Other mxm book- Anyone got ideas?

Necator67

Outcast
I am planning on righting a mxm book. if anyone has ideas, or wants to help please hmu. I have some ideas of my own but Its fun to have someone to discuss this stuff with lol

Oh boy, I have a story about that one. I have published a few books when i was younger (we don't talk about them bc they're shit and I'm ashamed of them), and now am aiming to renew this job if possible. A friend said I write some good erotica, and so asked if I could make a gay erotica book. Which is a fair thing in my book (no pun intended), so I started outlining it, and actually took some inspiration from a roleplay.

But it was quite hard for me too. I don't really do PWP stuff, and my experience in erotica is just one book that was absolutely disgusting, borderline abuse, and I hated it. I needed a plot. So I've decided to try romance instead with a few sex scenes in it. I mean, erotica is pretty much the same thing, right? And I was never good at romance, so I thought this is going to be some good practice.

HOWEVER, as I said, I'm not good at romances. I find them... boring, to say the least? Writing something I'm not good at discourages me immensely. And I couldn't kick it the way I wanted, not to mention the awkward unfamiliarity I felt. But what AM I good at? - mystery fiction. So, therefore, I ended up writing detective story with the main character that is being wooed by a guy.

Towards your question, however, I am not sure you're approaching it the right way. You have to write a book in which some characters just happen to be gay/bi. Not write a gay/bi book. Because gay people aren't some aliens from another planet with different mindset and culture. They're just people who have romantic and sexual preferences. Like, I like larger women, but I am not shoved - neither would like to be - into a separate tagged box because of this. Try to come up with a story first, and then add sexuality to the main characters, else you might write something that's going to be too in-your-face, sort of a manifesto more than a book if that makes any sense (unless you want to write a manifesto - there's nothing wrong with that, my assumption, however, is that you do not). For a book plot>characters.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back