• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multi-Genre--Be the Bright Spot in My Week. A few plots!

CastoffCaptain

Obsess. Hunt. Manipulate. Repeat.
All right, guys. I’ve had a really rough couple of weeks, so I’m looking for someone to potentially RP with, or to at least world-build and character-create with for a bit to get my mind off things. If things blossom into something long-term, even better!

At any rate, before you do anything, here’s the RP I’m currently in.

https://www.rpnation.com/threads/blackshot-ghosts-closed.287440/

Please skim/read/enjoy in order to see if you believe we’re capable of being compatible. It’ll perhaps guide us more quickly than me saying, “I like x amount of paragraphs, I write in x manner, etc, etc”.

I manage about a post a day to every other day.

If that interests you, please provide me with a sample of your own writing. I'd appreciate it.

What I’d like to RP:

-Short genre list-

Historical
Time-travel
Ghosts

I can play just one character or multiple supporting characters. I don’t double in the traditional “I don’t want to play a gender, so to make it fair, you have to play two”, but I do generally create a wide variety of supporting characters, sides, NPCs. You don't have to do so if you don't want to-- I'm happy to play a cast around your character.

a3274e5675c7574f59fcf4dd18788bd7.jpg

Plots:

Victorian Ghost Hunters.

Just what it sounds like. It can either be a gentleman’s club that hunts ghosts on a lark and deals with the world of Spiritualism (and yes, there can be room for gals, too), or one of our main characters is conducting a recruitment process for people who have low-grade “gifts” like ESP, dowsing, mediumship, etc in order to hunt down and/or investigate the creepy goings-on in 1890’s London. No steampunk, please.

*If you don't want to play a male, I've got the perfect foil to your dame.

Something Ghostly:

I’ve not got as firm of an idea for a plot with this one. I prefer the ghost to be male, however. Don’t know why, but female ghosts have never, ever appealed to me. Said ghost can be set anywhere in North America or the UK, and maybe parts of Europe (Bulgaria, anyone?), and it’d be fun if said specter was from earlier than the 1960’s. Any deaths welcome. This can be humorous, dramatic, romantic, slight horror, or more perfectly, a blend of all of these.

Time-Travel:

Again, no firm plots, but time-travel by accident or design to these eras would be fun: Victorian England. Anglo-Saxon period. WWI, WWII, Stalinist Russia, Medieval England, Romans in Britain, Romans in Gaul. Or, name a time period and we’ll see if I like it. Just. Not Tudor or Elizabethan, please, unless you have a great plot.

Forbidden love—Catholic Priest and non-Catholic civvie:

I’ve been trying to get something along this line going for a while, and it either never catches anyone’s interest, or it doesn’t quite… work. It is, however, my top choice for RP plot at the moment. It can be set in any time, time-travel or no, maybe with supernatural undertones if it’s in a modern setting.

I have a couple of different plots, but they all center around attraction (whether it's one-sided or not), forbidden themes, romantic subtleties, and struggling against boundaries, norms and mores.

An American woman moves to England either to escape her past or because of something hobby-related (she's writing a book, she's an amateur historian, etc, etc), and she's able to live there for a few months on a VISA. She stumbles across a small apartment in what was once the stables for the rectory of a Catholic church, and meets her future landlord... who she doesn't know is also the priest there. He lives across the path from her in the clergy house, which will make things... interesting in their immediate future.

There's an attraction, perhaps one-sided that leads to both of them being attracted to one another, perhaps it's mutual (it has to be organic, however, which I know can sometimes be difficult), but it leads to obvious difficulties.... especially if he offers her a part-time job in the Church office.

This could also be set in the past at some time pre-1950's as well, just to spice things up. WWII could be very interesting.

The Selfish Bit:

Yep. Here we go. Since I’m doing this to make myself feel better, the first thing I’m going to ask for is that you consider… just consider… playing a faceclaim to me of my choice. You don’t have to, but it’d really make my day. (Please don’t read this as I only play females. Most of my mains have always been males, and I enjoy playing males a lot. Probably a lot more than is healthy for me.) This doesn’t mean I’ll turn down an RP if you don’t.

The first is Matthew MacFadyen. Top choice, can’t help it. He breaks me. So. There you are.

Then perhaps James MacAvoy, Jerome Flynn, George Blagden, or Toby Stephens, but they’re a little more up in the air.

The second please is… if we can work a priest into a plot, that would work for me. I’d really love a priestly forbidden love-story. I know it’s a long-shot, but that’s how it is. It could work in any of the aforementioned plots or genres. Not a must or a deal-breaker.

If you're interested, PM me or post here! Thanks, guys.

Last edited:
I'm interested in the priest storyline. I've done similar themes in the past and really enjoyed it.

I'm interested in the priest storyline. I've done similar themes in the past and really enjoyed it.
Please, by all means PM me! Er, if you haven't already. I've just gotten in to work and had no time to check PMs. I'd love to hear from you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back