Other Mysteries, Myths & Legends

Genii

💎
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
Sometimes I come across mysterious and inspiring things whilst lost on the internet. Anyone else?

I thought it would be fun to share some of these stories, myths and folklore here.

______

1658905870985.jpeg
(Artists impression)

One I found today was about the underground vaults in Padmanabhaswamy Temple. There are eight vaults in total, seven of which have been opened and found to contain gold, jewellery and other treasures.

The final vault however, has a door without handles or hinges. It is said to be cursed and people claim to hear the sound of the sea and snakes behind it. It is said it can only be opened by singing a specific chant (which has been lost to the ages). Oooo.

Even the vaults that have been opened already, also have other ante-chambers that have yet to be excavated.

_______

I love anything like this (real or not), so please share what you find. 😁👍

Last edited:
Usually I try not to click articles at the end of articles because most of the time what is headlined is not what the article is actually about but safe to say this wasn't one of those times. Anyway. It was about places people are not allowed to go. Several caught my eye. One worth mentioning is Poveglia Island in Italy.
Wait for the picture in a spoiler....
JEDMB7DWRFLN5BE7OJKOLT73HI.jpg

Apparently it is one of the world's most haunted places. That and it hasn't been occupied for years. It was where people with the plague went and allegedly it turned into a mental hospital. Pretty sure in some of these photos I saw a boat docked there...so yeah going to leave this here. Think about it, put it from your mind, you know.

Inno Inno I’m fascinated by places like this. I’ve watched a few ghost hunters and urban explorers visit this island (some not legally) on YouTube. I can see why the locals don’t go there - out of respect for the dead, but also because of its creepy atmosphere. 👀

Inno Inno I’m fascinated by places like this. I’ve watched a few ghost hunters and urban explorers visit this island (some not legally) on YouTube. I can see why the locals don’t go there - out of respect for the dead, but also because of its creepy atmosphere. 👀
Ah. Well, I have something else for you. I actually live about an hour away from a town, St. Francisville, LA. It is home to a place called Myrtles Plantation. Naturally that in itself is troublesome considering it was an antebellum plantation and the history associated with them. I myself will never ever go here under any circumstances. It is haunted. People have reportedly seen the apparition of a young girl named Chloe in the hallways or there was a man who had been shot back in the day where he fell on the stairs dying and people hear his footsteps still. It's just creepy even talking about it. 🥶🥶🥶🥶

Users who are viewing this thread

Back