• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Mysnia - Heralds of Darkness

Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
"I can see it in your eyes." he said, getting back up and sitting down on his throne. Leaving the elf sitting on the steps with her blade resting on the ground. "You have done enough already. Yet, I can see the hunger in your eyes. You crave more... then you'll have more. GET UP!" he shouted.

"Thalarion is my Mouth, for he speaks for me in foreign land. Alexandra is my Hand, for she can reach where I can't, and you, Sharyx Valghemora, shall be my Eye - to gaze upon the enemy lands, and bring Darkness upon the world."

From the moment the Dark Lord guided her blade away from her neck, Sharyx knew that she was absolved of her father's treason - and was free to chart her own path. Still, her brief proximity to doom had left her without a consideration for anything beyond the current moment. It would take her master's voice to call her back from that perilous moment, demanding she stand and face the future.

Dutifully rising to her feet, she was greeted with a new surprise: she would not only be accepted in the Dark Lord's company, but he would bestow upon her the title of the Eye of Darkness - a position doubtlessly predicated on her experience as a captive of the Light in Ilberynn. It was plainly obvious that the Dark Lord harbored an especially deep hatred of the land where he met his prior demise, and especially, for the King that Sharyx had once been instructed to serve. Having already crossed that country once, evading capture and leaving a trail of bodies in her wake, Sharyx could feel her destiny seizing her - as suddenly and forcefully as her master's gauntlet had wrapped around her neck only moments ago.

She would return to Ilberynn someday. There would be no fanfare, and no challenge made; she would pass into their house like a disease and steal their peace and sanctuary. She would gradually wither their virtues from within, estranging them from their god's will as they succumb to fear and paranoia - and cannibalize each other, as all hypocrites do in the bitter end.

And then, when all has unwound and the long shadow of night has fallen across the country, King Lethoriel will understand the price of his poisonous "mercy," and he will seek out the Eye of Darkness - fumbling, groping in the pitch for something which will gratify him with a duel. Instead, should he find the spirit of death he unleashed upon his country, and look into its gaze, he will find it a basilisk and be petrified for his folly.

Yes, Sharyx would someday bring about his destruction, either by her own hand, or (if it should please Darkness), her master's.

But not today.

She was merely a seed which had finally found itself fertile soil. For now she could only seek to grow up strong, and please the Dark Lord with smaller conquests. To begin, she made up her mind that she would travel to the land of the Mandrae Tribes - fox folk who occupy a coastline near the southern tip of the western continent. She would need a foothold from which she could operate safely, and the weak tribal lands provided her a chance to seize a territory close to her fellow dark elves- an advantage for many reasons.

"Ask your questions, say your demands... for the campaign ahead of us is long, and it won't be easy."

"My Lord, I seek to gather those souls left orphaned by the Light, like my own," she answered. "I wish to raise them up from obscurity so that we may kill all obstacles in your path. I believe we should begin at the periphery and work our way in. The Mandrae Tribes are weak, but they may serve as a gateway to more desirable targets to the north." She smiled, and the sickly, deranged look returned to her eyes. It was clear what she was implying: first, the foxes, and then the wolves. Then came the heretical dark elves, by word or by blade, and then, of course, Ilberynn. "Does this please you, my Lord?"

"If I may introduce myself, your lordship, I am Seith. The name 'Voidsinger' was also given to me during my travels, so it serves as my last name." he began as he stepped forward, "I am a servant to Lady Sharyx before you, as deemed by the Matriarch herself. I was with Lady Sharyx during her escape from Ilberynn, and have remained her friend and confidant ever since."

He took a breath, before speaking again. "I wish to hold no secrets from you, my lord. I wish to serve you as loyally as I have served my lady. With that, I will profess now that I practice the arts of Chaos magic. I learned both it and the ways of Dark magic long ago, before I was cast out of the realm of Ilberynn. I wish to use the ways of Chaos to further the goals of Darkness, and see you rule this realm. Control the various creatures and entities born of the Chaos realm, and use them for our own ends."

"...Beyond that, I want a world that only you and the First Sinner rule. No gods. No kings or queens. If they can be killed, then erase them. If they can be made submit to your will, then force them to their knees to kiss your boots."
he added, "...That's what I wish for, my lord."

He then looked to Sharyx for a moment, then back to the Dark Lord. "...I offer you the same as my Lady. Should my practice of Chaos render my life forfeit, my blood shall be spilled to make amends. The necromancer can use my corpse as a meat shield, if you wish." he stated, before looking to Sharyx. "My Lady might sever the threads of my life as her first duty as the Eye of Darkness, should you will it. She will not hesitate, and it would further show her devotion to the cause."

"...But allow me to live, and I shall serve you, and the First Sinner, for eternity."
His eyes shifted back to the red orbs in the Dark Lord's helmet. "The Gods of Chaos hold no sway over me. It is quite clear they care little for my existence, as they have already attempted to blind me. I am of sound mind and body, bearing not the marks of insanity like their followers."

Sharyx looked to her friend uneasily. It was clear that the earlier discussion at the banquet table had gotten under his skin, and he wished to clear the air as quickly as possible - especially since the Dark Lord had just proved himself quick to anger. She didn't wish to kill him, but if it came to that, she would make it as swift and painless as she could manage. She admired his willingness to go to any length to prove his sincerity, much like she did.

But she also resented him. If his sudden confession resulted in his death, then she will have lost a kindred soul. She quietly wished that he had kept the truth to himself, so that they might have had the chance to celebrate her ascension together. Instead, she gave the Dark Lord a grim nod, prepared to accept his judgement regardless of her own reluctance in the matter.

She would not disappoint her master.

Last edited:
Jagvir sat with his brothers somewhat uncoveying of emotions in the response to the news of the kinslaying that had come from the mouth of Shanyx, only a solemn nod after an initial suprise that appeared evident. One who betrayed their own flesh and blood was one that he couldn't put faith in. Of course he shouldn't put faith in any of these heralds around him. He had only his family. Everyone else could just as easily provide a smile to him as put a dagger in his or his brothers. They merely sat and enjoyed the spiced meal before the main event began.

Emerging through the doors Jagvir looked upon the ritual with curiosity. The dark magic chants and inncantations led way for the finale of the sacrafice of 13 thralls blood. They spun through the air as a great symphony crescendoing in the rise of the Dark Lord himself. An awe came across Jagvir as the ritual finished and the Dark Lord let out a deafening shout he reflexively moved back crouching in a defensive posture. Looking to his sides he realized his brothers had done ths ame their hands upon their hilts. This was the Dark Lord.

Despite all that had happened in decay he still stood as a god compared to the heralds in front of him. Jagvir after his initial fear gave a small brief smile as the man began to make his dictations on the heralds before him. As the Dark Lord made locked eyes he stood proud. He was content with the assestment, afterall was destined to become the greatest warrior ever lived. The Dark Lord was a good pinnacle to look towards. One day he would refine his shadowiji to a perfect level. One that was greater then all the might in the forces of dark. If he wasn't stabbed in the back of course. Each of these heralds would be ruthless in their own rights.

When it finally got to the Shanyx he was astonished by how easily the man took to lifting her up a flaming sword appearing in his hand as he was ready to slit the elves throat and bloody the floor even more in the hour of his ascension. True Power. Next came the explanation of Shanyx's betrayal of her family. He felt a discomfort as he heard how she took pleasure in the horrific act. Betraying ones own kin was the one form of treason that Jagvir abhored. To take as much pleasure in it as she did showed a woman of fanatical belief. He wondered how she had came to such a dedication to the Queen of darkness. It made no sense for one to be so radicalized.

His brother Mohan was the first to speak in hushed tone, "A true fanatic that one."

Jagvir thought with curiosity upon the matter. The Dark Lord had fallen to the hands of the same King Lethoriel which Shanyx professed her vehement hatred towards. A man as crafty as that, and with as much foresight would have feared the return. What better way then to have a feigned fanatic. "Or a spy."
Eqbal responded with a suprise to his muttering, "How? Brother, one does not look into the eye of terror and spout such lies."
Jagvir simply gave a small shrugh, "Let us see what the Dark Lord believes."

The account that followed clicked the peices slowly into Jagvirs paronoid brain. The warrior-poet would have hated the atrocities that he had seen from the darkness. Those who obsessed over the arts rarely found pleasure in the brutality. Jagvir admired the mans betrayal. Vryadex had sceded himself into history. It wouldn't make sense for such a hero who had led the Dark Lord to his death to be put in a hovel. No, the man and the great wood elf king had planned for this arrival. Only one with such foresight to firstly take down the Dark Lord would have had the insight to plan for his return. He hoped that have a chance to battle both of these men who had defeated the Dark Lord once before.

Vryadex's daughter would soon be feeding the movements of the various heralds to the leader of the light. Jagvir would have to keep an eye on her. Befreind her prehaps. He could not let these crafty men, and their daughter of the light, lead to another failure to the Indraj. They had fallen every war before. Many of his ancestors dieing in the Dark Lords service. The Kohars would not be broken again.

Jagvir would step forward proudly to the Dark Lord. A Power that eminated of domination. Behind him in step were his two brothers of Eqbal and Mohan.
"I am Jagvir Kohar. My brothers Eqbal and Mohan. The Kohars will serve you as our ancestors have before. This time, however, it will be for eternal victory. I do not have many great words, but I will cut down many foes. And find a place to be your greatest warrior."

Jagvir stopped a moment before his brother Mohan spoke, "As for acheiving such victory the Kohar family has planned for many years. Jagvir already has a reputation as the Iron Fist. One that has long crushed the lizardmen incursions, and taken the fight to many of their tribes. It would only be natural to take further action into the Rajahnate of Nagara, espically after the death of our father." He'd pause with a breath, "The victories and bounty we gain from this conquest will bring credence to your acension. And it will give the Raj time to regain his faith in the rightful place under our Queens name instead of the profit of spice. More importantly it will allow Indraj to gain a strong footing. One that appears natural and doesn't allow Shou Lang to take notice." Mohan began his end of the speech, "When we have established ourselves into a power our cloaked dagger will become open. By the time we have gained their eye the Kohar Clan will have built a bulwark upon your eastern front."

Thalarion watched the awakening, the dark ritual playing out as he made some mental calculations on the thaumaturgic flows and workings. There was a concern as the ritual played out. How much more expensive would each return become? Should he be concerned that an entire nation might have to be slaughtered to restore their master should he fall more? Would it be worth it? Thalarion quashes that last thought, knowing his pragmatism was getting the better of him. The trick was to ensure their master would not require such demanding restorations. For now.

The eruption of power and emotion by the Dark Lord towards Sharyx made his masked face raise more to regard the moment. He stood as well, watching as Alexandra made the case for this new arrival. This new Herald that had willfully come here to present themselves despite the obvious danger from their lineage and history. His head tilts slightly as the declartion of the Eye. Perhaps he should feel threatened, but then again it was another piece in the games of power. The Dark Lord had commanded it and he would watch quietly to see if this soul proved worthy of the title even if they dared to align against him with the Sorceress.

Soon enough the Dark Lord commanded that those present now speak their questions and points. Thalarion watched and listened to all those souls who had so far dared to speak up. His mind assessing and considering each. The loss of loyal forces meant these new arrivals mingled with the old were much needed, no matter what initial impression might be made due to appearance or strangeness. There was desperation here. Bravado. Greed. Ambition. Hatred. His own was simple enough: pride. He could recognize his own weakness enough to try to reign it in. It was why he was the Voice, spreading Darkness by word even in lands that would otherwise insult him on some level and demand retribution.

"I welcome the Eye into our ranks, let us hope they will serve as well as they promise. I stand ready to speak again for Darkness, my lord. Where would you have me begin? Whom shall I aid or hinder for our efforts? Where shall Darkness fill the hearts of those from my words as my forges churn out many a good for your Heralds?" Thalaion offers with a momentary bow of his head before standing fully again, hands at his sides before the Dark Lord.

"My dear Jagvir, I am sure you will agree that all meat must eventually decay. I merely sped up the inevitable.", Hildegard casually remarked, as the Rakhsha reprimanded her wastefulness. The whole feast was clearly displayed to impress, rather than to feed them appropriately and she did not care where the leftovers would end up. But she also didn't seem bothered by his remark and there were far too many interesting conversations and characters to get lost into. The Vestati prince appeared as the most noteworthy, as he was hailed as a legend and started distributing valuable gifts to everyone around. Hildegard couldn't help but notice how carefully they had been selected, proving to her that they all must have been carefully studied beforehand. "Oh my, you shouldn't have...", she acted nonchalant at first, but there was a revealing gleam in her eyes, as the tome already tempted her to just ignore the rest of the party to dive deeper into the darkness within. But the necromancer didn't forget all of her manners. "You have my sincerest gratitude, humble prince. What an impeccable taste in literature."

A duo of undead knights flanked a decaying handmaiden as they silently came to take the gift away, carefully securing it for their master for later study. The feast meanwhile grew more lively, though Hildegard wouldn't have anticipated for the chandelier to get involved. She found the display amusing, but was rather occupied by listening to Voyka and Seith - who soon revealed so much more than she had expected. "I do not believe one will top that party trick anytime soon.", she again found humour in the situation, though she didn't repeat this approach when Voyka spoke. Soon enough, all conversations ended anyways, as the big finale came quicker than she would have expected. A rush of excitement came over her, as Alexandra called upon all of them. It was finally time to see, if her journey here had been truly worthwhile.

Hildegard followed as they were lead into the throneroom, where she slowly walked towards the jagged obsidian, drinking in the aura of the place. The presence of the Dark Lord was unlike anything she had witnessed before and the necromancer felt terrified and lifted alike. With glowing eyes, she joined the ensemble of heralds waiting at the throne to hear them introduced by Alexandra. Unsurprisingly, the Dark Lord was harsh in his judgements but after the Queen had previously diminished some of the Heralds herself, she now advocated for each of them, besides Izaak Rosach - causing Hildegard to grow a bit more curious about the reasons behind this. Waiting patiently, she stepped forth and curtsied as her name was called. Despite the damning gaze now directed at her, she still had enough audacity to wink at Alexandra as she noticed the grin. "Quite right indeed.", she purred back, before raising her head slightly and stepping before the Dark Lord with pride. His words were an invitation to prove something with the thirteen corpses scattered about right now, but she held back. Those souls belonged to the rituals here and there would be no shortage of opportunities. "I can and I will.", she answered in the most simple way instead, without an idea of a doubt in her voice.

As she stepped back, Hildegard expected the introductions to be over soon and for them to turn to planning, but Alexandra had selected Sharyx as the last Herald to be introduced for a reason. Raising an eyebrow, the necromancer observed a small glimpse of the Dark Lords power, as flames arose and Sharyx was pulled close. She felt no pity for the dark elf, instead considering it a welcome opportunity to behold some of the magic at work here and - ultimately - it was an inspiring display already giving her ideas on what to practise next. Unhappy with herself for not researching the previous relationships and events at play here, she watched as Sharyx managed to not only save her life by offering to sacrifice it, but also as she was named Eye of Darkness. An unforseen twist of events, followed by the request to bring forth questions and demands. Hildegard patiently waited her turn, taking due note of everyone elses desires. "What are your demands and where do you need me on your campaign?", she started with a question of her own. "Admittedly, I am not quite fussed about where I act first, so long as Heiligstadt will perish in the end. Whatever happens before that shall happen as you wish. I have traveled without pause, growing my knowledge and the number of carcasses shambling about behind me. I humbly suggest to continue this path, perhaps the Valakians need a reminder to heed the call? Although... we could always look for new, unexpected allies...? Far in the North, deep under ground, in jungles below the mist... it matters little for my craft.", Hildegard finally spoke.

Yz went ahead and grabbed the puzzlebox gift, giving a suspicious look as they inspected it thoroughly. It didn't seem like a very comfortable place for their Duckie to stay since there wasn't a lot of renovations or comfortable furniture inside so perhaps she would have to save it for something else. Not having any clue what they could want to put in it for the current moment, they just kept it to themselves for the time as Ilithis had been one to accept the banana gift, Yz nodding and waving.

"You're welcoooome~! I'm so humble and generous with my gifts, it's no wonder everyone gets a big grin on their face whenever I show up!" Yz smugly added as they didn't hold much interest in the super-pointlessly-serious conversations going on between the other heralds until Alex showed up once more. During their announcement, Yz rolls their eye...holes, or something, and murmurs under their breath.
"When the good bell of blank tolls, did a hound write the agonising canvas of naught untold skin of stories?" they sighed, shaking their head. Yz was already here, there was probably nothing else worth even showing at this point, this entire birthday party had already peaked. Wondering if Alex had one last super surprise birthday present or something for the lot of them, coming along to see what it was as they were given witness to the magic trick that made a Dark Lord appear. Blinking around to get a good look at the ritual, they murmured a quiet and soft 'ooh' when he finally stood up from his throne.

Not hearing anything about what the Dark Lord said about a kidnapping circus, Yz would've completely and immediately shut down such silly nonsense if they were paying attention. Instead, they were too busy looking really closely at the other heralds while they were busy looking at the Dark Herald. Hearing the simple phrase of keeping one entertained, Yz immediately twisted their focus.

"Entertained? Who, I can be entertaining! Mememememe! Me! Meee~!" Yz cheerfully called as they blinked around the room rapidly, waving their arms for attention despite having no idea what the actual thing said was, up until the Dark Lord eventually asked about any questions that were held about the campaign ahead. Not having any clue what campaign they were even doing due to their lack of not paying any attention, Yz could only assume they must have been talking about the big world birthday party or something here at the King of Birthdays' castle.

"OOH! Ooh, ooh! I have a question! Lookitmeee!! I have a one hundred questions and then!!" Yz said as they furiously jumped up and down, flailing and swinging their arm holding it up in the air to be picked on for asking a question. Not even waiting for it and abruptly blinking on over to the Dark Lord's throne, Yz hung onto the throne as they began to gently poke the Dark Lord for his attention.

"Mr. Birthdayman! Why are you wearing so much heavy clothes? That looks uncomfortable, I'm sure if you were a lot more brighter and colourful, people would be so happy and love to see you. I think the weird Bit- I mean Witchwoman would look great in clown makeup too, I think I should be allowed to handle interior decoration and wardrobe changes. This place will be a ten-outta-ten tourist destination in a matter of moons!" Yz proposed, nudging him with their shoulder hoping he would agree. Blatantly staring at his armpit and quickly poking their fingers under, Yz got significantly distracted and saw no danger in the situation whatsoever.

"Tickle, tickle, tickle~!" Yz giggled, noticing the gap in his helmet and reaching for it as they grabbed nothing.
"Got your nose, little guy! Whosa wittle scary-man? Yes you are! Yes you are! MISS WITC- I MEAN BITC- I MEAN SANDWICH WOMAN, CAN WE KEEP HIM, HE'S A GOOD BOY LOOKATIM. LOOKATIM FRIENDS HOW CAN WE NOT KEEP HIM?" Yz asked in hopes they could keep him.

"I came here b'half of me people. As she said." Rekko spoke, "We fought the Medvedyi fer a generation... and lost. We made them pay fer every inch of ar' 'ome, and still they came. And now, after the Light haft 'bandoned us, I'm 'ere now." The Saukkonen shifted where he stood before continuing, carefully choosing his words.

"I come ta make a deal. If ye help support us reclaiming ar' 'ome, and leave us in peace afta..." Rekko spoke, taking a deep breath before finishing. "I'll kill both tha Tsar AND the elf King of the Nord fer ya."

The Dark Lord listened to Rekko's reasoning. It was a story he had heard several times before: small tribes of beastmen, driven out of their lands by those who call themselves 'servants of Light' or 'champions of Justice.' His proposition was rather interesting... but could the leader of Saukkonen really be up to the task?

"You are aware that the King of the Suomeniir has been here since the dawn of time, correct?" asked the Dark Lord. He followed that question with a statement: "And the Medvedyia... I do not know who rules them in this era, but I am certain they are not weaklings, either."

The Saukkonen behind Rekko glanced at each other. Was the Dark Lord going to reject their demands? Had they come here all for nothing? Rekko and the Lord of Darkness looked each other in the eye, tensely silent for almost an entire minute.

"You are brave, Rekko of the Saukkonen. Let us see where your bravery will take you." He then looked to Thelarion. "Spread the word to every Saukkonen around and beyond the northern coasts: they will be paid handsomely if they join Rekko's campaign."

The Dark Lord looked back at Rekko. "If you unite the Wild North, you will be forever remembered. However, do not kill King Pertturas Yrjölärii of the Suomeniir; I want you to bring him to me. As for the current King, Boyar, Tsar... Whatever title the leader of the bears is calling themself these days... do with them as you will."

"The tragedy of the previous war deserves a response in kind," Lucafiel said, his voice heard without need to raise it. "We should follow in the footsteps of Mistress Fyrixia. Let us send a message. Let us kill a god once again. The forces of Light have grown fat and arrogant within their previous victory and a message now will strike terror into their hearts that no battlefield victory will convey; such a thing is too mundane for their minds." Lucafiel raised one hand, palm upwards, fingers splayed like talons. "But if we are to find a suitable victim of your choosing... to entice them down to this mortal plane... and eviscerate their very being... the mortals tied to the tyranny of the Light will know only terror and nightmares for the opening of our next Crusade. Their moral will not stand to the initial and strongest blow of our proverbial hammer. We must make their minds weak. Let them find no solace in their hearts. Let their alliances crumble, their faith falter, their hope die upon the blood of the divine."

"We must make it known: there is no where they can hide from us, for our reach is infinite. Find us a deity, Dark Lord, no matter how minor. Let us sink our teeth and hands into their flesh so that we may sup upon the grace of their blood once again,"
Lucafiel said, his voice at last embodying a deep, almost primordial bloodlust for the forces of Light.

While Rekko's request was sensible, Lucafiel's was quite extreme. "You wish to kill the divine once more, Lucafiel?" asked the Dark Lord. Amusement crept into his voice as he spoke. "Might you be trying to kill the Gods, one by one, until you find that deity that cast the Vestati out of the Heavens? Is that it?" His tone continued to shift, and his questions now bore a hint of mockery. Alexandra noticed this and gave the Dark Lord a plaintive look.

"There are thousands of Gods. Some have grown so weak that they might be normal Kine like those beneath us, while others are so powerful that they create their own realms in Heaven, so that those that worship them might continue to do so in death. There are many deities that are active in the waking world, Lucafiel." The Dark Lord then took note of the Yakal warriors standing behind the Redeemer Prince. "I have known you for some time, Lucafiel. I know what drives you, and what keeps you entertained... So, I'll grant you this favor." he said, leaning back into the throne.

"There are the Divine Hounds, Cuana and Cúmheá, who roam the sacred forests in the Druadacha region of the Cosnach. Umach, the god of Valor and the last of the Orc deities that did not fall to Fyrixia's spell, is said to live in the mountains of Setros in Kartia - and the Orcs who continue to worship the Light live alongside him. Lastly, the Trickster deity of the Zel'Aldari, Anexia, continues to be a thorn on our side..."

The Dark Lord quietly chuckled. "Heh... I wish I could tell you to hunt down Papa Molok, the goblin god, but Fyrixia wants no harm to befall him. Nonetheless, do with this information what you will. If you destroy these deities, the Lady of Darkness will be most pleased with you."

"Anđo," she affectionately referred to the Dark Lord, "I imagine you know what my desire is, as per usual. The freedom to slaughter as I please, and perhaps even finally bringing my people into the fold of Darkness after so long. But the circumstances of my reincarnation have brought me unique challenges. I can't imagine that more than a year had passed since my reawakening, and I was not able to establish myself as I normally would. I found myself working for meager pay as a criminal refugee in La Matanza," she explained, knowing she wouldn't need to elaborate as to why she needed to flee from Valakia, a state which was nominally on their side, given the place of the Rogovci and their views on her.

"For the first time, I come to you with no men following my banner, my old equipment likely still lost in the sands of Turegia, including my beloved longsword, and younger than I had ever been, in my early 30s," she emphasized, as the Dark Lord would recall how one of her reincarnations had had her present in her late 40s in contrast to every other being over 60, but she had had more than half a dozen years to build up her base for the war to come, in contrast to her now, "the only thing I have is what I always carry with me, a burning desire to slaughter in your name and Fyrixia's names," she said with a bow. After finishing her bow, she made one final remark, "though one question burned within me since my reawakening, and that is whether or not the damnable grand wizard who caused my downfall still lived among us, as just as with elves, you cannot trust wizards not to try and extend their lives."

Anđo. That was a nickname he had not heard in a while. Just hearing it brought him a modicum of comfort. As despicable as Voyka was, she had been with his since the very beginning. She, like Alexandra, had become a constant in his life rather than a variable, and for an immortal being, it was always good to know he had loyal followers in his absence.

Voyka wanted two things: One was the same as it always was: to slaughter the enemy in his name. "And you shall slaughter all who stand before you, Voyka." he said with a rotton smile, hidden beneath his helmet. But then, she asked about the man that killed her. As he had perished before her, he knew nothing of this.

Alexandra gave Voyka an impish grin. "Grandmaster Darude of the Saguaros continues to live, leading his people through the Turegian desert."

The Dark Lord tilted his head slightly. "Darude? The cactus man?" he asked in disbelief.

"Oh, my liege... he is a very powerful sorcerer despite his appearance. He not only killed Voyka, but his sandstorms buried two legions and three other Heralds that very same day." Alexandra then taunted Thelarion with a grin equally steeped in mockery. "I'm surprised the Mouth of Darkness didn't deal with the Saguaros. After all... his keep is somewhere in Turegia."

"Enough." said the Dark Lord, prompting Alexandra to hold her tongue.

"...As you wish, my lord." she quickly replied.

He turned his attention back to Voyka. "I've always considered you a worthy ally, Voyka. I want you to help Thelarion - this will give you an opportunity to claim the sorcerer's life."

Alexandra chimed in with another grin: "Watch out, he's quite the prickly enemy..."

The Dark Lord stared at Alexandra in silence for a moment while the Sorceress kept on smiling, quite pleased with herself. He then turned his attention towards Illifis and Cordia, who took a few steps forward to speak with him.

"I have little to make in the way of demands, my lord."Illifis spoke first."My order has existed for centuries and as we join your ranks, I want to make sure that they grow to something more. The Death knights of the Withered rose will to grow in number until we are fit to become the vanguard of your iron fist and an extension of your will. Slaughter wont be enough. We want to extinguish the light and crush hope where it hides. We want to spread terror and dread to those who stand in your path."

"Los Caballeros de la Rosa Moribunda..." spoke the Dark Lord in perfect Ozcuran. "I had heard of your order before, Baron, and you have an admirable goal. Perhaps you deserve more than just the title of Baron and a mere castle," he said, eyeing the knight. "Remind Duchess Mariana del Llanto of her place, and if she ever proves to be a problem for our cause... Then I would say that the Duchy of Ozcura deserves a better ruler."

"My demands are more focused" Cordia took over from her husband "This is likely of little consequence to you, but centuries ago I had sailed again to join your growing armies. I had assembled a small fleet of pirates, corsairs and briggands, but my skills as a sea with were unremarkable. It was enough to be betrayed and ambushed by a coalition of ships. My fleet sank and along with it my chance to join in your crusade. I made a pact with something in the deep my lord, perhaps one of your servants, but it is sympathetic to your cause, but showed hatred and contempt to the light above. For every heart I would feed the abyss, my own power would grow, it promised." A rolled up scroll manifested in her hand. She unrolled it partially to show its content. Along with rows of names, there were runes of an ancient language doting the sdies of each."I have a list of names. Hundreds. Would be heroes who damned me to the depths and their bloodlines, all of them standing in your way. I want them all dead. Even if I were to gain nothing I still want them dead. I want their blood to turn the tides red." She rolled the scroll back and with a flick of her hand it dissapeared.

He then turned his attention to Cordia. Truth be told, the Dark Lord cared little for pirates. Back in ancient times, they were a nuisance rather than a threat, but he couldn't help but notice in the last war how strong they had become. They had harnessed technology from Meroa to steal merchant ships traversing the Sea of Swords. Perhaps having a pirate ally as a Herald may be a blessing in this day and age.

"You seek revenge, pirate? You shall have it." he said, before looking at his council. "Sharyx, Thelarion and Alexandra shall help you locate them if need be."

Alexandra nodded. "I already know who funded the ones that killed you, Cordia... The Republic of Villa Hermosa, and its current governor, Ernesto de Villa Hermosa, is the son of Alejandro, the man who paid various crews to kill you... However, most of the pirate crews during the time of your demise have disbanded. It's been a hundred years after all... and there's still a few who I know nothing about. My suggestion, then, is to seek allies among the Sea of Swords. They might locate the pirates that still live to this day."

"If I may introduce myself, your lordship, I am Seith. The name 'Voidsinger' was also given to me during my travels, so it serves as my last name." he began as he stepped forward, "I am a servant to Lady Sharyx before you, as deemed by the Matriarch herself. I was with Lady Sharyx during her escape from Ilberynn, and have remained her friend and confidant ever since."

He took a breath, before speaking again. "I wish to hold no secrets from you, my lord. I wish to serve you as loyally as I have served my lady. With that, I will profess now that I practice the arts of Chaos magic. I learned both it and the ways of Dark magic long ago, before I was cast out of the realm of Ilberynn. I wish to use the ways of Chaos to further the goals of Darkness, and see you rule this realm. Control the various creatures and entities born of the Chaos realm, and use them for our own ends."

"...Beyond that, I want a world that only you and the First Sinner rule. No gods. No kings or queens. If they can be killed, then erase them. If they can be made submit to your will, then force them to their knees to kiss your boots."
he added, "...That's what I wish for, my lord."

He then looked to Sharyx for a moment, then back to the Dark Lord. "...I offer you the same as my Lady. Should my practice of Chaos render my life forfeit, my blood shall be spilled to make amends. The necromancer can use my corpse as a meat shield, if you wish." he stated, before looking to Sharyx. "My Lady might sever the threads of my life as her first duty as the Eye of Darkness, should you will it. She will not hesitate, and it would further show her devotion to the cause."

"...But allow me to live, and I shall serve you, and the First Sinner, for eternity."
His eyes shifted back to the red orbs in the Dark Lord's helmet. "The Gods of Chaos hold no sway over me. It is quite clear they care little for my existence, as they have already attempted to blind me. I am of sound mind and body, bearing not the marks of insanity like their followers."

Seith couldn't see Dark Lord's expression beneath his helmet, but he did notice that the Dark Lord didn't shift his posture at all - he continued to casually lay on it, seemingly unbothered by the revelation. "...You are foolish to believe you've any control over Chaos," he finally said.

"But you are not the first servant of the Dark that has used summoning magic. Isn't that right, Voyka?" He continued, slowly turned towards the Rogovci. "Crassius Severus, the Archmagister of the Crassian Magocracy. He summoned creatures from the Chaos realm to fight for him, but even then, he knew he couldn't control them."

"My best advice, then, Seith: forget about that, and focus on channeling your powers to summon these beasts. Use them to your advantage, but always keep a method to send them back close at hand. Even a lowly cho-cho can cause irreparable damage to our world..."

"My Lord, I seek to gather those souls left orphaned by the Light, like my own," she answered. "I wish to raise them up from obscurity so that we may kill all obstacles in your path. I believe we should begin at the periphery and work our way in. The Mandrae Tribes are weak, but they may serve as a gateway to more desirable targets to the north." She smiled, and the sickly, deranged look returned to her eyes. It was clear what she was implying: first, the foxes, and then the wolves. Then came the heretical dark elves, by word or by blade, and then, of course, Ilberynn. "Does this please you, my Lord?"

"Well, well. Not even an hour has passed, and the Eye of Darkness has presented her own strategy!" said Alexandra with a rather genuine smile on her face. It was impressive, as most Heralds that approached the Dark Lord in the past have done so with the intention of satisfying their own desires. Few would profess such a wider view at the start of a campaign.

The Dark Lord took note of this as well, leaning on his throne to better look at Sharyx. Her intention to gather those who, like her, were mistreated by the Light, was surprising to him to an extent, but it could also explain why she travelled with a Chaos sorcerer. "...The Mandrae? Have they not joined the Cosnach League?" he asked, looking to Alexandra.

"Indeed, the bad blood between the Mandrae and the Cu continue to this day, but I believe the leader of the League is trying to convince the tribal rulers of the Mandrae to join the League once and for all. But," she added with a sly inflection, "I am sure our dear Sharyx will be able to handle that issue," she said approvingly.

Jagvir would step forward proudly to the Dark Lord. A Power that eminated of domination. Behind him in step were his two brothers of Eqbal and Mohan. "I am Jagvir Kohar. My brothers Eqbal and Mohan. The Kohars will serve you as our ancestors have before. This time, however, it will be for eternal victory. I do not have many great words, but I will cut down many foes. And find a place to be your greatest warrior."

The Dark Lord gave Jagvir a confused look beneath his helmet. While it wasn't the first time he had met Heralds already in command of large armies, Jagvir was among the very few who willingly stepped aside to allow another member of their army to do the talking. Even the most ineloquent warlords would usually silence any follower who dared speak out of turn, but perhaps Jagvir is well aware of his limitations, and understood his role in his clan. The Raksha were truly fascinating Kine, culturally speaking.

Jagvir stopped a moment before his brother Mohan spoke, "As for achieving such victory the Kohar family has planned for many years. Jagvir already has a reputation as the Iron Fist. One that has long crushed the lizardmen incursions, and taken the fight to many of their tribes. It would only be natural to take further action into the Rajahnate of Nagara, espically after the death of our father." He'd pause with a breath, "The victories and bounty we gain from this conquest will bring credence to your acension. And it will give the Raj time to regain his faith in the rightful place under our Queens name instead of the profit of spice. More importantly it will allow Indraj to gain a strong footing. One that appears natural and doesn't allow Shou Lang to take notice." Mohan began his end of the speech, "When we have established ourselves into a power our cloaked dagger will become open. By the time we have gained their eye the Kohar Clan will have built a bulwark upon your eastern front."

The eastern front had always troubled the armies of Darkness in the past, not just because of Shou Lungs sheer military and political power, but because the population and their customs were completely different than those in the western regions of Mysnia. While they understood the concepts of Light and Dark, they did not see good and evil, and thus the message of Darkness, and its complete opposition to the Light, was misinterpreted or simply misunderstood by the locals.

The Rajahnate of Indraj joining the side of Darkness, while not a recent event, did not come naturally, and only happened due to an intermingling demon god making a pact with the Rajas of Indraj. The Nagas and the Lizardfolk of Nagara, on the other hand, were seemingly immune to corruption. Both nations had thus fought bitterly ever since, with Nagara invading Indraj multiple times simply to gather resources and satisfy their never ending hunger, and Indraj invading them either for revenge or for sport.

But this rivalry between two realms has created the perfect situation for the Armies of Darkness. Perhaps Clan Kohar was the key to creating a strong foothold on the east. "Most impressive, Mohan Kohar." He said. "Jagvir, as master of your household, I authorize you to use any resources necessary to secure the eastern front."

Alexandra then interjected with a comment of her own: "Please bear in mind that we still need to maintain an economy in certain regions of the world, to keep producing other resources or hire mercenaries to bolster our armies... keep the spice trade flowing, Jagvir."

The Dark Lord concurred. "He who controls the spice, controls the trade of Mysnia."

"I welcome the Eye into our ranks, let us hope they will serve as well as they promise. I stand ready to speak again for Darkness, my lord. Where would you have me begin? Whom shall I aid or hinder for our efforts? Where shall Darkness fill the hearts of those from my words as my forges churn out many a good for your Heralds?" Thalaion offers with a momentary bow of his head before standing fully again, hands at his sides before the Dark Lord.

The focus of the Dark Lord returned to his Council, specifically on Thelarion, who had asked for orders or instructions so that he could spread his voice across Mysnia. But before the he could respond to his questions, Alexandra interjected: "You should have done other things by now, such as spreading misinformation about our enemy across the heathen masses. Instead, all you've done is hide away in your little oasis fort with your magical machines and your students."

This rivalry between his Hand and Voice was bound to become an issue for the Dark Lord, but with Sharyx in the middle as his Eye, perhaps the council could be saved somehow. "Enough, Alexandra. Thelarion, when time permits, tell me of your research into combining machinery and magic." The failure of the Meroan offensive remained a heavy toll on the Dark Lords mind. This new technology could be an issue unless it remained isolated in Meroa.

"As for your help... you still possess the power of void walking, yes? Spread the word among the dissidents, but use your skills to speak for your fellow Heralds, and assist them in their diplomatic attempts, should they make any... But also, I am aware you wish to take a hold of the Turegian deserts. Please, do not abandon that objective; continue to bring our law into that lawless wasteland..."

"Just one warning..."
the Dark Lord leaned towards Thelarion, his eyes glowing a bit more intensely. "...any magical items from Maraj you may find, or have found until now... Destroy them. This is an order."

"What are your demands and where do you need me on your campaign?", she started with a question of her own. "Admittedly, I am not quite fussed about where I act first, so long as Heiligstadt will perish in the end. Whatever happens before that shall happen as you wish. I have traveled without pause, growing my knowledge and the number of carcasses shambling about behind me. I humbly suggest to continue this path, perhaps the Valakians need a reminder to heed the call? Although... we could always look for new, unexpected allies...? Far in the North, deep under ground, in jungles below the mist... it matters little for my craft.", Hildegard finally spoke.

The necromancer's willingness to join any effort or campaign reflected positively on Alexandra and the Lord of Darkness. "You have a lot of courage, mistress necromancer. Such willingness will get you far, even if you are followed by the accursed dead."

Alexandra nodded in agreement. "There are many regions that could use your... touch, my dear," she added, before the dark lord continued.

"...But admittedly, your skill might be best suited for those that are rich in corpses, such as the aforementioned Valakia."

"The deserts of Khetar continue to be a home to the undead. Perhaps you can convince Pharoah Amaunet to join us again," said Alexandra, chiming in with an idea of her own. "Or perhaps, if you are feeling suicidal, you can try to get Crassus Severus to teach you a trick or two," she said, to which the Dark Lord chuckled in response.

"He'd rather wait until the Sun god dies and explodes than to teach people his magics. Old bastard," he grumbled. But before he could continue giving Hildegard more suggestions, a strange creature appeared before the Lord of Darkness.

"Mr. Birthdayman! Why are you wearing so much heavy clothes? That looks uncomfortable, I'm sure if you were a lot more brighter and colourful, people would be so happy and love to see you. I think the weird Bit- I mean Witchwoman would look great in clown makeup too, I think I should be allowed to handle interior decoration and wardrobe changes. This place will be a ten-outta-ten tourist destination in a matter of moons!" Yz proposed, nudging him with their shoulder hoping he would agree. Blatantly staring at his armpit and quickly poking their fingers under, Yz got significantly distracted and saw no danger in the situation whatsoever.

The Dark Lord stood there in silence as this jester continued to spit her maddened drivel. It was actually... refreshing to him, and reminded him of another commander he thought of fondly - another strange and bizarre character whose antics amused him. But this jester was more dangerous than that previous commander, and far less self aware.

"Tickle, tickle, tickle~!" Yz giggled, noticing the gap in his helmet and reaching for it as they grabbed nothing.
"Got your nose, little guy! Whosa wittle scary-man? Yes you are! Yes you are! MISS WITC- I MEAN BITC- I MEAN SANDWICH WOMAN, CAN WE KEEP HIM, HE'S A GOOD BOY LOOKATIM. LOOKATIM FRIENDS HOW CAN WE NOT KEEP HIM?" Yz asked in hopes they could keep him.

Alexandra watched, aghast, as Yz shoved her fingers into the Dark Lords helmet. The dark knights around the throne room pulled out their swords, but didn't approach the throne. Once the jester had finished her silly little magic trick, and called Alexandra a bitch, and then talked about "adopting him," Alexandra was furious at Yz for disrespecting everyone in the room.

"You little cu-" muttered the Witch Queen of Lohrsahr as she prepared a spell, but the Dark Lord stopped her by just lifting his hand.

Yz watched as the Dark Lord arose from his throne. He was much taller than her, and even if she was immune to fear, she felt strange looking directly into the Dark Lords eyes. He then raised a hand, and pointed at Yz's face... then... He booped the clowns nose, as if he was amused by her. That was until Yz grabbed her head and shouted in guttural pain. She started to feel a staggering pressure inside of her skull. So intense was the agony that it forced her to fall to her knees.

"Listen, little changeling... you amuse me, but do not disrespect me. Next time you put your grubby little fingers inside my helmet, I'll chop them off and hand feed them to you. Understood?" The pain slowly subsided, as if nothing ever happened, but Yz now knew the Dark Lord could inflict a truly atrocious sort of pain upon her.

"Now... I tire of this. Alexandra, take us to the strategy room," he said as he descended the stairs beneath his throne in order to stand next to his council.

"As you wish, my lord," Alexandra replied as she led the group towards another section of the castle. When Alexandra opened the heavy doors to the room, the Heralds were surprised by the rather well-maintained strategy room. It was stocked with several cases full of maps and books about the different regions of Mysnia.

Right in the middle was a large and detailed map which depicting the main continent, as well as part of the Yetunde continent and the known regions of the Wild North. It was an updated and neatly-maintained map, but the Dark Lord sighed bitterly as he studied it. It was evident from his body language alone that he was struck, thinking of how there was a time when this map was almost entirely purple, to signify his indominable reach.

"Heralds, you are more familiar with the current year than I am. Mortal rulers rise and fall constantly, and so do their feeble nations. There are many such nations who are weak enough for us to invade, but invasions cost time and resources. Sometimes you will need to look around the area, get to know the locals, and perhaps recruit some of them."

He pointed at a specific province of Heiligstadt - the duchy of Frysland. "Back in the second war, this region used to be an independent kingdom, and the Fryslanders were tribal levies willing to serve the Light. But by understanding their homeland, and by talking with their leaders, I managed to convince them to join our side instead."

"Have that in mind when you conquer in our name."
He glanced at Sharyx for a moment before continuing. "Seek the cultists, the heathens, the criminals, the outcasts and pariahs, and spread the word of Darkness."

Alexandra nodded in agreement. "Look into the map at your quarries, and I shall personally give you what knowledge we have on the region."

map provinces blank.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back