• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Music To Drive My Soul

A small nod, "O-of course..." Was she free to sit here with him? If so... what should she do about the organization they were working on? Do it after dinner? She could finish it, but she'd be out of it tomorrow... a wince in her head, but she lay down as well, letting the shade cover her. The light filtered through the leaves, and suddenly it hit her... "Warm breezes/ Shadows an light/ the dance of hope/ forgotten dreams return. Could I one day/ Reach that light/ so far away from my sight?" So far it had been toneless, but she'd found a rhythm, and one could tell she was about to add a melody to it... though she'd stop if told to do so.

Kyoden smiled as the girl started singing, enjoying the soft melody that seemed to float out of her. In his head, he compared it to a slow stream,

flowing along slowly without interruption. He quietly listened, picking up on her tone and rhythm and attempting to follow along in his head. He didn't mind this at all; no, not one bit. It only enhanced the small feeling of freedom that they could claim at the moment. He was suddenly stung with the pang of wanting to go outside again, to see faces his didn't recognize and places he'd never seen before. He quickly rid himself of the thought. There was no way that could ever happen. Instead, he refocused himself to her singing, slowly starting to fall asleep.

She felt the song take shape in her heart, and let it out...

"Daydreams, Songbirds,

A world full of hope

As light an shadow dance.

Forgotten dreams dance at the edges"

"Sorrow long forgotten,

A pain that is held within,

Someone's cry for help...

Would I be able to answer these?

"It is a simple dream,

One long left in the shadows,

But this dancing light,

Brings hope to the forefront.

"Please, I pray,

Whomever is listening,

Let there be hope

For the future.

"Kindness spreads,

Brought by the wind,

And an unknown feeling

Spreads within" Why did she feel warm all of a sudden? And on the inside, no less.

"Warm breezes,

Sunlight an shadow,

Forgotten dreams return

And I begin to reach for

That light so far away." Her voice trailed off now, arm lowering as she did, letting the peaceful melody die. It was... a good song, but she felt like something was missing.

By the time she was finished with her song, he was barely awake. While his eyes were closed, he was still clinging onto consciousness just barely.

They would most likely have to head inside soon, seeing as others would start to get curious. No, they weren't doing anything against the rules, but it was better not to make people worry. Nonetheless, he kept himself awake by listening for her movements. Maybe she'd sing another song; either way, she was incredibly relaxed at the moment and didn't care to go inside at all.

A calm look in her eyes she looked down at the professor. He looked to be at exactly the stage right before one fell asleep. She could get him to take a nap, she guessed, but that might not be the right choice... so instead she just lay next to him, stretching her arms slightly. It was nice to rest, for once. Instead of just reading, writing, or helping with the experiments... or being in one. It surprised her that she hadn't been put in one yet today, but... that wasn't always a bad thing.

((I could introduce the conflict now, if you wanted. Not have them go fight, but the setup for the enemies.))

{{If your squeamish about bugs or bees... I suggest you don't read too far down

xD I let myself go crazy with this thing.}}

After another minute or two of fruitlessly hanging onto consciousness, Kyoden completely drifted off into the sweet

realm of slumber. At first, every thing was a swallowing black that filled his lungs and clouded his vision. Nothing disrupted the constant shade that enveloped his internal consciousness. Slowly, however, images began to form. Sparks flew around, some landing on him and echoing the pain of burning throughout his skin. Each time, he would frantically shake the afflicted body part to free himself of the scorching feeling; it was, however, to no avail. He was slowly covered with the embers of the tiny explosions, a warmth filling his body as he eventually sunk to the floor. When he lay down, however, he heard crackling; as if he was stepping on some sort of bug. He immediately sat up, and to his horror, something other than hot embers were covering his skin. Bees. Bees everywhere. Where he had layed down they were squished, clinging to his flesh through the stingers that were attached to their abdomens. He repressed a scream, his throat tightening to the point where he could no longer breath. Bees. Air. Pain. The three words swam throughout his mind, repeating themselves over and over again.

That is, until he woke up. His eyes ripped open as each muscle tensed itself, locked in position while his brain

attempted to sort the torturous images he had just witnessed from his current reality. After a couple seconds, he finally could breath and he slowly in took a shaky breath, hands gently rubbing up his arms to check for bees. Internally, he was now scowling at himself. What a silly thing to be afraid of, he told himself, trying to stay as quiet and still as possible lest he notify Saphire of his current dilemma.

{{Sure, you can o3o Sorry it took so long for me to post}}

Users who are viewing this thread

Back