• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Musicians 1x1 RP Search

Inquieta

Always Tired
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Hi all! You might have seen me popping up around on this site from time to time. I go through phases of checking RP Nation and then disappearing for a bit if RPs on here fizzle out. But I'm always around on Discord to chat and RP!

To anyone I've written with in the past that would like to start anew or continue: feel free to drop me a message! I'd love to hear from you all again!

I hope this thread makes sense. It might be a little chaotic as it's extremely hot weather for me today, so I'm struggling to keep my thoughts straight, haha!

Anyway, getting to it.

I'm really in the mood to write something involving musicians. I have a few ideas, but I'm willing to come up with something else with you if you have something in mind!

A little about me:
  • I'm Inquieta, Inq, or Nic. I'm happy to be called any of those three, so take your pick!
  • I'm 26 years old.
  • I'm from the East of England (so timezone GMT/BST).
  • I go by they/them pronouns.
  • I'd prefer to write with people over eighteen for comfort.
  • I write any gender character and any gender pairing for romantic relationships, though I greatly prefer writing male characters.
  • All of my characters are 18+.
  • I write third person, and I habitually switch between past and present tense though I'm working on this!
  • I'd consider myself literate, but I will write anywhere from a paragraph to three pages in response - depending on what I have to work with! I'll never reply with one-liners!
  • Very happy to chat out of character alongside the roleplay - actually, I prefer it! If this isn't something you'd like, just let me know, and I'll keep the conversation solely about the roleplay.
  • Happy to write on either RP Nation, Discord, or Google Docs!

Potential ideas:

Bonus points if any of these are characters in a rock/metal band, as that's my genre of music!

1. On their first national tour, a small-town band supporting another, more popular, well-known band. The crowds and venues are bigger than they're used to, the backstage parties are insane, and they find their following growing exponentially. How do they cope with their newfound popularity, especially when they become more sought after than the band they are supposed to be supporting? It could involve rivals - the main band's members who took the small-town band under their wing and taught them a number of things about tour life and making music, perhaps a few of the members becoming really close (or even romantically involved) before the popularity growth forces a wedge between these relationships.

2. Some students form a band while in college but find that the band takes off in their local town, and they have less and less time to keep up with their studies. Will they drop out of their classes to focus on music, or will they try and manage both aspects of their life? Especially interesting if some members of the band are the 'nerdy' and 'uncool' people in the college, and then when their music takes off, they suddenly become more popular in their college, and their previous bullies are now kissing up to them, etc.

3. An established band, completing their first world tour as headliners. Two musicians are known to get close - real close - to each other on stage, even occasionally sharing the odd kiss. This sparks 'shipping' rumours, many online fanfictions and obsessed fans. One of the two musicians sees it as a gimmick to drive the crowds wild, while the other finds themself falling for their bandmate. What will happen? Will something official come of this? Or will it drive the band apart?

4. After completing their latest tour, one of the band's musicians decides to move to a smaller town where they can hopefully live under the radar of their fans. However, they get coffee one morning and find themselves talking to the local barista, who doesn't recognise them at first. The musician finds themselves getting coffee from the same place each day and strikes up a friendly relationship with the barista, who finds them oddly familiar but can't place where they recognise them from. After a while, the musician asks the barista out on a date, and they become official after a few months of dating. But will it put a strain on their relationship when the musician has to go back on the road again? Will the barista join them on their travels worldwide or will they decide to stay in a small town they've never left before?

5. [TW: drugs/alcohol/mental health issues.]
    A wannabe musician decides to take the plunge one last time and calls up their friends to start a band, figuring that it would either be that or they'd let their depression consume them. When the band takes off in popularity, that same musician finds that they cannot take to the stage without a drink or something else beforehand to cope with the nerves. As time progresses and the band gets semi-famous, the musician's drinking and drug use gets worse and worse until it starts affecting their performances and relationships with people. Can their bandmates help them through this, or will they split and leave their hopes and dreams in the dust?

6. Also wouldn't be opposed to throwing some supernatural themes into the mix. Think 'a musician that made a deal with the devil to achieve fame and the consequences that come with that' and/or other ideas if you have any! I'll admit that American Satan/Paradise City heavily inspires me with this idea.

I think that's all for now. If you have any questions or are interested, feel free to drop me a message! I hope to hear from some of you soon! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back