• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

MMORPG style RP

Spirit Saki

Loli-Shouta
Before you continue reading, THIS WILL NOT BE SWORD ART ONLINE 2.0... MOST LIKELY. And if you haven't left by now, here is my idea:

In an alternate world, 12 Ancient Folke ruled over the world. After many years of broken promises and lost trust, the Old Folke' conflicts had peaked. They were beginning to divide into two sides.

One side, the Spring, consisted generally of those with gentler and healing based powers. The Ancient Folke on this side were Arethusa the elder nymph, Donel the elf lord, Orrlan the bringer of light, Surinya the spirit guide, nature's protector Ravan, and Aethelwyne the life bringer.

The other side, Winter, consisted of those with harsher and darker powers. The Ancient Folke of Winter were Deimos the god of Terror, Carling the transcendent witch, Nyx the personification of night, Revar the bringer of eternal sleep, Xanti of eternal silence, and Karyth the warbringer.

The humans living on the planet were each chosen by one of the Ancient Folke. Like parentage, the humans had no choice in who picked them. A 10 sided dice can be used for this with each number corresponding to one of the Ancient Folke. A human's Ancient Folke would be known as their patron.

Somewhat like a MMORPG, every person will earn skill points and be able to use them to level up things like their weapon mastery, blacksmithing skill, acrobatics skill, etc. Aha, but here's the catch! Skill points will be earned per X amount of posts, not level. Also, there are no classes. just skill masteries. So if one wanted to, and they had enough skill points, they could be an acrobatic chef who dual wields chainsaws... if a chainsaw mastery was a skill.

For the production skills (cooking, alchemy, blacksmithing, etc), there would be a certain success rate, which will never exceed 100%, and people would indeed be able to sell what they made. If this rp actually happens, I'll request an extra tab for shops.

Yes, there will be a map of this RP's world. It will most likely have a general town in the beginning that anyone can enter along with 10 major cities, one city for each patron. In a patron's city, the humans with said patron would have special privileges, such as being able to open a shop, buy a house, and heal X amount per post. People would also be able to open shops and buy houses in the general town, but things would cost more there.

Missions. All mmorpgs have them and I'd be surprised if you weren't expecting them. There will be two types of missions. The first being available to anyone. The second will only be available to humans with a certain patron, usually assigned by said patron. Of course, missions will give money and maybe a bonus skill point or two.

I was planning for this to be a more open RP with the option to write a few sentences or a novel if one wanted to. Although, I don't recommend a continuous use of one liners.

General rules would be as follows:

No murdering anyone with the same patron

No murdering anyone without both writers agreeing to have said character killed

No random masteries without skill points

No auto teleporting

No god mod/auto hits (except on monsters)/Mary Sues/Gary Stus

DO NOT USE THE WORD BAE because that word annoys me to no end for some reason. Just typing it in the previous sentence annoys me mildly... But I probably won't really enforce this rule

And now for the big question.

Would anyone be interested in this?

I sincerely thank anyone who has read all of this and thank you a second time if you leave your opinion below.

[QUOTE="Spirit Saki]Doesn't it still count as a nation? Or should I have placed it under fantasy?

[/QUOTE]
fantasy would be better

[QUOTE="Spirit Saki]I apologize. I thought it would fit better under here since nation building includes any genre and I was planning on building a world.

[/QUOTE]
nation building is where players take control of a nation

This looks similar to what I have in mind, but haven't done anything since I don't know how to organize it yet.

I want to participate. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back