• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Narrowly Avoiding Murder

GoliathusRegius

Not a ghoul, nothing to see here
dvds12 dvds12 I've never done one of these before, but I think you can reply to this if you request to? I'm sorry, you can always reply on the other thread (or probably leave a message on my profile if this doesn't work for any reason.

There was one more question I wanted to ask before I wan't able to post anything more. Once he kidnaps Mason is he still going to murder other people or stop once he has Mason?

Yes that is perfect, that was actually the answer I was hoping for :), so who is going to start?

Nope don't mind at all, just another tiny questing has he murdered people before this?

Ok I hope its ok in my starting post I put that the police found like two bodies, if not I can take it out.

After working a 10-hour shift, Mason felt dead on his feet. For the entire day, he was either washing dishes, putting in orders, or taking food to the customers. He was supposed to have help, but it seemed like his coworker, Dan, was more interested in the television than work.

“Hey are you actually going to do your job or just sit there?” Mason asked, annoyance in his voice.

“Dan help the poor boy,” Frankie said as she worked the Cash register. Frankie was his other co-worker, who owned the Diner. She put in more hours than Dan and Mason combined.

“Sorry guys. There’s just this really interesting story on the news. Have you heard about The murder that happened a couple days ago?” Dan asked as he went to go help out Mason.

“Yeah I think I heard something about that,” Frankie said as she helped check out the last person in the Diner with only 20 minutes until closing.

Mason listened quietly as his co workers chatted amongst themselves. Mason wasn’t very interested in the murders; he didn’t like to talk about things like that.

“They just found the body and the police still have no clue who di it, or if there are more,” Dan said as he went on to wiping down the tables.

“Hey, maybe we can talk about something else,” Mason said.

“Aw is little Mason scared about the big bad world?” Frankie teased as she finished counting the money in the cash register.

“No, I just think we should talk about other stuff, happier stuff.”

“You do know that the world is not full of bunnies and rainbows Mason,” Dan said with a laugh, which made Mason roll his eyes.

“Anyway since it looks pretty much empty, I’m going to head home now. Do you think you guys can close up?” Frankie asked.

Dan and Mason both nodded their heads as they worked.

“Great. Since there doesn’t seem to be anymore people, you guys can close up in ten minutes,” Frankie said as she grabbed her coat and headed out the door.

“Bye Frankie have a good night!” Mason waved as she left, leaving just the two of them.

“Hey Mason? I have to go do something in the back, mind keeping a watch in the front of the house for the last ten minutes?” Dan asked.

“Sure,” So now Mason was the only one in the front. As Mason was doing simple tasks, he hoped that no one would come in so he could leave as soon as possible.

Alex ducked behind behind the bushes as a woman emerged from the restaurant. He had been waiting out here for maybe half an hour, intending to stop by for a quick drink, and to maybe see his work on the news. It was nice to be around others when your work was brought up, after all. He hadn't known he would love that part so much.

But, as he was heading up the steps, he had caught sight of one of the waiters, and had to step aside to compose himself. God, he looked just like Alex's type, and beyond that, well, he knew he had to have him. And once Alex set his sights on something, he couldn't bare to let it go. Like his ex-girlfriend, who had found herself at the bottom of a lake when she broke up with him. The cops hadn't ever found her, though they didn't look very hard. Most people assumed she just ran off, and he was more than happy to corroborate that story. She lived on the edge, after all.

The woman exiting from the restaurant brought him out of his state of anxiety. If he wanted to talk to that waiter, he'd have to move now. Once the woman was out of sight, he stood up straight, cleaned himself off, and opened the door.

"Hey, I'm just here for a drink," he said, putting on his charming smile. The smile that cheered up gloomy girls in bars, the smile he gave hitchhikers when he found them on the side of the road. He had learned long ago that being himself wasn't an option, and his charming smile was one of the tactics he had worked out to blend in, and get what he wanted. Which, right now, was this waiter. He couldn't wait to get him, to have this new person in his life. Things had been so dull since he killed Arin and dumped him. A new relationship, that would be a great break from the monotony.

"So, how's your night been?" He asked casually, looking over the drinks they had. "Say, may I have the pleasure of treating you to anything?"

Mason spent a couple minutes texting his sister Lucy. Since he was all that she had since their mother died. Lucy would get worried if she didn’t hear from him every couple of hours. Knowing this Mason made sure to text her every so often. As he was fishing up a text, telling Lucy he will be home soon, the door chime went off. This alerted Mason of a new customer that had just come in. Heaving a sigh that he would have to help this customer, Mason tucked his phone away back in his pocket.

Turning around Mason went to help the customer. Upon seeing him, Mason was a little caught off guard with his charming smile. Usually this time of night people would be grouchy, having just gotten off from work. Not this guy, no he offered Mason a very charming smile. Mason couldn’t help but give one back of his own, even though it was a tired one.

Mason made his way over to the guy, before he could ask him what he wanted to drink, the guy asked him about his day and if he could get Mason a drink. Though Mason was certainly flattered by the offer, he would have to politely turn him down.

“I’m doing good, and Thanks but I’m ok. Is there anything I can get you to drink?” Mason asked.

Mason could have said yes to the drink, but the Man wasn’t really his type. Mason went for more boyish looking boys like himself.

Dan came out of the back to do a few last minute things before they closed and go back to watching the Television as Mason helped the customer.

"I'll have a beer, then," he said, handing the menu back to the handsome waiter. He glanced at the tv, unable to stop himself from commenting on it. "Pretty scary stuff, huh? I hope they find whoever did that soon. Makes you scared to go home alone, doesn't it?" He was trying to read the waiter, but not coming up with too much. Hopefully, it wouldn't take too much convincing to get this guy. In this part of town there were plenty of guys who liked other men, and even if this waiter didn't, Alex had charmed a few straight guys into experimenting with him. He assumed his mid-length hair and androgynous dress helped. He could become a convincing looking girl with little difficulty, and he had went around the bars a few times like that, more for his own fun than to pick anyone up. After all, there wasn't anything wrong with a guy wanting to be pretty. And if he brought a guy home, well then, added bonus.

“Coming right up,” Mason said as he took the menu away and went to get the guy a beer.

Mason went into the back and grabbed the man’s beer, but not before looking at the clock. ‘Damn’ Mason thought as he looked at the clock showing that the ten minutes were up, but he still had to be here. Shaking his head, he replaced his frown with a smile and gave the guy the beer.

“Here you go,” Mason said as he placed the beer in front of him. Mason was about to answer the man, but Dan beat him to it.

“Yeah I know right, got to feel bad for those families,” Dan said while his eyes were glued to the news.

“Yeah, but I try not to worry about stuff I can’t control,” Was Mason’s response as he went back to do what little cleaning there was left to do. While Mason was cleaning, he couldn’t help, but glance at the stranger. There was no doubt about it that he was good looking, but just not his type. He was nice to look at, but it just stopped right there for Mason. Mason liked the quiet, shy guys which this guy was not, from what he had seen so far.

When the waiter came over to clean near Alex, he leaned near him.

"Look, no good acting anymore, You're pretty cute," an understatement for sure,"so, do you wanna meet up tomorrow? Or better, we could go back to my place as soon as your shift's up." Failure wasn't even a possibility in his mind. Who could resist him? He had lost count of the girls who told him he was cute. Even the man who he had eventually murdered had come up to him willingly. A nice twenty something, looking to waste the night with some dancing, who had ended up wasting his whole life. But, he would never do that to Mason, a name Alex gleaned from his name tag. Alex much more wanted to sit down and talk with him, get to know the guy, fall asleep with him in his arms. He hadn't had someone to hold since his girlfriend died- even then, he had never really liked her much. No, he would be different with Mason, show someone just how gentle he could be.

As soon as the words left the guy’s mouth, a blush crept up on Mason’s cheeks. Mason knew this would end up happening, with the guy asking to buy him a drink and all, but he didn’t think he would react the way he did.

“Umm…I can’t sorry have to head home, maybe another time,” Mason stuttered, his cheeks blazing red. Mason added maybe another time to sound nice, when he didn’t mean it. The guy was hot, maybe more than hot, but he knew from past experiences it wouldn’t work out. The only reason Mason was blushing so hard, was not because he liked the guy, it was because he was handsome. It wasn’t everyday a good looking guy asked him out. When the shoe was on the other foot, Mason was a pretty chill guy asking people out. It was only when he was the one being asked out, did he become a stuttering, blushing mess. especially if said guy was really attractive. Mason gave him a small, friendly smile as he collected his empty bottle and threw it away. Mason then came back to the table and asked the guy,

“Would you like anything else?”

He thought he was good at hiding his anger, furious as he was. It wasn't often he was turned down by someone he was really after, and he was, they lived to regret it. His thoughts flashed to Mason's coworker, absorbed in the news one day, where he learned that his coworker had turned up buried in the forest. Alex might cover his tracks well, but he never hid the body too well. It would be disappointing if no one found it. Maybe he would come back after the act, see how Mason's coworker was doing.

Of course, none of this was showing on the outside. He smiled politely. "Right, sorry to be so forward. No, I think that'll be all, thank you." He left a tip, of course, he didn't want to seem rude. Not yet, at least. He stood up and saw himself out. Normally, he might stay and try to push the issue further, but it was closing time, he doubted Mason would be receptive right now. Well, his own loss,Alex supposed. At his car, he started making preparations. The vet clinic he worked at gave him plenty of opportunity to pick up tools. They were usually more effective when slipped into someones drinks, but he was strong enough to force a rag over Mason's airways. Then again, chloroform could take a few minutes to take effect, so he grabbed a rope too. It couldn't hurt. And of course, having a gun never hurts.

He sat down in his front seat, ready to wait until his target emerged. If Mason's coworker saw, then he would simply have two victims that night.

“It’s alright, have a goodnight,” Mason said with a smile as he saw the customer out. After he had left, Mason pocketed the tip with a smile. Then Dan and him continued to clean up what was left. When all was clean, they were ready to lock up. Before leaving, Mason looked at the clock and texted Lucy that he was on his way home now.

“Well Goodnight Dan,” Mason said when both of them were outside locking the front doors.

“Hey Mason, you look really tried want me to drive you home?” Dan asked.

“Thanks I’m fine, plus Lucy gave me the car, so I’m not walking home tonight,” Mason said as he pulled his jacket tighter on him as the winds accelerated.

“Ok, have a goodnight and tell Lucy I said hi,” Dan added as he went on his way.

Dan and Mason parted ways as they both walked to different parking lots. Happy to get home, Mason walked quickly to his car. Reaching his blue, beat up car Mason got his keys out ready to open the door. Being as tired as he was, Mason missed the key slot and ended up dropping his keys. “Darn,” Mason muttered under his breath as he bent down to pick up the keys.

Seeing his opportunity, Alex opened his car door and ran through the parking lot, his target to preoccupied to notice him. Without a sound, he was behind Mason, holding his soaked rag over his mouth.

Mason fighting in his arms, he made his way back his vehicle. He pushed Mason into the side of the his car, using one hand to restrict his breathing once he felt Mason had inhaled enough chloroform.

He peered inside his car, making sure everything was in order for when the fight ended. The handcuffs he had brought probably wouldn't be nessecary, especially with child safety locks engaged, but he supposed he would use them all the same. No use taking any risks. If his previous murders had taught him anything, it was that. There was also his blindfold, and a tarp to cover the entire scene. Looking at it, he regretted not buying a car with a trunk big enough to store someone, but he wouldn't make that mistake next time he bought a car.

No one wakes up one morning and says that today they are going to get kidnapped. Mason was no exception. This morning all Mason had known about the day, was that it was going to be a long day at the diner. Mason was certainly surprised, when trying to get his keys, he was roughly grabbed from behind. Before Panic could take hold, Mason’s fight or flight kicked in and he choose to fight. Trying to get the upper hand Mason fought hard, but it was no use. It wasn’t until Mason felt a damp rag being forced over his nose and mouth, that the realization of the situation hit him full force. Mason started to panic as he breathed in the sweet yet pungent fumes of the chloroform, before he could stop himself. Mason felt adrenalin pump into his veins as he fought harder against his kidnapper. Unfortunately for Mason, was chloroform was doing its job. The next thing Mason Comprehended was that he was being roughly shoved inside a back seat of a car.

“Hey!” Mason yelled once he landed in the back seat of the car and tried to kick whoever threw him back there. Mason tried again to kick his kidnapper, but only ended up kicking the window. Not having enough energy to continue, he slowly stopped fighting. Mason gradually felt himself become victim to the chloroform. His vision started to get blurry and soon enough he couldn’t even tell if the car the moving or not. Mason tried to yell for help, but it came out more of a strangled cry. Mason struggled to keep his eyes open, and soon enough Mason fell into a world of darkness.

Satisfied that the cuffs would be more trouble than they were worth, Alex closed the door after shoving Mason in the car. He climbed in the drivers seat, and set off, ignoring the protests from the back seat.

His house was a ways off, but as Mason's cries faded he knew his captive would be out for long enough for him to get home. He had a nice, comfy basement set up for him at home. He considered throwing him in the barn with his pigs and bulls, but it would be too easy to escape from there. Maybe after he patched it up some, that would be nice, but for now his basement would suffice. Maybe he could throw a rooster down with him, it worked pretty well for the last one. Yell too loud, and you'll end up having the bird screaming back at you. Maybe if he behaved well, Alex would even give him one of his two dogs. If he wasn't well behaved, well then, he would get a knife in the throat.

The night slipped away quickly, and he was pulling into the dirt road leading to his home before he knew it. The rustling might wake up Mason, but no big deal, he'd probably wake up getting dragged down the basement stairs. And if he tried to run, then he'd have a rottweiler on his tail. Also, probably a rat terrier, but that dog had never bitten anyone.

At his gate, he got out and opened it himself, careful to make sure it was locked, and that nothing slipped out when the gate was open. From there, it was a short drive to his house, where he opened the back door, and started cuffing Mason to make it easier to transport him.

Mason’s dreams contained nothing, but darkness thanks to the drug used to knock him out. One would describe it floating on a cloud of nothingness. It wasn’t until a few bumps on the road that sent him falling back into reality. At first, Mason’s body didn’t want to corporate. He couldn’t talk, move his arms or open his eyes. He laid frozen as a statue, slowly regaining couscous. All that left Mason’s mouth were little groans of pain. Even though Mason was starting to wake up, he still had the effects of the chloroform. All Mason could do was groan in pain because he felt like he was just hit by a truck. He tried to open his eyes, but it felt like someone had put weights on them. Mason was not aware of his surroundings; all he was aware of was the pounding in his head.

Mason could faintly hear a door opening like it was miles away, but actually it was right next to him. Mason was startled when he felt hands grab him. Quickly he tried to muster up the strength to grab his captor, but to his dismay, his hands were hand cuffed together.

“Hey wait stop!” Mason called out, or at least tried to as he felt his body being dragged away. Mason forced his eyes open to get a look at his kidnapper, but only saw glimpses before his eyes shut. Helplessly Mason was being dragged as he tried to regain his senses.

Happy to see the drug was still very much in effect, Alex had no problem with getting Mason down the stairs, aside the obvious problem with him being the size and weight of an adult male. But, he had done this before, and he was strong from years of caring for his larger animals. If he could give a checkup on an unhappy bull, he could easily get a drugged man downstairs. It was like having another kind of pet for his ranch. Except, sadly for the last two, his pets had to be put down. They started hurting themselves and stopped eating, and honestly, it would have been cruel to let them keep living.

He smiled, remembering that some, certain circles of individuals refereed to humans as 'long pig'. Yeah, that was fitting. He hadn't eaten a human before, it wasn't quite in his comfort range, and besides, he never ate animals he cared for. They were precious to him, just like this man. An object of desire, something he had wanted and obtained. Something that he would grieve the death of, and bury just like any other of his friends here. If it comes to that, which he hopes it won't.

"Bet you wish you had taken me up on that date, huh?" He drags Mason to the center of the room, before locking the door. Blood remains on the wall that he hadn't bothered to clean up yet. He hadn't been expecting a new guest so soon. Right now, the room is sparse, Alex having taken most of the items out for cleaning. A rack in the corner holds a few bottles of water along with some boxes of cereal, what his new guest will subsist on for a while. On the near wall, there was a ratty sleeping bag, since the mattress in here had been ruined. It would have to do for now, he wasn't making a fortune at his job, after all.

Mason could tell he was being carried but had no idea who was carrying him or where he was going. It was a scary thing to not know where you were. Mason felt the cool air from outside change, so he knew that he had entered a building of some kind. Mason was trying to figure out where he could be by silently listening to his surrounds. All mason could hear though, were the Stranger’s feet going down some sort of stair case. At the bottom of the stairs, Mason was somewhat relived to be put down on the concrete floor. The coolness of the concrete made shivers run up his spine.

Mason was still pretty groggy so he wasn’t sure if he heard his captor say something about a date or if that was just his mind playing tricks on him. After a few minutes of being on the ground, the drug was slowly wearing off. He still didn’t have complete control of his tried body, but now he could open his eyes. Upon opening his eyes, he wished he never opened them in the first place. Wherever he was it was not a happy sight. The first thing that greeted his eyes was the sight of blood of the walls. Oh how he hoped that the blood on the walls were animal’s blood. As he became more aware of where he was, the more panic that ensued. After opening his eyes wider, he took in more of the room. From what he could make out, he was in a Basement and not a very clean one. There was blood on the walls and in the corner was a ratty, old sleeping bag. The wall to the left of him there were water jugs and cereal. It became clear to Mason that who ever took him planned on keeping him.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back