• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern My girlfriend is a super villain

Steel Accord

One Thousand Club
Pilgrim landed in the dark alleyway crouched on one knee and a fist to the ground, his cloak falling around him. He arose and rotated his shoulder. Taking stock of himself, he felt a little banged up. Nothing serious but he did feel exhausted from kicking the crap out of the Circle of Thorns cultists. He needed a recharge. Luckily he knew exactly where to find one.

He found a particular manhole cover and removed it. He dropped straight down through the portal and somehow ended up standing on his feet in front of a door closing behind him in a well lit office entrance. This wasn't disorienting both because teleportation and jumping through portals was nothing new for him and he had been here before. Pilgrim did have to admit that DJ Zero made such a bizarre transference virtually seamless. Most portals made from hi-tech machinery were loud, flashy, and made you feel like you were being pulled a great distance before you got to the other side. DJ made his portals almost elegant. Just walk, jump, or drop through and you're there without so much as a mild case of vertigo.

Pilgrim felt his cloak retreating up his back and his hands slipped up to his hood for him to pull it down. He waved to the receptionist who waved him on through to the elevator. As he approached the main floor he could feel the thudding base and the whine of the music. The music became much clearer as the doors slid open. Of course, the image that dominated his vision was the bouncer, a giant of a man wearing white and red battle gear with the insignia of the Sentinel Corps. emblazoned on his chest. Covering both of his forearms were large gauntlets that could generate energy fields allowing the user to blast from afar or punch with the force of a wrecking ball. His head bore a swept back helmet, his mouth and nose were covered with a mask, and he had a long white cape behind him. Pilgrim had no idea how DJ Zero managed to convince a member of the superhero military organization to serve as a bouncer but he was handy to have around.

"Hey, kid." The older man nodded.

"Hey, Warden Cross." Pilgrim fished in his robe and pulled out his Paragon City hero registration card. Cross took a brief look at the card and waved Pilgrim on in. Pilgrim strolled across the blue lit vestibule with pool tables, a bar on two levels, a few arcade machines, and plenty of seats and tables for relaxing. Pilgrim noticed several other costumed doers of good taking advantage of that last one in particular as he ordered a soda from the bar. Those heroes not completely exhausted were out on the dance floor.

The more relaxed corner of the club opened up to the main chamber, a massive dance floor with a high ceiling and rafters. In the very center was a raised platform with giant speakers and at the top was DJ Zero, wreathed in dimensional energy but still tending to the music. Pilgrim noticed heroes and what he assumed were super villains dancing wildly to the beat. "Assumed" because Pilgrim didn't recognize many of them as big name players that crossed his radar. He did notice a few off duty minions from the Freakshow and Sky Raiders though. He also peered across the dance floor to the other antechamber on the far side.

This one was lit by a low, red light and bore more resemblance to a strip club or dingy bar. Neon signs, dart boards with knives in them, shards of broken bottles. To top it all off, an Arachnos arbiter stood outside the elevator, waving in a cyborg monstrosity stepping out of the elevator. If getting one of the Sentinel Corps. was impressive, getting an Arachnos agent and an Arbiter at that was Herculean, but clearly DJ Zero was such a Hercules. The Arbiter wore grey armor and a cape of his own, a divergence from Arachnos' uniform red and black. Even then though the design was still meant to vaguely suggest a spider, such as the exoskeleton look on the shoulder pads and helmet prongs outlining the chin to suggest fangs. Both the Warden and the Arbiter's jobs were to make sure the people left through the same elevators they arrived in. So Pilgrim couldn't sneak out to the Rogue Isles through the club but neither could someone from the other side do vice versa. It was a pretty well done arrangement that Zero had managed to swing.

The bartender handed Pilgrim his soda and Pilgrim proceeded to the walkways upstairs flanking the dance floor. He wasn't quite ready to join the party and really unsure if he was even going to. Let's see how this turns out.

Last edited:
Aris, or Pandora at the moment, stretched as she exited the elevator and gave a wink to the bouncer, who did not look amused at her shenanigans. It was probably because it was a giant white mask winking at him or her and not her own charming face.

Still, the bouncer waved her though and she walked on to the dance floor. With every beat of the music, her tattoos wiggled and moved, creating new designs and patterns on her skin. Pandora bobbed her head with the music, her heart pounding as the adrenaline from earlier began to wear off.

Tonight, she was celebrating a successful heist. She had gone in and out, and no one saw her. Her stolen goods were safely contained inside her book, which was tied to the back of her waist. And, as another added bonus, she had not yet drawn attention to herself. Some villains wanted the world to know their names; she wanted to remain in the shadows and do her own thing.

However, just because she was a relatively unknown villain didn't mean she couldn't recognize some of the heroes and villains surrounding her. It helped that almost everyone here did not know the meaning of "subtlety" and were easily recognizable. Of course, she recognized the hypocrisy, wearing a Greek mask and having wiggling tattoos.

She made a bee-line towards the dance floor, staying more towards the edge to protect her feet and just in case one of her tattoos decided it would be fun to peel off her body. She glanced at her arms, and sighed as one did exactly that. Still, she rolled with it, grabbing it and using more of a ribbon accenting her moves.

Pilgrim just quietly sipped his drink. In his civilian life he rarely visited these sorts of places. Not because he had a problem with dirty dancing, drinking, and debauchery. He was a good Catholic boy, not a Puritan. No the reason was he was never that successful in scoring a number. He wasn't sure if he gave off a vibe of being dangerous or not dangerous enough. Still, that was August. This was the Pilgrim.

"I'm wearing a dark cloak with a hood! Surely that will make me seem at least a little mysterious to some super-chicks." He thought to himself. Of course he was sharing the club with military veterans, time displaced ancient warriors, animal hybrid mutants, more dead parent backstories than a drunk Disney writer, and actual demons from Hell. So kind of hard to rank high on the mysterious risky levels.

His eye caught when he saw what looked like someone ribbon dancing. He spent more than a little bit just watching her move. He was working up the courage to approach her. He could break the ice but he needed a moment to compose himself. Look cool. After he was ready, he pulled a cord from behind him and the roll on his back unfurled to reveal, a genuine magic carpet.

Pilgrim stepped on his primary form of transportation and glided over the dance floor. A couple of others were in various forms of flight or hanging from the rafters, also dancing to the music. Pilgrim descended, dancing atop his carpet until he eased himself to the floor near his target.

He made an effort not to make a fool of himself so he just rocked to the beat, and eased himself closer.

Pandora glanced over and saw a man on a flying carpet. Well that wasn't something that you see everyday. As he descended, she gave him a grin and motioned for him to come and dance with her.

He looked familiar, probably because she might have seen him on the news or maybe in the Rogue Isles. Or probably here in the club. The last one was probably the mostly likely explanation.

Once he was close enough to hear her over the music, she said, "Come here often?"

She talked to him! It worked.

"Once in awhile." He leaned in close. It was so he could be heard over the music but the fact that it increased proximity helped. "It helps after you take a few hard dings in a scrap." He said.

She laughed and said, "I make it a point to avoid fights. I'm not much of a fighter. Stealth is my forte."

Her heart pounded. Before she had died, she never would have been this bold with a complete stranger and a masked one at that.

She tilted her head and said, "Still. It takes some guts to be involved in fights every night. Are you saving the world or destroying it?"

Pilgrim couldn't quite hear her over the music. So he leaned back and said.

"Why don't we go some place where we can talk? I can buy you a drink." He said.

"Sure."

With a flick of her wrist, she snapped her tattoo back onto her skin and gestured in front of her to lead the way.

Pilgrim lead her to the bar on the hero side of the club and ordered her a drink. No one was shooting them any dirty looks. As long as one stayed away from the elevators neither Warden Cross nor Arbiter Dane gave heroes or villains in their area trouble.

Pilgrim got Pandora a drink. "I'm the Pilgrim by the way. What do you go by?" He asked now that the music in the bat area was a little more easy and spacey.

"Pandora," she said, grabbing a straw from a dispenser. Blasphemous for some drinks, but using a straw made drinking with a mask so much easier.

Pilgrim. The name sounded a bit familiar.

"I've heard of you. Not much, but I have heard of you. Where did you get so many magical items." The grin on her mask widened. "They are magical, right? Not some alien tech that I've confused as magic? Because apparently that's common here..."

"Often deliberately so. Either because some are trying to affect the image of being supernatural or just a personal style. No though, my stuff is the genuine article. He parted his cloak with an arm to show off his baubles and charms. Some of it I 'confiscated' off of idiots with no concept of what they had. Most of it though, I just make myself." Pilgrim said with pride as he nursed his drink.

She admired the baubles and charms and had to resist the urge to reach out and snatch one. One, because that was rude. and two, because this was a neutral place.

"Impressive!" she said, and pulled out her book before laying it on the table. "This is the only thing I have."

Her book was old, black leather serving at the binding. The pages were discolored from age and...other things that she probably didn't want to know about. The book was clasped shut with silver chains and a padlock with no keyhole.

"That's . . . certainly a magical item." Pilgrim said, the bad voodoo vibes he was getting from the grimoire were not small. Then again, he'd met plenty of heroes who tapped into questionable sources for their powers. Hell, (literally) Infernal, of the Freedom Phalanx was a host for at least one, possibly more, demons and he was one of the most righteous defenders of the innocent he knew. (Not personally anyway.) "Is that where your powers come from?" He asked.

"Indeed it is," she said, resting her hand on the padlock. "I found it inside a bookstore while I was browsing and it certainly was a surprise when I finally got it open. The medical examiner in the morgue certainly was surprised...," she muttered more to herself.

"It's the source of some of my powers, yes. But it's not like I'd be out of luck if it were destroyed if that's what you're asking," she said with a grin. She paused and tilted her head, "Actually I don't know if it can be destroyed...I'd have to ask."

Laughing, Pandora said, "Let me show you."

She held her hand open and her tattoos pooled in her hand. She concentrated, and tiny people formed from the ink and began dancing to the beat.

She watched them dance for a moment while folding a nearby napkin into an sloppy origami cranes. With a snap of her fingers, their arms became razor sharp and they tore apart the crane in a frenzy.

She cleaned up the scraps as the tiny people leaped back onto her skin. It would be rude to leave the place dirty.

Resting her elbow on the counter, she said, "Basically if I can think it, I can create it. Within limits of course."

Pilgrim was, again, a little put off by the display but again, it isn't the power as how it was used. "Impressive," he nodded and smiled. "Well you've seen my bed knobs and broomsticks but in truth my real power is in this." He held up his fist and smiled at it.

"Ooooooooo punching things. Gotta love the basics," said Pandora with a grin of her mask. "Still, I think I could beat you in a fight. Those adorable and honestly impressive muscles couldn't do much against my tattoos."

She gave him a light punch. "Of course, this is only if we're enemies. And right now I don't think we are."

"Well, it's a good thing my pride isn't my master or otherwise I'd challenge you to meet me upstairs at the arena kiosk. Still, I know of an other method to prove my strength to you, if you know what I mean." Pilgrim said with a raised eyebrow.

"Mmmmm I don't know what you mean, but I'm interested in seeing your strength," said Pandora, her mask taking on an interested look. "What do you have in mind?"

"Meet me in Croatoa in fifteen minutes." Pilgrim said as he paid for his bar tab. "We'll have some fun." Pilgrim said as he turned away with a swirl of his cloak.

Pilgrim landed atop the Shire hotel, long since abandoned since the Equinox that tore a hole open to Tir Na nOg and let all of the fey creatures scampering through and wild magiks run rampant too close to a pathetic goth club. Pilgrim had been curious about the Equinox event and the nature of these creatures that now plagued the citizens of this former resort town, but, as always, he was denied access to the truth. He shook his head. Since then, he had made frequent visits to this part of Paragon City, obviously the Tuatha De Denaan and the Cabal fell into his territory of superheroics but it was more than their mystical origins, it was their nature as shadows of yore, the stuff of nightmares and twisted children's fables.

Pilgrim peered down over the ledge, the streets and forests were shrouded in fog. It was always this way but Pilgrim's eyes watched for signs of movement in the mist. He was waiting for them to slip up, which they would. They knew he was here. He could practically feel the tension below him as they gazed up, unmoving lest they draw his attention. It made Pilgrim smile and swell with pride, that which children and the common man feared each night in bed, feared him.

Pandora arrived in Croatoa with a woosh of air and ink. She stumbled a bit as she became flesh and blood again and, out of habit, she smoothed down her hair and clothes.

A faint chuckle came from her book hovering in front of her, and she blushed.

"Oh hush," she muttered, snapping the book shut. The silver chains wrapped around it and locked it again. "You're a book. You don't have appearances to worry about."

Now, to find Pilgrim.

She glanced around. If she had done the spell right, she should have arrived somewhere near his location. Of course, the fog in this damned placed wasn't helping. She could feel chaos flowing through it, electrifying her skin and sending her tattoos into a frenzy.

Humming random notes, she began walking down the street. Staying in one place was going to get her nowhere. Also, if she did run into trouble, she had some excess energy she wanted to burn off.

As she walked, the fog got thicker and thicker. It might be a trick of the ear, but it sounds like someone is walking in step with her. The buildings grow smaller and more far apart as trees begin to appear in the fog, the park.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back