• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Modern Naruto AU

Cinnabun

INTEREST CHECK!!

Hey! Would anyone want to do a group, modern-day Naruto AU? I’ve been craving something with Naruto, I totally suck at coming up with AU ideas though... but I figure a modern AU is different enough from the original universe that it could be interesting?

By modern I mean with all of the technological, scientific, and medical advancements of the current IRL world. I haven’t decided on if jutsu will still be a thing or if they’ll just be regular people? Any opinions on that?

Also, I would want the characters to be at least 20 years old. I like adultier-themed things; also meaning, get as dark as you want with your backstory lol. Give me angst or give me death. Also, because of said adultier-themes, I'm going to require that you, the mun, is at least 18 years old.
As far as writing requirements go, this will be paragraph style, hopefully at least 2 paras per post! I'm not going to be incredibly hard on this rule, cause writer's block is a very real thing, but give the other people something to work with! And use your best grammar and spelling, please.

Lastly, I’m hoping to fill up the majority of the canon characters before thinking about OCs. Sorry!
Maybe you can tell by my display pic, maybe you can’t, I would be writing as Sasuke. (;

Anyway!! Who would be into this?? Let’s figure something out! Thaaaanks!

Last edited:
I was browsing RP forums on Google and came across this. I’ve RPed Haruno Sakura for years. So, if you make a forum, modern or canon, I’d be interested in joining.

Yo! I would love to join this RP!
I have a character on my mind and some suggestions: maybe Justus still should be a thing. After all, no Naruto if no Jutsu

Yo! I would love to join this RP!
I have a character on my mind and some suggestions: maybe Justus still should be a thing. After all, no Naruto if no Jutsu

Awesome, thank you for your input!! What character did you want to write as??

is there still place for a character¿ It's been awhile since I've wrote or ever read anything about Naruto, and i'm pretty sure I could help you come up with a plot if necessary.

is there still place for a character¿ It's been awhile since I've wrote or ever read anything about Naruto, and i'm pretty sure I could help you come up with a plot if necessary.

Absolutely! This hasn't got off the ground yet, I'm still trying to gather enough people to make it worth starting!
What did you have in mind?

well since we're doing this in modern world, and maybe if we include jutsus we could make a fightclub where sasuke meets, fights and does stuff with naruto. Both of them would have their dark sides which got them in fight club at the first place, and we could include other pairings or characters which posed threat to main pairing.
But i can totally think of other ideas too if you specify what you guys want! ?
And I could take up any role from Naruto to side character like one of my faves - Gaara.

What characters are still open? I can do a wide array of characters from an Alpha type character to a very shy and innocent character. I'd love to do Naruto, but if he's taken then I could do Neji or Shikimaru.

What characters are still open? I can do a wide array of characters from an Alpha type character to a very shy and innocent character. I'd love to do Naruto, but if he's taken then I could do Neji or Shikimaru.

As far as I know, the only for sure characters that are taken are Sasuke and (maybe) Sakura! ?

well since we're doing this in modern world, and maybe if we include jutsus we could make a fightclub where sasuke meets, fights and does stuff with naruto. Both of them would have their dark sides which got them in fight club at the first place, and we could include other pairings or characters which posed threat to main pairing.
But i can totally think of other ideas too if you specify what you guys want! ?
And I could take up any role from Naruto to side character like one of my faves - Gaara.

We could maybe work that in! I don't want it to be, like, a strictly school AU, I want to give the option of having the characters work jobs or whatever, too. So that could work, maybe it's like a martial arts class or something??

yeah cool! whatever works for you and other peeps. I'll probably opt for Gaara's part then. And will we do only one character each?

Yessss, they do, but since this would be a more modern AU, I'm thinking missions and such aren't necessarily a thing?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back