• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Mrs. Evans' School for the Gifted

"Finally!" Aleks huffed. It had taken him nearly half an hour to find the cafeteria. After grabbing a hot cup of tea he found an empty seat and began observing the other students. His eyes glowed a soft green colour as he took in the atmosphere. One of his limited gifts was aura reading, and from auras, emotions. In his family he was the worst at aura reading, and couldn't influence emotions like they could. Here though, he was hoping to use whatever he needed to to learn everything about his peers without actually talking to the,. Aleks' eye was caught by the bold greens and blues of Sorren's aura. The faint glow of dark gold would suggest a shifter, but the streaks of pale almost white violet, were common to vampires. "What the hell?" 

Last edited by a moderator:
As she took a seat the boy's foot tapping stopped. A sense of anxiety grew in her; had he wanted to be left alone? But he smiled, quickly diffusing her apprehensions. She returned the small gesture and began picking at her food somewhat timidly. She hated acting this way, but with no one she knew around she felt it was best to just stay invisible. Lila watched as the boy then pulled out a sketch book and began drawing. He was talented, to say the least, but her fear of making a fool of herself kept her from complimenting him. After all, some people were very sensitive about others seeing their art.

@JayEmperor7

Andromeda nodded, raising her eyebrows. "I guess, I just feel like there is a lot more than just good sportsmanship in cheerleading. I mean, I've been here for two years and I can already tell I have some lifelong friends." She shrugged and took another bite. Her interests outside of cheer were a wide array of things from baking to theater, but she was mostly known for having the most school spirit amongst all of the girls on the team. "I'm in choir, I like to think I have a pretty good singing voice. I'm auditioning for the spring musical." She gestured towards a bulletin board near the auditorium where the audition sheet music and forms were almost gone. Andromeda was pretty hopeful about getting a spot in the musical. "I also bake, I'm on the culinary team."

( mentioned: @Bowa )

As Andromeda was answering his question, Sorren noticed someone staring at him out of the corner of his eye and then openly exclaim about something. Sorren became agitated, he didn't know what the guys problem was or if it was even a problem that he had but Sorren preferred people coming up to him if they had something to say. The hybrid stared into the strangers eyes and quickly changed his eyes from their green colour, the kind of green that pushed its way through the piles of gritty snow to remind you that spring was coming, to a bright piercing amber colour that shone like sunlight on polished stone. He did this in the matter of a second just to show that he was watching Aleks and had taken account of his presence.

He returned his attention back to Andromeda and grinned, "You're like an all-in-one model student, I'm sure you're the teachers and your friends appreciate your quintessence". Sorren began to tap his fingers lightly on the table, "Hmm, I'll have to make sure to come see the spring musical if you get a part to hear your voice, I've always been a stickler for a good musical". He enjoyed most kinds of performances of any live music, his enhanced senses enabled him to really hear what the music was composed of and to appreciate a particularly melodic voice. "I'm almost envious, I couldn't be in a musical because I have the singing voice of a cat caterwauling after being stepped on", Sorren let out a soft snicker before continuing, "What are they doing for the spring musical anyway?". 

@Aquaria Wolf @raddish

Andromeda didn't mention it, but she saw Sorren's eyes change. She looked over to Aleks and mentally questioned if the two had some problems with eachother, thinking she was being too nosy. Upon hearing that Sorren would like to come to the musical if she got a part, the sophomore beamed, flicking her hair over her shoulder again and pulling out her own audition form from her bag. "Les Mis, I'm auditioning for Cosette." She said, pointing to the form. "And Fantine, Eponine, and anything they'll give me. You should audition, a lot of the boys in the music department aren't into the whole musical thing. They think it's gay or whatever." She rolled her eyes, laughing and putting her form away. "I hope I get a part, it's been my dream to be in a musical since I was in middle school."

( mentioned: @Bowa @Aquaria Wolf )

Rhea always had trouble in the mornings. She needed to lean far over the sink as she brushed her teeth as to avoid getting water on her legs. Even through clothes the water could cause her extreme pain. She brushed her hair as well, checking her phone momentarily as her second alarm went off. Shit, she thought. It was the day of the game. She was frustrated now, searching through her wardrobe to find her cheer uniform and putting it on quickly. The mermaid had very strong legs as a result of swimming in the ocean for most of her life, so she was a flyer as well. Rhea snaked out of her room and went down to the commons area to grab a bite to eat for breakfast, scanning the crowd and noticing a girl with black hair sitting alone.

Rhea moved to that table with haste, setting her bag down and putting her hands on her hips. "Is this seat taken?"

( mentioned: @TheCandyEmo )

Rhea sat down and opened her milk carton, shrugging. "I'm fine, I just didn't want to eat my breakfast alone." She said as she sipped her milk through a straw. The cheer team was required to wear game makeup to school, and if she were to drink like a normal person, every single thing her lips touched would have matte black lipstick on it. Plus, Rhea felt safer drinking from water bottles or straws. "Lilith, right? I'm Rhea." The blonde didn't look at her as she spoke, she was too invested in pulling the crust off of her peanut butter and jelly sandwich. The demigod was picky, if there was any piece of crust left on her sandwich she would complain about it for the rest of her day as opposed to peeling it off.

( mentioned: @TheCandyEmo )

Aleks raised an eyebrow quizzically and sipped his tea. The flash of green in Sorren's eyes was interesting, Aleks had to admit, but it didn't help him with the enigma of his aura. Was his reading really that bad? He considered walking over to Sorren and asking him about his heritage, but it seemed such a bother and Aleks was having so much more fun reading Sorren's emotions. "Let's try something new. . ."He murmured and lay his hand, palm side up, on the table. "hudol glwys." Aleks whispered. Wisps of gold danced on his hand before forming a small glittery gold horse. It tossed it's head mutely before galloping around the table. Aleks smiled to himself, his Welsh was rusty but he had enough to do little amusing tricks like this. "Go on now." The phantom horse leapt off of the table and began to elegantly trot in circles. 

@Bowa

"You don't know the half of it." Rhea laughed. "Coach actually keeps a giant case full of makeup and makeup wipes for pre-game touch ups. She's lucky I love wearing it." She said, shamefully digging in her bag for her compact mirror. To say Rhea was obsessed with her appearance would be like saying her legacy is a wave pool in a midwestern waterpark, it's obvious. She quickly pushed her false eyelashes up to make them look plumper before closing the mirror and smiling at Lilith. "Are you gonna be there? There's apparently some sort of firework display happening during halftime and I get to be thrown into the air with that Andromeda girl."

( mentioned: @TheCandyEmo )

latest

Azalea Silver

Azalea entered the cafeteria in sleek movements, a flock of girls surrounding her. They were kissing ass, but she didn't mind. She could read each thought in there small, bird-brained heads. Azalea sighed boredly at the excitement of the students, so many thoughts swarmed her mind and she flinched. It made it difficult to hone in on certain people's thoughts. The only reason Azalea bothered coming to school was for her own amusement, diving into others heads. Azalea led the girls to an empty table and she sat, the girls following. Azalea lazily looked around, her dark eyes cold, a lazy smile curving up the corners of her lips while the girls excitedly chatted, one rose her voice exceptionally loud and one icy stare from Azalea made her snap her mouth shut. Azalea but into a red apple, continuing to ignore the girls while her cold eyes took in the scenery of the room. 

Interaction: None (Open)

The hybrid scrunched his face in confusion at Aleks' conjuration, "What the-" he mouthed unconsciously and then resolved to not heed Aleks anymore, Sorren assumed he didn't want to interact with him but was curious about what exactly he was.

He returned his gaze to the siren in front of him and shook his head while waved his hands in front of him like he was trying to repel Andromeda's suggestion, "No, no, I can't audition. I mean unless you want to become deaf that is. I have no musical talent at all". Truthfully, Sorren wasn't terrible at singing (certainly not the best though) but he sometimes began to howl when hitting particularly high notes which was something he struggled controlling and not to mention beyond embarrassing. Sorren couldn't help but emit a small snarl at the description of something as gay, he hated it when small-minded people used such things as insults. "I'm glad you don't share that thought, I love musicals and I'd like to see someone come and call them 'gay' to my-", Sorren stopped himself mid-sentence to make sure he didn't start ranting to Andromeda, he cleared his throat and brushed some imaginary dust off of his shoulder. "Anyway, I hope you get a part too, partly to show the boys what they are missing", he smirked before continuing, "You know I was Oliver in Oliver Twist when I was younger and I've seen Joseph and Cats among other musicals, have you got any favourites?" Sorren could talk at length about things he was passionate about but didn't want to overwhelm her so kept it light.

He observed another student waltz into the cafeteria, he looked her up and down before noticing the horde of excited girls who looked like lost puppies lapping at her feet, "Urgh", he grunted before commenting to himself, "How could she tolerate that..." Sorren couldn't tolerate anyone who even mildly got on his nerves so he gave a mental kudos to her but resolved to avoid her if she was going to have an agitating posse with her constantly.

@Aquaria Wolf @raddish @DarknessSpirit

Rhea racked her brain for an honest but good reply. For her, games were hell because if the students aren't watching the actual game, they're watching the cheerleaders. The demigod focused on the good things for a while, dating back to elementary when she would come to football games to see her older friends play in the band. "It's fun, especially if you're there with friends. You don't even have to watch the game or pay attention to anything to have a good time. I think you'd like it, plus, there's nothing like homecoming at Mrs. Evans'." Rhea said with pride, resting her head on her hand cheerfully. "Though, I totally understand if sports aren't your thing."

He loved musicals. Sorren loved musicals. Andromeda nearly jumped out of her seat when he asked about her favorite musicals and she thought for a good thirty seconds about what her favorites were. "Do you know Hamilton? That's my top favorite right now, but I'm a sucker for Newsies, In The Heights, Kinky Boots, and Rent." She could ramble all day, she had no shame in her love for musical theater. Hell, it took her two run-throughs of the Hamilton soundtrack for her to memorize every note, harmony, and rhythm of the musical. After a while of rambling, Andromeda also noticed the brunette flocked by freshmen. Or, she assumed they were freshmen. "If I had that many people following me I would probably lose my freaking mind." She said, laughing but waving to the girl.

( mentioned: @Bowa @DarknessSpirit )

Rhea was not phased by her shift, she pitied her for not having control over it. She felt compelled to explain herself now because until she brought it up, nobody assumed anything about her. If they were to assume something, it was that Rhea was an Augustine Vampire, mainly because she has no last name. "Is it painful to shift?" Rhea asked on impulse. For her, she felt every single part of her shift. It felt like someone was burning her skin and fusing her legs together when her tail formed, it felt even worse when they came apart. "I know that some werewolves experience pain when shifting, and me. That's why I avoid anyone on the swim team." She joked. She liked this form of Lilith, it was mysterious, unlike other shifts which have sent Rhea into hysteria with fear.

Her shifts were a touchy subject. She spent a great amount of life in the ocean and when her eternal curse was broken, she was cursed again with the excruciating pain of her legs fusing together in water. Rhea crossed her legs and began to bounce one of them up and down as she tried to explain it. She may have had a low tolerance for pain, but it was truly the woman who rebirthed her who was least tolerant. Gods and Goddesses knew how to hold their grudges. "It's a curse. Truthfully." She started, picking at her nails anxiously. "I was cursed to spend my entire life in the deep blue, but I broke that curse when I was thirteen.. Whoever cursed me then decided I should suffer immense pain when my legs touch water." Rhea shook her head. "Have you taken Greek Literature yet?"

Part of the demigod was happy that Lilith didn't know much. Otherwise, she would know about the injustice Rhea had done to her father milleniums ago. "You should take that knowledge to heart. It's all true." She said, smiling. "That's why I don't have a last name, I'm the daughter of Poseidon." She was straight to the point, mainly because she knew by heart when the bell would ring and she didn't want to dwell on the subject much longer. "Rhea of Oceanna, if you want to get political." She said quietly, she never acknowledged her title as it seemed to regal a thing for her to be. Plus, once everyone learned about Poseidon's rage in middle school, Rhea was outcast by the humans.

Aleks laughed softly. He had lost Sorren's attention with his trick, and gained no one else's. He focused his attention back on the prancing horse and whispered. "twir nos ofn". The glittery gold horse stumbled and began to change. It's coat began sooty and black, and it's eyes sunk into hollow nothingness. It was no longer something small enough to fit in Aleks' hand, but larger than any normal horse. It reared onto it's hind legs and tried to shriek, but it was still mute. "Damn." He muttered. Aleks had never been able to get his tricks to make any sound. 

@Bowa

latest
Azalea eyes flicked to families faces with cold stares, and they looked away, Azalea smiled. The table erupted into giggles and Azalea turned around with narrowed eyes, annoyed. A young freshman girl chattered on about a guy. She talked. And talked and talked. The table fell silent abruptly at Azalea's fixating glare on the girl. 

"And you wonder why you're father left." Azalea said coldly, a lazy smile on her lips as she dug through the girls mind like a snake, opening the door to her memories and learning everything about the girl with ease. 

The girl shook with anger, clutching her forehead as she remembered every memory. The girl burst into tears and ran out of the cafeteria. Nobody dared run after her and the table fell into a sad silence. Satisfied, and uncaring, Azalea turned back in her chair to gaze back on the bustling cafeteria. Her gaze landed on a girl she recognized, Andromeda, who laughed and waved to her. Azalea blinked, flinching. Her gaze on Andromeda was amused and cool, a lazy smirk at her lips. One of her multiple walls. She didn't make friends. Didn't need them, didn't want them.  Azalea looked away and lazily looked back around the room, her table still silent. 

Interaction: @raddish

Sorren was slightly startled by Andromeda's sudden excitement and his body recoiled a bit but then he settled into a grin when he realised she wasn't going to scream in his face, "Of course I've heard of Hamilton, it became insanely popular and I just had to see what the hype was about". He made a hand gesture with his right hand by connecting his thumb and index finger to form a circle while keeping his other fingers relaxed and mouthed "So good!", at the same time he closed his eyes briefly like he was in a state of blissfulness just remembering the musical. "I think my head would explode if I had to be around that many bumbling and hyperactive little girls...", Sorren smiled and half nodded towards Andromeda, "It's nice to have something in common with someone who isn't incredibly frustrating to be around but if you don't mind me asking, what are you exactly?".

Sorren ran a hand through his hair before glancing over at Azalea again because of Andromeda's comment and the fact that a girl had just ran out of the cafeteria crying, seemingly because of something the stranger had said. Sorren wouldn't admit it but he found 'drama' entertaining and so didn't really mind her apparent ruthlessness, especially since this morning was beginning to drag. The brown-haired hybrid clearly his throat before raising his voice and shouting towards Azalea, "Hey, what did you say to cause that", he questioned while pointing towards the cafeteria door where the hysterical girl had just exited from - curiosity getting the best of him again.

@raddish @DarknessSpirit

Aleks clapped his hands together and the demon horse melted away like early morning mist in the sun. He didn't want to admit it, but he was bored, and half interested in joining the table of students nearby. Absentmindedly he let his human form slip away a little, and his canines sharpened, his ears morphed into that of a brown foxes, and his nails grew into sturdy material more like claws. Aleks turned his attention to the girl sitting with Sorren. Andromeda? Most of her aura was a sharp aquamarine blue. It wavered and flickered like sunlight in water, and highlights of gold. Another shifter? He stripped away the aura and focused more on the emotions. Strong violets, and yellow greens, excitement or passion, over something like a hobby, or interest. Dark blues, hints of shyness, and blushes of cherry blossom pink, although Aleks didn't understand that one. "Interesting." He said aloud. 

@raddish

Lila looked up from her plate when she heard the sudden sound of a girl burst into tears before exiting the cafeteria. Her gaze searched the nearby tables until she found who she assumed was responsible for the sudden out burst. The girl sat there with a smug look on her face. A number of choice words came to Lila's mind as she stared at the girl. And this girl seemed to have an entourage, but the lamia couldn't find any logic in why anyone would want to be even within the same room as a person like that; those who enjoy pushing others down. All she could think was that girl was some kind of stuck up prissy girl who had gotten everything her entire life, and if not whatever happened to her was no warrant for her to bring others down.

Lila looked down to her balled up fists and sighed; this is why she hated girls. All they seemed capable of was drama. With the snake's now loss in appetite, she dumped the rest of the food, and before leaving complimented the boy on his drawing ability.

@JayEmperor7 @DarknessSpirit

latest
Azalea enjoyed the tense silence of her table, where girls shifted uneasy glances. The only reason they kissed ass was because she was a Whisper. Which was okay, she could manipulate them anyway she wanted. Azalea heard a voice ring out and her eyes flicked to the boy that said it. It didn't take long when he pointed, he was too far to snake her way into his memory, but she could do something else. 

Her daek eyes pierced into his own, a dashing lazy smile curving up her mouth and she looked quite amused. Azalea snaked her way into Sorren's head, so that  he could hear her voice, it came out as a purr. 

I told her it was her fault her father left, after I made her remember every detail of him. 

She spoke in his head, still smiling a lazy smile. Azalea turned, looking at the girls sitting next to her. "Why don't you girls get going? I'm sure Alison would love the company." Azalea said is a dangerous purr and the girls smiled before nearly tripping over each other as they nearly fled the table, leaving the cafeteria to pursue the hysterical Alison. They'd be back. They always came back. It was quite amusing really. 

Interaction: @Bowa

( forgive me for my lack of formatting! )

Rhea scoffed at Lilith. If only she knew what Rhea of Oceanna had done to be cursed the way she was. "Yeah, no." The blonde shook her head and started coughing. Something was coming up, yet another factor of her curse. Rhea coughed into her hand a perfect pearl, big enough to choke the poor girl. She quickly slid it into her pocket hoping Lilith wasn't looking at her.

Andromeda could burst out in song if she wanted. And, she wanted. She pulled up her playlist on her phone and just before she could press play he asked what she was. A demonstration was in order. The siren stood, setting her phone aside and taking her hair out of her perfect ponytail. "Think of the girl you most admire.." She cut herself off when he called out to the brunette, looking down at her hands quietly.

( mentioned: @Bowa )

Sorren was used to having mental conversations due to his vampire side and his hypnotic ability to control the minds of others, primarily humans but some lesser supernatural creatures also unless he has permission to enter their mind. "Holy shit..." he mumbled to himself with a sly smirk on his face, he was intrigued not just about what Azalea had said but the way she said it, like it amused her to be cruel to others. Sorren attempted to seek her permission to mentally project his voice into the Whisper's head, she was a master of manipulating minds so he dared not try and compel her. Sorren returned the piercing stare with a smug grin.

Are you always that ruthlessness or are you just putting on a show because you know people are watching? 

The Hybrid raised his one of his eyebrows as if challenging her before shrugging his shoulders and looking back at Andromeda, the look of a Cheshire Cat still plastered on his face. He then noticed she had moved and dropped her hair down to flow gracefully around her shoulders, he had been listening to her still (a perk of superhuman senses) but she seemed to have quietened when he spoke to Azalea. "I'm sorry, I can't resist being nosy, please continue", Sorren lightly poked her in the shoulder, "Now that you've started you have got to finish.".

@DarknessSpirit @raddish

Andromeda continued after nodding, looking at Azalea to get a better look. Now, because she was younger than her she could only look like a ypunger version of her, but her hair length changed to match hers as well as the color. She had not perfected altering her voice, but she was trying. "I'm a siren." She said quietly, twirling her hair around her fingers to put them in curls. "Creature of desire, er whatever." She said, placing her hands back down on the table. Minus her face and her attire, she looked like the spitting image of Azalea for a second. She then ran her hands through her hair again, straightening it and turning the dark strands back to their bleached blonde tone.

( mentioned: @Bowa @DarknessSpirit )

Sorren clasped his hands together while his mouth was slightly agape, "That is pretty damn awesome...now I half don't want to hear you sing", a softl laugh escaped his lips as he intently analysed the features of Andromeda who almost looked like Azalea's younger sister at that moment. He thought the way she morphed to and fro was rather elegant as he returned his hands to a resting position, "Is it as effortless as it looks? Have you actually used your power on somebody?". Questions flooded Sorren's thoughts, she was a creature he hadn't encountered before and Andromeda's show of her ability left him inquisitive.

@raddish

Users who are viewing this thread

Back