• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Mutant Apocalypse Characters

care to tell me how? I'd be interested to know how i can edit it. I do believe I followed the qualifications however.. I'll extend the personality and history tomorrow. Or I'm going to realise this probably isn't worth it.

Either way, **** it.
Quality and quantity.

The whole experiment thing with the mutants is being taken care of by another rper, myself and Shadowz.

Also you posted in the IC without permission and in the Extra Thread.

True. Honestly, It's three where I am (Australian times) And I think my quality is sorely lacking. Also due to the age difference (not using it as a crutch) I genuinely don't have as decent english comprehension and as such my quality is a little dodgi'a. I'll see what I can do tomorrow -rather then cluttering up the in character chat I'll post it to you to see if it's acceptable.

Dr. Claire Hale

- BASICS

Allignment: humans
Position: Lead Scientist/Director of Omnicron Laboratories
Appearance: *below
Hair color: brown
Eye color: amber
- PERSONALITY & BIO

PERSONALITY

Intelligent and dauntless, Dr. Hale is a pioneer when it comes to the frontier of science. She has never took no for an answer or been afraid of what needs to be done, and is not going to start anytime soon. To Hale, it is breaking through such barriers of 'can' and 'cannot' where science is truly at home. Now that the mutant problem has become so prevalent in the past years, it is all the more important that she continue to do so. It would be easy to think that by conducting research on mutants, Hale's cause is noble... from a human's point of view. In the past she has even been praised as a key player in humanity's advancement, but her true motives for what she does remains obscure. Is it for the thrill of discovery, a morbid fascination in the workings of living things, or something else? Maybe a combination of all three.

To the scientists who work with the doctor, she seems normal enough - give or take a few quirks. Subjects are just subjects, nothing more than that. Everything she does below the labs is her real job, and she treats it just so. They are not really mutants anymore, just pieces of a puzzle she is slowly piecing together. This objective point of view could be assumed to be a means of separating herself from it all, shielding herself from feeling like she is responsible. However, the longer you get to know the Doctor, the more you think she is genuinely unbothered by her experiments. You might even go so far as to say she enjoys them.

HISTORY

For as long as she can remember, Hale has always been fond of science and in the acute working of the world around her. As a little girl, curiosity was what defined her, a voracious hunger that seemed to never be sated. No science related book within her elementary school's library was safe from her gaze, and by the time she graduated into secondary school she could run mental rings around her peers when it came to the field of science. In particular, biology.

It was an exciting day when she bought her first dissection kit at the age of 12, a memory only topped by the first time she sliced open the carcass of a frog. Back then her hands were so shaky from the thrill of it all that she could scarcely make a proper incision. What began with small amphibians soon transitioned to birds, then rodents, then to larger mammals such as raccoons, cats, and dogs. As the specimens grew in size, so too did they become more and more difficult to come by. Naturally, Hale found a way to bypass this problem and received her very first job as an assistant for a taxidermy shop where she spent her time gutting and cleaning carcasses while at the same time earning a steady income.

Now that she had money, Hale was empowered to supplement her scientific hobbies. Among other things, Hale purchased subjects pets (primarily rodents), often setting up experiments to test their intelligence or special senses. She took great joy from testing her subjects, and won multiple science fairs with them.

During her High School years, Hale was discovered by a representative of The University of Oxford and was offered a full scholarship to attend their school. She accepted their offer, and after graduating top of her class in High School, moved from her hometown of York, to Oxford. After earning her PhD there, she found a position at a genetic research center in London. It was here that Dr. Hale was awarded a Nobel Prize in Biology for her contributions to the human genome, but unfortunately the research center was too constraining for Hale's tastes and after a moral civil war between scientists, Hale split off to create her own research company...

scientist_girl_by_mashi2311-db2hzlt.jpg

- OMNICRON LABORATORIES

After Hale left the research center in London, she founded Omnicron Laboratories... along with the help of a few anonymous sponsors. Around the same time, mutants began appearing in the world, particularly New York. This spike in mutant activity was what prompted Hale to relocate Omnicron's HQ to New York, where she directed her research in genetic engineering to focus entirely on mutants. Since then, Omnicron has developed into one of the leading research companies in the world, with Dr. Hale as one of the few experts on mutant biology. After seeing the company's potential, the US government decided to fund Omnicron's research some years ago. With the White House's aid combined with off-shore sponsors the company flourished, not only meeting expectations, but going far beyond. Many significant findings were made, though none would ever be publicized.

Outside of government officials, little is known about Omnicron. Even the government doesn't fully understand what happens behind those pristine walls. The lab itself is located within the mountains, accessible only by aircraft, with the grounds surrounding it being restricted to the public and monitored by Omnicron Security. When there is a rare visitor to the facility -- always a higher member of the government -- they seldom stray anywhere other than the first few floors and are always accompanied. This is due to the fact that only the scientists know of these lower levels, and with very good reason.

- EXTRA INFO

(Logo)
icon175x175.png

NOTABLE MEMBERS
Dr. Hale - Lead Scientist/CEO

NOTABLE PROJECTS
- mutant genome mapping
- mutant-human comparative testing
- research of contageous mutant DNA fragments
- development of the Mutagen Serum
- development of the Anti-Mutagen Serum (recent)

Dr. Claire Hale

- BASICS

Allignment: humans
Position: Lead Scientist/Director of Omnicron Laboratories
Appearance: *below
Hair color: brown
Eye color: amber
- PERSONALITY & BIO

PERSONALITY

Intelligent and dauntless, Dr. Hale is a pioneer when it comes to the frontier of science. She has never took no for an answer or been afraid of what needs to be done, and is not going to start anytime soon. To Hale, it is breaking through such barriers of 'can' and 'cannot' where science is truly at home. Now that the mutant problem has become so prevalent in the past years, it is all the more important that she continue to do so. It would be easy to think that by conducting research on mutants, Hale's cause is noble... from a human's point of view. In the past she has even been praised as a key player in humanity's advancement, but her true motives for what she does remains obscure. Is it for the thrill of discovery, a morbid fascination in the workings of living things, or something else? Maybe a combination of all three.

To the scientists who work with the doctor, she seems normal enough - give or take a few quirks. Subjects are just subjects, nothing more than that. Everything she does below the labs is her real job, and she treats it just so. They are not really mutants anymore, just pieces of a puzzle she is slowly piecing together. This objective point of view could be assumed to be a means of separating herself from it all, shielding herself from feeling like she is responsible. However, the longer you get to know the Doctor, the more you think she is genuinely unbothered by her experiments. You might even go so far as to say she enjoys them.

HISTORY

For as long as she can remember, Hale has always been fond of science and in the acute working of the world around her. As a little girl, curiosity was what defined her, a voracious hunger that seemed to never be sated. No science related book within her elementary school's library was safe from her gaze, and by the time she graduated into secondary school she could run mental rings around her peers when it came to the field of science. In particular, biology.

It was an exciting day when she bought her first dissection kit at the age of 12, a memory only topped by the first time she sliced open the carcass of a frog. Back then her hands were so shaky from the thrill of it all that she could scarcely make a proper incision. What began with small amphibians soon transitioned to birds, then rodents, then to larger mammals such as raccoons, cats, and dogs. As the specimens grew in size, so too did they become more and more difficult to come by. Naturally, Hale found a way to bypass this problem and received her very first job as an assistant for a taxidermy shop where she spent her time gutting and cleaning carcasses while at the same time earning a steady income.

Now that she had money, Hale was empowered to supplement her scientific hobbies. Among other things, Hale purchased subjects pets (primarily rodents), often setting up experiments to test their intelligence or special senses. She took great joy from testing her subjects, and won multiple science fairs with them.

During her High School years, Hale was discovered by a representative of The University of Oxford and was offered a full scholarship to attend their school. She accepted their offer, and after graduating top of her class in High School, moved from her hometown of York, to Oxford. After earning her PhD there, she found a position at a genetic research center in London. It was here that Dr. Hale was awarded a Nobel Prize in Biology for her contributions to the human genome, but unfortunately the research center was too constraining for Hale's tastes and after a moral civil war between scientists, Hale split off to create her own research company...

scientist_girl_by_mashi2311-db2hzlt.jpg

- OMNICRON LABORATORIES

After Hale left the research center in London, she founded Omnicron Laboratories... along with the help of a few anonymous sponsors. Around the same time, mutants began appearing in the world, particularly New York. This spike in mutant activity was what prompted Hale to relocate Omnicron's HQ to New York, where she directed her research in genetic engineering to focus entirely on mutants. Since then, Omnicron has developed into one of the leading research companies in the world, with Dr. Hale as one of the few experts on mutant biology. After seeing the company's potential, the US government decided to fund Omnicron's research some years ago. With the White House's aid combined with off-shore sponsors the company flourished, not only meeting expectations, but going far beyond. Many significant findings were made, though none would ever be publicized.

Outside of government officials, little is known about Omnicron. Even the government doesn't fully understand what happens behind those pristine walls. The lab itself is located within the mountains, accessible only by aircraft, with the grounds surrounding it being restricted to the public and monitored by Omnicron Security. When there is a rare visitor to the facility -- always a higher member of the government -- they seldom stray anywhere other than the first few floors and are always accompanied. This is due to the fact that only the scientists know of these lower levels, and with very good reason.

- EXTRA INFO

(Logo)
icon175x175.png

NOTABLE MEMBERS
Dr. Hale - Lead Scientist/CEO

NOTABLE PROJECTS
- mutant genome mapping
- mutant-human comparative testing
- research of contageous mutant DNA fragments
- development of the Mutagen Serum
- development of the Anti-Mutagen Serum (recent)

Approved! (^_^)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back