• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic More Than 30 Days

Skaperen

Another Sci-Fi GM

***If this RP does not meet my standards I will shut it down the moment I realize it. In this case, I will attempt to relaunch it with strict RPer recruiting and guidelines.

Before posting anything on the IC RPing tab, you MUST be extremely familiar with the rest of the tabs.

NOTE
: When I post the days, day 1 would be the day the oldest character was born. So if it were day 5, someone who is only 4 days old, would have been born on day 2.

Format for posts (I like things to be orderly):

[setting]

[Name]

This is where you will make your posts. Please do not use any color other than black for your text (this includes dialogue). Also notice that the text alignment is LEFT. When you write, try to utilize information I provide for your character and your character's surroundings. Keep in mind that following game mechanics is crucial to properly developing your character. Following these guidelines will help ensure a more enticing, proper-looking, and most importantly - readable thread.

Stay updated on posts by watching this thread! (This includes the OOC chat!)

The RP will be starting Wednesday, December 24! (12:00 am EST)

Last edited by a moderator:
Birth: The mind of the adolescent

“The discomfort was indescribable. Where had I come from? This state of consciousness was not understandable. Touch. Sound. My surroundings grew more natural and I explored my residence. As if my familiarity were the trigger, I could move. It was warm, and it was small. Soon I was unable to remain comfortable. I needed more room. I kicked to try and free myself, however I could not. But again, as if it were a trigger, I heard loud noises from…I wasn’t sure where. Suddenly I felt myself being moved, I was not in control. I was frantic. My head was abruptly becoming cold; I was entering an unfamiliar environment again. More of my head became exposed and the screaming pulsed my ears – I was afraid, but I didn’t know what for…this new consciousness became too familiar and inconsequential for me to want it to be in any condition of peril. Something took a hold of me; I was raging with distress by now. I was finally completely ripped from my previous holding, and the screaming stopped…but I was not done. The inside of my body now broke into severing dryness as I was forced to gasp for comfort.

I calmed down after some time, worn down from my battle. My head felt uncomfortable and restricted, so I did what I could to move it, and brightness and colors reflected my surroundings to make better sense of them. Sight. Something was holding me, but it was not dangerous. There were more of them around the one suspending me.

I picked up on what these things were – talking? Is that the word? I tried it for myself but they didn’t seem to understand me. I tried to say, what was it? Mother. This is the one who I enjoyed being around. She was my first … home. I tried it again, ‘Muma’. It seemed to sound close enough because they understood me. I was picked up and given to her. These things seemed to need me. These…I think they’re called family.”

Day 5: Last night was a warm night, 8 degrees Celsius; the warmest anyone alive has known for it to be.

North Cave

Ariana

From the clearance of the cave entrance, Ariana admired the sun as it rose above the extent of the forest which lay below, as the songs of the birds came to life. The sequence of color in her visible canvas began to change as the glare of the sun revamped new hues into the obscure trees, and the translucent skies. Her mother came up from behind and rested one hand on Ariana’s shoulder, kneeling beside her.

Francis

A bronse beetle clambered along the stone floor next to where Francis was lying down beside his sleeping mother. It moved from side to side, feeling its way across the room, frantically unfamiliar with such surroundings. Francis looked at the beetle then up at his mother. He knew that this beetle was one of the edible ones, and were not to be eaten as a snack, but why was he not supposed to eat it even if he was hungry?

Jacob

Drool fell from Jacob’s mouth as he slept. He was separate from the group of adults and children who were all sleeping in a long line of fleshy bodies. Suddenly a sensation woke him up; a shock of tension ran from the bottom of his foot to his neck. He looked up in terror; it was a girl, slightly younger looking than him.

Jade

No one was up, and all there was to do was make marks in the ground with the rock she was carrying around. Jade wondered if life would always be this boring. She did see a girl leave the cave with her mother, but Jade’s mother was dead. Instead she had a man named Salfa taking care of her - supposedly Salfa had been very close with her mom. With no mother to take her outside, she examined each person sleeping. One of them was alone off to the side. He was an older boy, but couldn’t have been that much older. She sat on her knees right in-front of his feet and poked one with the rock in her hand.

South Cave

Parker and Scarlet

Parker and Scarlet sat together, silently observing one another, careful not to wake anyone. They had both physically changed overnight with alarming body developments. The day before they had noticed that throughout the daytime there was visible change in body form, but observing someone one night, then seeing them the next morning was chilling. What if they couldn’t see each other for two days? Would they be able to recognize each other?

West Cave

Lila and Marcus

The twins traded stories with each other that they had gathered from the elders yesterday. Fascinating myths and legends were popular. Most seemed implausible but some had to be true; life couldn’t be completely dull could it? Common stories were about the depths of the forest and of ancestors who have killed beasts with sharp fingers and thick hair covering their entire bodies. Of course not all of those could be true because how could so many people have done it? But they still made good tales. Lila then said that she had a story that beat them all, the story of the eternals.

Jason

Jason looked at the brother and sister who had woken him up. He remembered how young and stupid they were, although how did they become so old? They looked almost his age. He looked to the people sleeping beside him – they were all older. A flush of self-embarrassment had come over him, forgetting that people sleep for a long time, which allows them to do plenty of aging. He heard the girl go into a kind of accidental yell, she sounded as if she had remembered something important.

Lila

"The Eternals. Ah, what a wonderful story." She looked up at her brother, smiling. The cave floor was dusty and gravel dug into her, but when her brother was here, she didn't mind. She felt comfortable with him. She quietened her voice upon seeing the glare that Jason, another boy in the cave, had given her. "The Eternals. Imagine how magical it would be!" She rolled onto her back and stared at the roof of the cave. She had only been alive for a couple of days, but this cave was home. It protected her, as much as her brother did. "Living for more that thirty days." She felt as if she was dreaming now, staring up at the roof, imagining growing up to be not just an instrument for birth. Gulping back a little fear, remembering that she would be expected to bear a child very soon, she rolled back onto her front. "Marcus." She began her question, "What will you do if I die?" Lila knew this was a hard question to ask, but she had to ask it some time; she didn't have long, and she wanted to know that he'd be all right. There was a high chance that she'd pass away during pregnancy and she was scared; beyond scared, but there was no time for that. Lila spent every waking minute with Marcus, and she hoped that he would respond with something that comforted her.

Ariana

Ariana turned and smiled. "Hey, I was just... looking at the sky. It so... um...bright." She smiled softly hoping that her mother would understand that she enjoyed the sights of the world. Ariana turned and hugged her mother. "I want to go out there and live. I want to survive and learn about the rest of the world, and the sky and the trees, and.." her mother interrupted her. "I know." her mother said "I wanted that too, but you're almost grown, and I'm almost dead, there'll be no time for you." Ariana felt tears come to her eyes. No one understood her; no one cared that she saw things in a different perspective. She brushed her mother's hand off her shoulder and stood. She decided then that it was time to do something with her life. If she died, well that would be too bad; nothing was going to stop her.

Jason

Jason groaned as he rolled over. The twins were wide awake yet again, causing a disturbance in his sleep. Could they be any louder? Continuing in an attempt to sleep, he noticed that he himself was becoming less tired. Letting out a long soft sigh, Jason sat up and leaned against the cave wall. He looked down upon his body, seeing how he looked years older than he had the day before. He was taller, more defined. This thought was still very difficult for him to process, but in a strange way, that gave him a weird feeling of terror along with happiness. That's when he heard the two siblings say something, The Eternals? What was that? Confused, he tried to listen into there conversation a little further, for this subject seemed almost interesting.

Jade

"Hello?" Jade used the rock in her hand to awaken the older boy. "Why are you sleeping over here by yourself?" She wished Salfa was with her right now. He made her feel safe in some small way. Perhaps it was simply that he had connections with her mother. Jade could only wonder at what kind of person her mother was. How terrible it must have been to know that her life would most likely end after having Jade. Then again, wasn't that the fate of all women? Jade too would have to come to that realization and accept it. Her thoughts drew to the present as the boy's eyes flickered open. "Ah, you are still alive." She felt a bit of relief. She did not know this boy and therefore could not care about him, and yet she hated the idea of death. Even if it did not affect her directly.

Francis

Francis raised a brow as he watched the beetle clamber along the stone floor of the cave which was cold to the touch. However, the slow beetle managed to get away from Francis's view after a little while of observation from where he was originally sleeping. Obviously Francis still wanted to follow the little beetle so he accounted for the cold stone floor of the cave by crawling along, using his hands to steady himself while he only stood on his toe-tips, a small sacrifice for a big payout if you were to ask Francis why he was taking on such an outlandish posture. He watched the beetle with great enthusiasm while it crawled around the stone cave, overtaking a small rut that lay in the beetle's way only to tumble down into another which was a kick in the teeth because he had just valiantly conquered its brother. Francis continued watching.

Francis cast a glance back at his mother to see if she was awake yet, but the steady rise and fall of her chest signaled him that she was still in a deep sleep. That was indeed good news for young Francis because now he could persist with his little games with the beetle and possibly take it to the next level. How? By intervening, of course. He slapped his hand on the cold stony floor whichprohibited the beetle from going any further in that direction. The beetle sensed this and immediately turned around to scamper off in the direction he had come, but Francis had other plans for the little beetle so he turned it in the direction of the cave's entrance.

As the beetle crawled ever-so-slowly toward the cave entrance, Francis cast back uneasy glances at his mother in hopes that she was still asleep. The first few times he glanced back his mother was sound asleep, but as he neared the entrance, almost able to feel the cool, mountain breeze, he took one look back to see his mother stirring. He knew that nothing would happen if his mother saw him with the beetle, but Francis also wanted to eat the beetle after he was done playing with it, so his hand quickly shot down to where the beetle was scampering along, ensnaring the tiny victim. Once caught in the trap, the beetle had no way out, his life was over moments after being thrown in Francis's mouth.

Francis chewed quickly, not able to take notice to the awful texture that was crunchy and distasteful before he had to swallow and turn around to face his mother with a straight and innocent face. It was something that hee actually managed to pull off very well because his mother didn't say a word, rather she laid back down, probably reckoning it would be nice to get a few more moments of sleep now that she knew her song wasn't doing anything wrong.

Scarlet

Hazel eyes wide as she watched the boy, her dark blonde eyebrows furrowing together as she bit her lower lip. She gave a quick glace around her surroundings once more, making sure nothing had changed in the five minutes she had spent silently watching Parker. Light played around the room and all seemed to be in order; all the same as it had been when everyone had fallen asleep but at the same time there was something in the air. Something had changed within the few hours that everyone had fallen asleep, but what was a mystery to the young woman. Raising her small slender hand to run it through long dark gold color hair. She opened her mouth as if to speak for a moment before quickly closing it once more. What would happen if were didn't see one another? She asked herself, the very thought itself sending chills up her spine. What if? She thought causing her brow furrowing even more.

"Parker?" She whispered, trying not to wake any of the others as she shifted to be a little closer to the other. Her fingers tangling themselves into her slightly tangled hair. Thoughts bouncing in her mind, questions and so many what ifs that she wanted to find the answers to. "Parker, what if we didn't see one another for even a day? What do you think would happen?" She voiced the question easily, struggling to find any sort of answer herself. She looked at the boy, her currently dark green eyes sparkling with a mix of emotions. Curiosity and so many questions she wanted answers for scattering most of her thoughts into a jumbled mess.

Lila

Marcus explained what he would do if anything ever happened to Lila, and she suddenly felt disgusted in herself for asking. Sure, it was something she wanted to know, and it would help her, but not him. It would just make his more uncomfortable; sadder. But, before she could apologise for making him feel bad, he accused their surrogate Mother of being unloving. Lila stared at him with wide eyes. She shook her head. Why had he said this? Lila was certain that Marcus loved Sara. Plus, she was certain that Sara loved them. Why else would she look after them? She had nothing to gain; nothing else to take from it. Lila shook her head once more and made a disbelieving laugh before getting up, pausing to simply say, "She loved us, I know it." and walking to the other side of the cave.

Ariana

The forest seemed to call her. Ariana put piece of breadbark in a small pouch. She quietly walked out of the cave and into the open air. The wind blew gently on her face, and she let it blow through her hair. It felt like paradise. Ariana stared at the forest beneath her and smiled. She made up her mind; she was going to take a walk, but this one, she decided, would be longer than normal. This would be the day that she finally did it. She was going to leave. She walked passed a boy who was standing near the entrance of the cave. She nodded in greeting. She clutched the food tighter and set off slowly into the forest. She turned back to the mountain, and the cave she lived in. Home seemed far away.

In the forest, things were strange. A familiar bird's cry seemed so alien to Ariana. Light shined through the leaves of the trees making the forest floor glitter. She walked deeper into the forest than she had ever gone before. Some things were frightening and suspicious, but the rest of the forest was beautiful. As she went farther and farther into the forest, Ariana saw something that amazed her. Helse berries! She gasped and ran over to a bush full of them. Ariana had never eaten any before, but she learned about them from the elderly who showed them to her. She knew she needed to take it back to the cave, but that would ruin her plan of leaving. One thing Ariana couldn't do was be selfish; it just wasn't in her. She sighed and opened her pouch. After eating the breadbark, she started to fill her pouch with as many berries as it could carry. Which was, in fact, quite a few. When the pouch was full she ran to the cave. "Look what I found in the forest!" she exclaimed to her mother. Her mother was fast asleep, but Ariana unfortunately woke some people up. "Sorry" Ariana apologized. She sat down outside the cave and continued to watch the skies.

Jade

It became clear to Jade that this young boy was upset at her for disturbing his slumber. "No, I don't need help with anything. I actually have a question for you." It took a moment for her to gather her thoughts, and the boy in front of her had a quizzical look drawn over his face. "How do I say it?" She wondered aloud. "Sometimes when I sleep, I see things. Like thoughts when I am awake, but I can't seem to control these ones. I heard a girl whispering something about how the Eternals have these things called dreams, and then she described what a dream was. It sounds very much like my sleep thoughts." The expression on the boy's face was now something Jade wore as well. Something that seemed so simple and yet so complicated as this, truly made her wonder. The sleep thoughts she had were only about her running through the woods, or meeting her mother, or talking with Salfa. And yet, how could her mind make these images without her wanting it to? "So my question is: Do you know if what I'm seeing is the same thing as a dream? And if it is, does that mean the Eternals are like us?" The very serious question she had faced the boy with, might be too much for him to understand either, but she felt that she must ask all the same. After all, there were far too many questions, and such little time...

Jacob

"I don't know," he sat watching her complexion, trying to decide what to say next, "you know what?, we'll talk about this later when I wake up, okay?" Without waiting for a reaction, he went back to lying on the ground. He instantly became colder as his shoulders touched the ground and guilt took over his thoughts before he was able to fall asleep. She was so much smaller than him and was just curious about his thoughts. It didn't matter; he was tired, and he hold her that he would talk to her later that day. The tiredness drowned his thoughts as the seconds passed by. Thoughts blended with dreams, colliding to create a montage of blurred decision and views and ...

Nothing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back