• When posting, please be aware that artistic nudity is still nudity and not allowed under RpNation rules. Please edit your pictures accordingly!

Remember to credit artists when using work not your own.

Traditional MONSTER LOVE

Junn

Easily startled.
fca1f59b-a4bd-48b1-af9b-f2d5815b5f11_zpswvakqsbt.jpg
I started this thread intended to create 25 different watercolor oni, and I failed at that. Not because I doubt my ability to do so, but because I've realized that I enjoy more than just oni, and more than just watercolor! It turns out, I love many different types of traditional medium, and all kinds of monsters. (: I like flowers too though, so I've been practicing with that as well. So you can bet there will be many monsters with flowers to come! I might draw in pen, I might use brush pen, I might use watercolor and watercolor pencils. In the future, I plan to get my hands on some gauche, even! I also will not be giving myself a goal of 25, because that just really stresses me out. @w@;; Anyways! I will be working on a gallery of sorts within this first comment so y'all can see all of my current artwork in one place, but feel free to just kind of linger and watch along as I post as well!

Also, a quick shoutout to you guys who have been watching my struggle with this thread since I first posted it. You know who you are, and please know that if it wasn't for you, I would have given up on this! *hugs*

(The quality will be terrible af because all I have is my phone nowadays! Also, I wont be putting my older ones here because... I just don't like them a lot, lol.)

20170617_194816_zpsglypet7m.jpg
20170614_002435_zpswtctz2ad.jpg

e9af0bc3-4619-46ed-b1e0-23d235c583c4_zpskx0cb54a.jpg

Last edited:
*Previously lurking*

I just wanna say that you're really good.  :smile4:  I don't use colored or watercolor pencils and can't color for shit, so I can't really give you any advice or tips or anything. );

But I think you're fantastic. <3  Your Oni are actually very pretty and your color choice is splendid. <3

Your shading is very nice on the second one also.  :smile4:

Them eyes are also mystical af. o;

Last edited by a moderator:
*Previously lurking*

I just wanna say that you're really good.  :smile4:  I don't use colored or watercolor pencils and can't color for shit, so I can't really give you any advice or tips or anything. );

But I think you're fantastic. <3  Your Oni are actually very pretty and your color choice is splendid. <3

Your shading is very nice on the second one also.  :smile4:

Them eyes are also mystical af. o;

Whoa... t-thank you so much!!! That means so much to me, you have no idea how refreshing it is to hear that. No one has ever called my oni pretty before, and this is the first time I've tried them in watercolor.

I was actually considering giving up because so far the only feedback I've been given is my mom asking "why cant you draw nice things?!" So thank you so much 100000 times over!! ;w;

You're super duper amazing ! All three of your drawings are really great;; (& to do them with water color?? That's honestly double-impressive)

& that sucks your mom doesn't think it looks nice; maybe she just has different taste? Still though, if I had your skills, I'd totally be drawing and

painting chizz left n right just so I could hang them on my wall or something lol.

But yeah, I don't really have any tips or critiques, because I think they're really good the way they are, honestly.

And thanks for posting them, & sharing them for other people to see.  C:

You're super duper amazing ! All three of your drawings are really great;; (& to do them with water color?? That's honestly double-impressive)

& that sucks your mom doesn't think it looks nice; maybe she just has different taste? Still though, if I had your skills, I'd totally be drawing and

painting chizz left n right just so I could hang them on my wall or something lol.

But yeah, I don't really have any tips or critiques, because I think they're really good the way they are, honestly.

And thanks for posting them, & sharing them for other people to see.  C:

Thank you so much!!! <333 Wahh, you guys are just so nice!! Your post had me literally smiling, heh.
And yeah, my mom just isn't like me in thinking demons are cute, I guess? c; Hah!

Thank you again! I'll definitely keep up with my drawings, then. Just knowing people enjoy looking at my art is enough to inspire me 110%.
<3 <3 <3

Whoa... t-thank you so much!!! That means so much to me, you have no idea how refreshing it is to hear that. No one has ever called my oni pretty before, and this is the first time I've tried them in watercolor.

I was actually considering giving up because so far the only feedback I've been given is my mom asking "why cant you draw nice things?!" So thank you so much 100000 times over!! ;w;

Really? They're beautiful <3

Don't give up if you love drawing! You do you, baby <3

I will now continue lurking (((((((:

4/25

Waaah, this one was somehow really hard to do! Was hard not to make a green mess when dealing with yellow and blue paint, heh! ;;;;

WIN_20170125_11_23_37_Pro.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
OH MY GOD, THE BEST ONE YET <3

THANK YOU! <3 So so so much! I agree. ^w^ I've been getting more confident, and really love the ancient Japanese style of art with the thick brush strokes, so I was hoping to mimic it! Kind of? But yeah I feel like this one so far is closest to the 'style' I'd like to have! (:

HU This is a WIP but I dunno if I'll finish it. It's on a larger paper, so it's taking longer to do.

16343715_1108978569223992_1645918524_n.jpg

These are so lovely!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back