• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Mysta Academia (OPEN)

Axell

Dazed And Confused

Mysta Academia

Mysta Academia, or Priest Academy, is a part of the Vaticans training program for its priests, though this particular branch of the Vatican is a bit.....unconventional. Think Supernatural(the show), but instead of being thrown into all the exorcisms and fighting, these students are taught the ways of the trade through a rigorous blend of classes and combat training. This academy is meant for those young men and women who have been exposed to the secrets of this world and wish to fight for the peace, the courses taught at this academy aren't what you'd think - they aren't focused on one specific religion, only on ancient prophecies from all religions and enchantments that work against all types of paranormal beasts.

1.jpg

Last edited:
Welcome to the Academy!
Academy Courtyard
Time: 6:05am
Days Til Classes Start: 1

"So you've all survived the screening process and now you're here." A middle aged woman with heavy frown lines and a stiff posture stood along the balcony that overlooked the courtyard at the entrance of the Academy. Standing on either side of her stood seven individuals who appeared to be members of the staff. The Italian sun beat down mercilessly and there was a tension that shuffled through each and every student as they stood on the dry, cracked ground below. The screening process had been brutal - some didn't make it out alive. In order to enter into the Academy successfully, the candidate must be proficient in 3 fields and excel in at least one. The screening process tests the student's ability to intake knowledge and tests them on whether or not they are able to use that knowledge correctly in high-pressure situations. Another part of the process tests their ability to treat minor and semi-major injuries on themselves and their temporary squadrons in dangerous situations where hospitals weren't an option. Next, the process challenged their natural fighting abilities, seeing if - previous training or not- they have the minimal set of skills to survival on the field. The screening process the ends with an interview with the High Council and the Head Mistress, thus ending the month long procedure.

"For the next however may years until your graduation, these will be your professors: Professor Voss, Professor Lockhart, Professor Patell, Professor Frost, Professor Mars, Professor Sawyer and Professor Reyes. These are all trained professionals in their fields and are to be treated with the utmost respect. There is one other auxiliary member of the staff that also happens to be one of your fellow classmates, Ms. Ezra Bellatrix Sonefreux. She will be teaching the course on etiquette." Th Head Mistress seemed to purse her lips every so slightly at that last part, casting a sly and haughty glance towards the raven haired woman that stepped out of th line momentarily and offered the students a small polite bow before moving back in place. "You will all have a chance to explore the campus within the jurisdiction of the Academys rules for the remainder of the day. Your schedules will be posted in the dormitories tomorrow morning before breakfast begins in the mess hall, as well as your Squadron members which are chosen based off of your screening results. You are all dismissed."

And with that, the tension was dispelled and friendly chatter started bubbling up. People were making quick friends and searching for a person who could sympathize with their situations while some chose to wander the grounds and keep to themselves.​

Cody walked away from the sun baked courtyard hoping to find a wooded area where he could get away from all of the other students. He needed time to finish processing everything that had happened over the last few months. He couldn't believe that his hunting trip would lead him to being trained to fight demons and other monsters that he had thought only to be myths and legends in the stories of his people. Sighing to himself, he found a wooded grove with trees tall enough he could climb. Picking one of the easier ones to climb, he climbed up the tree to relax and figure out what his next course of action would be.

Ezra B. Sonefreux
She stood stoically as Diana, the new Head Mistress, gave the opening speech and introduced the staff. Ezra scoffed inwardly as her name was called; the cold bitch had some kind of ridiculous grudge against her for whatever reason and wasn't shy about showing it. Either way, Ezra has more couth and decency to promptly ignore the hag and politely bow to her fellow classmates. Classmates.....the term made her stomach twist with disgust, she'd been on the Earth for centuries, millennia even, but she was forced to associate herself with snot-nosed brats not even 3 decades old. She sighed, stepping back in line; it was her own fault she was at the Academy despite loathing the place to such an extent. She didn't belong anywhere and in the very least, at the Academy she didn't have to deal with the tiring disputes between species and the never ending thurst for blood that some other species held for the humans. Yes, there was some hostility towards others at the Academy and the ultimate goal of the Academy and High Council is to rid the Earth of her and others like her, but the focus was more on the training part and less of the doing. Which is exactly why she remains a student and refuses to work for the Guild.

As soon as the dismissal was given, Ezra turned to leave to avoid having to talk to the other professors, but alas, it was in vain.

"You must feel mighty high of yourself to finally have scratched your way up to a staff position - ah, excuse me - auxiliary staff position." It was Constantine, the damned prick. He always had something to say to her, no matter how many years passed. It probably had something to do with the fact that she had rejected him the first year he'd joined the staff at the Academy, or something to do with the fact that the Etiquette course had originally been his until recently when Ezra had proven her knowledge was far greater than his could ever be.

"If I were you I'd watch my mouth, Mr. Sawyer."She said over her shoulder, her voice clipped. She could feel the other professors eyes on her, the tension thickening.

"Oh will you two quit already! The school year hasn't even started yet!"
Prof. Patell cut in, a nervous waver in his voice. He was always the mediator in these types of situations, or at least he tried to be. The others didn't respect him anymore than they did her.

Ezra pursed her lips and turned away, continuing on her way back inside now that the attention was off of her. Once inside, she walked around from behind the big mahogany desk in which the Head Mistress was sitting and headed towards the door, this time making it out before another ill-mannered comment was aimed at her. A long breath escaped her as she finally relaxed. Walking down the stairs of the main building where all the teachers' offices, as well as the Dining Hall, was located, she exited the building and breathed in the sweet fragrance of the wisteria and strelitzia flowers that lightly scented the air. It were the little things like this that brought a small smile to her face, even if only for a moment.

[/ bg]

Cato S. Stryker

It wasn't as if he wasn't used to the warmth, but he could feel the sweat welling up in the pores beneath his sunglasses as the late Italian summer tried to steal the last bit of moisture from his already gleaming body. The ribs on his lower left still ached from the entrance tests, but he stood tall with his head held high. I mean, how couldn't he? After a lifetime of getting looked down upon because of his inaptitude for civilized society, he'd finally been thrown into a line of work that fit his personality AND interests. Few had a chance like this, and Cato was motivated to fulfill his role.

But it must have been an imposing look; he was taller and bigger than most of the others, and his face reflected the emotional range of a potato. The sunglasses shed an ominous darkness over his eyes, and his lips were so straight that you might as well have drawn them on with a sharpie. He stood facing the balcony where the teacher were going to line up, that way he didn't have to join the collective snap-into-position that the unperceptive students shared as soon as their headmistress started speaking.

Yet there was a nervosity in his stomach when his eyes scanned the teacher of each subject. Whether he liked it or not, he was going to have to accept their superiority for the years coming. But contesting the gentle twist of the nervosity, the last announced teacher came about as gently as sticking your hand in a meatgrinder. He could practically smell the witch from down here, and the wrinkle of his nose caused his shades to slide down slightly. It was hard for him to accept the school's carefree nature towards these Reus that were supposed to aid them. Weren't they specifically trained to kill scum like this?

Ugh. He forced his nerves to settle, and uncrossed his arms. After all, this was his last free day before being completely strung up in this organization. He'd have all the time in the world to come to accept (or kill) these monsters.

The other students started moving out and away from the courtyard, chatting cheerfully despite the terrible they'd just gone through, but Cato stayed behind and observed as the teachers had a short conversation that ended in the Witch disappearing back into the building.

He let out a sigh and turned to leave, and in a moment of carelessness he nearly kicked a smaller girl over with the sudden move. Saying she was small was unfair, she was taller than some of the boys, but she was still about half his size. Pale like a vampire, sharp sky-blue eyes, borderline black hair. Without further thought he was about to pass her, but then he stopped. Well, it's got to start somewhere, He thought to himself.

"Sorry, yo. Didn't see you." His voice was anything other than apologetic, but he'd yet to switch to asshole voice so it should at least have been bearable. There was a pause as he leaned back slightly and looked down at her while raising the sunglasses from his eyes. "Well fuck, when I've already almost kicked you off your feet once I might as well ask, you made any friends yet? 'Cuz if not, I'mma need one. I ain't so deluded that I think I'll get shit done without one."

Straight to the point, just as he liked it. Honestly, he was actually quite positive by Cato standards today, seeing as everything had been going his way. Got into the academy, sun shining, ate rice for breakfast. Pretty good, frankly. He held out his right hand and continued before giving the girl a chance to talk. "I'm Cato. So you wanna socialize or some other bullshit like that?"

AshenLily AshenLily

song jae goo
Jae Goo was hot. Not like Brad Pitt hot or Taylor Lautner hot, but like Ralphie May in Texas Heat hot. Bead of sweat slid down his face and gathered at his brow, making his normally fluffy mop of hair clump together in damp curls over his forehead. His breath was labored and he could feel his fair skin burning as the Head Mistress spoke. When they were finally dismissed and he was no longer smooshed in between two strangers, he finally felt himself relax and there was even a cool breeze that passed by and caressed his skin. "Thank the Gods, "He muttered, pushing through the crowd to get to - well, he had no clue exactly. The campus and land itself, was foreign to him and despite all the screenings he had to go through, nothing taught him about the layout of the campus. But, fortunately, there was a student handbook that did have a lay out of the island and the school grounds.

The island itself was round in shape, with the Academy at the center of it. The Academy consisted of four main buildings, the Main Entrance which was where everyone was gathered at, which also held the Dining Hall, professors' offices, and Head Masters quarters, the two Dormitories and the class building which also held the library on the top floor. Behind the class building was the Arena where the training field was, which is where Combat Training occurs. It all seemed pretty simply once it was all mapped out. In the center of the campus was the courtyard with pathways that sprouted out from the huge fountain in the middle of the courtyard and led to each of the buildings.

"Okay, so not so complicated. I can easily navigate this..."
Jae Goo muttered to himself as he butried his nose into the student handbook and continued to walk into the Main Entrance, which was named Leviathon - all the buildings had strange names, most of which were named after ancient evil creatures. "Interesting..."

Last edited:
Ezra B. Sonefreux
She was shaken out of her brief moment of serenity when she heard an exceptionally foul mouthed boy interacting with a rather pretty girl. While the boys' words were rather aggressive and harsh to the ears, there was a sort of ingenuity to it that seemed almost charming. He reminded her of someone she'd known a long time ago, as did many of the students, so much so that she almost went over to conversate with them. Almost. Ezra had taken 1 and a half steps towards them, her face in the first stages of forming a smile, until she realized a few earth shattering things: 1. She wasn't human and 2. These students are hardwired to kill anything non-human. It wasn't an uncommon occurance for Reus students to 'go missing' or die by not-so-friendly fire on the field. But, alas, it was too late to turn back since she was practically already in their bubble of space - or at least close enough for their 'paranormal' senses to be tingling. Quick, think of something. Her mind was racing as fast as her heart, but she managed to recall the guy introducing himself as Cato and that matched the name of the Viribus in her Squadron, she couldn't see much of his face due to his suglasses but he was a close enough match to the I.D picture every student had to take upon entering(each students pictures are formed into a square with the other members of their Squadrons on the Bulletin Board where all listings can be found). Bingo, theres a conversation starter! She cleared her throat nervously and readjusted her black sundress.
"Hello,"She started out, her accent not quite placeable but could be best described as a mixture of British and Scottish,"I couldn't help but over hear you introduce yourself as Cato. I think we are in the same Squadron. I'm Ezra, nice to meet you."She was giving her best attempt at being nice and sociable, she was smiling and her voice wasn't too loud or too quiet and her posture wasn't too stiff or too loose - if this were a quiz in her etiquette class, she'd be acing it, but unfortunately doing things by the book doesn't always cut it. To relieve some of the awkwardness that she felt slowly begin to overwhelm her, she turned to look at the girl, mentally applauding herself for being polite and inclusive. "Oh and I think you're in my Squadron as well! What a coincidence?" The surprise was genuine, she felt like she hit the jackpot! Getting to meet her Squadron members before they got back to the dorms and saw that they were all going to be rooming with each other until they all graduate had to be a big step forward in comparison to the years before. Maybe this was a sign from the Fates? Briefly, she glanced down at each of their pinky fingers in search of any trace of a red string of fate leading to her. There was definitely something there, but in order to be fore sure she'd have to use her powers and the tingling and crackling of the air shifting might scare them off - not to mention, alert the other staff and she didn't feel like riotting so soon in the school year. Looking back up, her smile returned and she extended her hands towards both of them in a polite gesture, hoping she wouldn't be left hanging - unrequited handshakes were the very core of exclusion.

AshenLily AshenLily Prizzy Kriyze Prizzy Kriyze

Nora

"You are all dismissed."

Nora visibly relaxed, a soft sigh escaping her lips.The testing process had been rigorous, and she felt like she hadn't eaten or slept in a week. Had she?

With feet like lead, and a dull throbbing sensation at the base of her neck, she began the trek back to her dormitory. Through the course of testing, and the orientation, she'd taken in far more new information than she was accustomed to. It would settle in time, but for the moment, she needed a cool, quiet place to rest. Focused on her destination as she was, it wasn't any wonder she felt the boy as she collided with him, before she saw him.

A combination of exhaustion as well as the uncharacteristic complete lack of attention to her surroundings nearly resulted in Nora sprawling to the ground, though she managed to catch herself just in time. Exhaustion quickly turned to irritation as she turned toward the source of the jarring contact, "Hey, what's the big idea? Watch where you're goin--" she stopped short, and simply blinked, as she looked at the man towering over her.

"Sorry, yo. Didn't see you.
..I might as well ask, you made any friends yet? 'Cuz if not, I'mma need one. I ain't so deluded that I think I'll get shit done without one... "I'm Cato. So you wanna socialize or some other bullshit like that?"

She glanced down at the boy's hand, and then back up to his face, and cocked an eyebrow suspiciously, the hand left unshaken. "What...? No, I don't suppose I have. Listen, I'm sure you're a swell guy and all that, but I'm not really into the whole--"

"I couldn't help but over hear you introduce yourself as Cato. I think we are in the same Squadron. I'm Ezra, nice to meet you. Oh and I think you're in my Squadron as well! What a coincidence?"

Nora immediately recognized the girl who had been introduced as the etiquette teacher, and hesitated, glancing down at the offered hand, electing to leave this one unshaken as well. Her headache and the various aches and pains she felt all over her body were forgotten, for now.To her knowledge, she'd never met a Reus before. Until now, of course. Partially excited at meeting one in person, partially nervous, Nora decided to keep her distance, subconsciously taking a small step back from her.

Shooting the newcomer a questioning glance as if to ask why she'd approached, she replied. "Hello. Nora." Short and sweet. Though she wasn't well taught in the many subtleties of communication, and largely missed out on most social cues, she was in fact aware that her own greeting had only been slightly less rude than altogether ignoring the girl.​

Last edited:

Cato S. Stryker

Seriously though, he should've known. Things were looking way too good to stay that way. First of all, this girl seemed to be in a foul mood, not to mention being right about to decline his offer. That though, that's fine. Cato didn't have to give a shit, there were a lot of other students and someone always digged his straight-forward demeanour. What turned his happiness to ashes in his mouth on the other hand, was the sentence uttered by a third party.

The tendons on the back of his hand visibly shifted when he closed his hand, and from the tense way he did it his knuckles audibly cracked. The undeviating line of his lips returned and he returned to the upright formal position he had previously held. Slowly, yet still not slowly enough to be uncomfortable, he turned his head and looked down at the witch whilst she talked.

In my fucking squadron, no shit. Cato was pissed, but other than his clearly very uptight mood, you couldn't tell. "You too." He lied, and held no intent of covering up the fact. Looking at the witch, he now knew that it had been completely unfair of him to think that the other girl had been pale as a vampire. If that wasn't make up and if she wasn't a fucking Reus he'd be worried about her health, but alas, that was not the case.

At her mentioning of a coincidence Cato couldn't bit his tongue harder without drawing blood, so he gave in. "Well it must be a fucking miracle then, mustn't it?" The tension in his gut made him flex his gut to the point where it almost hurt, but when the girl replied with her name instead of outright ignoring the woman it forced him to calm down at least a little.

He paused for a moment, then added "... Yeah. Cato." Then clenched his jaw before immediately turning on his heel and bending his step towards the dormatories. His skin was already crawling from the encounter, and having that bit- I mean witch on his team was going to be a real issue.

Shit.

Ezra B. Sonefreux
She bit the inside of her cheek and clenched her fists briefly before letting them fall back to her side. Sometimes the constant rejection got to her, made her want to do some outrageous things. Like maybe accidentally forget her ladylike manners and - "Well, maybe not a 'fucking miracle', but maybe a more like a never ending practical joke on you. "She called out after Cato, pausing before carrying on, her voice dripping in sarcasm, "I'm sure rooming with you is going to be an absolute pleasure." She said, smirking to herself. There was something in the air today that was filling her with this boisterous and chaotic energy that made her want to....want to....do anything! She felt wild and feral, like she should be running barefoot through the forest and singing ancient songs and expressing her feminimity in the utmost of ways.

Her smirk had grown into a fullblown grin that actually reached her eyes for a change when she turned back to the girl, Nora, if she'd remembered correctly. "And you, I'm sure we'll all get along eventually. Twas really very nice to meet you."Ezra reached down and took the girls hand in both of hers and gave it a gentle squeeze before taking off in the direction of Cato, slipping out of her black sandals and hurling one at him. She chuckled at the solid slapping sound it made. "And also, the sarcastic asshole routine is cliched and overused. If I were you I'd find something more original to show your utter dislike of those around you."She said, pursing her lips and lightly padding her way in front of him, her heels off the ground and weight shift playfully in preparation for a quick escape. Maybe she would go for a run through the woods, afterall today was the summer solstice.

Prizzy Kriyze Prizzy Kriyze AshenLily AshenLily

With the sun boiling him alive and having be wedged in between 3 people, Zikame was boiling. He suddenly wished he chose a better place to stand and a place to put his heavy bag down because the speech seemed to be quite long.

By the time he was dismissed, sweat was forming on his forehead. Zikame wiped it off with the back of his hand then he barged through the 3 people by "accident" and made his way out. He had no idea where he was going until he remembered the student handbook he was given. But his attention changed as he came across 3 people who seemed to be having a conversation and from listening he picked up "Cato" and "same squadron". He liked the guy called Cato, he was very straight up about things and he likes this in people because he used to be like this and knew that people like this are nice. This one, he knew, was good really. Although they can offend easily. I guess he isn't a fan of the reus though... he thought as
He walked away.

As the sandal flew through the air and hit him bang on he laughed out loud for a bit after. Well, so much for not being seen and no conversation, oh well Zikame was going to go after Cato but in his mood at the moment he thought that maybe it wouldn't be a good idea. He instead approached the 2 people and said "Hi, my name is Zikame, was just gonna say can you give that guy Cato another chance? He seems to be a good guy to me and I don't like seeing this squadron not getting along"

It seemed to be a weird way to introduce himself now that he thought of what he said but it was too late now.

"I'm not saying I support his not being nice to Reus people because i think they are cool people im sure, but I think he's a good guy really, and he will change after you get to know each other properly. Now, im not gonna lie, i don't mind making friends here but you can call me a jerk if you want or let me leave, your choice"

He thought that by him backing up Cato they might hate him now but he would have to wait and see if he would get them to hate him, or make new friends. Zikame thought by taking these risks, that there was a good outcome in this scenario. He usually had good judgment when it came to seeing who good people where when he saw them and this was what made him approach. He also thought maybe he could get information of where his squadron could be Aswell.

Last edited:

Cato S. Stryker

Seeing a being so ancient act so hysterically was nearly shocking enough for Cato to stop and turn around, but there was no escaping the tension in his gut when he even considered going to the same school as these beings. Her composure seemed a thing of the past as she shouted halfway incomprehensible sentences after him, but Cato didn't waver or sink to the level of responding to the behaviour. It actually almost made him upset, he couldn't stand it when people failed at suppressing their impulses. And he was supposed to room with her?! There must be a way for him to get out of that. That might as well be a death sentence.

And well, at the very least he was going to TRY ignore her, but he wasn't expecting the last move.

There was a moment of what felt like complete silence, other than the witch's harsh words, after the sandal had bounced off his back and hit the ground. Cato's face was blank, then he raised his hand and removed the sunglasses and stared directly back into Ezra's eyes. Some guy he didn't recognize came up and started a conversation, defending him from the two. Still, he pretended like the fellow wasn't even there, and started talking with his eyes still drilled into Ezra's.

"Don't you talk shit about my personality if you can't face your own, witch." He growled, putting an especially dark emphasis on the word 'witch'. "I bet you tell yourself you're better than everyone to get away from the fact that you're just miserable, lonely filth with a superiority complex. And-" Suddenly his ears tuned to what the other man was saying, and he twisted towards him violently and abruptly raised his voice, saying "-And can you shut the fuck up?" He paused for a moment. His chest heaved as he drew a big breath to calm down.

"I get what you're doing, right? You're just trying to settle differences and do the right thing," Cato continued with the louder, more upset and less threatening voice. "but I'm not the one who wants a fucking chance. I'm not just going to lay down and accept that this fucking creature is going to join us." He raised an arm and gestured towards her with his entire hand. His voice was loud enough that anyone who might want to infer something would be drowned out. "How many people do you think she's killed? And on what fucking moral grounds? She already acted out of line because I turned MY FUCKING BACK to her. She can't be trusted for shit, so what the hell makes her different from the other pieces of shit we hunt?"

A couple of students around the courtyard were looking his way now, but he didn't mind. He wasn't afraid to speak his mind, and he hadn't been the first to glare daggers at Ezra today. Finally he stopped, and waited with a face that might as well have been cut out of rock for any reply they might have.

Ezra B. Sonefreux
She paused for a moment and tilted her head to the side, listening to this bigotted man-child spew his spiel on what and who he thought she was. His words stung a bit at first but as he continued, she couldn't help the laughter that bubbled up within that she attempted to choke back but to no avail. "My personality is my personality, and unless you've known me for more than a total 1 and a half minutes, I suggest you not try to judge me just yet."She said, picking up her sandal and sliding it back on. "With that being said, I will take back what I said about you and your personality even though I was just calling it as I saw it." Ezra glanced at the other kid who'd wandered in with some kind of 'I'm not saying anyones wrong but I'm not saying anyones right either' speech and decided not to even bother with him. "And just for your information, since you're so much better than me, the only times I've killed have been when ordered to by the Academy and when the lives of the idiotic children in my Squadron who thought they could handle dangerous missions without me are in danger."She leaned in closer, an amused smirk still on her lips."I'm sure I'll be saving your ass quite a few times before the year is out."She said, adding in a wink just to piss him off even more.

And with that she turned and began to walk away, whistling in contentment. People like Cato were her favorite and least favorite to deal with. On good days like today when her spirits were up and the weather was nice, they were her favorites because they were amusing to argue with and brought something out of her that she normally would suppress, had it been anyone else. The feeling of accomplishment that came after every witty remark she made reminded her of Professor Sawyer way back when he first started, they'd argued many a time and she'd been left with the same giddy and amused feeling she had now. Ah, those were the times, but that was before he became an asshole and she stopped enjoying the arguments. Now that she thought about it, maybe she was a bit haughty and had a bit of a superiority complex, but when you've lived as long as she has and have learned as much, living amoungst humans who are still in the trial and error stage of life can feel a lot like living with a bunch of toddlers who don't know right from wrong. She sighed, maybe she needs to work on her people skills more than she thought.

Prizzy Kriyze Prizzy Kriyze Will_0121 Will_0121

Cody sighed as he watched the clouds roll by in through the canopy of the trees. He wished he could just set up a hammock out her and not have to deal with any other persons. Nature was easily much more enjoyable then people. In nature there were easy to understand patterns and routines, with people there weren't any. As he stared at the clouds, he wondered if his family missed him at all, probably not. He wasn't necessarily a bad child but he caused a lot of trouble. Maybe it was because he was something of a throw back in his tribe, a person more suited to living as his people had for thousands of years before the Europeans came.

Deciding he had spent enough time to where he could walk through areas of the campus without running into anyone. He climbed down the tree and walked slowly back towards the courtyard hoping that maybe, just maybe he wouldn't have to talk to people or deal with them trying to figure out how he made it to the school and island.

Nora

"And you, I'm sure we'll all get along eventually. Twas really very nice to meet you."

Ezra was gone before Nora had even had a chance to pull her hands out of the girl's grasp, chasing after Cato. These were going to be her squadmates? Her roommates? She was already having enough trouble putting up with them now, nevermind being forced to spend every evening with the pair. Nora felt a sharp pang of irritation as the dull throbbing returned at the base of her neck. Subconsciously, her hands moved to massage her temples as she released a sigh of exasperation. The two before her seemed far more likely to kill each other than accomplish anything productive as a team. With her being in their squad, that meant she was more likely that not going to be brought down along with them. Nora couldn't help but wonder if the squad pairings had intentionally been setup with such differences in personality as a trial of sorts, or if this particular group had just been a rather unfortunate accident.

Against her better judgement, she stepped closer, already questioning whether or not her decision to sign her life over to the academy had been the right one. "Oh, come on. Both of you get off it, already." Her voice was calm, carefully masking the apprehension she felt at putting herself in the middle of such confrontation. "What does it matter how many she's killed, Cato? Survival doesn't discriminate. Moral grounds? Please. You go ahead and stick with your morals. let me know how that works out for you." Nora shot a brief glance to Ezra before continuing. "Like it or not, the three of us are in a squadron together. I know I don't. But unless we're allowed to transfer, we're stuck together, and you two had better figure out how to put your personal issues aside, or we're as good as dead." Nora paused, anxiously awaiting a reaction, poised to spring off at a moment's notice. Cato seemed like the type to anger easily, and while she didn't imagine he would attack her, being caught flatfooted certainly wouldn't end favorably..Her demeanor was flawlessly stoic, revealing nothing of the awful churning sensation she felt in her gut. She hoped.
Prizzy Kriyze Prizzy Kriyze Axell Axell

Zikame sighed, well, so much for the friendly approach He thought, watching with new interest as another girl spoke. As he absorbed in everything she has just said, he smiled. So I'm not the only one thinking this is dumb he thought as he walked away from the scene. well, it's not my problem anymore, I think it's about time I found my new home or my roommates! Hope they are not like them...

Cato S. Stryker

He was half a second away from just bursting out with "Hypocrite." when Ezra continued speaking, but stopped when she decided to retract her previous statement. Continuing not to move a muscle on his face, he stared back at her and let her hail of words come to an end. Eventually she was done then she turned and skipped away with painful arrogance, but it was worse than anything he'd seen before. Before she was out of view he stifled a laugh and put the sunglasses back over his eyes. The boy he directly adressed lingered for a moment but said nothing, then he also disappeared off into campus.

"You go ahead and stick with your morals. Let me know how that works out for you." Cato looked down at the girl, Nora, and wrinkled his nose. "Ouch. With views like that I can't imagine you have big ambitions." Other than the words he didn't seem to mean anything rude by it, and at least this girl's words hit closer to home then the witch's. "Yeah nah, sorry." He said, and looked somewhere far over his shoulder. "I don't trust her worth shit," he started, with a much calmer voice now "especially now that she's shown that no amount of aging will let her grow up." There were a few moments of silence, then he muttered a quiet "Asshole..." then turned back to her. "Guess I might fucking have to, if she doesn't die or something."

"Whatever, right. I'll check out the room before she curses my bed to eat me in my sleep or something, you coming or nah?" Cato said, then folded his arms behind his head and started walking towards the dormatories.

Nora

"...you coming or nah?"

Nora released a sigh of frustration, "yeah, yeah. I'm coming." She hurried to catch up to Cato, slowing her pace to match his once she was walking beside him. Her own short strides were much quicker in order to match the pace set by her squadmate's longer ones, but she still managed to keep up without too much effort.

She walked in silence for quite some time before she attempted to break it, discontent with the awkward air she perceived between them, "so, uh... guess you're a Viribus, hmm?" Nora was a fairly bright girl, considering her background, but the observation itself wasn't particularly profound. Someone of his stature, so very clearly physically gifted (and from what she'd observed of him so far, not the brightest of students), would obviously be assigned to the Viribus class. Frankly, the question was a rather transparent attempt at making awkward small talk, which she immediately regretted. "Nevermind, I mean-- can we start again? I didn't mean to seem rude, earlier. It's just been an awfully long while since I've had a chance to rest, and I've got a migraine like you wouldn't believe. I'm sure you understand." Annnnd, you're rambling again, Ra. Get to it. A quick sigh of frustration escaped her lips and she abruptly stopped ,brushing aside a stray lock of hair from her face, before awkwardly sticking her hand out towards Cato and managing a crooked smile. "I'm sorry I was rude earlier. Name's Nora. I'd be delighted to socialize with you, or some other bullshit like that."

Last edited:

Cato S. Stryker

Nora, seemingly reluctantly, agreed to come along and shortly caught up to him with almost humorously fast steps due to their distance in size, but Cato didn't bother to patronize her because of it. Being an asshole was fun, yes, but only for a certain amount of time. Besides, what did he just plan in terms of friend-making? Exactly Cato, shut up.

There was some sort of eagerness that Cato couldn't put his finger on though. He hadn't felt earlier, not quite like this anyway. Though he'd never admit it, and was close to sick at the thought of it, there was a small possibility that being teamed up with a witch was exciting to him. I mean, what could be better training than having to be vigilant for witchcraft at any hour of the day? She'd be a good first hand example of what he was up against. It was a challenge, in and of itself, and Cato, although reluctantly, was definitely up to the task. He could conquer this, no sweat, come on-

"So, uh... guess you're a Viribus, hmm?"

Cato was somehow unprepared for the sudden sentance, despite the fact that HE'D been the one to invite Nora to follow along. Caught up in his train of thoughts he'd completely forgotten that she was there for a moment. "Yeah-" "Nevermind, I mean-- can we start again?" "Woa-- well, okay-" "I didn't mean to seem rude, earlier. It's just been an awfully long while since I've had a chance to rest, and I've got a migraine like you wouldn't believe. I'm sure you understand." "Uh. Yeah, sure."

That was a strange exchange. She rambled like holy hell, and Cato didn't really understand what she was trying so hard to do. Whatever it was, it didn't seem to be working to well for her. She let out an exasperated sigh and stopped slightly behind him. Cato, still with his hands behind his head and leaned back demeanour, spun around and checked what was up.

"I'm sorry I was rude earlier. Name's Nora. I'd be delighted to socialize with you, or some other bullshit like that."

There was moment of silence where Cato just looked down at her with one of his eyebrows raised, then he chuckled. Then he started laughing. He doubled over and put his hands on his knees, and managed to get out "That's refreshing." between laughing fits.

When he finally stopped he was sat on the ground and looked up at her. "You uh, you don't get out a lot, do you? Hahahaha." He started chuckling again and added "That's -ahaha- fucking precious." then seemed to be going off in another laughing fit, but before that he rose from the ground and grabbed her hand (whether still extended or not) "Sorry for being a dipshit, name's Cato. Cato Samuel Stryker, call me whatever the fuck you want. And then ease up before you reach rigor mortis."

(I have definitely not been getting notifications for this >,>)
Time Skip
Time: 9:01 PM - 1 hour before lights out
Night Before Classes Begin

A soft warm breeze wafted through the open windows of the log cabin-esque building everyone had gathered in for one of the tensest meetings of the year - the one that explained just how important and how stuck each one will be with their squadron through out the next few years.

"Welcome all!"The Headmistress said from her perch on the base of the statue of Zeus that was in the center of the building."By now, I suspect you've already checked out your boarding circumstances as well as who your team mates for the next few years will be. Exciting isn't it?"Her grinned soon dried up and her tone took a serious tone all of a sudden. "But I know some of you aren't. A lot of you who are new are outraged, but this is a wake up call - everything isn't always black or white, good guys and bad guys, in this world so now is the time to grow up and put your differences aside and learn to work as a team because if you don't absolutely trust each and everyone of your teammates, you will die."The silence following her last words was tense one filled with shifted gazes and the sound of people weighing their fear of death against their hatred for the Reus. Before they could reach an outcome, she continued."And yes, some of those amoung you will not make it out alive this year. A lot of you actually, but that's just a part of the job - Death. So cherish these moments while you can because from here on out, you'll never be the same."

"Also,"It was one of the professors, Prof. Reyes, to be exact."Classes begin tomorrow morning at 5:00 AM, breakfast will begin at 4. See you all very soon."And with that everyone dispersed. The dorms were a bit strange, where everyone was currently gathered was the main lobby which held rooms to the left and right of the statue. These rooms were like studio apartments, they had a small common area that was already furnished with a couch, coffee table, lounge chair and a TV, along with a few choice decorations on the walls like wards against demons, anti-curse runes and other things like that for the utmost safety. On the other side of the room were four queen beds spaced out in a square, each with an accompanying dresser and night stand. Along the ceiling were little tracks for the thick black curtain dividers to run through and beside each bed was a button that opened and closed the curtains. Beside the bedroom area was a full sized kitchen that was fully stocked - yes, these rooms were pretty huge , but when living with three strangers, it could be a bit suffocating at first. The only thing the rooms didn't have was a bathrooom, that was located down the hall was a community type deal, there were three different shower rooms, the third one being for the Reus.

Ezra B. Sonefreux
She leaned against the wall, her eyes closed against the pounding of her head. There were too many first years yet again and all of them were crammed into the main lobby which, when empty was quite spacious and a great study area, but felt more like a raging sea of hormones and energy that kept crashing against her psyche. Being this close to the solstice had its ups and downs but it also made it harder for her to control her powers which, unfortunately, meant she was getting to know each and every person in the room a little too well, judging by their auras and the occasional thought or two that came floating out towards her. When the meeting was finished, she headed straight to the suite she was assigned. Suite # 6A, home sweet home - granted, she wasn't too excited to see Cato or Nora again, but in the very least she knew to keep to herself this time. Unlocking the door to her suite (key can be found in the New Student Care Package), Ezra walked in and threw herself down on to the bed where her suitecase was laying beside.

Prizzy Kriyze Prizzy Kriyze Will_0121 Will_0121 sprouhtt sprouhtt Fireheart Fireheart

Cody had left the main hall area looking for the room he would be in. The key he had been given was for Suite # 6A,which was slightly difficult to find because of the chaos being caused by people running around with their so called "friends". He mentally scoffed at the childish antics he was seeing. Did they not understand the reason why they were here? Shaking his head he found the door to the suite he was assigned. He unlocked the door and carefully entered into the doorway with his backpack and duffel bag. "Hello, anyone here?" he called out cautiously, he did not trust people by rule and was not about to put his rules away because he was in a supposedly "safe" area.

Zikame was horrified as the professor told him the time they would be getting up for lessons but, nevertheless, left the room and started to head towards the general direction in which his room would be. As he was walking ahead, there was mayhem all of a sudden where he was walking, people barging through lots of people and the sound of shouting and people chatting filled the air 'so this is what a school is like, huh' he thought as he read his guide. It said that his room was just to the right from where he was now. With a lot of shoving and barging, he finally got to his room. He looked at the door and it was just a plain wood door "I was expecting more than a wooden door, but oh well I guess" he murmured as he but the key in the lock and twisted and pushed the door to his room. "Hello?" he said, hoping someone else was in the room. Finding it to be empty, he started unpacking all of his stuff. When he was all organized, he leapt onto the soft, comfy bed. He sighed in content as he laid his head on the pillow and waited for his room mates.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back