• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom My Hero Academia: Go Beyond, Plus Ultra!

OOC
Here
Characters
Here

Japanime

✧☽ 𝒹 𝓇 𝑒 𝒶 𝓂 𝒾 𝓃 𝑔 ☾✧
TannerDedInside2017 TannerDedInside2017 FireMaiden FireMaiden Computing Magus Computing Magus T The Huntsmans Hunter Sir Fungus Sir Fungus Fluxbauble Fluxbauble Apis Apis All For One All For One DuckMannnn DuckMannnn

"All these tacos for little ol' me? Aww Twinkles, you shouldn't have!" Tomoki murmured dreamily, turning over on his side and snuggling deeper into the warmth.

"No, not eggs, tacos And girls!" the young man argued as he began to regain consciousness.

Tomoki let out a groan as he cracked open one eye and appraised his surroundings, his adrenaline spiking when he took in the white, blank walls.

With a jolt, Tomoki shot up out of bed and began running across the room. He got dressed in his old Middle School uniform and quickly ate a bowl of cereal. As soon as he finished he began his walk to school.

Last edited:
Kira woke up with a grin on his face, despite just waking up "Entrance exams!" he said quickly getting dressed into his hero outfit he had fashioned himself. He ran downstairs and ate breakfast quickly "Mom, I'm going to go take the entrance exam!" he shouted to her before going out the door and onto his bike. He took in all of his surroundings. The trees, the other people. He noticed one guy he recognized from his school "Hey Tomoki!" he said as he whizzed by.

He arrived at the school and walked through the doors. He saw all the other people in the assembly room and took his seat. He hoped that someone he knew would sit next to him

“First day of U.A. High huh?..” Ryan thought to himself as he woke in his apartment, It’s small space and run-down walls giving him a sort of Reminder of his hometown down in Italy, He looked at the clock, realizing he was running dangerously late “Merda....” he cursed under his breath. Quickly putting on his ‘casual’ red hood, a t-shirt saying ‘U.A.’ On it and a black pair of pants.

Not bothering with a shower or freshening up any further, he ran out of his apartment complex, down to the academy and quickly entering into the assembly room. Exhausted, he took a seat in an empty chair quickly without hesitation “Dannazione, I wonder if anyone else almost forgot about today..” he thought to himself aloud.

Tomoki waved at the student who whizzed by on a bike from his old school and continued walking towards U.A. Once he arrived he went to where all the middle school students were meeting and took a random seat. When he sat down he kicked his feet up on the table and placed his hands behind his head. "School sucks."

“Tch, tell me about it.” Replied Ryan as he put his hood over his head, glancing at Tomoki briefly before staring ahead towards the front of the room, obvious ash burns stained his once red colored jacket, he took a breath to calm himself down before realizing he accidentally set the top of his head on fire, patting it out quickly before any alarms sounded.

Kira looked at both Ryan and Tomoki and said "Hey, maybe U.A. will be better!" he said happily. He started throwing a rock up and down in his hand "It probably won't be as bad as middle school" he told them "This time, we get to learn how to be a hero!" he exclaimed and noticed Ryan's head burst into flame "Woah!" he said "That's cool!" He told him "I'm guessing your Quirk is fire based?"

Kira looked at both Ryan and Tomoki and said "Hey, maybe U.A. will be better!" he said happily. He started throwing a rock up and down in his hand "It probably won't be as bad as middle school" he told them "This time, we get to learn how to be a hero!" he exclaimed and noticed Ryan's head burst into flame "Woah!" he said "That's cool!" He told him "I'm guessing your Quirk is fire based?"
“Yeah..” he chuckled out before returning to a blank state, looking at the ground as if remembering something unsettling, quickly trying to flush it out of his mind, he looked at Kira. “Let me guess, your quirk is something...rock based?”

Kira shook his head "Nope!" he exclaimed "It's called Switch! I can switch the locations of two objects!' he told him with a big grin "So basically I can teleport anything!" He said to him. He then said "I use these rocks for battle purposes. I use them so I can switch objects"

“Huh, pretty cool.” He mumbled, taking out a circular Locket and looking at it for a short time, putting it back in his pocket quickly before looking over at tomoki. “So, what’s your story?”

His face darkened "Well, uuhhhhh" he said reluctant to answer "I don't really like to talk about it...." he said quietly "So what about you" he said reversing it onto him "What is your story" he said quickly

Okuni dipped his head to the lanky suited man stood diligently beside the sleek black limos door as he gracefully swung it open in a single movement and gestured to one of the comfortable looking leather seats in the back. It looked like a movement he'd practised a million times. In fact, it probably was. "Young Goryō" the faceless employee crisply stated. Okuni didn't reply, ducking down and sliding inside the car, accompanied by a quiet sigh as he tried to relieve some of the tension from his body. He sunk back into the reclining chair, his eyes fluttering shut as his thoughts began to wander. He felt freezing, though it was a sunny day outside, and the sinking feeling creeping under his ribs was almost unbearable. It was the day, the day he'd been looking forward to for years, but now, as he faced the entrance exam like a deer frozen in horror by the oncoming headlights of a car, he felt lost. He had connections, or at least, his mother did, and there was no doubt in his mind what the written and practical tests might involve, but he didn't have the reassurance of recommendations to keep him confident. He resented them all for that, stubborn upper class-men that did everything they could to discourage him from following the heroes path. He wouldn't be some heartless participant in his families cold, unwavering capitalist industry. He'd do what was right, no matter what they said, and in the end, they couldn't stop him, unless of course, he was to fail this exam. This singular test of skill would decide the rest of his life, and he was dreading it.

The car ground to a halt and the sound of gravel crunching under the rubber wheels woke Okuni with a start. He scrambled to an upright position and glanced out the one-way window. They were there, and from here on, he was on his own, finally. Without as much as a nod to his chauffeur he pushed on the handle, unlocking the door with a click before stepping outside. He knew the way of course, he'd recited this moment to the letter, and it wasn't long until he was stepping through the halls doors, eyes trained coldly on the ground as he went to take an empty seat, trying to concentrate over the idle chatter of the other students that mixed to create a reverberating, dull hum. He didn't like crowded rooms. There was too much going on, too many feelings, too many thoughts, far too much talking. "Maybe this is my first lesson" Okuni muttered under his breath. "This won't be the last time I'm in this place."

155961359-352-k221490.jpg Scarlett Tempest
Interaction: Apis Apis
Mentioned:

Walking out of the bathroom, towel around her shoulders to keep her hair from getting her clothes wet. "Mom?" She called out, rounding the corner to the living room/kitchen, only to see it was empty. Ah, that's right. Her mom was already at work, and she had to take care of herself. So, she went about her usual morning routine of eating breakfast, checking the news, and getting ready all before she left the little apartment and began her walk to school.

The U.A. She had been talking about it for the past year, because her heart was set on it. She was determined to put herself through the rigorous training so that she would beco.e a hero just to prove that people like her could do. She had been told that her quirk was supposed to be for villains. That she wasn't gonna become a hero because nobody liked her. Scarlett was determined to show them wrong. Back in America, she was alienated after the incident involving her father. And in Japan, nobody seemed to know about it, which was blessing.

Anyway, she had to take a train to a station near the U.A, which took maybe ten minutes, with another added ten minute walk to the school, it kinda sucked not having a good source of transportation, but regardless, she was there. Looking up at the gate, she sighed, before looking for some other students. There were many actually, probably upperclassmen. She approached them, and asked about where they were supposed to go because she wasn't sure if she remembered correctly. They were nice enough to take her to the assembly hall, getting a small quiet thanks from the girl.

She wasn't nervous, nor was she shy really, but she couldn't help but just feel...a little weird. Middle school was hell, and so highschool full of people with quirks that are definitely "hero like", and she just, well, it was hard to explain. Anyway, looking around for an empty seat, she spotted one near a silver haired kid, and promptly took it. "Goodmorning," She said softly, obviously directed towards the boy, "It's very loud in here, to many kids."

His face darkened "Well, uuhhhhh" he said reluctant to answer "I don't really like to talk about it...." he said quietly "So what about you" he said reversing it onto him "What is your story" he said quickly
Ryan shrugged, his gaze fixed to the floor as he mutters “Not much to tell, I live in a run-down apartment, No parents..Kind of a shitty life, but, things happen ya know?” His voice sounding bland and run-down, almost Emotionless.

Sir Fungus Sir Fungus FireMaiden FireMaiden Apis Apis TannerDedInside2017 TannerDedInside2017

The sound of shoes hitting the floor could be heard on stage and along with that a dark humanoid figure making its appearance. The students wouldn't be able to make it out until the lights turned on one by one, flashing onto the Symbol of Peace, Pressure himself. "Greetings, U.A. candidates. I appreciate all of you coming today." His voice was deep and raspy and somewhat smooth.

Kira turned his attention to Pressure. Immediately he perked up "Woah, it's him." he said to himself. "In person!" he exclaimed and sat attentively. He looked at Ryan "Isn't this cool, we actually get to see Pressure in person!" he said to him and turned his attention back to Pressure

editcut.pngYamato Yanase

After ushering some new students in to lead them to the correct place for the opening ceremony, Yamato quickly glided across to some seats in the back once he was satisfied of his work. There were a variety of students who are already talking to each other; students huddled together are definitely from the same school, and those sitting by themselves or just talking casually are ones who have yet to make an impact for this coming school year to their new possible classmates. Teachers are currently assigned to either simply standby, or shepherd any late students in. As for Yamato, he decided to do the former. His co-teachers are already whispering among themselves.

The man himself is in a relatively casual smart attire of a red long-sleeve polo, a black vest, and black slacks, but nothing like a hero costume some of his co-teachers decided to wear for the sake of formality, and fewer more in a kind of suit or dress. He can count the number of people in casual attire like him with just both sets of fingers. He hasn't really taken in the "professional" kind of look to appear as a good example to students. He just doesn't like it; makes him feel "old". That's not necessarily a bad thing, but still.

For Yamato, there were Quirks he can see from where he was sitting at that already intrigue him. Mostly from mutation quirks since those are obvious, but some emitters in the corner are showing off spectacularly. Some famous family's children are here, since U.A. is prestigious, but a number of high-ranking students from many schools seems to want to take on the hero course. Good for them, Yamato thought.

Pressure, the Symbol of Peace himself, is currently giving his opening remarks. These easily sent goosebumps to Yamato, or at least a sensation of similar to that. Pressure was simply the epitome of equilibrium, no questions asked.

Somewhere near the middle of the audience, a teenage boy dressed in a black, hip-hop attire, is seen listening to the great almighty Pressure giving a speech to all of the potential students in the auditorium. He is seen sitting in a laid-back position, with his hat lying on his thighs. The guy has been sitting there in an early time, wanting to occupy a spot in the middle so that he can get the best view of the stage. "Huh. So this is THE real Pressure", he thought to himself. "I wonder what kind of Quirks do the other candidates have? I hope I don't mess this up."

Inori was seated as far back from the stage as she could trying to pretend like she was actually paying attention to what was being said while simultaneously staring at ceiling. It wasn't that Pressure were uninteresting or anything, but she had simply never really been a fan of him.

Her attention instead turned towards some kids who were excitedly demonstrating their quirks to each other were they thought the teachers couldn't see them . "Bloody show offs" she muttered under her breath, not even attempting to hide the contempt in her voice. Couldn't they even wait until the actual exam began to rub their quirks in everybody's faces? Angerly, Inori turned back her attention towards the ceiling.

Kira turned his attention to Pressure. Immediately he perked up "Woah, it's him." he said to himself. "In person!" he exclaimed and sat attentively. He looked at Ryan "Isn't this cool, we actually get to see Pressure in person!" he said to him and turned his attention back to Pressure
“I’m sorry, who?” Ryan asked as he tilted his head in confusion, he was still very new to the whole hero thing and had no idea who this ‘pressure’ was.

c481ae78b6f7200bdb524ccb436b965a.jpg
Yumiko Kurogane - Shadow Khan

Atop a tall building's roof stands an ominous silhouette. Raven hair dances within the breeze. The villain Shadow Khan looks down upon the large doors of UA. Her icy blue eyes scanning students both returning and new. Heroes turned teachers protect the gates and roam the interior. Her eyes soften as her memories flash within her mind. How she dreamed of being a hero as a child. How Yumiko longed for the proud looks on the faces of her parents and sister. But the world is corrupt and the heroes and police that are supposed to protect the innocent are just as guilty as any villain. Her eyes narrowed. Her resolved steeled once more. Would these children live to be the proud heroes she once admired? Or would their corruption fall upon her blade? Only time will tell. And it was Shadow Khan's mission to purge the world of that corruption within the hero world.

"There is nothing more for me to see here. Their fate is yet undecided." She turns and begins to walk away from the sight of UA's gates. A transmission sounds in her earpiece.

Bzzt... Shadow Khan. We have a mission. Bzzt... Report back to base. Bzzt...

The transmission ends and Shadow Khan looks back to get one last glance at the school her dreams once looked to. "Shadow Dancer." A dark figure that looks exactly like her arises slowly from within her shadow. The shadow expands and envelopes Shadow Khan entirely before sinking into the ground. A puddle of shadow is all that remains before darting away at blinding speed.

"He's the #1 Hero!" he exclaimed "How do you not know who he is!?" he exclaimed and shook his head, wondering how this was possible.

Toka was helping herd all of the students inside of the auditorium he noticed something on top of a building. He paused what he was doing and took a closer look. "Who could that be?" he asked himself and turned to and turned his attention back to the students. He once again looked at the building, but the figure was already gone. "Wonder who that is" he said to himself as he walked in. He noticed some of the people's Quirks and began to analyze which ones would probably be the ones to make it.

Sir Fungus Sir Fungus FireMaiden FireMaiden Apis Apis TannerDedInside2017 TannerDedInside2017 Computing Magus Computing Magus DuckMannnn DuckMannnn

Pressure
"I will get straight to the point. Let's talk about how this practical exam is gonna work. Like you all's application said, you will be conducting ten-minute mock battles in an urban setting. After I finish speaking you will head to your specified battle center. There are four types of faux villains in every battle center. You will receive points based on their level of difficulty. Your goal in this trial is to use your Quirk to raise your score by defeating these faux villains. Also, know that there will be no attacking other UA examinees. That's it for now. I'll leave you all with this: A true hero is one who overcomes life's misfortunes. I want you all to go beyond, plus ultra." The Symbol of Peace couldn't help but show a giant smile at those words. If he had to say, UA's motto was probably his favorite phrase to say.

For Seo-Yun today was just the same as any day, she had stayed up trying to find out anything about the various courses that U.A assigned to its hero course so she could get a head start and it was going pretty well various people had put up online the class schedule they had and well slightly different each year most of the classes seemed rather...normal for what she had thought a hero school would offer. A slight yawn escaped from the clearly exhausted girl just how long had she been awake for she wasn't quite sure, glancing at the clock she guessed two days and twenty-three hours causing a very prominent black bag to form under her eyes something she was quite used to having after years of doing the same. Still glancing at the clock on her computer the next thing that caught her eyes was the date she was sure something was today but what. Ignoring the feeling of missing something she began to brush up on her basic studies and everything that the various sources had informed her U.A requires its hero course students to perform. Getting down to work another two hours quickly passed and after a rather full ashtray sleep had finally become of the young women. However, as per usual it didn't last long.

"Seo-Yun its time to get up your going to be late." That voice was unmistakenly her mothers Akane Seung and with a gentle nudge, Seo-Yun's head rose from her desk groggily looking at her mother with a confused look. "I know you don't have to go but it was recommended that you at least attended the opening ceremony for the entrance exam." A slight smile covered Seo-Yun's face as finally the thing that had been nagging her was answered. Continuing to stare blankly at her mother a slight giggle escaped from the older woman's mouth. "Come on I'll make you some breakfast then drive you down and yes we can pick you up some cigarettes before we get there don't want you to be unprepared after all...but before that, you smell like your old man so go get a bath." There was an obvious jokey manner in Akane's voice. "Understood I'll head down shortly then." As Seo-Yun's words left her mouth her mother simply shook her head. "Let me guess three days?" Getting a nod from Seo-Yun caused the shaking of her mother's head to intensify. "You know you really ought to sleep more often it's not good for you to be up for these long hours." The voice of concern from her mother was obvious but one that made sense. "I'll take that into consideration." Strangely enough, while it was Seo-Yun that spoke both herself and her mother said the same thing it wasn't the first time this conversation had occurred.

After quickly running and jumping in and out of the bath, brushing her teeth and placing her usual clothing consisting of a brown striped shirt with a black sweater, simple black pants and thick black-rimmed glasses on she headed downstairs. Her breakfast was simple but filling Miso soup along with her signature side...a cigarette the latter she smokes not eats. Finally getting into her mother's car the pair set off stopping off at a small convenience store along the way to pick up 30 grams of pipe tobacco and 40 Mevius cigarettes. When asked for I.D she handed him a simple blue card authorizing the purchasing of tobacco produces by a signature of the Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare along with U.A's headteacher signature which was added when she was accepted via recommendations. Setting back off the two arrived at U.A quickly.

Exiting the car she gave her mother a quick wave goodbye and stared at the rather intimidating gates of U.A. Looking around she could tell that various people were running late by them rushing around which meant she was either late or nearly late. Following a group ahead she arrived just before the number one hero pressure started talking which meant she had made it just in time. Listening closely to Pressure's words Seo-Yun grew more and more interested in this exam not for her behalf, after all, she didn't have to take it...thankfully. With her quick robots or other non-living things were a problem since well they don't have a quirk for her the cancel. No, she was more interested in what quirks her other possible classmates had. It was only then that the thought occurred to her... would she be able to watch she sure hoped so. Taking a final quick glance around she was positioned right at the very back of the hall which made sense since she was one of the last few in. She saw various people looking nervous, others simply chatting, a few people seem completely calm she guessed those type of people had strong quirks and finally a few people looking down she wondered if they had quirks like her, quirks that this test would completely bypass those that can't affect robots.

This last thought stuck in her mind for a while...the test was biased...bias towards those with powerful quirk, not quirks like hers that when used on a target with a quirk can be extremely deadly to their foe, after all even if they don't try too many people rely on their quirks to fight without it they would be nothing. A gentle sigh escaped from Seo-Yun's mouth one of both regret and relief. Regret for those that quirks aren't suited for this type of test and relief for herself who doesn't have to take the test. It made her wonder how many people with powerful quirks, quirks that can make subjugating villains so easy had been turned away from U.A because of tests like this. "Strange test, simple to weed out the weak but at the same time limits quirks that can't affect non-living objects, that seems rather unfair." Seo-Yun spoke her voice giving away her exhausted state as it seemed zero effort was put into her speaking and was left sounding rather dull, who she was speaking to no one, in particular, she was just curious if anyone else around her would say anything on the matter.

“Beyond plus ultra huh?..” he thought to himself as he looked at pressure. He smirked, finally realizing that this was HIS time to shine, slapping himself lightly while saying aloud “Ok, deep breathes..” he took a deep breath, and then out, Trying not to remember the events that got him here in the first place.

editcut.pngYamato Yanase

Now that the opening ceremony was over, protocol states to send the kids to their respective areas. Each one has already been given some pages of paper detailing the rules of the exam and various information, such as the points assigned to each faux villain and rules against attacking other participants to prevent them from gaining points. There were other various information such as vague details regarding the written exam and such, but the participants are otherwise prepared and ready to be sent to the specific mock-urban settings. Several buses hold signs of their respective letter on their sides, from A to G. Participants should now head to these and arrive at the entrance.

As for Yamato, this means he doesn't do anything at all except sit back and watch. He hasn't checked which area he was assigned to watch and score prominent students in for he hasn't fully scanned his own schedule for today. Wherever he may be, he hopes that the students will show their best in the practical exams. Yamato himself has added his own questions in the written exam, and should be easy enough for aspiring heroes but not too simple that one won't need to study for it; prominent symbolic heroes, hero law, and Japan's hero history was some of the topics Yamato personally added in.

Yamato looks around, finding both examinees and teachers heading to the areas. Written exams come later, so now Yamato simply gets to watch one of the mock-urban areas. In actuality, he never had to watch these battles before, so Yamato was thrilled, not knowing what to expect from these aspiring students. He takes to the hallways and pulls out his personal schedule for one last look.

(I'll just be in the backgrounds watching the areas and giving Yamato's opinion here and there for the rest of the practical exam. Good luck, students; go beyond, plus ultra!)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back