is what Mason thought as he found himself on the floor on his back. On top of him was his captor slowly cutting off his shirt.

“Stop!” Mason yelled as he struggled to get away from him. These actions only caused the knife to cut into his skin rather than the shirt. Mason hissed in pain as he felt the blade go into him.

Even with the cuts he, continued to fight until his shirt fell off him.

His shirt getting cut off was not the worse of it, next his captor went for his pants.

“Get off me!” Mason roared as he tried to shove the guy off. This again led to the knife cutting him. The cut was on his upper thigh. The fear of the knife cutting anything higher, Mason stilled.

Once everything was done Mason laid on the ground. He didn’t bother getting up. Mason didn’t even care about the blood going down his chest and leg. He laid there glaring up at the celling, like it was the one who had done this to him.

Mason was at a loss of words for what just happened. He had felt getting his clothes just off he was being robbed of something. He didn’t know what it was but it just felt like something had been taken away. This feeling took over his whole body and Mason couldn’t find the strength to get up and face the Man. At least not at this very moment.

Alex was upset when Mason stopped fighting, it was fun up until then. Still, his spirit would probably replace itself soon, no one broke this easily. He hoped it would take a lot to break Mason, maybe Mason wound even force him to try some new methods in order to break it. And if he couldn't break Mason? Then he guessed he wouldn't need to find another guest after him, or maybe he would eventually get bored and kill him anyway. Only time would tell. Either way, he felt excited.

Without saying anything else to Mason, he collected the tatters of his clothing, the wallet and phone, and left him with the mess and the mop. Upstairs, he threw the clothes in a bag to bury later, and decided to see what he could get out of the phone and wallet. He tried guessing a few passwords, working off of the birth date on Mason's driver license, but he couldn't figure it out. Well, he'd try some more later. Maybe he could even get it out of Mason, if he got curious enough. Without much thought, he put them in his kitchen's drawer, to be examined further later. Now, he had to go to work, and put his thoughts about his new guest behind him, for his shift at least.

Mason got up slowly, winching from his injures as he stood. Once up, Mason noticed that his captor took his phone and wallet. He knew his phone would be taken, but hoped that he would leave his wallet.

Sighing angrily that the wallet was gone, Mason decided that he had bigger things to worry about. One of those things were the cuts that were now on his body. He knew if they were to get infected, his situation would turn from bad to worse.

Looking around the basement, he grumbled angrily when there was nothing he could use to wrap his cuts. The basement was bare; his captor had taken everything. Well everything except the water jugs. It wasn’t much, but at least he could keep the cuts clean.

Mason went over to the water jugs and poured some on his hands. From there he slowly cleaned his cuts to the best of his ability. It was much harder to do with the hand cuffs, but he managed. It wasn’t much, but at least they were somewhat clean.

After that was done, Mason knew he had to find a way to get these hand cuffs off. He knew that with these on, his captor would always have the advantage over him.

Work was dull that day, but one couldn't expect to have an exciting private and work life. And an exciting day was almost always bad names, it meant rushing around to preform emergency surgery or make somewhere they could put an early litter of animals. Today was standard, him and his vet went from farm to farm, preforming examinations on dogs, pigs cows goats; whatever the owners requested. It wasn't a great job, and he wished he had enough money to stay home and play with his guests, but he barely had the money to get by. His parents were both dead, but when they passed, they hardly had any money left in the money. Simply selling their old, worn house and arranging the funerals had taken most of the money.

Even once he arrived at home, he wasn't ready to return to his guest. He filled him animals food bins, and then hosed out their stalls. Most had free range of his property during the day, but they came running to him as soon as they saw him coming. He liked his animals, but his desire to see his guest again outweighed his desire to spend time with them. So, once their needs were accounted for, he went inside. Remembering the cuts he inflicted on his guest, he grabbed some bandages and rubbing alcohol for Mason. With that, he headed downstairs, wondering how his guest had kept himself busy all day. Hopefully he had cleaned up, then he might deserve his treatment. He knocked lightly on the door, sending Lilly into a barking frenzy, before entering.

Mason spent a good portion of the day trying to break the hand cuffs off him. He tried everything, from pulling really hard, to trying to find items in the room he could use. He even tired to use the door knob to try to break it. Unfortunately for him they would not break. Deciding to take a break from that, Mason used the mop to clean.

At first he was against cleaning, but then thought that if he had to be here, he could at least make it more livable. As he was cleaning with the mop an idea popped into his head. The mop he held in his head could be a perfect weapon. If broken, he could use it to his advantage. Though one obstacle stood in his way. How could he hide it?

“No it wouldn’t work,” Mason said softly to himself as he let go of the mop. Just had he let go of the mop, he heard the dogs bark.

Just at that moment Mason decided he had to try something, so he quickly took the mop and tried to hide it behind the water jugs. He knew what he was doing was stupid, but he had to do something. After hiding it quickly he walked away and sat down on the ground, facing away from the steps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back