• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Mortality, Life and the Arena

Lady Warlock

Anime RN
Immortality... Look at the World it Made

The City

Times have changed. Times have changed greatly. One hundred years ago, science had a breakthrough. A serum to immortality was created. One single injection could give a person the potential to live forever granted they didn't suffer severe trauma. There was one problem - the serum also sterilized the subject.

The solution was simple. The serum would not be given to everyone. Children would go through extensive testing throughout their childhood in order to determine whether or not they were worthy of receiving immortal life. Those that passed were welcomed into the elite of the world; those that failed were dumped back into the world rather abruptly. Lost and unable to survive, most of the children died quickly. Families were torn apart between mortals and immortals. The system has settled a bit since then. Children are not torn from their families quite as readily and the testing has been moved into the school systems so that there isn't quite as much death. However, the city is under constant unrest. Poverty rages since most of the jobs are kept for the immortal population - the immortals are
better fit for the positions that are most desirable.

There remains one area of enjoyment in the life of a mortal: watching the fights in the arena. Formed from a group of ragtag immortals who quickly realized that their own lives were boring without a fear of death, the arena is a place for anyone to come and watch gladiator style combat without rules or restrictions. As always, the prize pot is high, but so are the stakes. Even an immortal can die from a stab wound. Both a sport and popular entertainment, the arena's value to the progression of society has been noted and the venue has long been sustained.

The Plot

Character 1 is an immortal - in fact, they are one of the first. Living for over a hundred years led them to the arena. There was nothing worthwhile in life anymore and so they decided to fight - to experience the fear of death that had so long been denied to them.

Character 2 is a mortal, a young adult, in fact and they are also a first of the generation. They are the first person to ever
turn down an offer of immortality and they turned it down for love. Hated by the immortals for their declination, they were nearly killed upon completion of their final test. Taking to the arena is their way of trying to show that immortal or not, you can still fight for what you believe in.

What will happen when the two worlds collide? Will the arena be the place of their demise or will they be able to rise up, mortal and immortal, to show that life is not something to be so readily trifled with?

My Preferences

Hi there! You can call me Siren; everyone else does. This is a plot that I have tried writing in the form of a novel several times now and it never quite worked out so I figured it would be fun to transform it into an rp instead. I am looking for a partner who would be willing to write it with me. I do have a few requirements:

• You must be able to write two + paragraphs per post.
  • You must be able to post at least once a week. I will probably be posting more than that so more often is even better.
  • I would like someone who is willing to help me further develop the world and the story as the rp moves along. I don't want to be the one planning everything.
  • Talking in the OOC would be nice as well!

If you are interested, feel free to either PM me or leave a message in the thread here and I will work towards further discussing the idea with you to determine if you are the right fit for writing this adventure with me!

I'd love to give this a shot! However only signing up for the website today after the careless mistake of forgetting the password results in no PM's for a couple of posts.. Hopefully that won't effect anything too much and I sincerely apologise for the inconvienience.

Irritation aside, your plot seems very interesting and I'd love to hear more.

LoggOut said:
I'd love to give this a shot! However only signing up for the website today after the careless mistake of forgetting the password results in no PM's for a couple of posts.. Hopefully that won't effect anything too much and I sincerely apologise for the inconvienience.
Irritation aside, your plot seems very interesting and I'd love to hear more.
Yay! I've been waiting for someone to respond to this because it is something I really really want to write. I'm trying to think of what more there is to tell you that isn't already in the interest check...

Do you have any preference on which character to play - the mortal or the immortal? I am willing and able to play either.

DaughterofAthena said:
Yay! I've been waiting for someone to respond to this because it is something I really really want to write. I'm trying to think of what more there is to tell you that isn't already in the interest check...
Do you have any preference on which character to play - the mortal or the immortal? I am willing and able to play either.
Ah, I'm surprised not many others have checked this one out. It seems pretty interesting; Dystopian-ish societies are pretty interesting to roleplay in general, there's a lot of room for different plot twists and such.

In all honesty I'm not really too bothered which character I play either - Both seem pretty interesting in their own ways. Being your roleplay, it should really be your decision in the end.

LoggOut said:
Ah, I'm surprised not many others have checked this one out. It seems pretty interesting; Dystopian-ish societies are pretty interesting to roleplay in general, there's a lot of room for different plot twists and such.
In all honesty I'm not really too bothered which character I play either - Both seem pretty interesting in their own ways. Being your roleplay, it should really be your decision in the end.
Mmk. Well, if the choice is up to me, I would rather play the mortal character and it would be female. I don't have any preference as to what gender you make the immortal at all.

I guess the next step would be to simply make the thread...? I should probably warn you that I have never done a 1x1 rp before. I have roleplayed before, but its always been in a larger group.

DaughterofAthena said:
Mmk. Well, if the choice is up to me, I would rather play the mortal character and it would be female. I don't have any preference as to what gender you make the immortal at all.
I guess the next step would be to simply make the thread...? I should probably warn you that I have never done a 1x1 rp before. I have roleplayed before, but its always been in a larger group.
Alright, immortal it is then! It'll most likely be a male, in all honesty.

That's not a problem at all, don't worry about it. I'm still kind of new to the way others roleplay on this site, too. So it'll be a learning curve for the both of us.

LoggOut said:
Alright, immortal it is then! It'll most likely be a male, in all honesty.
That's not a problem at all, don't worry about it. I'm still kind of new to the way others roleplay on this site, too. So it'll be a learning curve for the both of us.
Alrighty! I'm excited.

Anyway, I will put together a thread and tag you in it when it is finished. I should have something functioning by tomorrow, but honestly I don't have a lot of time today to put a lot of effort into it and I like making things look pretty.

DaughterofAthena said:
Alrighty! I'm excited.
Anyway, I will put together a thread and tag you in it when it is finished. I should have something functioning by tomorrow, but honestly I don't have a lot of time today to put a lot of effort into it and I like making things look pretty.
No worries, once again. Please do take your time with whatever you need to do. Whatever you'll post will surely look great.

DaughterofAthena said:
@LoggOut I've got time to make the thread but I wanna make sure you are still around first. You still in?
Yeah, I'm still up for this. Like stated, please do take all the time you need to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back