News Monthly Donations

Status
Not open for further replies.
zCrookedz said:
I have a question. Is this like a Patron where it will automatically be donated every month? Or do we have to manually donate every month?
You can donate manually or set it to reoccur for your ease, if you were interested in that.

2015-10-01_11-53-10.png

[QUOTE="The Dark Wizard]You can donate manually or set it to reoccur for your ease, if you were interested in that.
2015-10-01_11-53-10.png

[/QUOTE]
AH ^_^ missed that option there. Thanks.

Guess who got their paycheck today!?

Expect Huntrey's glorious name to position itself as the number one donor spot! I can see it now! How revered and respected, but also feared for my brilliant donation!

Huntrey said:
Guess who got their paycheck today!?
Expect Huntrey's glorious name to position itself as the number one donor spot! I can see it now! How revered and respected, but also feared for my brilliant donation!
Well thank you for your upcoming donation then :P !

I have no way of "unwatching" this campaign unless I piece out my money, apparently.

Good for the site and all, but I do not want to be constantly updated every third of the way with an alert. You have the "Monthly Donations" progress bar and "Donate" button to the right of the forum index on the home page. You also have the "Donations" menu in the floating header in case we missed it on the splash page.

Next month, I'd really appreciate either less quip alerts, or allowing us the option not to pay ourselves out of them.

Thank you for reading.

Sycophant said:
I have no way of "unwatching" this campaign unless I piece out my money, apparently.
Good for the site and all, but I do not want to be constantly updated every third of the way with an alert. You have the "Monthly Donations" progress bar and "Donate" button to the right of the forum index on the home page. You also have the "Donations" menu in the floating header in case we missed it on the splash page.

Next month, I'd really appreciate either less quip alerts, or allowing us the option not to pay ourselves out of them.

Thank you for reading.
They're site wide alerts. Everyone gets them regardless of whether or not a user donated.

Also, having an alert every few days is way less annoying then us having to resort to adding ads to help pay for the site. (:

Mordecai said:
They're site wide alerts. Everyone gets them regardless of whether or not a user donated.
Thank you for clarifying that point. The checkboxed "Watch Campaign" option gave me the impression otherwise.

I'll make another assumption that you mean to say it cannot be sifted from other "important" announcements on the user end, in that regard.

Addressing your double post: as for ads being "annoying", even though that isn't even related to my comment's suggestion, I don't mind ads. I don't find them intrusive in their allotted spots. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Say.. how much would I have to donate to get the gold name back? xP

I get paid next week, so I plan on donating around $10 by then :D

[QUOTE="Fukushima Akira]Say.. how much would I have to donate to get the gold name back? xP
I get paid next week, so I plan on donating around $10 by then :D

[/QUOTE]
I think 5 bucks was the minimum.

[QUOTE="The Dark Wizard]I think 5 bucks was the minimum.

[/QUOTE]
Nice :D

Does varying amounts depend on how long you have the colour? Or is it for this month only?

[QUOTE="Fukushima Akira]Nice :D
Does varying amounts depend on how long you have the colour? Or is it for this month only?

[/QUOTE]
Going to try to do it month to month.

[QUOTE="The Dark Wizard]Going to try to do it month to month.

[/QUOTE]
Ah, okay~ :D

I'd definitely love to donate but I'm a little confused!! I have some cash but I don't have a credit card. I didn't see any options like that on the donations page but how do you guys get the money?? I'm too new to this whole thing :0

WonderFry said:
I'd definitely love to donate but I'm a little confused!! I have some cash but I don't have a credit card. I didn't see any options like that on the donations page but how do you guys get the money?? I'm too new to this whole thing :0
Hey :) !

So when you input the amount you want to donate, it sends you to a paypal page( account not required, you can check out as a guest), some form of credit or debit card is required :( .

However!

I know of several members that go to a store and exchange their cash for a gift debit card or what have you and donate that way.

Hope that helps :P !

It really takes $6000 (500x12) per year to keep RPN afloat? Are we so high maintainance ('A') *woof*

On that note, I did like the golden title I had before so I might donate a modest sum to get it back *rawrrr*

The goal has been officially completed for October.

Seriously thank you all. <3

The Tracker has vanished from the sidebar, but you can still donate by vising the donations button at the top of the site. Everyone has had their gold names/ribbons handed to them unless they set themselves to Anonymous.

Any and all medals will be retroactively applied once they are done being created. Anyone who donates for October even though the goal has been met will still receive the October goals.

Seriously thank you all.

Donating Members can expect a message from me soon :D !

I'll push in 10 dollars tomorrow if I can, I loved donating during the summer and was glad to get my way in, October is my birth month too! YAHOO!! ONLY 8 MORE DAYS TILL MY BIRTHDAY! OCTOBER 19TH WHOOP WHOOP! *Dances around*

fHctp.gif

Alistair said:
I'll push in 10 dollars tomorrow if I can, I loved donating during the summer and was glad to get my way in, October is my birth month too! YAHOO!! ONLY 8 MORE DAYS TILL MY BIRTHDAY! OCTOBER 19TH WHOOP WHOOP! *Dances around*
fHctp.gif
@Captain Hesperus, @Ghan and I all have our birthdays in October.

Its not my place to reveal their dates, but mine is on the 20th :P !

Alistair said:
Is there a specific amount to gain the October goal/reward? Or is it just about donating any amount of money anyway?
At the moment we are doing it any amount :) !

Maybe Five at the minimum for the medal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back