Status
Not open for further replies.

The Dark Wizard

🔥
Administrator
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Hey All,

So we've sorted through everyone's input on the matter and have come to the conclusion that the best way to handle the site raising money is to just do it every month with a decent number so the Donation Manager doesn't lock it self.

Doing this monthly has several advantages:

• Not having to solely depend on this once a year
  • Flexible, the goal can decrease or increase as needed, unlike this last fundraiser which while allowing us to do many things, was still a failure because the server got upgraded several times through out the event and we couldn't just update the goal midway through the event.

We will be working on monthly icons to collect but they will NOT be three tier(bronze, silver, gold). They are not ready yet and will be retroactively applied for anyone who donates before they are done being created. You can also get a gold ribbon/name for that month.

What monthly donations cover:

• Hosting
  • Mandrill.com (its what keeps our emails from hitting your spam box or worse, never reaching you at all)
  • Advertisements (Its what keeps RpNation number one on Google Search Results)
  • Features/Addons

If we ever need to do yearly fundraisers, they will be for extremely large undertakings like hiring a programmer to create something custom for us, fixing bugs, what ever have you that isn't normal to RpNation's continuation.

If you have any questions or concerns please post below. You can check out the new donation page here: Donation Campaigns | RpNation.com - Best Roleplay Forum which also has a Recurring Donations button by popular demand.

Mayumi said:
Nice, nice. Now the only thing for me to do is to get a job.
There are many ways to help RpN, like recruiting your friends :) !

But yeah, this way is much easier for us, and as needed we can lower it when ever we manage to cut down costs, and raise it as needed. This last fundraiser allowed us to do much, but we still didn't cover the whole year's hosting costs for example, because the goal was for like 2 servers a go, we updated twice in the middle of the event.

I'll make sure to donate!! :D ....

... *silence*...

Next time I have money!!! xD

Last edited by a moderator:
What happens if I do not donate? Because I'm in high school, I do not have a job, and the chore money I make goes fast.

[QUOTE="Queen of Fantasy]What happens if I do not donate? Because I'm in high school, I do not have a job, and the chore money I make goes fast.

[/QUOTE]
Nothing?

Its not required :P !

The site is currently kept afloat by the Administration. This is our passion, so we won't ever let the site go down.

[QUOTE="The Dark Wizard]Nothing?
Its not required :P !

The site is currently kept afloat by the Administration. This is our passion, so we won't ever let the site go down.

[/QUOTE]
Oh thank goodness!!

[QUOTE="Queen of Fantasy]What happens if I do not donate? Because I'm in high school, I do not have a job, and the chore money I make goes fast.

[/QUOTE]
Same!! but if I ever get some money that I don't need I'll be sure to help out best I can!!! :D :) "^.^ xD

Ohhh, I'm quite interested in new keys/icons you'll be creating. I'd love to donate as much as possible when the time arrives. I'm also quite ecstatic that it will be monthly rather than yearly, I'll be donating sooner or later I'm sure though, anything to help the community and website itself! (<3)(<3)(<3)

pp,375x360.jpg

I approve of this. More opportunities to force money down the throats of our overlords.

Alistair said:
Ohhh, I'm quite interested in new keys/icons you'll be creating. I'd love to donate as much as possible when the time arrives. I'm also quite ecstatic that it will be monthly rather than yearly, I'll be donating sooner or later I'm sure though, anything to help the community and website itself! (<3)(<3)(<3)
Thanks so much :) !

The Donations were already open as of this announcement. Yeah making it Monthly allows it to be more flexible and allows us to raise what we need. The big yearly events when and IF they are needed, can be for really big stuff.

[QUOTE="King Of Imagination]
pp,375x360.jpg

I approve of this. More opportunities to force money down the throats of our overlords.

[/QUOTE]
That would certainly please the administration, pretty sure at least two out of the three of us are only eating ramen and tea :P !

Me when donating on sites:

963644dc625695f530cd5cd6733beb39.jpg

More Features?!?!?:

tumblr_lz5312qe2H1rpn6tao1_500.png

Pretty much I'm just happy about this news!!!! xD :D :D :D

RPN summed up:

superthumb.jpg

-(WE HAS COOKIEZ!?!?!? :3)

bd717095e0e1bab5048660e38290caba241182690eeaf36fdb68d15aed317454.jpg

-(That moment... when people go too far without fade too black. -_- )

7fdof.jpg

- (PLOT TWIST!!!! xD )

c14447e55d06dc83c0e3bad4e587cab9.jpg
anime-fan-meme-6.jpg

FSN29.jpg

1. (^^ Love dis' one.)

2. (Yup!!)

3. (Role-play Cs gone wrong....
xD )

Me all day, every day... on RPN. (Is this song, right here. xD ):

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yrpyl0s3_pk[/media]

@The Dark Wizard

Thanks for all the support and love. (: The admin team loves this site and it's so nice to see so many people sharing your passion.

We have the best community on the net!

Mordecai said:
Thanks for all the support and love. (: The admin team loves this site and it's so nice to see so many people sharing your passion.
We have the best community on the net!
Agreed!!! *high-five!*... prob not gonna get response so... umm... *Air high-five!!* xD *sigh*.... it works. lonely-... but works. :D

Mordecai said:
*air highpaw*
(I probably should've used my paw too.. considering I'm a Pikachu... whatever, lets just say I made Ash Ketchum high-five you instead!! xD )

SO happy right now!!!!! #SENPAINOTICEDME!?!?!? (:3)(:3)(:3)(:3)(:3)(:3)(*U*)(*U*)(*U*)(*U*)(*U*)(*U*)(*U*)

[QUOTE="The Dark Wizard]<3 to all

[/QUOTE]
<3 back!! :3

The "Top Donors" page shows users who haven't donated - is there a way to change that, to filter all those $0.00 people, or are they there to stay?

Maybe when I'm eating something a little more then Ramon I can pass along the spare change. -claws back in to my hole-

[QUOTE="The Dark Wizard]In less then a day we reached 33 percent :) !
Thanks everyone :P !

[/QUOTE]
Yay!!! :D :D :D

I have a question. Is this like a Patron where it will automatically be donated every month? Or do we have to manually donate every month?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back