• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Misconceptions FaddedFox X StatusUndead

Thinking about Lulu being pregnant made Drako uncomfortable. Not that pregnancy and sex were anything to be ashamed of. He was just confused at how a single sex species reproduced sexually. It just didn't make sense. He shifted uncomfortably, hoping the conversation would take a turn, since he didn't want to talk about it. That's when the Aluei leaned against him, pinning him in place.

He felt awkward. He wasn't sure of how to react. Should he put his hands around them and comfort them? They seemed sad, but Drako wasn't entirely sure. Normally, he would have pursued information about Lulu's original attacker since he could tell they were dodging, but the whole situation just made him uncomfortable. He wanted to shift about and wiggle, but also didn't want to disturb the wounded animal leaning against him. His hands were suspended mid-air, unsure of where to be. He looked around, wondering if there was a way out, as he responded, "Yeah, cake is fine." Drako wasn't particularly fond of cake.

Lu'ean nodded and wiped at his face again. He took a few steadying breaths and sat up again. "I am going to take a shower. I feel disgusting. I know it is super late and I am upended. I will make you some cake tomorrow. I thankfully have off from work tomorrow. I... I am going to try and talk to my manager again about not giving me the night shift. I am terrified of something like that happening again. I don't want to be out at night," he admitted. "I can't thank you enough for tonight." He slowly got to his feet then. "I will see you in the morning. I'll make you some breakfast too. Don't worry about a thing. It is my treat for you. I don't have much I can repay you with so I hope you can accept these small tokens." At least the dragon seemed to appreciate his cooking when he actually let him make the dishes. "Good night, Drakonomar Dragostroyer."

Drako always felt a sense of pleasure from helping the lower races. Sure, they were inferior to him, but that's exactly why he should help. Though, in reality, Drako often just came off as an arrogant asshole. He does genuinely believe he's doing good. Even though he looked down upon Lulu, he still felt good about being able to help them. He also found it agreeable that they knew how to properly thank someone. Though he was less than excited about the cake. He felt like he should have refused, but the poor creature was so excited about it. Though he would later secretely find a way to just throw it away without tasting it. Though he had tasted some of their other foods since then. He was surprised at the high quality food the Aluei was capable of producing.

It had been five months since the ruffians attacked Drako's roommate. Luckily nothing like that has happened since. Though he had no issues taking care of thugs, he didn't want to worry about about his hapless roommate. He had also had security cameras and alarms installed, so perhaps that helped. OHH had no issues with it.

A lot has happened in the time since. The Aluei that was Drako's roommate had grown much more conversational. They pestered Drako constantly, though he would have difficulty recalling about what. They also didn't grumble as much when Drako took care of them, such as feeding them. Drako still hadn't even learned their name. He also spent time saving the money he earned from odd jobs around town. He was close to being able to afford all the licensing he would need to start his business, as well as buy the necessary tools for glassmaking.

Though he had made a lot of progress, he still found himself at an impasse. He was home one night, sitting at a table littered with various documents. Itemized reports, quotes for venues and tools, as well as his various earnings. Although Drako was quite skilled at math, since he was skilled at everything, being a superior race, he still found himself puzzled. The numbers just didn't seem to want to cooperate. He also noticed his roommate buzzing about, which didn't help him concentrate.

Over the next few months, so much had changed Lulu took more of an interest in his roommate who really wasn't like the other dragons he'd met before. Rough, certainly. Arrogant? Absolutely. Still, there was a softness and honest care there that made Lulu more inclined to know about his roommate and help him in return. He took the man's actions at face value rather than trying to determine some underlying reason behind it all. Drake was just trying to be helpful in his way and Lu'ean would forever be grateful to him for what he'd done to help him in his time of need. Even if it meant letting Drake hover at times or annoying the dragon with his questions about himself. He'd quickly discovered Drake was trying to reopen his family's business and Lu'ean thought that was an admirable goal and hoped he'd be able to help in some small way.

His relationship with Drake wasn't the only thing that had changed over the months. Lu'ean was soon let go from his job due to his pregnancy and it wasn't like he could really work as long anymore anyway. The travel to work was getting harder and harder so it was more a relief to be home. Still, the lack of income was nerve wracking and he'd taken to online schooling to get into accounting. He did enjoy numbers, though cooking was still his passion. Still, he was tight on cash until he could get himself going and the closer he got to his due date, the harder everything was. He could do less cooking, stand less, bloated and swollen, and he waddled like a damned penguin. He was constantly in the bathroom and hardly sleep. His mood was all over the place too thanks to the hormones. Drake certainly found it annoying and made points about being fat and lazy but he'd explained it was the pregnancy. And he'd grown breasts to prepare for feeding the baby too. The last leg of the pregnancy was certainly doing a number on him. He was exhausted.

It was evening and Lu'ean groaned as he sat up on his bed with a little struggle. He was hungry and needed to pee again. He ran a hand through his hair to straighten it a little before he tied it back in his new signature messy bun. He pulled on his robe and left his room. He was glad the bathroom was so close to the bedrooms. It made things easier. With the immediate need done, he began to make his way into the main living area to grab food. Ah, Drake was at the table. "What are you doing?" he asked as he made his way over to look over the papers. It looked like financials.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back