• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Murder 101 (an assassin game)

Sombra Arcana

Wandering Vault Hunter
I am trying to start the very first assassin game on this site. I need 10-20 players to play ths and will end in about a week or so! I need active people everyday! Who's interesting in forming part of the very first assassin game here!

If you're curious about what an assassin game is post here so I can explain.

Also just say "count me in" or similar if you want to be part of the game :) !

So, I decided to put some guideline on what an assassin game is like:

AG Basics

*recommended for new players

What is an Assassin Game (AG)?

- It is a game, in which a General Manager (GM or sometimes called "Host") creates a series of roles for players to step into and complete a goal. This is a very basic, bare-bones definition of the game.

Ok, thats cool. Now, mind being a bit more helpful?

- Sure, generally an AG involves two sides: The Assassins and the villagers. The Assassins are a small group of players who typically have a goal of killing the villagers. The villagers are a group of large players who typically have a goal of killing off the Assassins. Since no one knows who is who for sure, they have to try their best to figure it out with a combination of logic and abilities. Now, I can tell you in my game if the number of players reach a decent amount, there will be extra factions with goals unknown to you - So not everything will be black and white.

Anyway, for this game and most other games, we will be using a day system. This means that players have 24 hours, from the start of the in-game "day", to do whatever they want to for the entire day, then I will create a neat little post to tell you all about it.

So, where does this all happen? I don't think I can shout at my computer screen to talk to the other people… or can I?

- Sorry, but I won't be that easy. Plus, if you shout at them, they will shout back. Anyway, we will have this thread called the Discussion thread where players can talk about anything related to the game. From suspicious people (DON'T ACCEPT FREE CANDY FROM STRANGERS) to the events of the following day. The Discussion thread is also where I will post any information I have to give you, like updates and the Daily Post (that I mentioned before). Plus, as you will read later on, I use a system that only lets you use your special abilities if you post a certain amount each day, so I recommend checking this thread out and posting, cause it will make both you and me happy!

Ah, I think I'm getting it now. But I heard people yelling about this thing called a lynch. Whats up with that?

- Don't mind them, they are just upset that you awesome new people get to talk with me and they don't. Anyway, that lynch thing is kind of a big deal! Each day, you can lynch a player by voting for them. You can see my lynching rules later on, but for now thats all you really need to know.

Sweet, anything else I should know?

- Well, I recommend reading the rest of my rules and asking me any questions you have about them, so I can inform you before the game starts - but always feel free to ask me questions during the course of the game. If I can't answer you, I'll just tell you that - no harm in asking. I will recommend you ask me questions via Private Messaging, so I can see your question right away.

- Turn on Private Messaging. I can't give you a role if you don't have it on. If I can't send you a role when the game starts, its a pain for both you and me!

- Information is a big deal in these games. Don't just go running around telling every stranger everything about your role - They could be your enemy!

- Make sure you are active. Not only does becoming inactive really hurt your chances to win the game, active players dislike inactive players and might even go out of their way to kill you for being inactive! Being active doesn't require much, just post a few times in the discussion thread, vote, and use your abilities.

- Its a game. Enjoy yourself and try your best.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back