• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom MLP: Age of Exploration - Descent into Hell

Avedon Avedon
Lucian... thought it best not to respond to most of that! He kept his expression pretty neutral. He knew what she was and knew that she probably saw death very differently than he did, so he wasn't going to judge. Unlike most angels who were... kind of dicks... Lucian took the old 'angel code' to heart. He was very serious about protecting the innocent and ridding the world of evil, but was also very serious about being fair to all. Even evil.

Most angels just sort of... well, they weren't the nicest folk.

"Yes... Yes, my name is Lucian." He said while shaking those crazy images Nightfall just described into his head. "I've only been an angel for a few months. Started as a nobody and wound up as a Solar. You'd think other angels would see that as impressive but they mostly just see me as impure."

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver
"Of course you're impure. You're mortal. Mortal's thoughts naturally drift against sin. But you're also Good. Something you cannot be if you're "pure". If you don't know what evil is within yourself, you're not really good you're just...well, an angel. I'd take one Arch-Angel that had to struggle with the nature of the world than a whole heavenly host to fight by my side..."
She said putting one paw over the other and staring rather intently to his eyes

Avedon Avedon
That might be the sweetest thing that another immortal had ever said to him! Lucian blushed a bit and looked away with a smile on his face. Despite his radiant presence and, like, super charisma, he still embodied a regular old unicorn much more than the archangel is was supposed to be. "That's... thank you, Nightfall." He said while staring right back into her eyes! Now kiss!

He held out a hoof to her and motioned off to the side. "Ya wanna climb on and take a walk? It's going to be a long few days."

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver
No cat in the history of the world had ever turned down a chance to be lazy. Sure she had numerous ways to get around, but the best way was always someone getting around FOR her. She scampered up his arm to find the coziest spot between his wings, where vibrated happily.
"It will be but I'm kind of excited. Get to go out, see exotic places, meet new and interesting people, murder those same people, make friends. Takes me back to my days as an adventurer! Though speaking of the one we're going to be on, what can you do Mr. Archangel?~"

Avedon Avedon
Lucian had like the softest fur ever right between his wings so that was a good place for the cat to settle! He just chuckled to himself and set off walking... somewhere. He wasn't going anywhere specifically. He had his greatsword and could just teleport his armor onto himself when it was time to go. "What can I do? Do you mean, like... my powers? I can, uh... smite, call storms of radiant energy, heal the wounded with a touch, things like that."

GeneralTyrus GeneralTyrus

The nigh comically prominent frown was a little hint that he didnt particularly like being patted on the head, or being called a pony. But to his credit, he didnt say anything bitter, nor did he bite his tongue to do so. However he was certainly thinking I am not a pony very very hard.

The not being given any power news was not good news, but he did expect as much. But it never hurt to ask. Hurrico did raise an eye when Celestia conjured the trinket.

He took it, and looked at it a bit skeptically. Turning it over in his claws before looking back up to her, then the necklace, then to her again.

His frown did lessen, however. "Will it, really?" He asked. Hurrico, while he may not have actually had a high opinion of her. He did 'trust' her. Loosely. Ponies were supposed to be honest and kind and stuff, so with her being the top Princess, he sort of figured she embodied all of that.(aside from the stuff he made fun of her for) Then again... 'supposed to' ain't 'isn't.

Though, he never did get the feeling the Princess did 'bad' things. And she did give him what her asked for even though he didnt do all that much to deserve it (even by his own standards). He sat down on the stairs and sat his little pile of gems to the side.

He examined the necklace again... jewelry was for ponies. He wasnt a pony. Made him a little embarrassed about what he was going to do next. Hurrico would fumble the necklace over his head, and wear it. Dragon lord, this wasnt it wasnt his proudest moment, but she did say it would help. So decided to believe that it would.

With a bit of effort, he did actually manage to say something nice on his own volition.

"...Thankyou..."

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver
"Yeah I've never fought with or against an angel before. I adventured alongside a paladin though. Not many of you guys would tolerate a necromancer..."
Nightfall stretches out, letting every limb go limp as she went to a cats natural liquid state.
"Not that I can ALWAYS blame them. Alot of necromancers...well they'd swiftly become my enemies due to a difference in ideology."

Dumbledoof Dumbledoof Dreamweaver Dreamweaver

"Oh course," Starlight answered Twilight in a serious tone. "We might not give that impression, but we know what's at stake here and we will get serious when the time comes."

And then Luna mentioned, out loud, the fate of Twilight's brother. Starlight cringed. So hard. Twilight teleported away to go do some Twilighting which was completely understandable. However, Trixie misunderstood and thought Twilight had left because of her. Starlight was about to reassure Trixie thatit wasn't because of her that Twilight had left, when her wife turned round, faced her down, and chewed her out. Starlight's ears drooped, and she reached out to touch Trix's shoulder. "Trixie..." she began in a pleading voice.

That's when Luna approached them, holding a black box. Starlight didn't know what was in it, just that she could sense its power. She took it, but it was only when Luna explained that it should only be used as a last resort, and that Trixie knew what it was. Starlight immediately realized too what this box contained. The moment it was in her hooves, she hastily stuffed it into one of her saddle bags, and then cast a protective charm on the bag.

"Don't worry, Princess Luna. I absolutely will not let that box be opened unless we have no other choice."

"Him? Oh, that's Lucian. Him an' mah little sister are a couple. He's solid. Kind, hardworkin', eager to please. Ah'm glad he'll be helpin' out with this mission, that's for sure."

D. Rex D. Rex

Celestia would smile at Rico, and reach forward, resting a hoof upon his shoulder, "Rico, you've come here to help in a task that is very important to me." She'd say, before inhaling quietly, "You're going out to do us... a service. You know the risks, and we thank you for that." She'd say, referring to both herself and her sister. She'd give his shoulder a little squeeze before letting go, "Now I suggest that you go and apologize to Queen Cada. She also chose to come on this venture. Respect her as if she were your friend, because she will be fighting against the same things as you." She'd say, nodding her head, before looking away, signalling that the conversation was over.

Cyan Hide Cyan Hide

Cada would raise a brow at Applejack, "That Archangel... Lucian, is the partner to your own sister?" She'd ask, before thinking about the mention of eager to please. She thought it was a little strange, but guessed it was just a polite compliment. She'd look over at Lucian, "I suppose that I should go speak to him at some point, since I will be fighting alongside him. Hopefully he'll be less spiteful of me, than one Shining Armor." She'd say, almost sounding sad. Considering she knew the source of Shining's hatred, she couldn't really blame him now.

Wellll... 'come here to help' was one way to put it. It was technically accurate at least. He didnt say anything though, the rhe touchy feely stuff was making him feel a little uncomfortable. But the importance of that being that he was feeling what she was laying down. Now he felt obligated to give his all. And that wasnt something he particularly liked. That nor the infectious soft pony feelings. Oh well.

At her next request, Hurrico visibly deflated. Of course... give a pony a 'thank you're and it will expect a 'I'm sorry'. These are dragons aren't supposed to say. Like it was some sort of unspeakable pony language. Still... he knew he was going to do it anyway. As it did seem to matter to her. Uhg. Disgusting.

He picked up his gems, and opened his mouth wide, shoving them all inside. "ShFfwrine." He responded begrudgingly through the mouthful so he didnt have to hear himself say it.

He got up, standing with a slouch and walked over to the where he had left the bug. Part of him hoping his mouth would still when he got there.

GeneralTyrus GeneralTyrus Cyan Hide Cyan Hide

His mouth was not full when he got there. Having walked up to Queen Cada and Applejack. This was a bit unfortunate given that meant another pony had to hear him say it. Embarrassment might very kill him before the friends in hell did.

Rico took a deep breath, and held it. His body procrastinating saying it. Dragons weren't supposed to be sorry. It should be that they were physically impossible to pronounce those particular patterns of sounds. That wasn't the case. Of course, but it sure did feel like it

He couldn't hold his breath forever, and before he turned blue(er) he finally had to spit it out. Maybe he should do it really quick like ripping off a bandaid (not that that bothered him because he was a tough dragon) "Imsorryicalledyouastupidbug." Rico would finally say, somehow looking a bit defiant after saying that.

Uhg... somehow he knew he wasnt done..."And that I called you a stupid pony.." he said to Applejack. There. Perfect apology.

He stood there waiting, unsure of what to do now that he degraded himself in such a way. His eyes did drift upwards and to the side. As if pretending it was not as hard to say that as it was.

D. Rex D. Rex

Cada would look up as Rico came over, and slowly raised a brow as he seemed to be holding his breath. She actually started to worry a bit as he took a while to actually do anything else. When he suddenly blurted out the apology, she'd raise a brow, and seem to be in thought. After a few seconds, she'd slowly nod her head, "Thanks." She'd say flatly, before looking at him with narrowed eyes as he said his second apology to Applejack.

Avedon Avedon Cyan Hide Cyan Hide D. Rex D. Rex GeneralTyrus GeneralTyrus Dumbledoof Dumbledoof
After an hour had passed, each hero stood assembled once more in the throne room. Shining Armor had been moved to a different division away from Queen Cada and would be taking control of the troops there. Mostly because I already have enough to focus on and he doesn't need to be there!

The heroes would find Empress Luna waiting for them in the throne room, clad in... nothing at all! She just had a silver quarterstaff leaning against her which seemed to shine like moonlight. She had no need for armour and did not really want to wear any down in hell, where the heat would probably already annoy her. Better to go naked. Empress Celestia was not present in the throne room.

Empress Luna waited for everypony to assembled, and then closed the throne room doors behind them. She had no words right now, besides getting straight down to business. "Empress Celestia and a mass of Equestrian soldiers have already entered Hell to set up our base camp. They left an hour ago and things appear to be going well, from what Celestia had been telling me. When you step through the portal you will arrive in the middle of the base camp, and from there your groups will each be given a job to do."

"Things in Hell appear to be dire right now, and as such I will be going to speak with the local Archfiend. We... may very well end up fighting alongside the Devils."
Luna said with a little frown, specifically directed at Lucian who seemed relatively unhappy with that news. He didn't hate Devils per say, he would just really rather not fight alongside them.

"... Good luck, heroes. And thank you." Luna said before her horn started glowing, and the air in the middle of the throne room shimmered. After a few seconds of concentration she tore a hole in reality there, and through the portal the heroes could see a quickly assembled camp surrounded by a barrier of holy magic. As long as Celestia was maintaining that barrier, the Devils would not dare attack. Instead they stood just outside the barrier in amazingly coordinated lines of troops, patiently waiting to march forward and slaughter the Equestrian's.

After closing the portal behind the last Equestrian, the first thing Luna did was come over to see how her wife was doing. She knew that maintaining this barrier for a mere hour wasn't very difficult... Celestia could do so for months at this rate. It was especially nice since the Devils weren't showing signs of aggression. The barrier would quickly fail if thousands of Devils started to hammer on it with weapons!

"You've done wonderfully, Celestia." Luna said while approaching her and nuzzling her gently. She looked around at the small camp which already had stone walls risen up all around it and all manner of lookout towers and siege weaponry, and she smiled a bit. Equestria could get a lot done with magic when it set its mind to it. "The lack of aggression from the Devils tells me that the Archfiend wishes to speak with us. You must stay here, however. If you leave the barrier will fall, and we cannot have that. I will take Twilight, Starlight and Trixie with me to meet with the Archfiend and perhaps from there they will help us rescue Aurora."

That's all Luna said before turning and leaving. It wasn't even an argument really, the barrier simply had to be maintained.

Cyan Hide Cyan Hide GeneralTyrus GeneralTyrus Dumbledoof Dumbledoof
Trixie was still staring at that damned amulet, but broke her gaze away when the portal tore open. She could immediately feel the awful heat from that cursed realm, and shuddered. Even now she could hear the screams of the damned through the portal and it sent a shiver up her spine. But Trixie was nothing if not brave, and she was the first one through the portal. She immediately took comfort in the dome of holy light around them, but felt a darkness in her heart. This was not a place she was supposed to be.

After a few minutes, Luna approached the three of them. "Twilight Sparkle, Starlight Glimmer, Trixie Lulamoon... you three are with me. We are going to speak with the Archfiend and see if they can direct us towards where Aurora is being held. The Devils are not being aggressive at all and I take that as a sign of peace from this race. If they aren't attacking, there's likely a reason."

Cyan Hide Cyan Hide D. Rex D. Rex Dumbledoof Dumbledoof
Spitfire was also the first through the portal, mainly because the heat didn't bother her at all. She flew through and immediately skidded to a halt when she felt that same coldness creep into her soul. Hell did not want her here, it didn't want any of them here and it made that known. For as long as they remained here it would feel as if a shadow was lurking over them, ready to consume them at any time.

After looking around, the group actually found a very modest job; help with the construction of some buildings! Nothing really important yet, but that would come later. For now they had to get their camp set up and then they could adventure out, into the heart of Hell.

Avedon Avedon GeneralTyrus GeneralTyrus
Lucian was through the portal before Luna had even finished talking. He was actually quite excited to go down to hell! Cada, being the only mortal among the group, would immediately notice that same darkness settle over her soul... but it went away when Lucian was around. As such, Lucian spent a good majority of the first little while just hanging around ponies and helping out where he could.

It made the ponies a lot more comfortable to have an angel beside them, and it gave him something to do. He wanted to go out there and carve through the legions of Hell, but he couldn't do so without permission. And considering the Devils weren't attacking, neither would Lucian. He wasn't about to start the fight.

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver Cyan Hide Cyan Hide
Twilight Sparkle was situated with Trixie and Starlight Glimmer back in the throne room. While she had certainly said she would ignore Trixie for the most part, that wasn't exactly the truth. It's more like she'll be ignoring any quips or the mare's antics for the majority of this trip. She had better things to worry about at the moment than letting the mare rile her up. Mostly like trying to figure out how to get Aurora out of the clutches of Tiamat, of all beings in the world. Tiamat. What the fucking fuck.

She had stepped through the portal right after Trixie and Starlight, staring around the base camp in a little bit of awe. When Equestria wanted to, they worked extremely quickly. That would make this whole operation a bit smoother. The chill and shadow that fell over Twilight lasted for only a few moments, while never going away, she just shook off the feeling for the most part. This wasn't her first trip down here. Twilight was used to it at this point.

"It's a bit unnerving to see them just standing there in formation outside of the barrier." Twilight said, looking a little bit uncomfortable, but not really out of her element here. This was just yet another very daring, and potentially very dangerous adventure. "Hope the Archfiend is a cooperative one. Getting into a fight doesn't sound like it's the best approach unless necessary."

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver Cyan Hide Cyan Hide D. Rex D. Rex
The heat of this place was immediately bothersome and wasn't a bother at all to Rainbow. There were two reasons for that. One, the chill that settled, like a shadow, immediately made it feel like a bother. Two, she was used to this sort of thing from Spitfire... a long while ago. Sleeping in the same bed as a mare who could literally breathe fire made you pretty flexible when it came to temperatures. The extra warmth on those especially cold nights wasn't so bad...

It was something she frankly missed. She wished that she could go back into the past and fix the mistake she made by leaving, but whatever. What's done is done.

To make herself useful, Rainbow went about helping with the construction of the camp. A strong pegasus who could lift some fairly heavy loads was always a welcome addition. Unless you had a unicorn to do it all. Then... they could at least keep the skies clear. Damn unicorns, stealing all their jobs... deport them! Build a wall and make the unicorns pay for it!

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver
Nightfall found little to do while she waited. Lucian had the soldiers taken care of, and she didn't know the plan intricately enough to make any of her own plans. She had her magic ready, and she was at peace with the Hellish environment around them. She made a quick note counting the soldiers, sensing which of their deaths may have been close but the strange tides of this infernal pit made it difficult. She still did her best, wanting to make sure no soul was accidentally left behind or snatched up on a chaotic tide. She memorized each of them to be sure to find them if worse came to worse...and now that had just killed a few mintues.

The cat flopped out, bored...when all else failed, torture the arch-angel. She turned invisible and began to crawl over every last inch of his body as he went infront of the troops, tickling with her little paws as she walked on him, defying gravity.

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver Dumbledoof Dumbledoof

Starlight followed behind Trixie. Hell didn't unnerve her all too much but it was very hot. Starlight started to grow faintly green as she cast a spellm on herself to make the heat a little easier to bear. What was more concerning to her were the lines upon lines of devils outside Celestia's barrier, glaring at them. Hopefully this shield held.

Luna approached the three of them and told them of their first task; they were to speak with the Archfiend regarding Aurora's whereabouts. Unless this party was meant as a show of strength, was Starlight supposed to be the diplomatic one? She wasn't any worse than any other member of their party, including Luna. Twilight was perfectly fine in regular diplomacy but when she was nervous or intimidated, her charisma deserted her and she'd come across like a desperate dinner host.

Starlight stood beside her former mentor and looked out at the demon hordes with her. "This whole place is unnerving," she answered. "But Luna's right. If they wanted to attack, they'd have done so. They're here as a show of power; to remind us that we're here to bargain with them and not the other way round. And the fact he wants to speak is both a good and bad sign. It means that he wants to negotiate, which means that knows he has something we want, and he also wants something that we have."

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver Dumbledoof Dumbledoof D. Rex D. Rex

Applejack was one of the last to go through. The heat didn't affect her. Nor did the swarms of non-hostile demons standing and watching. The princesses had explained everything in a way that made sense, and she trusted them. What she hadn't been prepared for was the mental strain that simply being in hell put on her mind. She shouldn't be here. Her body was screaming it. The air around her was screaming it. Applejack looked visibly shaken by the effect, and she looked around, actually afraid. She shook it off. There was work to do, and a camp to help build. Applejack was strong enough, and practices enough at construction, that she very quickly and very easily got stuck right in. As she was helping some guards to lift a wooden frame, she looked to Dash, and to Spitfire, and to Rico, who were all off doing their own thing at present. It really got her wondering. They had brought the Elements, but with the six of them separated like this, would using them be a viable option once they all split up to do their own tasks?

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver Cyan Hide Cyan Hide Dumbledoof Dumbledoof (Interaction with Applejack)

This sucked. And this place reminded him of the dragon lands. The heat and color scheme did anyway. And walking made him feel like the Dragon Lord was hovering over him. Giving him the steely glare of malice and hunger.

Fortunately for Rico, it wasn't as bad as he expected! Or maybe it just be cause of paladin stuff. That isn't to say he liked it... the entire place felt 'wrong'. And if there wasnt some sort of pressing issue, he'd probably turn around right here and head back... Okay, it was probably worse than he expected. Or more accurately most of his inward bravado he was just trying to hype himself up. It wasnt hard to notice the discomfort of the ponies. If if they were gonna be shaking in there hooves, then he would stand tall to show them he wasnt that soft (even if in the inside he was having more than few doubts, but he didnt want then thinking him as weak as they probably already did). So what do you do when you are in such a situation? You got to focus on something. And the work right now was as good as anything.

Looking at the work of the camp around, Hurrico sighed. He honestly didnt see how this was some important work. How this would benefit them at all. They already had plenty of ponies here that could have done just that. And besides, he was a dragon! What did he know about building things?

Well he had to do something. He didnt know how to build anything. But he at least had muscle. Even if he was carrying already his mismatched pony armor, great mace and a great sword, moving all this stuff around should be cake. In lieu of any instructions, he didnt really know what else to do.

He would eventually work his way over to one of the ponies he had came in with. The Applejack one. "Hey, do you need any help?" He asked. Of a lot of the ponies around, she was at least looking like she was knowing what she was doing.

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver Cyan Hide Cyan Hide D. Rex D. Rex Dumbledoof Dumbledoof Avedon Avedon

Celestia had been waiting for Luna to return, growing more bored with time passing by as the chatter became more and more dull, before finally Luna returned. She sat up straight, and stood up quickly, getting herself ready. With words done, and everything being said, she'd move with them.

Being in hell, she felt perfectly fine, because she was used to the heat, and it didn't bother her. She'd look around at the units of demons all waiting around patiently, and rose a brow,looking to Luna as she approached. She'd smile and nod at Luna, before watching her leave. She'd then return her focus to the barrier, watching the ponies outside carefully.

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver Avedon Avedon

Cada would step throgh the portal, and come out, feeling a bit sick from the travel, then a bit of dread from being in this horrible place. She'd shift towards Lucian, feeling the sense of dread and horror leave her slowly, and would move around, helping him with others around the little base. She'd move back and forth, bringing things around with the use of her magic, and would occassionally look outward towards the army of demons. Personally, she had a pretty good feeling this was going to be absolutely awful! She couldn't wait to not return to all her children!

She'd shake her head, and look at Lucian, "Excuse me, I never got a chance to actually talk to you." She'd say, lifting a few crates of rations around, "It's a pleasure to meet you, Archangel." She'd say, smiling at him as she held out a hoof to him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back