• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings mindful self-indulgence (1x1 doubling search)

budgies

hello, i’m budgies, or you can call me whatever you like! i’m in my mid-twenties, have been writing for over 12 years, and am generally pretty chill. i’ll admit this isn’t my first account, i lost the password and email to my original account after some pretty big housing issues, so i thought i’d start fresh. i’ll get into the nitty gritty now!

introduction : like i said, my name is budgies or whatever you want to call me. i use any pronouns and any descriptors, so go with what you feel is best. i like to consider myself pretty relaxed and friendly, and i’m open to making new friends even if we don’t end up rping together! i’m a horror fan and someone who’s trying to get more into other things. my biggest interests right now are honkai star rail (i just started, though, so i don’t know a lot yet, but it’s been super fun!), bnha, and i’m trying to get back into playing corpse party since i stopped midway. i’m always open to hear suggestions too if you think i’d like something, or if you just wanna chat! feel free to hit me up, i’m always looking for new friends or people to vibe with.

writing style : despite my lack of capitalization here, i write properly for roleplays. capitals, punctuation, ect. i don’t expect perfection from my partner and while i try to make sure everything is right, i will sometimes slip up, and i ask for understanding there. i will absolutely fix any mistakes i see, so feel free to let me know if i made one or if you can’t understand me. as for you, so long as i can read and understand it, i’m not that bothered by mistakes.

rules-ish : i don’t really want to make a long list of rules, so i’ll list the 3 hard ones and we can discuss anything else. the first is probably the most obvious, but please be 18+ when contacting me. i’m in my mid-twenties, i am not comfortable roleplaying with minors. the second is that this is a doubling thing and it is non-negotiable. yes, even if by some off-chance you want to just play something for me, i would prefer to double. i have an easier time going between 2 characters, i have a love for making others happy, and i tend to get very invested in my partner’s side too. i’m a very, very big sucker for doubling, it’s something i genuinely love to do. i’d love if my partner was just as excited, but i know that’s a long shot, so even if you just put the same amount of effort into my side that you put into yours, i will be happy. the third ‘rule’ is to please let me know your limits!! i do love dark themes, but i keep them in backstories and vague references unless my partner also says they like it. i can 100% try to avoid anything you find triggering or even uncomfortable, just let me know. other than that, i am very flexible and willing to chat things out. just talk to me and let me know what you’re thinking.

onto the good stuff!

the premise : i called this mindful self-indulgence as a joke, but that’s what it is. i’ve seen it a couple of times floating around here, and i think it’d be fun. essentially, we play something for the other person. so, for example, maybe you have a show that’s not popular and you really wanna play against a character. well, you ask me, i do research, and i try to play them for you! of course, it might be a bit trial and error as we might be going off wikis and clips versus being into the series, but i think it could be really fun. now, this specific section refers to oc/canon ships, but i was also thinking it could work for oc/oc too. that would be more of a description of the character you like to pair with your oc, going through the plots you’re feeling, ect… i know this might sound a little confusing, but i can further explain if it is! in essence, we play a character for each other. the only caveat i have is i need something to go off of, like a wiki page or a bunch of clips of the character if we go canon characters. if it’s something like a movie, then there is a chance i can just straight up watch the movie for you (given it’s not, like, lotr length), but otherwise i do need something to go off of. on my end, you’re free to critique how i write the character too. it’s about having fun and i want you to get what you like out of this, so feel free to critique and offer suggestions if i mischaracterize the character! i’ll try my hardest to not do it, but just in case. also, aus are fine on my end if you can’t grasp the world, some are more complicated than others and i know well that it would be hard with just wikis and stuff since some are obscure. some like manhwa might require reading, so if you’re like me and want a manhwa, i’d be happy to do a trade so we both get the manhwa we’d like!

now, i’ll list what i’m looking, so you know ahead of time! if no one here is someone you’re comfortable with, you can still ask, these are just who i can think of at this moment. * = how much i would like them.

• leonard ; big bang theory ***** (i will do. literally anything for you if you play leonard)
  • demon ; path to nowhere **
  • kasanoda ; ouran highschool host club ****
  • satoshi ; michiko & hatchin *****
  • cedric or hikan ; the most powerful characters in the world are crazy about me ****
  • kallen ; becoming the dark hero’s daughter ***
  • abby ; the last of us **
  • kenny, luke, carlos, david, or nick from the walking dead game ****
  • more will be added, i just.. cannot think of more

• not sure what to put here, i love manhwa-esque plots, things like reincarnation, isekai, otome tropes, and on the darker end i like villains and someone becoming jaded (usually from multiple cycles through life) so [shrug emoji]
  • face claim wise i do have a few i’d like, alongside some personality tropes i love, but we can discuss this more in depth!
  • also loving a post-apocalypse plot, something like the walking dead game or the last of us
  • maybe mafia related plots? i've been liking the idea of rival gangs and star-crossed lovers and all that
  • i said the isekai thing-- i would love an otome isekai. getting isekaid and falling in love with a side character? maybe an unfinished otome and having to finish the story?? somethinig fun here
  • courtesan / customer of high ranking title? i am in love with courtesan based content right now
  • listen. hear me out. kinitopet-esque thing. ai who grows obsessed with their 'creator'. please hear me out,
i think that’s about it, i can’t send messages just yet but feel free to message me! or leave a little lightbulb if you want me to reach out to you when my timer is up. either works for me. ^__^

Last edited:
bumpies because i'll be free and replying to stuff tomorrow
bird budgie GIF by Head Like an Orange

Users who are viewing this thread

Back