• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Mobile Suit Gundam: The Ruins of Eden

Lost Martian

King of the Kaiju
The One Year War between the Earth Federation and Principality of Zeon in UC 0079 would quickly become the deadliest war in the history of humanity. Aided by new weapons like Mobile Suits, both sides in this conflict would commit unspeakable atrocities, wiping out large swathes of the population of both Earth and Space.

In only a few months, almost half of humanity was killed, as the war extended to all reaches of human civilization. Looking to quickly end the terrible war, both sides would develop super-weapons, capable of destroying entire fleets or cities. Use of these gigantic weapons would scorch the Earth, destroying most major cities, and would also destroy a good chunk of all Space Colonies.

By the final months of UC 0079, the morale for both sides in the conflict was running low. The Zabi family, the heads of Zeon, decided to wipe out the Earth Federation for good, dropping several colonies down onto the planet. This would destroy most of civilization. The remaining Federation forces would then use a Solar Ray Cannon to destroy all of Zeon and any other Space Colonies that hadn’t aligned with the Earth Federation.

By the end of the war on New Year’s Day UC 0080, almost 90% of humanity had been killed in the war. With so much destroyed infrastructure, the governments of Earth collapsed, nations quickly falling apart. Soon different corporations or warlords would claim territory, offering protection from the wasteland in exchange for servitude.

However, there are those who live in the wasteland. Arming themselves with tech left over from the One Year War, the traveling caravans look for a place of their own Earth. It is now New Year’s Day UC 0100, exactly twenty years after the war. Will this new century bring peace to humanity?

So this a Mobile Suit Gundam Alternate Universe RP. Set in a world where the One Year War happened roughly similar to the Canon, this version of the war almost completely wiped out humanity. Most people now live in cities or bases protected by warlords or other powers. All contact with space has been cut off, people wondering if there is still anyone alive up there.

The players in this RP would be members of a traveling caravan, looking to find their own place to call home. To protect themselves from bandits and other threats, they have acquired tech from the One Year War, restoring them and using them in battle. Specifically each player will be allowed a grunt suit from the One Year War, though they might not be in the best of condition after all these years.

I was originally going to try and run this as a 1x1 RP, but I decided that it would probably work better as a Group RP. Anyways, I hope that some people find this interesting. The way I’m keeping the lore of the One Year War vague is to allow for players who perhaps haven’t seen the original Gundam anime. So if anyone is interested or has a question about the setting, please feel free to send me a message.

Gundam Watcher 27 Gundam Watcher 27 glad that you’re interested in this. As for your character being like a Fire Emblem character, I assume you mean in appearance and perhaps similar personality, as I do want original characters for this RP. Also I was planning for the players being able to have mobile suits with swapped parts, so having a Zaku II with a Gundam head could work, just perhaps make it a Ground Gundam Mass Production Type head to keep with the rule of grunt suits only.

Chibistaryuu Chibistaryuu awesome that we have another interested player. The caravan will definitely need a mechanic, and a GM Sniper is a perfectly acceptable suit.

As for your character being like a Fire Emblem character, I assume you mean in appearance and perhaps similar personality, as I do want original characters for this RP. Also I was planning for the players being able to have mobile suits with swapped parts, so having a Zaku II with a Gundam head could work, just perhaps make it a Ground Gundam Mass Production Type head to keep with the rule of grunt suits only.
Indeed it is what I mean. Thank you.

If anyone has some plot/character/faction ideas, let me know. I obviously haven’t fleshed out the entire world so there is room for canon of your creation. Just leave a message with a tag for me.

While I do understand that the colonies under Zeon control had been completely wiped out, It also doesn't entirely rule out the possibility that there could be remnants either, does it? Like, couldn't there be a few surviving units that are in hiding on one of the Earth Federation Colonies?

Sorry about not being around. My mental health and family issues have been taking up all my time. However, I'm back and ready to get this going.

Gundam Watcher 27 Gundam Watcher 27 I do intend for Zeon to still exist in some form. Perhaps we can flesh that idea out once we actually start RPing.

Blitzkrieg Bob Blitzkrieg Bob a Cyber Newtype could work, though we would need to figure out the timeline of when they were created as the world has been a wasteland for the last twenty years after the One Year War. Also do you have any kind of mobile suit in mind?

As for my character I was thinking that he was the son of the former head of the caravan. After his parent died, my character would suddenly be thrust into a leadership role, one that he is woefully not ready for. So the start of the RP could have him either try and live up to being a good leader, or having the wisdom to step down and give the role to someone better suited. As for his mobile suit, I was thinking some horrible mash up of a Zaku Cannon and a Guncannon Mass Production Type.

Cool. I'm going to wait a few more days to see if there is more interest. After that I'll make an OOC and Characters threads.

Definitely interested.

I may need to do some homework to figure out what suits fit the timeline, but I'm leaning toward a former Zeon vet with a bastardized Zaku high-mobility, with some artillery bits jury-rigged onto it. (Edit: Nevermind the artillery. Just noticed someone else wants to do a Zaku Cannon / Guncannon mashup. Maybe I'll go CQC or melee.) I like the concept of a pilot experienced in space combat trying to survive in gravity.

I presume this story will take place on the post-apocalyptic wasteland of Earth, right? So, not much space action? Or are we still figuring that out? I dig the idea of fighting in the wreckage of destroyed colonies, too. (Thunderbolt is the best UC. I don't care what anyone says, lol.)

Last edited:
Tentative interest, I'll wait till the ooc/lore and whatever else threads are up before I claim a spot for sure. Seig Zeon. May talk to another person or two. I know more than a bit about Gundam.

Last edited:
I'm definitely curious, plus this feels exactly what I need to get back into rp proper. I have a few ideas drifting through my head for various groups, and a character, but I'd much rather see what everyone else before sending any concrete ideas out.

Sorry about the delay, real life has been real life. I plan to get up the OOC thread in the next two to three days.

AnonyMouse AnonyMouse glad that you’re interested. As for a scavenged Zaku high mobility type, that could work. Also I am planning to do an artillery suit, figuring a Guncannon Mass Production Type that has had to slowly replace parts of it with GM stuff, as Guncannons are rare. As for playing a Zeon vet, keep in mind that this is twenty years after the war, so your character needs to have been old enough to fight twenty years ago. And yes this will be post-apocalyptic Gundam, so no space battles, at least initially. Depending on how you guys guide the story, perhaps you may find a method of getting to space.

RedArmyShogun RedArmyShogun I shall accept your tentative interest. There is still definitely room for more former Zeon characters as a whole bunch of them were stranded on Earth when the One Year War ended.

kenryuko kenryuko cool that you’re curious about this. If you have any questions about characters or other back story stuff, please feel free to message me in thread or by PM.

AnonyMouse AnonyMouse glad that you’re interested. As for a scavenged Zaku high mobility type, that could work. Also I am planning to do an artillery suit, figuring a Guncannon Mass Production Type that has had to slowly replace parts of it with GM stuff, as Guncannons are rare. As for playing a Zeon vet, keep in mind that this is twenty years after the war, so your character needs to have been old enough to fight twenty years ago. And yes this will be post-apocalyptic Gundam, so no space battles, at least initially. Depending on how you guys guide the story, perhaps you may find a method of getting to space.
Yup, I'm picturing someone in their mid-forties, at least, and probably female. A jaded, salty old vet who hates both sides. I don't really do young characters often, anyway.

And y'all can have the artillery. After having a few days to ponder it, I'm definitely going melee / close-mid-range. I'm picturing a Zaku with dual shoulder shields and some stolen Feddie shields bolted on. Full Armor Zaku, lol? Because the entire point of having more thrusters is to add more weight, right?

Sorry about the delay, real life has been real life. I plan to get up the OOC thread in the next two to three days.

RedArmyShogun RedArmyShogun I shall accept your tentative interest. There is still definitely room for more former Zeon characters as a whole bunch of them were stranded on Earth when the One Year War ended.

kenryuko kenryuko cool that you’re curious about this. If you have any questions about characters or other back story stuff, please feel free to message me in thread or by PM.
Honestly, I was thinking playing a sort of handler/operator/administrative position. Someone has to keep things running smoothly under the hood so to speak.

Last edited:
Sorry about the delay again, I was sick with the flu and bronchitis this past week, which has been really unpleasant. Anyways I’m aiming to put up the OOC thread tomorrow.

RedArmyShogun RedArmyShogun a Ground Gundam would be fine.

AnonyMouse AnonyMouse that character sounds good.

kenryuko kenryuko I’ve actually played as a non-pilot character in a Gundam RP before, so I can see how that could work.

I'm not super familiar with Gundam Lore (I was into other Mecha Anime like Macross however!), but am willing to learn if you'd have me~ ^^

Sorry about not being around. My mental health and family issues have been taking up all my time. However, I'm back and ready to get this going.

Gundam Watcher 27 Gundam Watcher 27 I do intend for Zeon to still exist in some form. Perhaps we can flesh that idea out once we actually start RPing.

Blitzkrieg Bob Blitzkrieg Bob a Cyber Newtype could work, though we would need to figure out the timeline of when they were created as the world has been a wasteland for the last twenty years after the One Year War. Also do you have any kind of mobile suit in mind?

As for my character I was thinking that he was the son of the former head of the caravan. After his parent died, my character would suddenly be thrust into a leadership role, one that he is woefully not ready for. So the start of the RP could have him either try and live up to being a good leader, or having the wisdom to step down and give the role to someone better suited. As for his mobile suit, I was thinking some horrible mash up of a Zaku Cannon and a Guncannon Mass Production Type.

Following the vibe of Gundam Wing Frozen Teardrop, how about two cybernewtypes who awake from cryostasis?

I think it could offer some interesting plotlines and character development

Users who are viewing this thread

Back