• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Murder 101 AG (Assassin Game) - OOC

Should we start right away?

• YES!!!!!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • um...no. Let's wait for the quota

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Sombra Arcana

Wandering Vault Hunter
AG Basics

*recommended for new players

What is an Assassin Game (AG)?

- It is a game, in which a General Manager (GM or sometimes called "Host") creates a series of roles for players to step into and complete a goal. This is a very basic, bare-bones definition of the game.

Ok, thats cool. Now, mind being a bit more helpful?

- Sure, generally an AG involves two sides: The Assassins and the villagers. The Assassins are a small group of players who typically have a goal of killing the villagers. The villagers are a group of large players who typically have a goal of killing off the Assassins. Since no one knows who is who for sure, they have to try their best to figure it out with a combination of logic and abilities. Now, I can tell you in my game if the number of players reach a decent amount, there will be extra factions with goals unknown to you - So not everything will be black and white.

Anyway, for this game and most other games, we will be using a day system. This means that players have 24 hours, from the start of the in-game "day", to do whatever they want to for the entire day, then I will create a neat little post to tell you all about it.

So, where does this all happen? I don't think I can shout at my computer screen to talk to the other people… or can I?

- Sorry, but I won't be that easy. Plus, if you shout at them, they will shout back. Anyway, we will have this thread called the Discussion thread where players can talk about anything related to the game. From suspicious people (DON'T ACCEPT FREE CANDY FROM STRANGERS) to the events of the following day. The Discussion thread is also where I will post any information I have to give you, like updates and the Daily Post (that I mentioned before). Plus, as you will read later on, I use a system that only lets you use your special abilities if you post a certain amount each day, so I recommend checking this thread out and posting, cause it will make both you and me happy!

Ah, I think I'm getting it now. But I heard people yelling about this thing called a lynch. Whats up with that?

- Don't mind them, they are just upset that you awesome new people get to talk with me and they don't. Anyway, that lynch thing is kind of a big deal! Each day, you can lynch a player by voting for them. You can see my lynching rules later on, but for now thats all you really need to know.

Sweet, anything else I should know?

- Well, I recommend reading the rest of my rules and asking me any questions you have about them, so I can inform you before the game starts - but always feel free to ask me questions during the course of the game. If I can't answer you, I'll just tell you that - no harm in asking. I will recommend you ask me questions via Private Messaging, so I can see your question right away.

- Turn on Private Messaging. I can't give you a role if you don't have it on. If I can't send you a role when the game starts, its a pain for both you and me!

- Information is a big deal in these games. Don't just go running around telling every stranger everything about your role - They could be your enemy!

- Make sure you are active. Not only does becoming inactive really hurt your chances to win the game, active players dislike inactive players and might even go out of their way to kill you for being inactive! Being active doesn't require much, just post a few times in the discussion thread, vote, and use your abilities.

- Its a game. Enjoy yourself and try your best.

Rules

1. Adhere to RPN Rules

2. This is a PM game so communication outside the DT is allowed.

3. Beware of lies.

4. Keep spam to minimum.

5. The dead do not talk.

6. There is no posting requirement.

7. Everyone is required to vote everyday.

8. Typeshots and screenshots of rolesheets are not allowed.

9. I can change several rules if the setting asks for it.

10. GM's word is law.

Factions/Goals

Civilians

Bystanders

- Eliminate the Murderer

Neutrals

Bounty Hunters

- Survive until game end

Assassins

Murderer

- Eliminate all Bystanders
Map Layout

http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs70/f/20...le-d6kiovt.png

Murder 101

System Mechanics

1. There is only ever one Murderer at any given time.

2. Bystanders will need to go around the map searching for gun parts.

3. Collect 2 gun parts to assemble a gun and become an Armed Bystander.

4. There can only be two Armed Bystanders at any given time.

5. The Murderer can collect gun parts, but cannot assemble a gun.

6. If an Armed Bystander shoots another Bystander, he loses the gun.

7. The disarmed Bystander cannot pick up the gun until 2 days have passed.

8. During this time, another Bystander may pick up the gun for themselves.

9. If you read this, then put "#TheMossyWang" somewhere in your post.

10. You can only move 1 space per day.

11. Actions > Movements > Lynch

PM Protocols

Murder AG Ability - For ability use

Murder AG Movement - For movement use

Murder AG Ability/Movement - To save yourself from sending 2 PMs

Murder AG Question - For AG related questions

Note:

- You cannot change your attack target nor movement location so choose wisely.

- Also please include your rolesheet in your Murder AG Ability/Movement PM.

Day Posts

See Main Thread: Modern - Murder 101 AG (Assassin Game)

Last edited by a moderator:
Interested. So it's like Town of Salem, but with only two roles? Cool, count me in!

So, I'm a tad confused on how this works still. If we can see the map, and know where everyone is, than once someone dies can't we just say that anyone in the room with them is basically the murderer?

Assailant said:
So, I'm a tad confused on how this works still. If we can see the map, and know where everyone is, than once someone dies can't we just say that anyone in the room with them is basically the murderer?
Not really. What makdes this fun is that the murderer has to be in the room to kill, but can get out of there if he gets an ability...so...let's see how this turns out!

The map is just for looking for weapons or weapon parts to defend yourselves or get special secret skills!

Also, remember there can only be one murderer at a given time, but that doesn't mean there will be only one murderer throughout the game!

[QUOTE="Sombra Arcana]Not really. What makdes this fun is that the murderer has to be in the room to kill, but can get out of there if he gets an ability...so...let's see how this turns out!
The map is just for looking for weapons or weapon parts to defend yourselves or get special secret skills!

Also, remember there can only be one murderer at a given time, but that doesn't mean there will be only one murderer throughout the game!

[/QUOTE]
Okay.

What abilities are available?

Roles had been finally assigned completely. It's up to you guys to survive and win the game!

I am expecting you to discuss here also. Don't forget to vote !!

@theManCalledSting @yumiyukifan1 @Assailant

So I guess we have to accuse each other by tomorrow afternoon. Who wants their codename revealed? And who would like to get lynched? Volunteers?

DreamBeat said:
So I guess we have to accuse each other by tomorrow afternoon. Who wants their codename revealed? And who would like to get lynched? Volunteers?
Hahaha! I don't think anyone would volunteer!

Also, I can't seem to view the map.. Oh, and do we vote the codename or our own name? Maybe both?

If so, I suggest we lynch off the inactive..

I agree to vote off the inactive, should we start voting 3 hours before voting ends?

To give them time to be active before then and also there would not be too less voting time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back