• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

MoD RP (madlyhazel)

Yue was grinning up until the moment she called his name dumb. His name was not dumb. His mother named him; was she calling his mother dumb, too? He resisted the gnawing urge to snap back and just smiled tightly at her. "You'll warm up to me eventually," he said, forcing out a stiff chuckle. "So, am I going to get a name, or do I just make one up for you? What kind of magician are you, anyway?"

Elise put her nose into the air, trying to make herself see high and mighty. She'd noticed his offense at calling his name stupid, and she was fairly proud of herself. If he was going to get upset over little things, no doubt he'd be an easy opponent when the time came. And certainly not a friend. Never a friend. "Call me Elise," she purred out, offering him a smug smile, "A much better name than whatever you have. Mine has a nice ring to it, huh?"

She placed her hands on her hips and leaned forward, smile widening. "And why should I tell you what kind of magician I am? That'd spoil the fun." Indeed, if she kept it a secret from him that she was able to use, though not necessarily control, several elements, he'd be more surprised when the time came. She really wanted to see the look on his face when she suddenly used more than one element. He'd feel real dumb then.

(( I've said this already, but Elise is a cutie. o|-< ))

He wasn't able to hide the bitterness on his face when she shared her name. Damn! Why couldn't she have a stupid name he could make fun of? He could call her name dumb too, but then it would be obvious that he was just taking cheap shots. He'd have to spend a few days thinking up of a fitting nickname for this new girl.

She was getting on his nerves, but he supposed he should have expected that. Not only was she apparently tempermental, but she was arrogant too. It would be a moment he'd savor when he'd finally one up this girl.

... In fact, he could probably prove himself right now.

The gentle breeze wafting around the camp steadily began to grow. Drying laundry resting on the tents fluttered at first, before the gusts eventually pulled them into the sky. Dirt kicked up, and tents began to violently twitch with the ebbing waves of wind. Soldiers were looking around frantically; some were trying to keep their tents down, and others more were attempting to stop Yue with their glares. The wind magician didn't pay them any attention.

Yue simply smirked, looking down at the girl while letting the gusts dance with his hair. "If you don't want to tell me, you'll show me," he said. He lifted his arrow and pointed it at Elise like it was a baton. "We have an excellent medical team, so don't be afraid to hold back."

(Like I said, she probably tries to be. And good Lord Yue, calm down. So offended.)

Elise glanced around as the wind began to stir up, and her eyes narrowed considerably once she figured out the cause of this. He was really going to play that card already? Use his magic to somehow prove that he was better than her? She opened her mouth as she turned toward him, preparing to say a few choice words. However, when she noticed the gleaming iron tip of the arrow pointing toward her, she realized that this guy was probably entirely insane.

She put her hands up defensively, trying to figure out some way to guard herself from the arrow. "Whoa, whoa, whoa!" she exclaimed, stepping back toward one of the flapping tents. Her orange hair swirled around her face, getting stuck in her mouth and blocking her eyesight. "You're being completely irrational! I mean, you wouldn't really stick me with an arrow. That would get you put in jail or something!"

Then again, this guy was already seeming nuts enough, with how easily he took offense to everything and his blunt way of speaking. She wouldn't put it entirely past him to send that arrow flying through her. Would a medical team be able to save her? Or would she die this way, on the ground of a military camp? Not even in battle! "You really don't need to see my magic that much. You'll probably see it in time." To be honest, she was rather embarrassed at the level of her magic compared to his. He seemed to have a rather good control of his.

"Where else am I going to see it? The battlefield?" Yue snorted at the very idea. She admitted herself that she would avoid that no matter what. Of course, he knew that all he'd have to do was ask the general, but it would be a lot more interesting to see her magic in action than to hear it from the general's mouth. With his free hand, Yue gave the arrow a few absentminded twirls. He made sure to swing it towards Elise, just in case his grip slipped in this wind. He wanted to hit something important just in case he lost his arrow, after all.

The ferocity of the winds had managed to plateau, simply resorting to shaking the tents and whipping people's hair and laundry every which way as they rushed by. There was a low howl echoing around camp, from the gusts that rounded about the clearing.

"Let's see it, Elise!" he urged with a wide grin. "Don't you want to shut me up? Hey, I'll even let you have first strike!" That was a lie, of course, but maybe she'd be spurred to take it anyway.

She was no pacifist, but Elise definitely wasn't keen in righting Yue. It was clear he had every intention of bringing her magic out, and it was also clear that he wouldn't mind sticking an arrow in her. She really didn't want to show her magic, but she seemed to have no other choice. She shut her eyes tightly and let her magic take hold.

The wind seemed to slightly change direction, and instead a small front began blowing toward Yue. It was considerably less powerful than what he was controlling, but it had just enough power to push back against his forces. She opened her eyes slightly, and, once confident with her wind power, she decided to make certain she'd be safe.

Her hand quickly lashed out and wrapped around the tip of the arrow. The iron cut into her hands as she did so, but she needed a good grip on it. From there, she focused heat into her palm, and the wooden shaft of the arrow began to char. It soon fell away into ash and was quickly blown away into the wind. Elise dropped the bloodied tip and pushed a bit more wind toward him. Hopefully she'd be able to fix up later, because now her hand stung terribly.

Yue jumped back at the sight of his arrow disintegrating into nothing black powder. The change in wind direction was a pleasant surprise, but Elise reaching out to grab his arrow then proceeding to burn it took him completely by surprise. No sooner did the ash blow away with the wind did his focus on his own magic completely dissolve. Yue stared at her excitedly, his blue eyes twinkling. "So you're one of those magicians," he said. "Why would you bother keeping that a secret? Magic like that is--"

Before he could say another word, the general's head poked out of his tent. His eyebrows were creased in the center of his forehead, and he had an irritable expression on his face. "What's going on out here?" he barked. "Yue, are you casting in the middle of camp?"

Yue glanced over at Elise, then back at the general. He shook his head fervently before pointing his finger over in the other magician's direction.

General Tiberus' turned his gaze over to Elise, looking a tad more disappointed than annoyed.

Elise simply stared at Yue, looking completely dumbfounded. How the hell did this man's head work? He was murderous one second and had the mind of a child the next. He was more than insane it seemed, and she had been ready to run as soon as she had the chance. However, the general's voice interrupted her, and she whipped her head toward him. She took not of Yue's accusing finger, and she tried to rally up an excuse.

"He was attacking me!" she cried out. She turned her hand toward the general to show him the bloody palm. Two solid cuts had been made through it, and they had yet to completely stop bleeding. "He was threatening to stick and arrow in me! I had to defend myself somehow!"

General Tiberus' head whipped over to Yue this time, who looked irritated with Elise's tattling. He gestured him over with a brusque wave of his hand. "In my tent," he ordered, pushing the tent flap aside. "Now."

Yue scowled and began marching to the general's tent. He tried to keep from looking at Elise, who no doubt would be proud of herself, but he couldn't help but take glance at her as he passed to enter the tent for his inevitable scolding.

Elise scowled at Yue as he passed by her, glad she had managed to at least get him into trouble. He needed to learn that he couldn't just go around threatening people. She was pretty glad that he'd be getting a what for from the general regarding his actions. He completely deserved it, after all. Elise stuck her tongue out toward his back just before he entered the tent.

Now, it was time to focus on other things. Namely, on the cuts on her hand. They'd begun to stop bleeding all together now, but they still caused a lot of pain. She didn't really trust her healing magic all that much on herself, so she instead made way for the medical tents. Sure, she'd promised to stay away from them, but she hadn't exactly been able to leave. So, she'd be bothering them again.

It didn't take her terribly long to arrive, considering she'd managed to remember the location, and she slowly peeked inside of the tent. She cleared her throat a bit and slid through the opening between the flaps. "Hello," she began, feeling a bit awkward once again. She didn't particularly like this place, of course. "I got a little hurt. Just want to get something for it."

Fortunately or unfortunately enough for her, Faeran was sitting out in the open cot area, towering by the bedside of a dark-skinned person who was dressed suspiciously like the figure who was dragging the corpse earlier. The both of them had sour looks on their faces, the one in black constantly tossing their hair like a spoiled, noble lady and the large, red-headed one scowling.

"You're not off the hook yet, Ali'sakir," he growled, making sure to wag a threatening finger to prove his point. The Ali'sakir person just draws their lips into a tight smile, turns the other way, and-- like a stretching cat-- languidly lays themself down onto the cot, back towards the two.

When the holy magician turned back to the girl at the entrance, he was smiling now. "Hey, I can help clean that up for ya," he said, waving her over with one of his large hands. He patted an empty cot near him, urging her to take a seat. "What happened to ya? Somethin' slip in your hands?"

Elise briefly watched the interaction between the two, and she stared at the cloaked person for some time. Of course, it took her several moments, but she eventually recognized them. They had been the one from earlier who had probably killed that poor soul. At least he had been apprehended. She moved to follow Faeran and sat down, despite being a little apprehensive about him. Could this huge guy really carefully take care of a wound?

Deciding it would just be better to trust him, she turned her hand toward him. She gave a small shrug at his question. "Some crazy guy named Yue attacked me. Had to grab his arrow to stop him." She gazed down at the wound that trailed along her palm, and she was at least glad that it wasn't worse. Sure, it hurt, but at least she still had a hand.

"Yue, huh? Funny, that's the name of my little brother, too," Faeran chuckled as he gazed down at the open palm. His smile waned from his face upon hearing the arrow bit, however. Soldiers didn't normally take up the bow and arrow unless they were going to be a part of Yue's brigade. Could it have been him? But why would he attack a girl? Was he up to something? Before his thoughts would snowball into more worrisome things, Faeran shook his head to chase them away. Now wasn't the time to think about things like that. He had a job to do.

Reaching for a clean cloth sitting on one of the tables, Faeran leaned over and dabbed at the wound, as carefully as any hulking giant could. "Yikes, that's a real bloody one," he laughed when he could finally see a clearer outline of the injury. "It'll heal right up with a little time. I'm just gonna wrap it up if that's okay with you, yeah? Lemme get some ani-- annesep-- antiseppi-- somethin' t' clean it with an' some bandages real quick."

He motioned for her to press the cloth against her injury by urging her other hand over the cloth. When it was safely secure, he hauled himself up onto his feet and retreated to the curtains in the back of the tent.

While Faeran retreated in search of medical equipment, the person in black robes had rolled over onto their back, piercing brown eyes between the veils peering intently at Elise. One hand was draped dramatically over their forehead, the other hanging off the cot just hovering over the grass. It almost looked like they were posing for a painting-- a statue robed in black-- though whether it was an attempt to garner the young lady's attention or just their natural way of relaxing were anyone's guess. They didn't do anything more than just lie there, though they made it no secret that their attention was focused solely on the girl.

As Elise mentioned that his little brother and the creep who attacked her shared the same name, she briefly wondered if there was a connection. They did have similarly colored hair, but, then again, no doubt several people did. She was better off to assume that that guy was in no way connected to this man, considering this one was much nicer. She moved to hold her hand over the cloth and watched him wander off. Yeah, definitely no connection there. This guy was huge--probably had a twin that he ate or something in order to get so big.

She pursed her lips and swung her legs a bit, the tips running through the grass. At least this wound was going to get better, and it would probably hurt a lot less once he put whatever he had on it. She didn't know much about medical practices or anything, but she guessed that she'd be ready to head out soon. As she saw movement out of the corner of her eye, she raised her head.

It was that thing again. The one who killed that man. She narrowed her eyes at them, watching as they continued to focus their attention on her. Two could play at that game, of course. She stared right back at him, attempting to muster as much malice in her gaze as she could. She wouldn't be one-upped by a murderer, of course.

Ali'sakir, the black clothed person on the cot, was tickled by her reaction to stare back. It wasn't often that people turned their eyes in his direction, much less decided to openly stare. Then again, he knew about the magnetic pull he had on people. Soldiers, medics, and civilians alike struggled to keep an eye on him all while avoiding meeting with his eyes. Of course, it might just be because he was one of the only brown-skinned persons in the entire camp, but if he were ugly, no one would spare a glance. Ah, yes, he was so beautiful even in all the robes whirled around him, and he was quite proud that the girl was able to recognize his beauty.

With one fluid motion, he brought a hand to his veiled lips and promptly tossed a kiss and a wink in the girl's direction, making sure to let out a loud, smacking, "Mwah!" so she'd be aware that he was, in fact, throwing her a kiss.

Elise initially looked surprised as the veiled person decided to toss a kiss her way, but her expression quickly turned to one of disgust. What, was he joking around? What a complete idiot. She was starting to get a little more than annoyed with this man, and she could feel her body tensing up.

"What are you doing?" was really all she could muster for this moment. She was a bit confused as how to approach him in conversation. Of course, she didn't want to talk to him, but she wasn't keen on having him stare at her and toss kisses. She needed to be able to get rid of him somehow, and maybe offending him in conversation would do the trick.

Ali'sakir lips curled up into a smile. It was obvious enough what he was doing. Given her stiff posture and guarded words, she was probably aware of it, too. How cute.

"Nothing, dear. I'm under house arrest, you see, and I'm bored," he laughed lightly, waving a hand adorned with rings. His half-lidded eyes traveled down to the cloth dabbled with blood. "My, what a nasty injury you have there. It must be painful."

Elise watched him carefully, not particularly liking how the corners of his mouth turned up. It looked dangerous just like he seemed to be. She made sure to stay on her guard as he questioned her, and she pulled her hand closer to her body. She flexed it for a moment, and pain did make itself known. She forced herself not to grimace in front of the man, and instead made her face dark.

She gave a small grunt. "Yeah, it hurts," she stated, knowing it was entirely obvious, "I'm fine, though." She needed to seem at least slightly stronger than she was feeling right now. The gaze that this man gave off made her feel very small, like a mouse in trapped by a cat. He might be several feet away, but Elise felt cornered under his watch. And she didn't like that feeling in the least.

"Mmhmm... Is that so."

Luckily for her, he wasn't too interested in her or in having small chat. He would have loved to come close, to touch and smell her hair, to inspect her injury... But with Faeran somewhere in the area, it would be impossible. Ali'sakir's lips just quirked up again under his veils, the smile not quite reaching his half-lidded eyes, before he carefully rolled over to face the other direction, his robes slithering behind him like curling black snakes. Cute girl. Too bad they were in the medic tent.

It was at that moment that the huge holy magician came back, a small crate pinned between a hand and his hip. He had a big smile on his face, but on seeing Ali'sakir turn his back to the girl, his bright blue eyes had a suspicious glint to them. Setting himself onto a cot in front of the girl, Faeran carefully laid the crate down beside his feet and held his palm out to Elise to ask for her hand.

"I'm back! And, uhh, try not to talk to Ali'sakir," he said with a jilted laugh. "'E's trouble. 'Sides, 'e's in a bad mood."

There wasn't any response from the person in black resting, just the rise and fall of his body as he breathed.

"Let's get you patched up an' ready t' go, yeah? This'll just take a second!"

Elise only hummed in response to Faeran, still keeping her eyes on the man. She didn't trust him in the least, but she was at least glad that he had stopped watching her. She turned her attention to Faeran and held out her palm, placing it in his much larger one. This man had to be part bear, or something along those lines. Elise had never seen anyone so tall or so bulky, and it did freak her out a bit. He was just very odd.

She shifted a bit uncomfortably on the cot, unsure of exactly what to say or do. Perhaps it was best to bring up to fact why the general and sent her here in the first place. Maybe that would provide a little bit of conversation. "I'm a magician, you know," she began, "That's why the general sent me over. Cause you're supposed to be a magician too."

Faeran's hand slipped while disinfecting the wound. Luckily, he wasn't holding a sharp instrument or he might've stabbed into the meat of the poor girl's injury. He was startled by the blase delivery of such an important detail. The surprise on his face soon gave way to excitement, however. "Oh, issat so?" he said, his bright blue eyes twinkling. "We've been gettin' rumors lately, but you actually arrived!"

He considered turning to Ali'sakir and letting him know, since the man didn't react at the declaration. Then again, that might not have been the best idea, not with the dark magician being in a bad mood. Best to keep it on the down-low.

Faeran turned his eyes back down to the injury, continuing to dab at it with the antiseptic. "Yeah, you're right, I'm one, but you don't want me using it on somethin' as small as this," Faeran said, pairing his ominous words an inappropriately loud laugh. He continued on, however, reaching down to grab hold of the bandage. "So, what kind are ya? People're sayin' things like you bein' a hair one, or a timey one!"

Elise slightly winced when his hand slipped, but it wasn't too painful. She supposed she should've figured out a nicer way of stating it, but she was always one for getting things out in the open. No reason to delay anything if you didn't have to. It was just better to say it and be done with it. She watched him as he worked with the wound, actually seeming genuinely interested. He seemed like he knew what he doing, minus the slip-up from earlier. She only wondered how his magic worked if he did this so well without any of it.

As he questioned what kind of magician she was, she offered a small shrug. She wasn't really keen on telling that many people, to be honest. Elise would rather keep her abilities secret, considering she was rather embarrassed of them. While she could do plenty of magic, she wasn't very good at any of them. She could only do the bare minimum required, and even then that was difficult sometimes. "You know," she mumbled, "Just magic. I can do it, and that's about it."

He quirked an eyebrow up at the vague answer but decided against asking more about it. Maybe she was shy and didn't want to talk about it? She did get injured earlier by some fool that was picking a fight with her. She must be tired or uncomfortable about mentioning her magic, if that was the kind of welcome she'd gotten.

As he wound the bandage around her hand, Faeran flashed her a grin. "Well, my name's Faeran," he said cheerily, hoping she wouldn't dwell on any uncomfortable feelings when he broached the topic about her magic. "You been ordered to go meet the other magicians? I could introduce ya t' them if you'd like! I could show you 'round the place, too, if you're feelin' up to it!"

Glad that he wasn't eager on continuing the conversation, Elise perked up considerably. At least this man had some manners. Well, the most manners that people like the two of them could. They weren't nobles after all. They could talk nice (usually) and keep their mouths closed when eating (again, usually), but people like them didn't really care to be more well-mannered than that. It was too much of a hassle, usually.

"I wouldn't mind that," she stated, offering him a smile as well. It was a little hard not to around him, considering how his face was always split into a grin. Her eyes darted off to the side, however, glancing at the dark figure on the cot a little ways away from them. She hushed her voice down a little bit. "Are you okay leaving him, though?" she questioned, remembering how he didn't seem like the best of people, "I mean, you don't want him getting out or something, right?"

Faeran's brows furrowed when she mentioned Ali'sakir, and his eyes wandered over to him. The thought never even entered his head. He had already told the man that he had to stay at the medic tent so he could keep an eye on him, but now that she mentioned it, how could he keep an eye on him if he was out showing the new girl around? Faeran folded his arms across his chest, shut his eyes, and let out a long, "Hmm!" as he racked his brain for a solution. Leave him or take him, leave him or take him...

"Nah, I think he'll stay put," he laughed. "'E's trouble sometimes, but he's not that bad."

Ali'sakir would never betray his trust. There was loyalty among the magicians, after all. If he told him to stay put, he'd do it! Hopefully...

Faeran added, "Besides, he's a magician too, anyhow. That's Ali'sakir. Ali'sakir, we got a new girl!"

The other magician just kept still in his cot. He was breathing slowly, his shoulders lifting and falling as if he were asleep. With his back turned, however, no one could tell whether he was awake or not. His eyes were probably shut at this point anyway.

"See, he'll be no trouble," Faeran said brightly, turning back to the new girl. "He's asleep!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back