• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Misfit guild of Seyoncè:: rp page

OOC
Here
Characters
Here

NeonFlow

The one who made Aerth
Supporter
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Our story begins with a bunch of strangers waking up in a sturdy wooden carriage with no windows, just a solid door. From the bumps and movement you can determine that this transport is going fast. Inside the cart everyone is in handcuffs and has been stripped of their belongings...
A goblin still unconscious,
Four beastkin, a reptile, a mouse, a insect and a Gorilla.
Two horned folk, one red the other appears more human.

The carriage lurches violently as its taken off the path, those inside might be able to determine that they just went off road. it's now everyone begins to stir awake.

Boh went to sit upright when he noticed his hands clasped together. "Taurshit" He mumbles, taking in the surroundings and what he can perceive. The emotions Boh could sense opposed each other in such a way that it was overwhelming.
"where are we?"
Being the question he managed to get out. The reptilian answered him.
"Day or two from Mograi. The bastards must have got you lot during the festival. Fools to think you could enjoy a human holiday. One by one they filled this box, telling me its destination was hell. I don't think it's prison they speak of."

Boh knew he had committed assault during the festival but didn't think the consequences would be so swift or severe. He was defending himself, not that his word meant much to the Authorities. A anger began welling up in the man as his eyes turned red.

How is everyone else waking up? They are handcuffed and in their clothes/gear, but they are missing their tools/weapons/equipment.
Agent23 Agent23 Because Because Caffeinated Joy Caffeinated Joy Abstracty Abstracty

Last edited:
The sudden lurch of the carriage jolted Xaphan awake. “Sonofabitch!” He reflexively tried to brace his hands against the floor to prevent himself from rolling to one side, only to find them tightly manacled. The edges of the metal around his wrists were blackened with the tell-tale scars of a sudden, intense heat too quickly extinguished. He had gone to Mograi, not intending to stay long, and had done his best to hide his face, though it was impossible to hide his species, thanks to the giant horns. He intended to find someone who would actually sell him some supplies, then leave. He hadn’t even gotten into the city when he was taken. The idiots tried to sneak up on him and didn’t count on his fire. He almost managed to break free, but someone knocked him out cold. Pity they didn’t manage to knock the binding element in his forehead out. It didn’t work anymore, since his master was dead, but he didn’t want to take the chance someone would figure it out and activate it with a new command. He shuddered, remembering the feeling of something other controlling him.

How the hell had they found him? He had been so careful to stay out of sight of too many people. He traveled at night and holed up somewhere hidden to sleep during the day. The only people he ever spoke to were the few tieflings he’d come across. Could one of them have identified him to the authorities? His burning coal eyes narrowed as he sat up slowly, listening to someone ask where they were, and the answer. Two days out of Mograi? How hard did they hit him?

“I wasn’t at the festival.” He growled. “Didn’t even make it into Mograi.” He looked around the carriage and scooted himself back to lean against a wall and drew up his knees, resting his bound wrists on them. “Did I at least singe one of them? I’ll burn this fucking thing down before I let them take me back the way I came.”

Gwen woke with a startled squeak as the jolting of the carriage knocked her slight frame sideways and straight into a wall. She lay still for a moment, whiskers twitching as she listened to took stock. She was moving, she had a headache, and she most definitely wasn’t alone. The mingling smells of the different species around her, accented with the sharp tang of warm metal, suggested she wasn’t exactly safe. Her heart hammered so loudly she thought it would burst in her chest. She didn’t understand what she’d done wrong. To her chagrin, tears sprang to her eyes, blurring her vision. Sniffling, she lifted her bound hands to scrub at her eyes and sat up slowly, trying to be as unobtrusive as possible.

She’d gone to Mograi, lured by the festival. For a while, she had been in her glory, wandering around the stalls and eagerly watching the jugglers, dancers and acrobats. It was all so captivating and wonderful, until it wasn’t. She heard them and smelled them before she saw them. One look told her everything she needed to know. They weren’t there as a welcoming committee. Gwen darted through the streets, squeezing through narrow aisles and passages too small for humans to follow her, but every time she thought she’d escaped, she was sent running in another direction. If she had been thinking clearly at all, she would have noticed they were herding her, and herd her they did, until she had nowhere else to go. After that, it was a simple matter for one of them to pluck her off her feet. It wasn’t as if she weighed much, compared to them.

“I wasn’t doing anything wrong.” She whispered softly, as if to herself, staring, for a moment, at the angry tiefling and his ember bright eyes, before looking at the reptilian, then the odd smelling, horned human-looking man.

“Why should I not be allowed to enjoy a festival?” She asked, finding her voice.I don’t think any of us wanted to hurt anyone. I just want to live my life. Find a place to be happy and welcome…wanted.” She gasped suddenly, looking around frantically. “My books. Where are my books?”

Last edited:
A little kobold named Tik rubbed her aching head as, like the other inhabitants of the wooden box on wheels, she lurched from side to side on an unknown bumpy road. Once her brain was caught up to speed, she looked frantically about the carriage for the way out. The only means of an exit was on the opposite side of her, passed large and scary folk. Some of them spoke, cursing, claiming to have done nothing wrong, and searching for their belongings. Tik too realized that she didn't have any of her toys with her. rendering her utterly useless. She cowered into the wall behind her.

"Tik is sorry. Tik is sorry." Her voice was small and stuffy, and she sniffed as if she were just crying, although panic prevented her from drawing tears. "Tik didn't mean to give the little elf girl a doll. Tik won't do it again, she promises."

From what Tike last remembered, she was at the festival with a bag of her toys. She had seen a little elf girl crying alone. Perhaps she was lost, for her guardians were nowhere to be seen. Tik took out a beautiful doll that she had just finished crafting, crept over to the girl, and handed her the toy. The little girl stopped crying and took the doll.

"Wind it up. Makes music. Lovely sounds so girl won't cry." Tik explained, moving her hand in a cranking motion to show the girl. The girl did not listen to Tik, focusing on her scaly hand instead. The girl cried out, something hard knocked Tik upside the head, and she woke up here.

Tik's greatest allies, her hands, were cuffed behind her back. Her fingers investigated the wall behind her as she begged for mercy and bowed her head. "Mercy for Tik. Mercy." Her right hand grazed something sticking out of the wall, so she focused her attention on it. Was it a nail, perhaps? It was sharp, a splint in the wood. Not sharp enough to break the cuffs, but perhaps if she could pull it out of the wall she can fasten a primitive lockpick.

Oroseus Niralis only awakened very slowly, his massive frame moving ever so slightly and emitting quiet creaking noises, as carapace shells were forced together due to the handcuffs restricting his movement. Slowly, individual whiskers of his fluffy frill around the neck started to twitch until finally a pair of small, black eyes opened. The Oryctoid quietly observed his environment, stoically ignoring the discomfort caused by the bumpy ride and the accompanying restraints. As he slowly shifted his body weight he managed to sit more upright and take in the unusual scenery and the strange lifeforms around him. A rattling sound came from his throat, followed by a sharp, musty hiss as he let out his frustration in order to refocus himself.

"Have no fear, little one.", he calmly told the very apologetic kobold next to him, after observing and listening for a moment. Apparently she was called Tik and not accused of some heinous crime as one would imagine. Oroseus had very little understanding of the customs of this place and its strange inhabitants, but by his logic gifting a doll to a girl wasnt much of crime at all. His voice was surprisingly calm and unlike the fellow prisoners, he refrained from cursing or begging, as if the situation was entirely mundane to him. "I would rather appreciate it if you didnt burn this thing down.", he let the agitated Tiefling know, trying his best to remain calm and stoic. "Burning us all down solves nothing.", he continued, before taking a deep breath in and pulling at his handcuffs in one quick, harsh motion. He repeated this three times, each time using more force, until he had to capitulate. Reaching the silent conclusion that they were at the mercy of whoever had dragged them in here, but the martial traditions of his people forbade him from showing fear or frustration in the face of strangers.

But deep down Oroseus knew they were in big trouble, as the reasons for their arrest seemed arbitrary at best. He couldnt even imagine why he had been taken himself, so he tried to focus on something more practical instead. "So, what and where is this ominous hell you talked about?", he directed his inquiry at the reptilian who seemed to know at least a tiny bit more than the rest of them.

Lastly, he turned his head towards the meekest voice he had heard, bowing his head slightly towards the Ratling and trying to give an encouraging smile, well aware of the limitations of his facial features. But he had seen the people here do that, so he did his best to try.

The reptilian eyes each person to speak judging them, the only one he thinks is worth speaking to is the large insect. "no clue" His face mimics a smile as his mouth moves to show teeth. "it's speculation on my part, I've escaped every prison in Fallah. Where I'm being taken now... well its different, new."
The smile fades but he remains staring at the insect.

Boh could sense Fear, anger, sorrow... but curiosity also hung in the air.
The goblin woke up to add to the noise. "Shut yah holes!"
The horned bard couldn't help but laugh at the goblin. "you sound so tough for such a small creature" Boh grins looking at others to see if they found it as amusing as him.
"I'll bite out ya throat!"
The goblin declares as he rushes at Boh with fangs exposed. The two have a scuffle that the goblin loses because of the size difference and the fact everyone is handcuffed.

Laughter and cheers can be heard outside the carriage, if one was to listen intently or have strong hearing. They'd also notice the sound of hooves... like alot of them.

Gwen turned her attention to the kobold. Tik, she said her name was. “Tik? That’s you’re name? I’m Gwen. Listen, I don’t think you did anything wrong, either. Giving a girl a toy isn’t a crime. Just being alive seems like crime enough for these people.” She paused, deep in thought, only half listening to the discussion around her. The tiefling threatening to burn the carriage down. The insectoid asking him not to, then looking at her and…what…smiling? The brief scuffle between the goblin and the human looking man with horns. Laughter outside.

Her sharp ears picked up the sound of shoed horse hooves hitting stone and earth. “There are a lot of them out there.” She said suddenly. “What are they afraid of? I mean, OK. You’re dangerous.” She gestured to the Tiefling, “So are the three of you.” Her hand waved to encompass the insectoid, the horned human and the reptile. “Pardon me…the four of you, Mr. Goblin. Maybe Tika, if she needs to – I don’t know. Me, though? Not in the slightest. A stiff breeze could knock me over and I hate violence.”

She shifted to a more comfortable position. “In fact, the only one of us who has admitted to being a criminal, unless, of course, you were wrongly committed, is you.” She gestured to the reptilian, “You, Tiefling, don’t want to go back to…wherever you came from, but that doesn’t mean you’re a criminal. Something’s weird, here. Ugh, OK, let’s start with names. I don’t want to go around call you ‘Tiefling’, or ‘Goblin’, and so on. I’m Gwen Aubert.”

Xaphan turned to look at the large insect creature, and took a breath to reply, only to be interrupted by the snarling goblin telling them all to shut up. He tilted his head to one side, smirking at the horned human’s words, then laughing outright when the goblin attacked and was easily put down. “You’re like a small, vicious dog. Yap, yap, yap. All bark and no bite to you.”

He heard their captors cheering outside and found himself nodding in agreement when the ratling said there were a lot of them, then laughing again, this time bitterly, when she called him dangerous. “Of course, I’m dangerous. I’ve only been told how much of a dangerous menace I am for my entire life.” He glanced away, trying not to feel hurt at the assumption he was dangerous just for being a Tiefling. An Asmodeus Tiefling, to be exact. He was used to it, but it didn't mean he liked it.

He shook his head when she brought up his potential, but non-existent criminal past. “No. I’m not a criminal. I’ve hurt people, yes, but in self defence. I don’t want to go back to captivity. To being someone else’s…tool. Or their scapegoat.”

Xaphan looked around at everyone, grateful for the distraction of introducing themselves to one another. . Names would definitely be a good start. I’m Xaphan.” He looked at the kobold. “We know you’re Tik.”

Last edited:
Boh kicks the goblin back to where he sat and took a moment to sit back up triumphantly. The goblin snarls but sits put waiting for another chance or maybe just defensive/hurt because he couldn't bite a throat.
"Xaph, Tik, Gwen. Boh be my name, i admit I did a crime but it was more self defence then assault..."
The horned man answered. The reptilian glanced between them all before smiling again briefly, still only looking at the insect he says. "my name is Sihan, I have been imprisoned many times but i am no criminal. I am simply a creature longing to be free"

Boh snorted "don't call yourself a creature" "all who think and feel under the sun and three moons are creatures." Sihan answered not even looking at what he deemed foolish.
"no see, if you said all beings i could get behind that. Like everyone here is most likely a being of some sort. That sleeping ape has clothes for example, the goblin can speak the most common language. Meaning we are all beings. Wolves, birds, fish are all alive and feeling. They be creatures snakeman"

Sihan glanced at Boh but for a moment though saw no reason to respond. Boh took that as a victory despite sensing no emotion from the reptilian. Instead he turned to the others. "we thinking fight to escape the moment that door opens?"
"i'll bite the throat of whoever opens the door!"
The goblin seemed on board with said plan.

Tik would find herself unable to pick the locks, if she had her tools or anything better then a splinter she probably could free herself. Sadly the carriage has nothing of use for escape, apart from those physically able to destroy all means of captivity. Probably better to scope out the situation though before committing to burning the immediate surroundings.

(For a spoiler or a hint ask me in the ooc)

Last edited:
Tik felt a little bit more at ease with the Oryctoid's words. He was still scary because of his size, but he did look similar to some of the creatures Tik grew up with, though they were a whole lot smaller.

In the scuffle between the horned man and the goblin, Tik accidentally scratched herself on the splinter from the wall while trying to back out of the way. The small piece of wood did come off the wall, but it was too small to be used as a lockpick. The giant rat seemed kind, like the oryctoid. Name was Gwen. Tik tucked away that information along with the names of the others. For better or worse, she was stuck with these people. Since they all seemed to be in the same situation as her, she'd rather take her chances with them than the laughter and hooves outsides. These creatures, however unwilling they are to fight, are big and have a better chance at overpowering an enemy, Tik thought. She needed to prove herself useful if she were to escape with them.

"Tik doesn't think we should fight. Tik thinks we should take captors by surprise and run as soon as door opens." She stood up and wobbled over to the door. "Hard wood. Force alone won't open it. Maybe we stay right up at door. Captors may not expect us so close, push passed them. Run for the hills, run away from the hells."

Another hiss emitted from the massive Insectoid, but this time it drew on for much longer. The reactions of the equally unfortunate prisoners around him were frustrating for him, only the one introducing herself as Gwen Aubert was acting more to his liking. He remained mostly quiet as the fight broke us, trying to contemplate on what the best cause of action was, but the short disturbance distracted him too much. He closed his eyes, trying to focus on the noises outside, but without much success. All he could tell that there were a lot of horses and people, their laughs causing some more concern in an already desperate situation.

"My name is Oroseus... it is pleasant to meet you, despite the circumstances...", he tried to remain polite, but his neck frills kept twitching anxiously, as more and more plans for escape were thrown out. "I also despise violence, but I understand that it is a necessity sometimes...", he slowly joined the ongoing discussion, slowly shaking his head at the prospect of fighting their way out. "This, however, is not one of those times. Whatever they may accuse us of, we would just proof them right. Besides... there is not much to fight with, seeing that they have taken away our personal belongings and are likely outnumbering us. Not to mention... these irons...", he tired his best to reason with everyone, whilst remaining as calm as possible.

"And how far do you intend to run, considering they have horses?", he asked, as Tik layed out a different plan. Oroseus slowly shook his head again. "Do as you please, but I will not participate in any charge outside. We are civilized folk, at least I would believe so. The traditions and customs of these lands are still strange to me, but I cannot imagine that an ill-fated attempt at escape will improve our situation...", he concluded, slowly resting his head back at the wood behind himself after finishing and returning to being a silent observer. Oroseus was well aware that he might be making a mistake and his pride might be getting the better of him, but he decided that he wasnt going to run away like a common thief, despite being treated like one.

Xaphan nodded in agreement at the Oryctoid, "You took the words right out my mouth, Oroseus. I don't know how many others are out there, but I can hear well enough to say a lot. More than we can take on and survive, especially without any of our equipment, and there's no way any of us could outrun a horse. Or a well-placed arrow. Sure, we might catch them off-guard, but we wouldn't get far before they got over their surprise. It would be a good plan, Tik, if there were only a few of them. Unfortunately, they see people like us as the worst of the worst, and they're ready for it." the Tiefling lifted his arms and waggled his fingers, "We need to get rid of these, somehow, first. Then we need our stuff."

His gaze searched out the carriage, looking for something they might be able to use to aid in their escape, but seeing nothing. There were no widows, so they couldn't look outside to see where they were, but the lurching told him they weren't on a road. Whereever they were headed was somewhere well off the beaten path; possibly not easy to find by the casual traveller. Probably not easily found by following the sounds of screaming, either. Fucking perfect. "I don't go out of my way looking for a fight, but the world is a violent place for those of us unlucky enough to be born a 'monster'. I don't object to knocking a few skulls together when it's called for, and, I'll admit, it can feel pretty damn good, sometimes." He bared his sharp teeth in a brief, but feral grin, "So. My thoughts, for what they're worth. We're not on a road. Most carriages I've seen aren't exactly built for the wear of off-road travel, so that means this thing is built. It's sturdy, but heavy and not easy to pull. It won't be capable of executing a quick turn. Second, and I don't know where I'm going with this, so maybe someone smarter than me can figure it out, but there's no windows. We can't look outside, but neither can they look in to see what we're doing. I see perfectly well in the dark. How about you lot? They have to stop for a rest some time."

He blew a strand of inky hair out of his eyes and sighed when it flopped back down in front of his face, "I grew up fighting. I'm good at it. I'm also good with fire, and resistant to it. If we're relying on each other I'd like to know what we can all do. We already know the goblin likes to bite throats, but it's yet to be determined if he's any good at it."

Gwen smiled as everyone else introduced themselves, nodded her head in greeting as they did. She shifted again, not used to being made to sit in one place for so long, and listened to the converstion unfold around her. When Sihan suggested they attack as soon as the door open she shook her head frantically. "I couldn't possibly! I wouldn't know the first thing to do in a fight. Goodness, why does that seem to be everyone's first response? You can't punch and stab your way out of everything."

She watch Tik walk over to the door to inspect it and followed her, glad to be on her feet and moving, even if she had to fight to keep her balance in the lurching carriage. Of course, the hinges were on the outside. It would only be too easy if they had overlooked that small detail. Gwen smiled gently at Tik when both Oroseus and Xaphan shot down both escape ideas. It would have been a good plan, if they weren't so grossly outnumbered. It seemed to her Sihan was only too eager to push them all into a far too dangerous situation. She didn't entirely trust his motives were as altruistic as he seemed to want them to think they were.

Gwen looked over her shoulder at Xaphan, "My life wasn't violent at all. I'm not from The Warrens, so we were all free. I've never had to fight. Not physically, anyway. The worst thing I've ever done was sneak into town and hide under the schoolhouse windows to listen in on the lessons. I like to learn. I like to read. I don't know what I can do to be of help. I know how to grow crops, how to raise farm animals. I know herbs and their uses." She bit her lip in thought, "Oh, and I can squeeze through tiny spaces. I can see in the dark, I have excellent hearing, and an excellent sense of smell."

She watched Xaphan struggle with his long hair hanging in his face and walked over to him, tsking softly when she lifted her hands to push it out of the way for him and he jerked back, eyes narrowed suspiciously. "Don't be silly. What do you think I could do to you? I just want to help with your hair so you can see." She pushed his hair back. "See?"

She tilted her head to one side and looked at him consideringly. "Xaphan. How hot would metal have to be before it could break?"

Xaphan shook his head. "Hot enough to give you serious burns. Me? Not so bad, but bad enough."

"That's what I was afraid of. Thank you, all the same."
She walked back to the door and pressed her ear to it, closing her eyes to help her focus on hearing anything of potential use outside the carriage. Their intended location, where they were, where their stuff was, anything.

Last edited:
Tik sniffled as her idea was shot down. She wracked her brain for another idea. Feigning illness? Playing dead? It seems the larger folk are resigned to waiting and seeing what their captors have planned for them.

"Big Oryctoid may be civilized, but people out there are not. If what all of you say is true, they kidnap us for no reason. That doesn't sound civilized to Tik," Tik whimpered. She wiggled her hands frantically against the handcuffs. She was starting to panic again. She wasn't claustrophobic, but something about being carted off to her doom just didn't sit right. There was nowhere to hide. The others were talking about what they could do, but all Tik could think of that she could do at the moment was survive.

Back when she was serving her dragon lord, Tik and her family would do whatever the dragon lord said, be it get him food or set a village on fire. It was the thing to do in order to survive. Morals are pushed aside when life is on the line. That mentality was distilled in her brain, and it was the only idea she had left, sitting in this carriage.

"Tik wishes they could get it over with. Tik can't wait for much more. Maybe Tik could scream, get their attention. Do what they want so they will let Tik go." Tik paced the carriage and then kicked her foot against the wall where she believed the driver of this carriage would be. "Hello?! Tik is awake! Tik will help, but let us out! Hello?!"

Gwen wouldn't hear much beyond the sound of hooves and soldiers. The laughter and cheering has died down as they near the intended destination. The driver of the carriage hears someone kick the wall and make sounds about wanting to be let out. "Calm down... Not long to go!"
Was the answer Tik got for her efforts.

The goblin moved into position waiting to bite the throat of any who opens the door. Boh held back a laugh as he found himself with a bit of admiration for the goblin's confidence...
Sihan glances at the goblin before looking back at Oroseus asking "you intend to simply wait?"

Boh made speculation outloud
"if it isn't prison that we're heading but we've been kept alive... they obviously have plans for us, putting us to work maybe? Having us fight each other for some nobles amusement perhaps?"
He would need to see the situation before making a plan, but Boh Rudjoy is no ones slave. He would die before that happened...

It didnt take long for the unfortunate group of prisoners to be back at the beginning. At least they knew each others names now and some were even sharing a few personal notes, but the escape plans were shelved - which was a good thing, as far as Oroseus was concerned. He could understand the frustration of the Kobold called Tik, but he felt obligated to warn everyone about what would happen in a fight. Xaphan agreed and Oroseus was very glad about it, as the Tiefling had seemed quite agitated and rightfully so. "I can barely see you... there is faint light coming through some cracks and the door, but it isn't a whole lot I can see.", he admitted when Xaphan started to plan again, but he prefered to remain mostly quiet otherwise, until Tik adressed him directly. "We just dont know their reason. Not that it would do us any good anyways, but this is too well organized for a random kidnapping of strangers.", he tried to explain his thoughts, well aware that it would not calm the kobold down.

Soon, Tik would kick at the carriage and get their captors attention, not the worst idea for Oroseus. "I do intend to wait. I prefer a bad situation I know to an unknown situation thats likely going to be worse. If they only intend to harm us, I will not go quietly, but for now... I dont see an attempt that doesnt put us in a worse spot...", he explained to Sihan, as soon as he was asked about it. "Admittedly... the situation is especially bad... but seeing as we are almost there... lets not drive ourselves crazy speculating...", he remained stoic and almost too cold to the situation they were in. It once again came back to his heritage, if a warrior was to show fear, those he was entrusted to protect would become even more fearful.

But despite making his intentions of just waiting known, he tried to focus on whatever small clue he could get on their whereabouts. Trying to wreck his brain for anything that happened before things went dark, he couldnt remember any wrong-doing of his part. "Those are very useful skills, Gwen. We will find a way of returning to our homes, have faith.", he tried to change to a more optimistic tone, if only to distract them from growing even more anxious. If the end of the journey was indeed imminent, at least they would know their fates.

Xaphan sighed deeply and leaned his head back against the carriage wall, listening to Oroseus talk to Gwen, Tik beg to be let out and the response from outside telling her to be patient. They would be there soon. Wherever “there” was. He clenched his fists, almost tight enough for his talons to draw blood from his palms as the conversation between Sihan, Boh and Oroseus unfolded.

Sihan was definitely picking on his last frayed nerve. He opened his eyes and turned his head to glare at him, his red eyes two burning points in the darkness of the carriage. “OK, Sihan, since you’re not happy to wait and see what’s waiting for us, tell us your fucking genius plan. How exactly are we getting out of here with no gear, no idea where we are, no idea who has us, and no idea how many we face against, besides ‘a lot’? So far, the only thing we can do is burn this carriage down, but as Oroseus pointed out, it would burn as all along with it. I could burn a hole in the floor – I’ve gotten good at controlling the temperature of my fire – and we can jump through to freedom, but to what? How many people? How do we get our manacles off? We’ve all been talking about this, except for you. So far, all you’ve done is sneer, suggest we fight and act surprised when we give every good reason not to, yet.”

He looked at Boh, “I refuse to be any noble’s entertainment, or anyone else’s slave. If someone wants us to do a job, it’s probably something too dirty, too illegal, or too dangerous to risk anyone but people like us.” He spat venemously, “I can’t speak for any of you, but I’m tired of dancing for them because they won’t take the time to just talk to me like a person. If they have a job, they’d better have a damn good reason for me to say yes. They can go ahead and kill me; I’ll take as many with me as I can.”

Gwen pushed away from the door when it was evident she wasn’t going to hear anything useful from their captors. She shook head and turned around, “There’s nothing to hear out there. I’m sorry..oh!” She gasped and stepped back half a step as Xaphan started snarling at Sihan, then Boh.

“Oh dear.” She said softly, pressing her fingertips to her chest and glancing around at everyone else. “Well, I have to admit, I did consider the possibility they had a specific task for us, but it never occurred to me to risk my life, or anyone else’s for that matter, by refusing them. Xaphan, if they do have a job, and our lives are at stake if we refuse it, why wouldn’t they just kill us all for the refusal of one?” She shrugged and looked around. “I can’t guess what you’ve all been through. I’ve never been treated with more than mild distrust for being a ratling until recently.”

Sihan glanced at the tiefling giving him the what for and answered briefly "how we escape? I do not know, I've no reason to ally myself with any of you aside from the insectoid but he seems unwilling to be useful... How i escape is to be seen"
The box carriage rumbles along for a bit more before turning sharply and stopping. Heavy slams knock the door before a voice is heard.

"We want no trouble from you lot alright? I'm gonna open this door and you lot are gonna exit the box one at a time as we say. If you show any signs of aggression or resistance you will be dealt with swiftly. Once you are all outside you will be spoken to by Lady Noelle Spandaz, you shall remain quiet and show respect the entire time the good lady is in your presence. You shall speak only to answer questions and know your life is forfeit if lady Spandaz wishes.... im going to open the box now, you are all to get out calmly one at a time as we order."

The goblin who was waiting by the door seemed unphased by these words. As the door opened he lept at the man and bit at his throat after a scuffle to find skin. As the man fell backwards the goblin tore a chunk of neck out before getting shot by six bolts from a line of crossbows and a blast of fire for good measure...

Boh held his composure surprisingly well considering he wanted to scream in surprise. That guard could have been him if he hadn't kicked the goblin fast enough... also the retaliation against the throat biting was incredibly swift, not quick enough to prevent violence but certainly quick enough to ensure none would be alive to boast of said defiance.

Boh manages to shout "That was all him, I'm not trying anything!"
Two men approach to move the dying man and dead goblin and two more approach with spears saying "one at a time slowly! Kneel on the ground as we instruct!"

Boh glanced at all in the box before shuffling towards the exit and kneeling a few meters away from the cart. Crossbows on him the entire time.

Presuming everyone does as told they would soon be lined up at the foot of a mountain near a massive hole. Nineteen men in armor, ten stood with crossbows ready. The other nine have swords and spears ready. Three men and a woman in robes who look like battlemages also stand ready to ensure no trouble...

Lady Noelle Spandaz approaches once the commotion is dealt with and the prisoners are knelt on the ground in a line.
==============
Of course if more resistance comes up then I will react accordingly as the npc's but its safe to assume your out numbered and out gunned.
Caffeinated Joy Caffeinated Joy Abstracty Abstracty Because Because

Last edited:
Xaphan snorted, “The Insectoid’s name is Oroseus, reptile. Pardon me if I’m not too broken hearted over you not finding me worth your alliance, especially if your plan is only to get yourself out after asking us all to do the thinking for you.”

He glanced over at Gwen, meeting her concerned gaze for a moment before looking away when the carriage jerked to a stop. Compassion and kindness from anyone outside of other Tieflings wasn’t something he was used to, and, so far, the only human to show any amount of respect for him ended up having ulterior motives. If Mose Monsel wasn’t already dead, Xaphan would…well…he’d probably still be bound to him and unable to do diddly squat. Not for the first time, he wondered where the sorceress who cast the spell was.

The pounding on the door dragged him out of his thoughts and he blinked, looking toward it as a voice called out to them, letting them know they’d be dealt with if they didn’t behave, and Lady Spandaz, announced as if they should know who she was, would speak with them, and they were to kneel like good lowlifes and not sully the air with their words unless spoken to.

The door opened, and the goblin sprang forward, sinking his teeth into the throat of a shrieking guard. He let out a single, surprised bark of laughter when, predictably, the sound of several crossbow bolt heavily sinking into the gob’s torso ended his brief battle for freedom. Brave little shit. Stupid, but brave. With luck, the guard’s injury would turn septic and kill him. He wasn’t happy or amused at the goblin’s death. He was, however, finding it difficult to resist throwing Sihan an I-told-you-so look.

He made his way to the door and hopped out, stooping and twisting to make room for his curving horns. How the hells did they manage to fit him through that door? How did they manage to get Oroseus in there, for that matter? He stood defiantly for a moment, glaring around at the guards surrounding them, before slowly sinking to his knees beside Boh as he spotted the mages. His hair fell forward again to hide the sigil ornament embedded in his forehead. Heat bloomed in his chest as a small thread of panic wormed through him and he pushed the fire down. Don’t borrow trouble, Xathan. He thought. Not against mages. They may not have seen it. Or know exactly what it is. Or how to use it. They have to touch it to activate it, and I’ll throw myself on a sword first. Fuck me.

Gwen squeaked in fear when someone pounded on the door from outside and jumped a step back. Someone barked orders at them. Get out. Kneel. Don’t talk unless spoken to. Got it. She blinked as the door opened, then cried out in terror when the goblin leaped out and was killed. Terrified, she scurried back until she was behind Oroseus, covering her mouth with her hands to stifle her frightened sobbing.

She watched Boh leave first, then Xathan, who almost seemed as if he was going to refuse to kneel as he stubbornly held his ground. “Don’t sacrifice yourself.” She whispered wetly, unable to find the strength to speak any louder. “It’s not worth it. Just kneel.”

As if hearing her, he knelt slowly, he lowered his head briefly and his hair fell forward, hiding much of his face. What was he hiding? Why?

She realized the guards were looking at her expectantly and she scurried forward, leaping out of the cart and practically throwing herself to her knees beside Xathan and staring at her manacled hands, unable to stop trembling. She'd never been so terrified in her life. What did they want? Was this where they planned to execute them? For what? She didn’t do anything except try to buy supplies.

“I don’t want to die.” She mouthed silently, as tears cut rivers through the fur on her cheeks.

Last edited:
Oroseus slowly turned towards Xaphan and gave him a small nod. He felt well capable of speaking for himself, but he appreciated the Tiefling taking his proverbial side nonetheless. "Our survival is the most usefull and I am keen on ensuring it...", he added shortly after, but they had little time to bicker amongst themselves now. The harsh knocking on the wood made the Insectoid tense up, he listened very carefully to what they were told. It seemed to fit the ideas in his head quite well, although he had no idea what would actually await them outside. The goblin seemed the most eager to find out and whilst Oroseus would have liked to avoid any attacks, he remained silent and simply waited the first, ill-fated escape attempt out. Shaking his head in disappointment, he made sure to lean forwards a bit, to cover Gwen even better, as soon as she scurried behind him at the sight of their overzealous comrade being slaughtered. The guards had made their point clear.

Taking a short look back to the frightened Gwen, Oroseus decided to follow the protocol, so he wouldnt end up like the goblin. Slowly but surely, everyone was forced out of the carriage and his focus shifted away from his fellow prisoners and to the impressive escort that had accompanied them. He felt like such an overwhelming force was unnecessary and that it further proved him right. He walked slowly and with a surprisingly calm and relaxed posture, trying to radiate confidence to those who needed it right now. This meant that the subtle way Xaphan covered his face remained hidden from Oroseus, but he did notice the Lady Noelle instead. The customs of these lands were still strange to him, but he had been educated at the court back home, so the basic principles of courtesy didnt escape him. While everyone was lining up, he simply joined the row and kneeled as he was told, keeping his head high towards everyone except for Lady Noelle, who got a light bow from him. "And you wont die just yet... keep calm... they want us alive...", he let Gwen know equally as silent. He had absolutely no idea if it was true, but he wanted to die with some dignity at the very least and the confidence of knowing he had done nothing wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back