• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Monster Hunter X Frankenstien Girl (Ally and DergTheDergon)

It was a brisk breezy afternoon and despite the cool weather the sun was blindingly bright. Though under the leaves of the high autumn trees the sun was pleasant. The ground was not yet dead and that meant the wildlife was still out and about. Birds singing, rabbits dancing around berry bushes, and even a deer sharing the lush grass that connected everything. A girl was propped up against a large tree, providing the comfortable shade to protect her eyes. Her long reddish pink hair blew to the left in the same direction of the wind and the feeling made her skin crawl with happiness. She wore a uniform looking tan sweatshirt with a button up underneath, black thin tie and black skirt. Of course to complete the school girl look there was the thigh high black stockings and black sneakers to match.

However being a monster she didn’t go to school, not like the other teenage girl her age. But she did envy them and even watched them from a distance. At first sight she looked normal. Smooth flawless skin, a young acne free face and bright green eyes. Well as of a couple hours ago green eyes. All her “uglies” as she referred to them by where hidden easily by certain clothes. This particular outfit not so much. Down the back of her thighs had thick black lines in the center with small horizontal lines about an inch apart from one another from the top of her leg going to her ankles. To the touch the lines feel like thread not just any thread either, it was satin, smooth and soft to the touch. This was because her creator often enjoyed…..feeling….his creation.

She could just make out the back of the school that lead to the track and field area and finally passed that the lining of the forest. Not to mention the large crowd of curious students and police officers holding them back. There she could see the ambulance that pulled up, the animals she was in harmony with scattering. This annoyed her for a moment but then her full attention was back to the ambulance. Two EMT’s came out and ran into the lining the next thing she saw was them carrying a black bag on a stretcher. Dogs barked suddenly came to her ears, the fully functional heart leapt into her throat. RUN screamed a voice in her head and within seconds she followed it. She was much faster than the policemen and the dogs and her stamina….well….was endless. Finding herself in the deepest of woods that sunlight could barely break through the canopy when finally stopping. This would do to hide in. The voice calming her nerves and relaxed herself on top of a large boulder. Her eyes closed revealing the bloody truth. The left eye lid was missing making the light brown eye visible even with the lids shut. She had to do it. She was clumsy and got too close to the girl. The girl got scared by her appearance by her “uglies” and panicked. She used the pencil in her hand and stabbed her eye out. “I had to replace it”.

Pulling the girl into the trees with unnatural strength, choking and then scooping out the eye to replace hers. Stripping the girl nude and stealing the uniform before hiding her in some bushes only for the body to be found by the first gym period. She was safe now though the eyelid would take at least a day to heal and her vision return to normal so for now this is where she would rest.

At the moment a call was sent to a hunter, supposedly a decent one, or perhaps the only one his lousy assistant could find on short notice. His request was to capture a monster. One that had escaped the lab and considered highly dangerous. The creatures name Dolly Godwin.

It was close to midnight, the full moon casting a yellow-white glow upon the quiet stretch of wood a young man cautiously walked upon, alert and tense. This man's name was Victor Nerasi, the hunter sent to bind and capture an experimental creature named Dolly Godwin. one hand at his side, the other resting near the concealed holster of his right-hand pistol, underneath his red cloak, the symbol of his profession. A slight wind whistling through the branches of nearby trees and the chirping of crickets was all that could be heard, save for the sound of the Hunter's footsteps. 'According to the client, she was last sighted around here... it's quiet. It's always too damn quiet....' Victor thought to himself.

Looking up to the sky for a moment, he frowned at the sight of the full moon. Why now, of all nights, did Viktor have an assignment in the middle of the woods? His target was no shapeshifter, sure, but there was a good chance of one being around here regardless, if not several at once. Victor sighed, getting rather antsy the more he looked for clues and saw nothing. This job raises every possible red flag... masked caller ID, unusually generous pay, very... unusual target, and to top it all off the target is supposedly responsible for a murder and it's not a kill mission... I'm supposed to bring her in alive. But, the Doctor's credentials check out, and I need the cash. I just hope I didn't set myself up by taking this job...'

Viktor's spiraling thoughts were halted as his Hunter's sense acted up, searing pain shooting through his head. This was an indication that he was nearby a supernatural creature of unnatural origin, most likely his target. The genetic enhancements Viktor went through during Hunter training were helpful, and have saved his life more times than he could count, but they sure were painful sometimes. Viktor slowly, so as to make as little noise as possible, unholstered his left pistol. The right one was for self defense and quickly dealing damage to kill-on-sight target, but the left was specially design for what were called "binding bullets." This ammunition was of a larger caliber than standard handgun bullets, and were covered in intricate symbols that glowed a faint blue. For all intents and purposes, thier effect is no different than a normal bullet on a human or non-supernatural animal, but instead of harming supernatural creatures, they release the spell contained in them on contact, binding the creature's abilities. Only the hunter that forged the bullet, in this case Victor, can release them from this spell. he had a severely limited number of these bullets, only abut three or so on hand, so he had to use them wisely and only when spotting his target... which if his hunch was right, wouldn't take much longer now.

The throbbing in his head only got stronger as he advanced in this direction, which was despite the pain a good thing. It meant he was potentially getting closer to his target, and if now, something else he get decent money for bringing in elsewhere once he had gotten his true objective. Finally, VIctor spotted something odd atop a boulder. Stopping in his tracks and observing, it seemed to be moving very slightly to his enhanced vision, and it was... this was a living creature, and judging by his sudden migraine, it must be who he came here for. Lying atop the boulder was an apparent female with her chest and stomach rising and falling with her breathing. moving cautiously closer, taking care to make as little noise as possible, he hid behind a nearby tree and observed, prepared to wait as long as possible in order to confirm this was indeed his target. Binding pistol at the ready, he crouched and stayed still in a practiced motion that he was trained to do for hours at a time if need be.

@Ally

She suddenly stood up on the boulder perhaps she had heard his attempt to sneak up on her. After all he has no clue the abilities she had. All that was in his report that she was a creature…a monster and apparently dangerous. Her hand went up and her long slender fingers tucked a few strands behind her ear. With a closer look of her back side the stitches were obvious on the back of her thighs.

“Where do I go now?” looking up to the moon with a small smile before he hand went over her stomach and then her body slouched forward. “Plus I need to eat its dark I could possibly sneak into the town.” She got off the boulder and picked up the school bag next to it, digging her hand deep inside before pulling out a pink and purple wallet. “With the cash in here I can buy some food but my……” Her hand slipped behind her skirt and down the stitching fingering the thinner horizontal lines making the skin around it started to tare from it a bit.

It was time to go it would take some time to make it out of the lush forest let alone to the tree lining of the town. Her feet moved forward completely unaware of the dangerous that lived in the forest. Unaware even more of the hunt that was placed on her and the man that was fulfilling it. The sounds of her footsteps covered any that followed her. The only person, the only thing she feared was the one she ran away from. Let an animal rip her arm off, her leg, take her other beautiful green eye. No matter what they can take I can get it back, except him, he can take my life. Even when he finds me at least I’ll have lived one, two, maybe three days. Experience the world from the other side of that window. These thoughts slow her quickening heart and drive her to move even faster

@DergTheDergon

Victor's eyes widened as suddenly, the girl began to move. Had she heard him approach? Perhaps she had acute hearing or enhanced sleep awareness. As she stood, thankfully but oddly facing away from him, Victor saw the long black stitches across the girl's legs, causing his breathing to quicken in realization that this was indeed his target. That was the only physical identifying trait of the creature that he was made aware of. Viktor silently unholstered his left pistol the way he was trained, and switched the safety off, cringing at the noise the action made and remaining still, slowly relaxing as she continued to show no signs of knowing he was there. Still, he kept cautious and still waiting for her next move. There was a chance she knew he was there and was simply very adept at making it seem quite the opposite... he had no idea how clever the creature might be. he continued to watch as she hopped off the boulder, rummaging through a bag she'd left beside it, keeping still. The best course of action seem to be observing for now... attempt to bind her too soon and she may get away, or attack... with the very little he knew of this creature the utmost caution was paramount.

To Victor's surprise and confusion, the oddity of a girl suddenly began trudging through the forest in the opposite direction from where he was hiding, still seeming utterly oblivious of his presence. He had no choice but to follow or risk losing her trail for good. She was fast, and as Victor moved through the trees as stealthily as he could, he had trouble keeping up with her. He was growing more and more desperate... they were heading in the direction of civilization, which was very bad. The number one rule of the Hunter's code is to take every precaution not to endanger civilians while on the hunt. Even though the creature was moving towards the town of her own accord, there'd be very bad consequences for Viktor if the monster harms a civilian now that he was on her trail.

She still seemed oblivious of his presence, and was moving directly in front him... in Victor's mind it seemed as though he had to act now... it was risky but he couldn't afford to hesitate much longer. Raising his pistol and aiming at the middle of the girl's back, he pulled the trigger, and the Binding bullet sped towards her as she made her way through the forest. If it hit her, the impact would most likely make her lose her balance and fall forwards, as well as limit her supernatural abilities and render her unable to harm him. if it missed, he'd most likely had blon his cover. Time seemed to slow to a crawl as he waited to see whether his actions had the intended effect.

@Ally

Dolly never heard the sounds of his footsteps. Her senses and thought were focused only forward. Town people the lights and sounds. She couldn’t wait to experience it finally. There within moments she could see a house through the trees and her heart thumped in her chest. It did it once more it was so loud it confused her. No the sound came from behind, her head turned, a gun shot? She didn’t have reflexes fast enough to dodge it to even truly comprehend what was happening.

Then it hit her physically and mentally. It was a gun and now the bullet was in her back. She fell forward sliding a little in the fall trees, twigs and soft earth. Her body felt frozen in time for a few seconds before she remembered bullets don’t affect her. I must be a cop that found her. Damn it. The muscles in her arms began to tense as she attempted to push off against the ground. Except she couldn’t. “What’s happening!? Why can’t I move” Maybe she was just freaking out to much, breath, her chest drew in breath and then exhaled it. One Two three deep breaths and then came the pain. Like a wave that radiated from where she was hit.

“It hurts!” she shouted out loud in surprise and then she started to laugh. Even though it hurt more to do so. She had never felt pain like this before not unless the doctor wanted her to of course. Why though who shot her? How did they follow her so far? What weapon would be able to make her feel this way? Her eyes moved to the corners trying to get a glimpse of the attacker. “Who…..why?”

Victor exhaled deeply once he saw the impact, realizing he was holding his breath since the moment he pulled the trigger. The binding was successful. He could tell by the difference in Dolly's Presence, or in layman's terms, the sensation trigger by his hunter's sense when near her. The sharp pain in his forehead was thankfully replaced by a slight feeling of anxiety that increases the farther away he is from his bound target. The bullet began to gradually disintegrate and disappear without a trace over the next few hours, effectively finalizing the binding spell. Victor lowered his gun, sliding it into the holster at his hip underneath his cloak. He began cautiously approaching Dolly, assessing how to be as gentle as possible with her whilst also assuring that she can't escape. Most of his fellow hunters thought him soft for the way he handled capture missions, but they wouldn't understand.

As Dolly let out a cry of pain from the binding spell forcing her not to act in self defense, Victor stopped in his tracks and cringed. Taking a deep breath, he reminded himself that this girl was dangerous, and not wholly innocent as far as he knew. It didn't exactly ease his guilt, but it kept him moving as he stepped up to Dolly's prone form. As her panicked voice cried out demanding answers, Victor forced himself to assume a stern, cold tone of voice as he spoke up, meeting her fearful gaze with a neutral expression.. "Who I am is not important. What is is that you listen to my words. This pain you feel is a side effect of Binding your abilities. As long as you don't act with intent to harm or escape, it will subside, and you can move freely. I will not harm you as long as you do what I say. Now, stand up."

Viktor stood with his arms crossed to see what Dolly would do. As he had mentioned, if she tried to stand with no intent of attacking him or running away, then she'd be able to do so, pain free. However, Victor had a feeling she had to try for herself to believe it, and so found himself slightly averting his gaze, keeping her just enough in sight to remain cautious, so as to avoid seeing her writhe in pain if she tried anything.

She had started to calm down hearing his voice and looked up towards him. She had never seen someone so handsome before. This reddened her cheeks a bit as every word he spoke now mumbled in the amazement of his looks. The only thing she did hear was him telling her to get up. For whatever reason unknown to her the pain stopped and she was almost positive she wasn’t even bleeding from this bizarre gunshot.

She stood up, surely to his surprise easily, no pain came to her. She had no thought or even instinct to kill this stranger. “I can guess” a smile formed on her thin lips, her voice now calm was soft and had a slight melody to it much like the angels or sirens of this world. Except she didn’t have to sing, it’s possible she had the ability to seduce and trance if she did she wouldn’t know about it.

“You are here to take me back aren’t you? Or perhaps because of that girl? Though if that was the reason you would have killed me already” she sighed seemingly accepting her capture far too easily. “I never made it to town”. She faced away to the direction of the town her free hand now slipping to the bag. “Would….um…” looking make to him through the corners of her eyes. “Well maybe a last request…the town…I would like to see it up close. Could we go there before I have to go back to him?” during her question her body and head had turn to face him. Despite his attractiveness he was running her dreams, taking back the freedom she fought so hard to get. This man was a monster to her.

Victor was surprised as the girl silently looked up at him, not a fearful look in her eyes but... something else, he couldn't quite place it. Even more startlingly, she calmly rose to her feet the next instant. Her calm voice only added to his confusion as she spoke, her words seeming to convey something very different from the tone of her voice. Being close enough to take in her appearance, he was astonished at how hauntingly beautiful she seemed, her scars and stitchings not doing much to detract from that. Realizing she may have means of manipulating him comparable to that of Angels or Sirens, he refocused himself on her words, and simultaneously how he was going to go about completing this mission. Despite the caution and distrust these thoughts placed in Victor's mind, he couldn't help but feel as though she was very different from every other creature he's encountered on the job. Come to think of it, the client revealed even less information about himself than he did of Dolly. His intentions in reclaiming her may be far worse than hers of escaping... the fact that she was giving every indication of total surrender, much sooner than he'd ever expect, planted yet more doubt in Victor's mind that carrying out this mission to the letter was the right thing to do...

Sighing, Victor looked her in the eyes as she turned to face him, and spoke. 'I... suppose I can grant you that. The location I'm required to take you to is past the town anyway." Victor couldn't see the harm in it now that Dolly was physically incapable of harming the townsfolk. "Come on, let's go. Stay in my sight at all times." As he trudged towards to the town, allowing Dolly to walk just in front of him, but not stray too far, Victor became lost in his own thoughts. 'I suppose this is the least I can do, if going back is truly such a terrible prospect for her... that begs the question why she seems to fear this man so much, the one I am to bring her back to... come to think of it, this whole situation screams 'illegal genetic experiment'. It's likely she's the true victim here... I wonder what she'd tell me if i simply asked....'

Suddenly speaking up in Dolly's direction amidst the otherwise silent walk towards the town, Victor's tone was even and inquisitive, with some genuine worry leaking through. He wondered if she caught that sympathetic undertone as he spoke. "I fully understand if you refuse to answer, but I was wondering something before I take you back... This man you speak so fearfully of, did he torture you? Experiment on you? Perhaps even create you? Why do you fear him so? I'm asking because... I was only given small pieces of information when I took the job... I'm not so sure If I am doing the right thing anymore..." Internally cursing at himself for speaking so vulnerably, as there was still a chance that Dolly had an emotion influencing ability of some sort, he felt nonetheless relieved that he brought himself to ask. He waited for a response before continuing to escort her into town.

Her eyes widened with excitement when he agreed for them to go to the city. Her feet moved so quickly under her she practically tripped, but the joy she was feeling overcame her and kept moving like it was nothing. Both of her hands held her bag behind her as she walked through the woods. The green and golden eyes sparkling within the strips of sunlight through the trees. When he asked her that question she stopped and looked up at the sky.

“Torture? Well I suppose torture would be very different. I mean that I feel little to no pain for mortal wounds. The doctor has often opened up my arms or legs, cut them off, took out my eyes to test how far my abilities go, what I can replace versus how long it takes for the new parts to be fully functional. The eyes hurt a little and for some reason my fingers or toes. I don’t really know what the doctor did if I was created or maybe born with this ability.”

Looking back to him with an innocent smile before she started walking again. “The doctor probably wanted to catch me as soon as possible that’s why he didn’t give you any explanation of me.” She didn’t know about illegal genetic creations. “I left not because he was hurting me….because…because….well…I…I wanted to see the town. The people. I only know about things from textbooks and movies. The doctor loves me…well he tells me he does.” She rolled up her sleeve showing the same stitches on the back of her arm. “That’s why I have satin threads to make me pretty” She blushed some realizing she had said maybe too much. She couldn’t help it though she wasn’t well aware of what was appropriate for conversation or what was supposed to be a secret.

He was the first person she was able to talk to that wasn’t the doctor, or the girl she had killed. Would she get punished for telling him all of that? The doctor had punished her before and she didn’t like it. Being tied into a coffin for a couple of days. Depriving her of anything. “So are you a human?” Turning the attention onto him. “I’ve heard of hunters but I’ve never seen one before, not even in a movie. What was the gun you shot me with? I feel a lot differently than I did beforehand.

@DergTheDergon

Victor was surprised and perplexed by Dolly's carefree mannerisms, seeming to derive so much pleasure and pure joy simply from being allowed to walk through town, despite where she'd ultimately be going. Victor felt a pang of guilt as he thought of this, deep down knowing something about this mission unsettled him deeply. The girl seemed so innocent... then again, "innocence" is the greatest weapon of Sirens and Angels, whose intentions are rarely kind and just.... or so he'd gathered from his limited encounters with those beautiful, yet deadly beings. There was still something vastly different about dolly compared to creatures of that sort, though... they rarely had such an air of youthful naivete about them.

He strayed from this line of thought as Dolly spoke up, answering his questions in her peculiar, colorful way. Victor found himself cringing at her carefree description of being mutilated, and used as a vessel to test regeneration from the sounds of it. If she was telling complete, unguarded truth, this would all but confirm Victor's suspicions of this "Doctor" she was referring to. He seemed to have bestowed in her such carefree naivete himself, probably to keep her obedient, if the way she spoke of him was any indication. He felt a deep pit of disgust rising within his stomach as she continued to speak... the delusions the Doctor seemed to have bestowed upon her were disgusting... that was very, very far from love by VIctor's perspective, the way it sounded like he treated her. "I... see." He finally replied. "I think I understand your standing in all of this a bitter better now... assuming you're telling me the truth."

Willing these thoughts to fade into the back of his mind as she asked a series of peculiar, yet understandable questions of him, Victor thought in silence for a moment before answering. "I was human until I became a Hunter, but for the purpose of hunting supernatural beings we're given a few genetic enhancements. I have faster reflexes than the average human, my eyes are modified so I can see as clearly in the dark as any nocturnal animal could, can hold my breath far longer, and am highly resistant to many types of poisons, among other things. I highly doubt my capabilities are as far-reaching as your's though... I can't regenerate limbs, for instance." His eyes widened, a bit shocked that he'd told her that last little detail... as innocent as Dolly seemed, Victor was trying to err on the side of caution while speaking to her. he decided to answer her next question instead of dwelling on it, though.

"The gun is... a safety precaution, for both you and myself. Notice how you could only stand up when I'd revealed myself and explained? There was a spell in the bullet, that only I can free you from, that will cause you to freeze up like that every time you begin to act with intent to harm anyone, or escape from me. It's quite the drastic measure, but I've only survived this long by taking drastic measures." At about this time, the two had reached the town. Thankfully, the streets were empty due to how late it was, and that it was quite a small town to begin with. "So, here it is," he began. "Have a good look while you can... we'll just be passing through." Part of him was now considering not taking Dolly to the Doctor's estate now, as crazy as that seemed to the rational voice in his head. He decided upon heading there for now, and having a look around the place, trying to meet this Doctor himself before coming to his final decision. In Victor's mind, it was a question of what was most important to him: Keeping his career and good reputation as a hunter, or obeying his conscience... not forcing Dolly to go back to the place she'd been unwillingly trapped in all her life, or so it seemed from what she told him. He looked to Dolly and observed her behavior as the pair trudged through town, curious to see what she thought of civilization, having not likely seen it very much in her lifetime.

Every last word he said disappeared as they entered the town. She would be able to recall it of course since she was listening but the town excited her. Its presences was overwhelming. Moving to a shop window for what seemed to be a baker. “Look at all those treats!” both hands on the glass her bag falling to the ground. It wasn’t hers but she was planning on keeping it as a keepsake when she got back. Something to look at to feel, something that held her memory of the day she spent outside. However she was too enthralled by the sight to have any thoughts about it.

They were walking down the main street so it was lined with various shops and each window showed her enough to marvel at what was held inside. She was used to seeing the world through glass after all. “Look at these dresses” passing a seamstress’s shop. Up ahead was even a pet store this excited her too much. Her actions, tones, and excitement had child written all over them. Dolly was an innocent being even murdering the girl in her mind was simply her needing to replace the eye that was lost.

Looking back to him with a bright smile then dolly ran off. Not intentionally she saw something up ahead that had caught her eye. She must have gone too far from his “range” because the next thing dolly saw was the cobblestone street. Her body had fallen to the ground with stinging sensations through her body and limbs. “Hunter….I... wasn’t trying to run from you” weakly stating her innocence, up ahead was a bookstore that she so desperately wanted to go to. It wasn’t open but every ounce inside wanted to go inside and get one, two a whole bunch to take home. “The bookstore….can’t we go in.” As he got closer the frozen limbs began to come alive again. “There’s a book….the doctor told me I was named after it….but he wouldn’t gift it to me.” Tears brimmed the eyes as the will to even get out seemed to disappear as her eyes remained on the closed bookstore. At the thought of it just an arm’s length away and not able to attain it. This was the life of the being created, living through books and windows. “Please” dolly begged painfully finally pushing her arms off the cobble.

Victor observed the girl curiously as she went about town, eyes full of wonder. She seemed so caught up in her explorations of this quant little place that she seemed to pay no mind to his explanations. This was strange and a little off-putting to Victor since she had asked the questions in the first place, but it didn't bother him too much. To be honest, he was kind of glad that line of conversation was over... he could be the silent observer of Dolly's excitement and wonder for a short while, instead of her captor... the one who was taking her back to the place she ran away from.

As Dolly ran up to various shop windows, Viktor began to speak up and warn her not to do anything rash, before realizing each time that all she wanted was to look through the windows. It almost saddened Victor to realize how starved of new and different experiences this girl must be, to be so enthralled by such simple everyday things like a small child, although she was physically a young woman in appearance. It also partly warmed his heart... he was entirely torn on how to feel as he observed Dolly's enthusiastic exploration of this unremarkable little town.... well, unremarkable to his eyes, at least.

Suddenly, Dolly bolted off. He called after her, "Where are you going? Stop or you'll-" Watching her collapse to the ground, Victor sighed heavily. "-Trigger the binding spell." Trudging up to her prone form, he listened to her hasty explanation and began to reassure her it's fine and bid her to move on. Before he could say a word though, Dolly made clear her true reason for running, obvious desperation in her voice. Victor looked to the bookstore, and shook his head. "I'm sorry but it's clo-" he began to say, simply cut off by further pleading. It seems that she was truly expecting him to help her break into the place and steal from it, but her intentions seemed honestly pure. As good as Angels and Sirens are at acting innocent and kin, there was something about this girl that was far more convincing... she just couldn't be trying to deceive him at all. His genetic enhancements and training help guard against the effects of mind-altering abilities, so if she was capable of them Victor would know if she was using them... and she wasn't. He remained silent for a while, not sure what to do. It seemed she wouldn't budge unless he helped her, and the last thing he'd want is to be forceful with her. As much as he felt helping her with this was an awful idea, he almost felt like he couldn't forgive himself if he didn,'t.

Victor finally sighed and helped Dolly get up by holding out his hand, if she accepted it that is. Once she was standing, he looked into her pleading eyes and sighed, knowing he was being manipulated. Regardless, if she had any true malicious intent in doing so, or if manipulating him was even intentional, she was very, very good at hiding those facts... better than Angels and Sirens, somehow. He spoke up after coming to terms with this, his tone rather ashamed, but also very kind. "Under normal circumstances I would refuse, but... I just can't bring myself to take you back without at least granting you this." His tone then became quite stern, trying to convey the gravity of this situation. 'But, you must try to remain quiet, stay by me, and do what I say. Come with me." He began circling the building looking for a back door to the bookshop, still in disbelief he was about to break into it, but shaking the thoughts off. Once he found the back door, he dug in the pockets inside his cloak and pulled out a small clasped metal ox, and opened it, revealing the lockpicks contained within. Hunters are trained to use them and are exempt from the punishments for breaking several laws, breaking and entering included, on the job. Viktor just hoped he didn't get caught, and if he was, he'd be able to come up with a convincing yarn to weave for the police.

Viktor knelt down in front of the door, whispering for dolly to stay quiet and still as hard as that must be for her right now. and deftly picked the lock. Slowly easing the door open, he took out a flashlight from inside his cloak and switched it on, shing it inside. He had a feeling Dolly would all but sprint inside, so he poised himself to quickly follow her and close the door behind them as quietly as possible. The very first opportunity he saw to somehow capture Dolly's attention, he would quietly whisper to her that she should find the books she wanted, but no more then can fit in the backpack of hers, then they'd leave.

@Ally

She did in fact take his hand in hers to stand. It was as soft as the satin in her stitches making even harder to believe that it had dug into the skull of the school girl to retrieve the golden eye. Following close behind him as they snuck around back and nodding at every word he spoke. Containing the explosions of excitement best she could. What helped was her amazement as she watched him picking the lock. Her breath right along his ear, eyes fixed to study his actions. “If I see you again teach me okay” her words felt like feathers falling down his rim of his ear and the back of his neck. She could feel her hand on his shoulder gripping it encouraging him to complete his masterful art work. Once he did she resisted every urge to run inside in fear lf activating the spell again.

Her eyes widened once inside though with the help of the flashlight she started to look. After a few minutes of gathering books that she would have to pick and choose from she froze. “Here it is, Frankenstein”. Putting her pile on the shelf so both of her hands could examine the book she dreamt of. Dolly stared in disbelief almost at first her slender finger running over the title and down the spine. “I was named after it… mostly…. Dolly…. The first animal to be cloned…a sheep they used somatic cells from a mammary gland… my last name Godwin…. Mary Wollstonecraft Godwin… is the author. Of course that was her maiden name before Mary shelly.”

She turned to him with genuine tears threatening to fall past the brim of her eyes. “I’ve wanted to read her work since I learned about it. To read about me” the book held tightly to her chest as if to hug something precious. It indeed was precious to her as much as seeing the world was. The doctor would take it away though as soon as the hunter left with his pay. She would never see him again, see these streets, the book. She was sure she wouldn’t even get the privilege of her window either. That’s when she made up her mind in being forced to read it as they walked back. Once she put a handful of others in the bag she made her way to the counter, leaving all the money in the Waller and a note that simply said thank you.

Taking in one last look at the whole store still clutching Frankenstein to her chest she bid the shop farewell. “thank you hunter, you have truly made this the best day I have ever had. Perhaps with you convincing the doctor of how good I’ve been the doctor will take me on trips”. A small laugh rolled out of her lips as they once again strolled down the cobblestone streets. “you’ve already done so much for me its strange really. I was always told hunters where even more terrifying than monsters. But you… you aren’t a monster, not even mean, I must have been lucky to have you answer his ad”

Opening the books her eyes now glued to the pages. Walking extra carefully now that they weren’t paying attention to what was ahead. “when I had came to life the first thing the doctor did was hand me a book to read, a children’s book , to test my capability. I had read Rainbow fish… have you ever heard of it. It was about this beautiful fish that had all these shinny scales but was lonely. Once he gave his scales to his friends he wasn’t as pretty but happy to be surrounded. I always told that a bunch of rainbow fish had given me one scale each. That I was the most beautiful fish in this world. That’s why I had to be kept inside. The doctor didn’t want anyone to steal my scales. But he gave me book after book, fiction nonfiction, history, science, and even comics. He said if I read them I would never need to leave that they would bring me to any world I wanted. They did until one day from my window I saw something, a party, people where dancing and laughing in the fields that lead to the mansion. That’s when I realized I couldn’t feel the wind, to dance, laugh, roll in the grass even. I could only watch or read from my window.....my tank. Yesterday I talked myself into leaving and I’m so happy I did. I’ll be forever happy in my home with these books, and when I read them ill think lf you”

Perhaps it was more sentimental than she realized but she didn’t know how else to explain her gratitude for this hunter. Even if they were confiscated she would always remember the felling and smell of them that would be enough.

@DergTheDergon

Last edited by a moderator:
As Viktor began picking the lock, he saw out of the corner of one of his eyes that Dolly coming in very closely behind him, seeming to be amazed by this particular skill of his. He found himself momentarily distracted, his hands stopping thier motion for a second as she unexpectedly whispered in his ear, her hand simultaneously resting on his shoulder and squeezing a little. Her voice and breath sounded and felt so pleasant to him, that he simply could not bring himself to refuse her request, although he'd rather not be responsible for teaching such a naive young being with such remarkable abilities something so unsavory. There was no guarantee they'd see each other again to begin with... this line of thought saddened Viktor, so he quietly replied before thinking it through anymore. "I'll.. consider it," was what he finally decided on saying. Once the initial surprise of Dolly's actions had faded, Victor found her grip upon his shoulder to be encouraging, helping him to focus until he finally heard the barely audible click of the lock that signaled his success.

Once inside the store, Viktor quietly followed Dolly around with the flashlight, finding it quite the task to keep up with her as she rushed around, grabbing book after book. He was about to speak up and remind her that she couldn't take all of those, when he noticed her stop in her tracks and set her growing pile of literature down to retrieve one solitary book from its shelf. He listened as she spoke up, revealing why it meant so much to her to find this one book. Victor had of course read Frankenstein, he loved those sorts of stories as a child... it nonetheless unsettled him that Doctor Frankenstein seemed to have served as great inspiration for the man that created Dolly... it shed quite a bit of light on how the man seemed to think, and he felt himself all the more conflicted with bringing dolly back to him. Her first name also made a lot of sense to Viktor, for if she was truly a genetically engineered human being, the Doctor would have no doubt expanded on the very experiment that jumpstarted the field of Genetic Engineering, centuries ago now. Victor couldn't help but smile at how much joy the book seemed to give her. His smile only widened as he saw her place every cent she had upon the counter. Victor was a bit worried about where she could've possible gotten the money, but every fiber of her being suggests that she was all but incapable of intending harm on anyone... she even spoke of the Doctor reverently at times, despite her fear. Deciding to push the thoughts aside, he decided to add some of his own money to thee pile, hoping thier combined funds would be enough to replace the owner's missing merchandise.

As the two snuck out the way they came and began heading out of town, Viktor listened intently to Dolly's words as he watched for the police, relieved when he confirmed the coast to be clear. He smiled a little at Dolly's heartfelt apology, his smiled fading into a slight frown as she mentioned the doctor again. Everything seems to be indicating that the doctor would not be so kind as to do that not matter what Victor told him, since she'd escaped. "You're welcome... perhaps he will." Was all Victor could bring himself to say in reply. Dolly then spoke up once more, which caused him to laugh a little despite himself. 'Yes, well... we hunters don't have much better reputations than the monsters we hunt, I'll admit...that's why I'm trying to change that. I'm very grateful to have done what I have for you, anyway... I became a Hunter to protect pure souls like yours..."

Victor had fallen silent for a short while, glancing over to Dolly as she was absorbed every now and then while he ensured he was careful enough for her to follow him like so without incident. Suddenly, she spoke up once more. Her words were unexpected, and caused him to stop in his tracks to listen intently. He was surprised she was divulging so much information to him.... if everything she was saying was true, it all but confirmed that this "Doctor" that created Dolly was both committing the strictly forbidden practice of human cloning, and was perhaps the real monster in this situation. For a short while, he reminded silent, deep in thought, trying to decide the best course of action from here. He decided his plan would stay the same for now... arrive there first, try to confirm with his eyes that Dolly's story was true, and if so, try and find evidence to shut him down for good, and bring it to the right authorities.

Having decided on his plan, he looked to Dolly and spoke up. "Forgive me if this is an odd-sounding question Dolly, but... if I could free you from the Doctor's clutches, would you want that?" Whatever her answer, Victor would continue walking, by now nearing the Doctor's estate which he could now barely make out in the distance.

Now she was the one that stopped at his last question. “Free me from the doctor?” How would she leave for good? In reality she wouldn’t last a week outside of her home. Her stitches are too hard to hide, if she loses a limb shed have to replace it. She didn’t know anything about actually living amongst people. “No I’m okay with the doctor. After all without him I wouldn’t be around at all right” Smiling brightly back to him as she started walking again. The field she had mentioned appeared with a field of flowers just out front of the tall walls of the mansion.

The mansion itself looked like it should. Big naturally colored, up kept, and poised with cameras even. It was a wonder how she even escaped without him spotting her. She had nothing else to say to the hunter. So the rest of the trip she had been glued to the book. It took such a long time to cross the field just to get to the mansion she was able to get at least halfway before feeling dizzy. Deciding it would be best to stop at the point that she did and make up her own ideas, in case she couldn’t finish.

At the entrance the gate opened on its own as they approached and walked through. Inside was well decorated and furnished with even a maid in the distance cleaning. Dolly smiled some and pointed at the top of the grand staircase. “My first time walking down these stairs I fell my arm got tangled in the banister and it tore right from my socket.” She laughed some and rubbed her left shoulder. “I reattached it of course but I swear every time I have to walk on them my shoulder hurts” Her smile played on her lips up until he came in. Standing up straight looking nowhere but ahead of her. The doctor was about 5 and half feet tall, even dolly was a little taller. Despite his height he was fairly attractive with his slim yet rounded features giving him the appearance of someone much younger than he actually was. Bright blue eyes with short dirty blonde hair the only flaw he seemed to have was the permanent scowl glued to his face. His eyes went up to dolly with the corner of his lips curling up, his hands slipped without permission to the back of her thigh fingering the satin stitches. “I was so worried about you. How could you go off like that?”

Before letting her respond he looked to the hunter and snapped his fingers once they left the warm skin of his creation. A maid walked up holding a silver tray and a bag of his payment. “Thank you hunter, come dolly its time for bed.” “Yes of course doctor” she looked back to the hunter for a moment and nodded her thank you. The hunter was simply thanks and that was it? She thought there was no pleasantries, no dinner or light conversation. She knew by the way he doctor claimed her in front of him she was not going to bed anytime soon. He would have her punished tonight probably be doing it mostly himself. He couldn’t wait to start either, she guess. That’s why he was so curt and eager to get her alone. Before they left the grand entrance however the doctor took off the bag and handed it to a maid. “Get rid of this and set out a set of her normal clothes, this outfit disgusts me” the maid nodded and turned on her heel. The doctor seemed so confident that he didn’t care if the hunter heard or not. Why would the hunter care after all he was just a peasants begging for money.

As Victor drew closer to the Doctor's mansion, dolly close behind with her face still buried in Frankenstein, he had this uneasy, anxious feeling suddenly come over him. He had a bad feeling about this place, or more specifically his own. Victor was determined, yet slightly afraid, to find out what the Doctor was doing. It was Ironic in Victor's perspective: he was nearly fearless when it came to dealing with vampires, werewolves, the undead and all sorts of other terrifying beasts, so much so that he was surprised by his own trepidation as he approached the mansion. As they got closer and closer, the feeling grew, and try as he might Victor couldn't think of a clear reason why... he just knew his genetic enhancements warned him with such sensations when something unnatural was near. The Doc may have other experiments... all the more reason to have a serious chat with the man, perhaps conduct an investigation afterwards.

As they reached the gate and walked through, Victor glanced around nonchalantly before his attention came to rest on Dolly as she spoke. A nervous laugh was his only reaction, he didn't really know what else to say. He was initially taken aback by Dolly's carefree attitude about losing limbs, but he figured she must be used to it by now... which begs the question, what kind of man is this Doctor, and has he caused Dolly to suffer as much as it seemed? Victor wasn't sure he wanted to know the answer, but he was about to find out anyway as the man himself began trudging down the grand staircase before Victor's eyes, Dolly's carefree smile immediately fading as she snapped to attention.

The Doctor was a rather short and stocky man, Viktor all but towered over him with his six-foot-zero height. Victor wondered if the man's displeased expression was there because of Dolly's actions or if he was always that way.. but these thoughts were almost immediately pushed to the back of his mind when the Doctor approached Dolly and immediately began to cop a feel of one of Dolly's upper thighs. All Victor could do was scowl in disgust towards the man, and to Victor's distaste the Doctor seemed to pay it no mind at all. Once he was done scolding and guilt-tripping poor dolly, he simply snapped his fingers to have his maid bring Victor's payment, and in the very same sentence turned to Dolly and ordered her to come inside. Victor checked to see if the money was all thee, and satisfied put it away in his pockets for the time being. Little did the Doctor, or Dolly for that matter, know, Victor wasn't done here... he wasn't about to leave just like that.

The man's utter lack of respect and proper etiquette was not even what put Victor off the most... it was the obvious fact that he was extremely hasty in sending him away, as well as his maid, leaving Dolly to be alone with him. He shamelessly barked orders and showed his rudest side in front of a man who was trained and licensed to kill, carefree in his ignorance and overconfidence. Victor forced his expression to remain neutral, respectfully stating "You're very welcome, sir," before turning to Dolly and returning her nod with a smile. Almost without realizing it, Victor's expression as he looked at her turned to one of sympathy... he felt sorry for her, as Victor could already tell that the Doctor was even worse then Dolly had made him sound earlier. Victor left it there for now, watched for a moment as the doctor trudged back inside his mansion, Dolly dutifully following. Once he was out of sight however, Victor couldn't help but scoff in distaste. That man has no idea who he's dealing with, does he? He just gave me explicit evidence to do whatever I please here and get away with it. Short of killing or maiming anyone, I can break any law in the book to get evidence of the crimes I suspect he committed.

Hunters have a second part of thier job description that many seem to forget about; they're expected to keep the balance of the natural and supernatural, which includes investigating and taking steps to reverse any illegal activity related to the supernatural... or, full genetic human alteration, in this case. Research into this subject was banned years ago, and it's a capital crime to modify a living human being to the extent the Doctor has done to Dolly. All Victor has to do is find a way to investigate stealthily... much, much easier said than done, given the apparent security measures in the courtyard alone, but Victor believed he could pull it off if he was careful.

As the maid walked away with Dolly's backpack, Victor made it look as if he was leaving, stepping out of the gate and putting his back to one of the iron bars. As expected, the gate began closing, but in a bold, and in retrospect perhaps rather unwise, course of action, Victor olled in back through the gate just as it was closing. His original plan was find a a way around, but Victor found his sense of urgency for exposing the Doctor's evil ways much more prominent than using utmost stealth. Besides, the cameras weren't even pointing at the gate anymore, instead giving victor enough time to hide himself behind a tall hedge near the entrance as he decided his next course of action. Even the security guards were cocky here... they'd regret thier carelessness as much as the doctor would, if Victor had anything to say about it. Victor spotted the maid coming back from where she had taken Dolly's backpack, and looking past her as he crouched behind the hedge and peeked around the side, he spotted a large dumpster. Victor made note that that was most likely where Dolly's backpack was. It may be a little smelly and dirty when he retrieved it, but if he ended up freeing Dolly from here he'd make sure to retrieve it for her. He doubt she'd mind, as long as she had those books she was so excited to read before.

Once the maid had headed back inside, Victor began cautiously moving through the grounds, striking out a side or back entrance of any sort to the mansion. He pulled out his right pistol in order to shoot any particularly problematic security cameras, attaching a silencer for discretion. Here was Victor's plan: Find a way in, find where the Doctor is keeping Dolly and hopefully sneak in unnoticed once the Doctor himself retired for the night. Hopefully, he'd find evidence that confirms the Doctor's illegal activity as well as being able to free Dolly. He stopped in his tracks once he realized he had already set his sights on freeing her when she seemed so content to stay here... hopefully, he'd find a way to help her see reason once he found her. Victor just couldn't bring himself to leave her here, when both he and Dolly knew she could have such a better life elsewhere. Victor had made up his mind, and so he proceeded cautiously making his way through, finding a small door near the back of the mansion and lock picking his way in.

@Ally

It was fairly late at night when he had brought dolly home so a lot of the mansion was already settled in for the night. Except the very top. The roof had a small circular window and from the light shadows passed by it. Casual at first and then they grew increasingly violent. The doctors voice being heard now and then as he grew louder and louder scolding dolly. Every other light in the mansion turning off, maid’s butler’s even guards turning their heads at the all too familiar scene that was going to happen. Dolly was at the window now her back pressed against it. Only seeing her middle back it was obvious she was at least half naked with only a bra to cover anything.

The inaudible argument between the two led to her getting pulled by the strands of her hair away from view again. Then everything was silent, even the grasshoppers started to sing again. Dolly was wrong for leaving she knew that but she wanted her books. They weren’t doing anything harmful that was all she asked for, all she begged. The doctor didn’t want to hear it though she had ran away and for that needed to be punished.

He had her tied down to the cold hard metal table wearing only a bra and her underwear. Taking out a black satin rolled up cloth from the drawer, he placed it on the table. “This golden eye why has it not changed?” Dolly looked to him. “I think the hunter….his bullet stopped my ability so I guess it’s stuck that way now. The doctor growled and unrolled the cloth, a variety of tools were tucked inside. Tools surgeons would use right down to a bone saw. “Well that hunter is gone now and it’s a good thing I have replacements.” “But I like this eye…and the different colors.” Protested dolly only to be silenced with his hand over her mouth.

“My dear sweet dolly you aren’t perfect….hideous even. Do you want to be hideous?” he removed a small scalpel from his cloth and made a small incision on the top of her eyelid. But something distracted him an alarm from one of his security cameras. When he got up to look he saw nothing but assumed it was his weariness. “I will fix it tomorrow.” Walking back to him he took out a needle and thread and literally sowed her mouth shut. “Think about what you’ve done tonight. No books to read or imaginary people to talk to. She could easily open her mouth and simply rip her lips apart but it was bloody and particularly painful. She would simply have to wait until morning for him to cut the stiches and release them. Of course the adrenaline he pumped into would keep her awake through the night staring at nothing but darkness. He smiled at his work and kissed her lips as his, despite height, long slender fingers grazed up her stomach between her breasts and along the stitches along her shoulder.

“Good night my Dolly” She was his of course she knew that. Every bit of her DNA constructed specifically. He then left her side and turned off the lights as her left. The window now dark as most of the house except the stairway that revealed the doctor opening the door to his own room and disappearing inside. The mansion itself seemed to be impenetrable except for a little an area in the foundation that was cracked. Strange for the perfect house to have these minor cracks in one area. On the ground drag marks from where dolly pulled herself out even a few strands of her hair stuck in the crack from when she places the piece of wall back in its proper place. Inside this part of the hole it was pitch black room that was about five feet from the ground. The basement however this basement was full from the ceiling to the floor of shelves stocked with body parts. Human, vampire, werewolf, siren, angels and even beasts.

@DergTheDergon

As Viktor made his way through the grounds of the Doctor's estate as stealthily as he could, he kept an eye out for any entrances he could see. Poking his hood-covered head out over the top of a hedge, Viktor's eyes scanned up and along one of the mansion's walls for any open windows. Of course there weren't any... instead, moving shadows from inside one of the windows caught his eye. Viktor's eyes widened and his face distorted in disgust as well as guilt as he saw Dolly's mostly bare back pressed against the window, the Doctor's angry shadow looming over her angrily. 'I have to do something fast... I can't let another innocent young girl suffer because of my own goddamn mistakes!' Clenching his fists, Victor averted his eyes from the maddening scene in the window and set his sights back to finding a way into the mansion.

Finally, after moving along the hedges trying to find any way in that isn't the heavily-guarded front door, Victor spotted a small cracked area at the base of a section of wall. Squinting his eyes at this anomaly, he quietly moved closer to inspect it. On the ground directly in front of the cracks were two streaks in the dirt, seeming to be made by a pair of slender arms or legs... Dolly's perhaps? Could this be how she escaped earlier?! Spurred on by these thoughts,Victor touched the section of wall with both hands, realizing that it felt loose. He found himself smiling. 'How fitting that I come to help her leave this place for good the same way she escaped on her own' he thought, as he carefully pulled the section of wall out. The area within was pitch black, so he took out his flashlight and shone it through. There was an unmistakable stench of decay about this room, and when the beam of his flashlight shone upon the shelves against one wall, the source of the smell was self-evident. Covering his nose with part of his cloak, he marveled at the grisly sight for a few moments, moving the beam around to see shelf after shelf full of body parts from various sentient species. 'Damn, the Doctor sure is a piece of work. This is all the evidence I- wait. Is that... a werewolf's front leg, claw and all!? Yep, this bastard's going behind bars for a looong time if I can help it." Possessing the limbs and bodies of supernatural creatures is illegal for all but certified government researchers, which "the good doctor" here certainly is not.

Taking a deep breath of the fresh air outside, Victor then poked his head in to see if he could squeeze in before realizing that, obviously, this hole was meant for someone of significantly smaller stature to pass through. He thought he could manage without his rather bulky cloak on, so he removed the troublesome garment and tossed it inside the hole. Now cloakless, his meticulously combed crew-cut brown hair was revealed,as well as his underlying attire. Upon his chest was a rather ornate looking plate of armor, made of rare light and sturdy materials and designed to withstand everything from a gunshot to the powerful claws and teeth of any known monster. Underneath that was a plain red shirt the same color as his cloak, just below which was a belt fitted with pouches and loops to store miscellaneous tools of the Hunter's trade. An unremarkable pair of dark blue jeans and a similarly plain pair of black boots rounded out the young man's attire.

Clenching his flashlight in between his teeth so he could see, he took a deep breath while thinking 'here goes nothing' before crouching down and beginning to crawl through the hole in the basement wall. He barely managed not to fall flat on his face by ducking into a sideways roll once inside. Relieved that he hadn't made much noise with his less-than-stellar entrance, Victor pulled himself to his feet and dusted himself off, picking up his cloak and wiping a strange residue from it that it got from making contact with the floor, making a disgusted face. Deciding to push back thoughts of what that slimy goo could be, he sighed and pulled his cloak on regardless, not having a choice because of the useful tools within its pockets that he very well may need soon. Thankfully the sickly greenish-red stain was on the outside so as long as he was careful he couldn't be harmed by whatever the goop was. Since Victor needed to be stealthy he couldn't be shining his flashlight everywhere, so he put it away and pulled out a small vial with a strange blue liquid inside his cloak. It was a night-vision potion, which changed the shape of his Irises for a short while so he could see clearly in the dark. This potion worked because of his genetic enhancements, it would be poison to an unaltered human. Once his vision was suitably clear despite the dark, he pulled out a small camera from another of his many cloak pockets, closed his eyes and flashed a few pictures of the limb-lined shelves around him. he then put the camera away and took out a small jar and a pair of tweezers, pulling a small piece of flesh from one of the nearby monster limbs. Viktor now had crucial evidence of the Doctor's illegal research, and so he then picked the lock on the door at the top of the basement's stairs and slowly eased it open, looking around and seeing that the coast was clear.

Victor moved through the mansion as silently as he could, putting a bullet through every security camera that could spot him, hopefully before it did so. The place was dead silent, it seems even the guards had tucked in for the night. Victor wasn't exactly surprised, he doubted anyone before him was crazy enough to break in here. He got a little confused here and there, but his plan of taking every staircase up to the next floor worked for the most part. Being left to his own thoughts as he snuck through the place, his mind began to wander. 'Most of the other hunters would've stopped as soon as they had evidence, and ignored Dolly's fate entirely. You'd have to be some kind of monster to not be dying to help her.... oh, who am I kidding!? This is my own guilt talking... I'm not going to let Dolly share your fate, Christine... I promise.'

Finally, after a seeming eternity of navigating the mansion, Victor seemed to have reached the top floor. Scanning the door in the hallway, he recalled in his mind's eye where the window was that he had caught a glimpse of Dolly through earlier, and reasoned that its view must've been of the room and the other end of the hall. Cautiously sneaking down the hall, he reached the door in question and took a deep breath, barely managing to pick the lock and slowly ease the door open with shaking hands. Peering inside, a young girl stripped down to her undergarments was lying restrained upon a metal table... it had to be Dolly.She was hook up to an IV needle pumping something through her veins. Time seemed to slow to a crawl as Viktor cautiously approached, thinking of how to calm her if his appearance suddenly startled her. He'd made it this far, so all that could go wrong know was if either Dolly or himself made too much noise. He hadn't noticed the stitches holding her lips closed, as she hadn't turned to face him yet.

@Ally

Dolly was laying there for awhile her chest moving rapidly from the effects of the adrenaline. Trying to fight it she closed her eyes several times to only open them in disappointment. Damn it. She thought. I should of had the hunter stay.....the hunter I never got his name or suppose he told me and I wasn't listening. He was quite handsome just from his eyes alone. She calmed down holding on to the feeling of his hand, watching him pick the lock, and the way he seemed to look at her as if she was beautiful. She was probably imagining the last part. He was a hunter she was a monster to think of such a relationship was punishable.

Her books gone all she could do to feel happy at the moment was relish in the memories of every second up until she passed those gates. Her memories turned into dreams, the hunter and her sitting in a valley. Moonlight being thier on light source. His skin shining from it and his eyes breathtaking. She was sure she looked the same as they ate fruits and crackers and drank something sweet. It was a simple fantasy sure but she liked simple. Dolly felt the girls in books that always asked for more were spoiled. She had nothing but this metal table, some books and the doctor. Those girls would willow away if they were in her place.

More thoughts of the hunter came and when she heard the door she quickly erased them. As if the doctor would be able to see and then steal them all away. Her eyes flicked to the door and widened. It was him! It was her hunter by why. Never mind that she thought. He needs to leave if he gets caught the doctor will chop him to bits. Not knowing of his night vision her lips started to pull apart. Normally if it was daylight she would refrain from doing something so gory in front of someone. Bits of her flesh pulled from each side as her mouth flooded with her own blood. Turning her head facing the hunter even more but more importantly to drain the blood filling her mouth. More she forced her mouth open. By the time she did her small but puffy lips looked like mutilated zebra stripes. "Leave" whispering with must pain in her voice. "Quickly before....he comes" talking was even more excruciating while her lips were in this condition. "Don't turn on....on..the lights....just go already though, mainly do to the adrenaline, her lips began to slowly heal.

Victor's eyes widened with shock as Dolly turned towards him, her lips stitched up. He turned and gagged, nearly keeping himself from throwing up, as she forced her lips to move. Drawing blanks of what he could possibly say to her right now, how he'd get her to change her mind, he decided to first make it less painful for her to open her mouth. he approached her, shaking his head. He whispered back to her, "No. I'm not going to leave without you. Now please, hold still." If she remained still enough, Victor took a pair of scissors from the tools laid out on the satin cloth and carefully cut the thread so that she didn't have to endure such pain just to speak.

Next, he wordlessly moved to where her right leg was bound, untying the strap to free said limb, then repeating the process with her left leg, then her left arm, then her right arm, systematically circling the metal table. As he work at unbinding her, he ignored any further protests from her; both to avoid thinking about how painful it still must be for her to speak, and to avoid faltering. He wasn't going to allow her to willingly submit to the suffering the Doctor caused her anymore... he knew all too well what it was like to feel powerless, as if you can't control your own fate, and knew she must feel the same way. That is why he was making it his personal mission, right here and now, to rescue Dolly from this place, and teach her how to live out in the world, where so many endless joys and experiences awaited her young, naive self.

Viktor carefully, gently helped Dolly sit up by supporting her back with one arm as he gently pulled her right hand with his own left one, almost subconsciously taking a second to admire her mostly-exposed body as he did so. Ignore the stitches and her body was near perfect in Viktor's eyes, and even those did not really detract from how truly beautiful he found her. Once she was able to sit up on the edge of the table, Viktor looked into her eyes, his gaze more affectionate and hopeful than he was consciously aware of, and whispered softly in an encouraging tone. "I understand how you feel... but I'm giving you one last chance to experience the world, to not have to suffer all the time... please, come with me... I can handle myself, and navigate in the dark... I'll whisk you safely away from here if it's the last thing I do... Nod if you agree... please..."

It wasn’t hard to see the thoughts in his eyes at the sight of her lips. Still for a hunter he must have seen blood. Perhaps what the doctor does was even too gruesome for a hunter. Or perhaps this hunter is sensitive. Her body was pale due to lack of sun but not yet sickly white either. Skim smooth as the satin in her stitching flat belly thin limbs and small perky breaths that matched her figure perfectly. Of course she was perfect she was made to be. But to the doctors eyes not to his. Why would he want to take her, why look at her the way he is now while making promises of the world.

She thought of her memories, well more like fantasy of the meadow. Dolly and the hunter in the sun on the grass eating luxuries. That was all she needed to nod her eyes never leaving his until getting off of the table. Gracefully making her way to a small dresser and putting on some clothes. Long black pants matching boots with a dark green tang top and jacket. Whatever road they would be walking, no running on would be rocky. She needed to be dressed properly for it. Then she was at his side again her hand found his. If he accepted it her fingers would intertwine with his, if not she still held it for good measure.

Every fiber of her makeshift body screamed in disagreement, they belonged to the doctor not her fantasies or this hunter. She would risk everything stepping just into the hallway and even more off the grounds again. But dolly had to but all lf her trust into the stranger she already had. Dolly’s smile was grim and bloody but at least showing her enthusiasm to follow. Back downstairs they would go, through the basement and finally out of the wall. She pulled him towards the back of the house, it was where she snuck out before. Moving through a flower bed, hedges, and a pool to finally come across the wall that surrounded the house. Pointing at the cherry blossom her finger moved in the air tracing the branch that hung over the wall. She had climbed up and jumped down it was at least 15 Ft for the wall alone the branch another could of Ft above that. Any normal human would risk injuries jumping let alone of they jumped wrong. But dolly wasn’t a normal human barely even one. He wouldn’t have to fret over hurting her frail looking body.

@DergTheDergon

Victor found himself smiling as Dolly nodded to his request, eagerly standing up and getting dressed for thier journey away from here. Viktor didn't know what the future held for them, and he didn't know if he'd be able to explain his actions to his superiors... even if they understood, they would probably send Dolly back anyway.... they have a policy of not crossing thier clients no matter what kind of people they are. Part of Viktor was happy for the excuse to leave the guild, truth be told... he was tired of how they acted. Many of them were truly worse than the monsters they hunt. Viktor was brought out of this train of thought from the feeling of Dolly's soft hand grasping his. Although a bit surprised by the gesture, he happily allowed her to entwine her fingers with his. At least this way, he didn't have to tell her to stick close.

As Dolly led him through the mansion and back out the hole in the basement wall, Viktor kept his other hand firmly gripping his right-hand pistol, just in case they ran into a guard. Thankfully, they eventually made it to the final obstacle without any such encounters. As he looked up at the wall that now stood in the way of he and Dolly's new life, Viktor found himself extremely nervous... afraid, even, Not because of the heights, he's scaled taller walls than this in his time... rather, he knew that once he and Dolly were over this wall, there was no turning back. Viktor would be harboring a target for a capture mission, a highly punishable violation of the Hunter's code.... he and Dolly would most likely have to run from more than the Doctor. But, right now... he could care less about all that. He was putting Dolly's freedom and enjoyment of life before himself... it's what Christine would've wanted, he's sure of it.

Shaking these thoughts from his head, Viktor then asked how Dolly managed to get over it the first time. She would no doubt tell him that a fall like that was nothing to her. Still visibly worried for her, Vitkor decided to trust her judgement... she seemed unscathed when he found her in the woods, anyway. Taking a deep breath, he nodded and explained he had to take a much more cautious route, before taking out a rope from his cloak that was tied around a metal cylinder about the size and shape to perfectly be gripped in his hand. he press a button on one size of the cylinder and four hooks protrude out of it, turning it into a grappling hook. he stepped forward towards the wall and bid Dolly to stay back, before spinning the hook a couple of times than throwing it towards the top of the wall in a practiced motion, managing to hook it exactly where he wanted to. He began climbing, then once he reached the top he sat upon the ledge and began to pull up the rope. Once it's entirety was gathered, he hooked it onto the other side of the wall and dropped it down, then beginning to climb down.

Once he reached the bottom, Viktor waited for Dolly, or walked over to her, depending on if she was already safely down or not. They'd probably have to run to ensure they get away unnoticed. Just now, a sudden thought came to mind which caused his eyes to widen in surprise. "Forgive me Dolly, but I don't think I've told you my name yet. I'm Viktor." He smiled to her after finishing his proper introduction of himself. 'Regardless, we should get out of here... I'll try to keep up," he said with a slight chuckle. Dolly's physical stamina was impressive, perhaps even limitless. Scumbag or not, the Doctor must've been a genius to create her. With that, the two ran off into the woods, stopping only when the Doct's mansion no longer loomed in the distance.

@Ally

Dolly looked to him her lips were practically healed by now so when she formed a smile it wasn’t as ghastly as he could imagine. “Viktor? “ Giggling some before nodded her hand took his again. “I like that name it fits you.” Looking to the very small area of the mansion she could still see and then the woods. The doctor is going to mad so mad in fact he was going to hunt them, both of them. Her eyes widened with this realization. “Wait Viktor if you come with me…you’ll be hunted down. The doctor wont let you live after stealing me away” Her eyes met his. “I…..I can’t put you in danger like that. It’s not fair you’ve done nothing but help me. I will be a burden to you.”

Letting go of his hand and holding her own now before taking a step to him. Her soft lips pressed to his cheek suddenly. “Thank you for everything you’ve done. I cannot go any further with you now. I can not allow you to be hurt at my expense. Hopefully ill be able to repay all you’ve done one day though” She turned to the forest and started to walk to it without waiting for his response. So many things were going through her mind now.

Where will I go? My stitches are covered by clothes so that’s good I can walk into towns just fine. But no money even I know everything depends on money. Maybe a job. Will I have to keep running from town to town? Maybe my name I should change it. Dolly isn’t a normal name around her. All these thoughts and more flooded her head figuring out her new plan. A new hunter will come for her shell have to learn to defend herself this time. She wouldn’t even hear him if he called her at all. Being too distracted by everything to notice.

@DergTheDergon

Viktor smiled and looked into Dolly's eyes, laughing a little with her at her reaction to his name. "Yes, well... I'm glad you think so," he managed to say, a little flustered by her sudden giddiness. Suddenly, it looked as if a disturbing thought to came Dolly's mind, as her eyes widened in fear. Viktor listen to her explanation and shook his head. "I don't doubt it Dolly, but I can handle myself... you don't have to worry about me." His reassuring words were only met with further protest from her, saying that it isn't fair to him. She was so sweet for thinking that way... so preciously, astoundingly kind... which is exactly why he'd never leave her side. As she let go of his hand he hastily spoke up again. "Dolly... If I thought of you as a burden then why would I-" his words were halted by the surprise of Dolly's sudden kiss upon his cheek. Viktor found himself staring at her, not knowing what else he could possibly say... it seems that she has already made up her mind. One particular sentence of hers however, only served to strengthen Viktor's resolve: "I can not allow you to be hurt at my expense." That was exactly what he wanted to say to her, it's as if she'd stolen the words from his mouth when she kissed his cheek.

"Dolly... I won't let you do this alone. I know the ways of the outside world, and I'm more than capable of fighting if need be. You aren't a burden to me. Dolly, listen to me!" Every single word seemed to have fallen upon deaf ears. Sighing and shaking his head, Viktor walked briskly after her.She wouldn't last out here on her own, no matter how intently she was on doing it. Viktor supposed the only thing he can do is follow her until she accepted his company. To Viktor, any physical pain would be far more endurable than the feeling of losing Dolly, not being able to protect her. He just hoped he would be able to get her attention for long enough to explain. As she walked away, Viktor walked briskly beside her. If she ended up running, he'd run after her. Even if he lost sight of her he'd be able to track her down due to his genetic sixth sense for supernatural creatures, knowing her specific signature due to the binding spell. For now Viktor just silently let it be known that he wouldn't leave her no matter what the consequences would be if he stayed, hoping that eventually, she'd give in and at least talk to him about it, ask him why he still followed.

@Ally

Users who are viewing this thread

Back