• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern [MxF] Learning to Fly

JepM4sta

Magic Eight Ball
"What am I doing? Seriously, what the Hell am I even doing?" Dr. Sean Richards muttered to himself as he put the finishing touches onto the online ad, he was about to post to Facebook. Sean had spent years working as a licensed hypnotherapist and hypnotist, but because of his off preoccupation with something which admittedly was odd, he couldn't find the sort of support that a man of his considerable stature in the industry would ordinarily have. Thus he was having to advertise on Facebook for test subjects rather than the usual way to find clinical trials.

That is because Sean, since childhood, had held a deep fascination with human flight. Ever since seeing Peter Pan as a child, he had long dreamed of being able to fly...and after years of researching the deeper processes of the human brain, he truly believed that through hypnosis he could achieve it in a person. The problem was, his preoccupation had made him something of a laughingstock, and he knew it.

Still, he soldiered on, working privately on his obsession...and now, he truly believed he had reached the secret to this most basic of human dreams. "And then...everyone will respect me" he thought to himself as he dusted off the Facebook ad, which he read, out loud to himself:

"Wanted, willing volunteers for a clinical trial on the effects of deep hypnosis. Volunteers will be compensated for their time and travel." He reluctantly hit "send" and waited to see if he got a phone call...not knowing just how momentous a day was about to dawn.

Zen sighed to herself, scrolling through Facebook for a new job offer was not what she wanted to be doing at a time like this. He dyed hair was beginning to fade at the roots and her tiny hut of an apartment was continuing to fall apart.

Zenara needed some money. Her last job had fired her and by god she would take any chance she could get at this point. Her chocolate skin and sharp green eyes were a sign she had seen harder times, poor living since birth.

But as she scrolled she didn’t want to give up. Then an ad popped up, recent, almost too new. She read it over. Hypnosis? Zen had never been into that type of thing but she read on. Compensation.. damn I could use that. She thought and against her better judgement, she replied to the ad.

Hey, still looking for volunteers?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back