• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Modern Horror Story Roleplay?

Solis

aries
Howdy.
So.
I don't know about you guys, but I love a good horror flick. 80's Slashers, Early 2000's Found-Footage Films (A La The Blair Witch Project, Paranormal Activity, etc.), and ESPECIALLY the American Horror Story series.
I feel as though a Horror-Themed RP would be an excellent idea. We could spoof the classic Summer Camp slasher flicks and have each of the characters represent a horror movie trope. For example; The Final Girl, The Stoner, The Guy Who Dies First... etc.

Or, alternatively, we could do something a little more modern and edgy following a coven of Witches and Warlocks (A La AHS: Coven & Apocalypse) or any other type of modern horror trope you can think of.
If you couldn't tell, I don't have a solid foundation for this roleplay yet, so I would also like to hear your input! I want to make a roleplay that everyone can really have a say in, something a little more collaborative.

Feel free to throw some ideas around! Let me know what you'd like to see in this RP.​

I'd be interested! As an option we could do a more mystery horror, something like the Ring or As Above so Below with the option to explore the reasons behind the chosen entity etc. Just an idea! I'd be happy whatever though! :^)

I'd be interested! As an option we could do a more mystery horror, something like the Ring or As Above so Below with the option to explore the reasons behind the chosen entity etc. Just an idea! I'd be happy whatever though! :^)
That sounds pretty cool! Something like that could absolutely be a lot of fun. Do you have any suggestions of what the entity might be? I'm thinking that could work with just about any setting, too.

I'm really interested though I do have a few plots that we could use as reference since I don't have any fresh ideas at the moment. Also, I prefer keeping things without getting into supernatural unless it is necessary.

The End of It All

Theme : Horror, Drama, Thriller, Paranormal

<------------->
Muse B decided to go on a trip to another city. They had finally saved up enough money to attend a famous event that they had been dreading to go. Unfortunately, traffic was real bad and Muse B decided to take a shortcut by the woods. Everything went well at first but after a few moments into the forest, their car broke down. Eventually, they managed to get the car to the nearest town. It seems that Muse B got lost and arrived at the countryside where lands were used as farms and there were no such thing as malls or anything that they have in big cities.

Muse B had few cash in hand and didn't know what to do until the locals helped them out and told them to stay in one of the local's house which is none other than Muse A. Apparently that particular local was kind enough to let them stay for the night with no charge. Muse A was a local mechanic and promised that the car would be working in the morning. And surprisingly this local had every essential that Muse B needed, be it internet and a tv with familiar channels on it.

However, the next day things had became really odd. When Muse B decided to get back on their track by driving the car back to the road, though they kept arriving back to the old town. Each path Muse B took only sent them back there. That wasn't the only thing that was strange. The locals became distant except for the Muse A who let them stay in his house. It seemed that the town had a very dark secret hidden.

Each hour that pass had made both Muse A and B more uneasy and worried. A storm was about to hit the town, and it's not just any storm. Before nightfall, Muse A would be boarding up the windows and doors and even instructed Muse B to sleep in the basement where he said that it would be much safer. That very night, both of them were awaken to the sound of the floor creaking about them.

Muse A told Muse B to stay put and they both stayed awake at that night to the sound of footsteps running around the floor above them and not so often they would hear things falling down rough onto the floor.
What was Muse A hiding from Muse B?
Would they survive through this?

<------------->
· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

A Curse

Theme : Horror, Drama, Paranormal

<------------->
A group of 3 guys and 3 girls were friends ever since they were kids until they went separate paths. Most of the kids had a normal life and a few of them weren't so lucky. Stepping into adulthood, they all decided to get back together and spend a couple of nights at an old villa back in their hometown. That was the plan until they were cut off from the outside world as the only road that leads to the town had collapsed. What's worse was that there was no service and no landline that they could use.

Stuck in such place wouldn't be too bad until they found out that this particular villa was cursed due to a past that none of them knew or ever heard of. According to the scraps of newspaper, The original owner who had built this villa was murdered in this particular house as a sacrifice. Apparently, this unleash a curse that affected the whole group. Each of them have one dark fear that they never told the others about. This fear will eventually manifest and the only way to end them is only known to themselves. However the downside is that there a big possibility that they would eventually go crazy and lose to the curse. With these in mind, will they survive and overcome this particular curse? or will everyone eventually lose their mind?
<------------->

That sounds pretty cool! Something like that could absolutely be a lot of fun. Do you have any suggestions of what the entity might be? I'm thinking that could work with just about any setting, too.
Really depends what sorta vibes you're goin for! Like surrounding a mythos, Norse/Christian/Ancient Sumerian, or whether it should be a demonic, traumatised spirit of an individual per se

I'm really interested though I do have a few plots that we could use as reference since I don't have any fresh ideas at the moment. Also, I prefer keeping things without getting into supernatural unless it is necessary.

The End of It All

Theme : Horror, Drama, Thriller, Paranormal

<------------->
Muse B decided to go on a trip to another city. They had finally saved up enough money to attend a famous event that they had been dreading to go. Unfortunately, traffic was real bad and Muse B decided to take a shortcut by the woods. Everything went well at first but after a few moments into the forest, their car broke down. Eventually, they managed to get the car to the nearest town. It seems that Muse B got lost and arrived at the countryside where lands were used as farms and there were no such thing as malls or anything that they have in big cities.

Muse B had few cash in hand and didn't know what to do until the locals helped them out and told them to stay in one of the local's house which is none other than Muse A. Apparently that particular local was kind enough to let them stay for the night with no charge. Muse A was a local mechanic and promised that the car would be working in the morning. And surprisingly this local had every essential that Muse B needed, be it internet and a tv with familiar channels on it.

However, the next day things had became really odd. When Muse B decided to get back on their track by driving the car back to the road, though they kept arriving back to the old town. Each path Muse B took only sent them back there. That wasn't the only thing that was strange. The locals became distant except for the Muse A who let them stay in his house. It seemed that the town had a very dark secret hidden.

Each hour that pass had made both Muse A and B more uneasy and worried. A storm was about to hit the town, and it's not just any storm. Before nightfall, Muse A would be boarding up the windows and doors and even instructed Muse B to sleep in the basement where he said that it would be much safer. That very night, both of them were awaken to the sound of the floor creaking about them.

Muse A told Muse B to stay put and they both stayed awake at that night to the sound of footsteps running around the floor above them and not so often they would hear things falling down rough onto the floor.
What was Muse A hiding from Muse B?
Would they survive through this?

<------------->

A Curse

Theme : Horror, Drama, Paranormal

<------------->
A group of 3 guys and 3 girls were friends ever since they were kids until they went separate paths. Most of the kids had a normal life and a few of them weren't so lucky. Stepping into adulthood, they all decided to get back together and spend a couple of nights at an old villa back in their hometown. That was the plan until they were cut off from the outside world as the only road that leads to the town had collapsed. What's worse was that there was no service and no landline that they could use.

Stuck in such place wouldn't be too bad until they found out that this particular villa was cursed due to a past that none of them knew or ever heard of. According to the scraps of newspaper, The original owner who had built this villa was murdered in this particular house as a sacrifice. Apparently, this unleash a curse that affected the whole group. Each of them have one dark fear that they never told the others about. This fear will eventually manifest and the only way to end them is only known to themselves. However the downside is that there a big possibility that they would eventually go crazy and lose to the curse. With these in mind, will they survive and overcome this particular curse? or will everyone eventually lose their mind?
<------------->
Oof I do like the spoopy locals vibe from breaking down at a small town, kinda reminds me of Outlast 2/Innsmouth from Lovecraft

I'm liking the spooky locals vibe, too. I'm thinking we could do something kind of inspired by Friday The Thirteenth with that sort of summer camp vibe. Our characters could be Councilors or Councilors-In-Training and we could keep it pretty slasher but with a little bit of that Supernatural Entity exploration to work with as we go. Make it seem like we just have a psycho on the loose but later have it be revealed that it's paranormal (OR up the ante and have both a regular old psycho AND a supernatural threat to boot.) We could each create two characters, one to die in the first act and another to survive all or most of the aftermath.

Okay so premise: Group of school friends graduate whatever school they attended, they decide to spend one last summer together doing stupid stuff and partying. One of the friend's uncle says he has a small cabin in the woods right next to the lake that'd be perfect. They take the offer but when they get to the small town for a rest stop the locals are weird, creepy, and speak in really odd riddles. They blow it off and go to the cabin, at first all is great. But then the sun never rises and the odd sounds that they heard are getting louder. If they can make it back to the small town, they won't find help there.

I'm liking the spooky locals vibe, too. I'm thinking we could do something kind of inspired by Friday The Thirteenth with that sort of summer camp vibe. Our characters could be Councilors or Councilors-In-Training and we could keep it pretty slasher but with a little bit of that Supernatural Entity exploration to work with as we go. Make it seem like we just have a psycho on the loose but later have it be revealed that it's paranormal (OR up the ante and have both a regular old psycho AND a supernatural threat to boot.) We could each create two characters, one to die in the first act and another to survive all or most of the aftermath.
I mean if we look at Friday the Thirteenth Jason crosses that boundary of being a psycho and a supernatural threat! So we can have that mixture of
>why wont he dIE
>discovering the mystery as to why he wont DiE

As for that, if the summer camp is act 1, perhaps we can have some dodgy police locals?! Calling them for help and then instead of helping they'd rather sacrifice the counselors

Okay so premise: Group of school friends graduate whatever school they attended, they decide to spend one last summer together doing stupid stuff and partying. One of the friend's uncle says he has a small cabin in the woods right next to the lake that'd be perfect. They take the offer but when they get to the small town for a rest stop the locals are weird, creepy, and speak in really odd riddles. They blow it off and go to the cabin, at first all is great. But then the sun never rises and the odd sounds that they heard are getting louder. If they can make it back to the small town, they won't find help there.
This actually reminds me a lot of some r/nosleep stories on reddit about skinwalkers and spoopy native american legends!

I was just about to mention something about Skinwalkers! I think I've got the rough idea pretty much thought out now... I'll type it up and post it and then send you guys the link so you can review it and see if you'd still be interested!

I was just about to mention something about Skinwalkers! I think I've got the rough idea pretty much thought out now... I'll type it up and post it and then send you guys the link so you can review it and see if you'd still be interested!
Sounds like a plan! Can't wait ^^

I think I'm interested, just wanting to see the final plot idea you decide on. :)

Here’s the link to the RP! The character sheets and OOC are linked to that thread as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back