• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom MMOstuck [Skaian Route] [Chapter 4]

AnimaDisciple

mmostuck-logo-png.148395

Dude, Tess, Ross, Charles...welcome to our new home! ^_^

For those of you not familiar with this RP, MMOstuck is a fan-made campaign GMed by me based off the Webcomic Homestuck by Andrew Hussie. It takes the premise of the reality bending game, SBURB, being turned into an MMO to lure and trap both humans and trolls within for unknown reasons. All of this under the command of a mysterious culprit simply called the Admin.

We're currently halfway through the campaign, but our forums got shut down a week or so ago, so we came here to keep our RP alive. We're not looking for new Players, but you're free to read along if you're interested. :)

For now though, a recap (thanks to Charles for helping with this):

==> Recap Doc 1

==> Recap Doc 2

==> Recap Doc 3

With that done, before we resume from our previous pause, let's review some changes I've made to the game mechanics.

I admit I'm fairly new as a GM. MMOstuck is the first real campaign I have come to manage with a semblance of a long-term plan and actual rules. Yet still, I've made choices and decisions I admit I didn't fully comprehend when I made them. Not to mention certain mechanics have not worked out as well as I had hoped they would.

Thus, some changes will come to the RP. Don't worry though. They won't come into being unless everyone's okay with it, which is why for now I will limit myself only to listing what I hope to change, rather than what I already set in stone decided to change. (And also, because I haven't fully decided how the changes will take place).

==> EDIT: First issue is done. I think the explanation is good enough, but I will leave it here for future referece: [Dodge], [Defend] and [Counter] now last 2 Turns instead of 1, with [Counter] refering to any action you prepare beforehand and execute when a certain trigger happens, such as an enemy attacking you or a teammate, or thery getting too close.

==> EDIT: Second issue done. Stat system revamp is complete. I point you over to the new REVAMP DOC so you can check it out.

==> EDIT: Again, this matter has been set: From now on, multiple 'Actions' will be synonym for 'Turns' and count as such. This applies to Skills such as Tune-Up and the like. Also, for out of turn actions such as the 100+ AGI ones, a turn needs to be put between each action unless the one able to act out of Turn does so at the Round's very end. This means, you can't chain Turns as easily now.

==> EDIT: Skill Revamp is done. Check it on the doc. The new Skill Number limit is 28 Skills, max. And remember, you can now sell off your Skills for a small refund.

==> Fifth, a complete Stat Reassignment. Meaning I will let you guys reorganize stats not only because of the Skill sheet revamps, but also becuase I will be redistributing Stat caps. Before, I made older people have more stats than younger people, and hoped to balance it out by making younger Players able to change race and get cool complex powers while nerfing the very same powers for the older characters. I've determined that's unfair, so not only will ALL characters have the same stat amount now, but these special abilities will also work the same regardless of age; race change included.

==> EDIT: EXP stuff done. You're all on the same page now.

==> Seventh. Again, Skills. With the coming changes I've decided to look through the current Skills each Player has, and nerf or boost them as I consider is proper. You guys will, OF COURSE, have a great say on how these changes are carried out.

==> Eight. I will probably increase SP cost for some Skills, but in turn make other Skills NOT consume a turn when used. I will also add a cooldown to some Skills.

==> Ninth. Talents. I will reduce the number of total talents by condensing a couple into a single one, and thus I will also reduce the max amount of Talents you can have. But in turn I will not only make each give a certain Stat Bonus such as Medicine (which increases HP), I will also let you have the max number of Talents from the get go with the need to train for more coming up ONLY if you wish to switch from one talent to another.

==> Eleventh. Equipment. Weapons and armor from now on will have up to 5 effects and /or bonuses. Accessories up to 3, and they must be centered around a certain topic (with a few exceptions such as the Amber Pendant). Also, I will set a limit to how much a piece of equipment can increase a Stat.

==> Twelfth. Status Effects. Forget the multiple levels, I will re design a couple of them. Also likely reduce the number of Status Effects.

==> Finally, Impulsiveness and Sensibility Gauges. I originally designed them as constantly changing values that increased with certain events and decreased with rest and relaxation. I've determined that's too complicated, does little sense, and makes them hard to use in battle. SO, I will change this particular mechanic so it becomes a stoic value changeable temporally through Skills and abilities, and permanently ONLY in very rare occassions. I will also invert how the whole Grimdark/Trickster thing works. Before, having max in either gauge caused either state to occur. Now it will be the reverse. Going Grimdark/Trickster makes the gauges increase to the max, not the other way around.

That's it for now. I will edit this post as these changes are carried out.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back