Millennium City: Nova - Taking the 'Scenic' Route (Wave Two Intro)

"Your friend has been taken where he chose to be sent. As all of you will be. Or you'll starve in this room, either is fine by me~!" The voice seemed to come from all around. It was clearly Noir talking, but he now had a more singsong voice. "Just sign for a location, and find the key hidden there...Once all five are gathered, there's a big gate in the middle of the town. Just use the keys to open it, and your freedom is yours"

"Happy Hunting~"

QizPizza QizPizza

The room fell silent as Emily signed the paper, vanishing as well.

She would find herself in a dimly lit corridor, a few old bulbs lining the ceiling of the long concrete tunnel. Lucky for her, a flashlight lay on the ground by her feet, clutched in the hands of a skeleton. At least he had the manners to turn it off and save the batteries before he died!

The whole place smelled stale, and there were no breezes or indications of where the tunnel started or where it ended. Emily had found herself in some part of The Underground Tunnels!

jigglesworth jigglesworth

He was stunned when scarlet appeared, no less chasing what seemed to be a child, a ghost child no less. She mentioned something about a key, that could be his way out but first he had to deal with this beast so he could more freely roam the land. And with the limited ammo he has, his gotta start thinking. That child had shears which if he could get from him could be used as a weapon, there was no point fightining a ghost his weapons will Ben in effect so he ran ahead to catch up, "Child look, I can help you, I can save you but you must trust me." The footsteps grew louder and louder.

"We don't got much time, that beast is coming and we gotta hide." He told the ghost with a sense of anxiety in his tone, while looking around he saw a bit of a more shaded area just off the path that had small amounts of bushes giving a bit of cover, with the shade and his black armour he could stay hidden quite well, using his body to cover the glowing child. "Look, we can hide there as the beast run she through." He pointed to the bushed as he started to go off the track and walk to them, signalling the boy over, "Trust me."

DapperDogman DapperDogman

tumblr_nypb66m8S31rta7p8o5_250.gif

Rhys

Rhys found himself in a dark room that was spinning and in there was some kind of notebook, while feeling absolutely confused; he didn’t know the time nor where he was at “Wh-Where am I? What is this?” the salary man had to ask and in response “As I said earlier, I am Noir. The lovely lady here is Scarlet, and the man of few words over there is Lachlan. We're collectively known as the crazies...And we're here to take you on a wondrous journey!” It was at this moment that he knew... he fucked up...... perhaps not but a journey like this does raise some suspicion, then again Rhys stood up just to find a sheet of paper with one name and an acronym written on it already. “Sign your name on the dotted line, one person per line, please.” was something that could be seen on the page, just like a list of abbreviations “T S O, T U T, T M, T P P, T W” what could all of these mean? The hyperion worker decides to sign his name and the acronym
“Rhys” “T S O” was written on the sheet of paper, yet it was unknown if something would be done

As Rhys writes his name, he too vanishes into thin air, appearing in some sort of office space. Computers sat atop desks, blood smeared across many of them, corpses lay slumped over chairs, and small body parts decorated the floors of this place. But one thing surely brought comfort to Rhys' mind.

A glowing sign on one wall that said "Armoury"

The only problem was that the door next to it was locked. Seemed Rhys would need a keycard to open it.
On the downside, he could see something shambling around behind one of the glass dividers in the room that split the office into sections. It seemed slow but entirely alive.

Judging by the presence of an armoury and the computers, along with the uniformed corpses, Rhys was in some kind of Security Office

Rhysie Rhysie

• Without warning, Sophitia- and the others- were suddenly whisked away by the “crazies” into some other...

...Room? She couldn’t tell what had happened, and it was too late to stop the teleportation despite her quickly drawing both sword and shield. Her face turned into a deep frown, watching as the brash “Marine” signed a line on the sheet and vanished without a trace. His friend began shouting at the man, but the Athenian wasn’t paying much attention to the loud-mouthed soldier as much as their captor’s riddle. After listening to his explanation and watching both Emily and the other guy sign their own spaces, she felt that she was next in line. She prayed that whatever lay in store for her was something she could endure and survive. Whether anyone heard her, though, was yet to be told.

“Oh gods, guide me on this trip...”
    The swordswoman murmured under her breath, taking the pen for her own and signing her name in cursive next to the abbreviated “TPP”, leaving Emile with the last choice of “TM”. Then she closed her eyes and waited for the same to happen to her...

Sophitia signing would see her vanish too, leaving Emile alone in the room. Now everyone had been split apart. And Sophitia found herself in a very strange place. Large metal pillars with yellow markings were all around here, and loud metal boxes rumbled all around her. Levers and glowing circles decorated a few of the smaller boxes, that seemed to control something or other.

The only thing that might make the warrior worry was the loud bellowing from somewhere beneath her. It sounded like a great bull or some other large animal. It sounded angry. All around were bright lights and loud sounds.

Sophitia found herself in The Power Plant. Not that she knew what it was

FactionGuerrilla FactionGuerrilla

He was stunned when scarlet appeared, no less chasing what seemed to be a child, a ghost child no less. She mentioned something about a key, that could be his way out but first he had to deal with this beast so he could more freely roam the land. And with the limited ammo he has, his gotta start thinking. That child had shears which if he could get from him could be used as a weapon, there was no point fightining a ghost his weapons will Ben in effect so he ran ahead to catch up, "Child look, I can help you, I can save you but you must trust me." The footsteps grew louder and louder.

"We don't got much time, that beast is coming and we gotta hide." He told the ghost with a sense of anxiety in his tone, while looking around he saw a bit of a more shaded area just off the path that had small amounts of bushes giving a bit of cover, with the shade and his black armour he could stay hidden quite well, using his body to cover the glowing child. "Look, we can hide there as the beast run she through." He pointed to the bushed as he started to go off the track and walk to them, signalling the boy over, "Trust me."

The child ducked into the hiding spot with Vonyish, shuddering and clutching the shears. Now the child was more visible, it was clear that the shears were covered in gore and blood. Was this child a killer too? Was everything in this place a twisted perversion of life?

He nods slightly and peeks out of the bush for a moment "I know where they hide the key, but they have a few spots they change between" the child whispers quietly "One is the beast's home, it's a cave on the other side of the woods" the child follows the marine closely, moving without sound as he glides to the bushes, sighing in relief and gently caressing his shears to calm himself down.

The thundering of the beasts' steps slows as it sniffs around for a moment, grunting and continuing to run the direction it was headed, back the way Vonyish had come from. "We don't have long before it heads home. It's almost bedtime"

Zerulu Zerulu

"Don't worry child, I don't plan on getting the key just yet. I have my own plan I will reveal all in due time, but first introductions, I'll start. I'm Captain Vonyish Rostric of the Deathwatch under the God Emperor's holy Astratas, I'm not from here but that lady, Scarlet I think and her friends sent me here. Now your turn, who are you? What are those shears for and why was she chasing you?" Vonyish pressed for information, but was a lot more relived that the monster had passed.

He examined the boy closer, hopefully getting a better idea of who he was as he waited eagerly for an answer, after he got the information he'd think of his next action, he already thought out most his plan but it had to be foolproof.

• Needless to say, Sophitia was completely lost. Not just lost in terms of comprehension, but unaware of where in the world she was. She felt her heart raing, but it quickly slowed down as she calmed herself. There wasn’t any good that could come out of panicking, and she had to do her part in collecting these “keys” if she wished to leave with the others.

First things first. Awareness. She couldn’t blindly run around, because if she did chances were she would run into trouble really quickly. Instead, the Athenian crouched downwards, listening to her surroundings for a few moments in an attempt to try and detect any sort of movement- or anything important. Footsteps were what she was mostly looking for, although she was also wary of the potential monster underneath. She prayed it wasn’t something like a minotaur- she wasn’t a legendary hero like Hercules or Achilles, just a mere baker’s daughter who happened to be chosen by the gods themselves.

After taking time to listen, the blonde got up from her kneeling position, carefully trying to avoid making too much noise as she walked around the room. Her bright green eyes scanned the room she was in, looking for any signs on the strange machinery that could tell her what lever did what. She was also hoping to find some sort of hallway or exit from her room- it wouldn’t be so great if she were stuck in this lit-up room for eternity.

Finally, she’d be careful not to get caught off her guard. The Greek warrior slowly unsheathed both sword and shield, once more trying to be as silent as she could. The reason for this was because she didn’t want to announce her presence to potential hostilities nearby just yet- it would be better for her to know what she was walking into, and maybe even get the first strike. Gods, she wished Emily was with her- a companion who could probably decipher this area and navigate it better than her would have been appreciated!

The room fell silent as Emily signed the paper, vanishing as well.

She would find herself in a dimly lit corridor, a few old bulbs lining the ceiling of the long concrete tunnel. Lucky for her, a flashlight lay on the ground by her feet, clutched in the hands of a skeleton. At least he had the manners to turn it off and save the batteries before he died!

The whole place smelled stale, and there were no breezes or indications of where the tunnel started or where it ended. Emily had found herself in some part of The Underground Tunnels!

Emily is starting to realize something about this city, whenever you meet someone or do anything at all, prepare to be teleported some place. Because after she signed the paper, in the blink of an eye she was transported to a corridor darker than the previous room she was in. It only took a quick inspection to realize the very long hall she found herself in was made of concrete. Only lit by a few light bulbs hanging from the ceiling, she couldn't see much beyond her, or behind her. Darkness. The air was tasteless, save for the fainting smell of the skeleton by her feet. Someone else must have been trapped here before her, proving the Empress and the rest of the group were not the first victims of the cleverly named Crazies. The poor soul must have been walking for days before collapsing of dehydration.

Emily bent down and grabbed the flashlight from the skeleton's grasp, "Sorry, pal, but I need this more than you right now." Standing up, she looks towards the only two paths she may take. Unfortunately, there was no telling which is the right way. That's assuming, of course, that there even is a right way. She might have just been dropped in some random underground tunnel that caved in at some point. Still, this might be one of the better options on that list, considering the sanity of the three who sent her here. While there is no way of knowing where the others went, Emily hopes they are alright. Enough thought for now, it's time to choose a path. Hell, she wouldn't even know which side she started facing if it wasn't for the skeleton. Finally deciding, she goes the way the skeleton looked like it was going. Maybe he figured out the way, maybe he didn't. Not much to go on.

Emile-A239 Location= Unknown Dark Room
Condition= Alarmed
Shields= Full

Interaction "Your friend has been taken where he chose to be sent. As all of you will be. Or you'll starve in this room, either is fine by me~! Just sign for a location, and find the key hidden there...Once all five are gathered, there's a big gate in the middle of the town. Just use the keys to open it, and your freedom is yours. Happy Hunting~"

"Alright, I'll play this game of yours..."
With everyone else having signed away, Emile was only left one option: "TM". He couldn't even guess what it meant, but what ever this place was, he can't imagine that it would be nice. But, he dealt with things that aren't "nice" as a daily job, so would be able to handle himself. The Spartan reluctantly holstered his rifle and picked up the pencil. In the space next to "TM", Emile wrote "A239".

Notes Interacting With: DapperDogman DapperDogman
Mentioned:

Italicized Unbolded Colored=Internal Dialogue
Bolded Colored=External Dialogue

Inventory -Mjolnir Mark V Armor
-Continental Room 344 Key
-M308 Rifle
-Spare Magazine and 20 Bullets

Powers NA

"Don't worry child, I don't plan on getting the key just yet. I have my own plan I will reveal all in due time, but first introductions, I'll start. I'm Captain Vonyish Rostric of the Deathwatch under the God Emperor's holy Astratas, I'm not from here but that lady, Scarlet I think and her friends sent me here. Now your turn, who are you? What are those shears for and why was she chasing you?" Vonyish pressed for information, but was a lot more relived that the monster had passed.

He examined the boy closer, hopefully getting a better idea of who he was as he waited eagerly for an answer, after he got the information he'd think of his next action, he already thought out most his plan but it had to be foolproof.

The child furrows his brows as he tries to think, before pouting "I don't know...I'm just me, mister" he crosses his arms grumpily, as if frustrated by the question, and his inability to answer "I've been here as long as I can remember...The scary man with the eyepatch says that it's the 'big one hundred' soon. Maybe he means his birthday?" the child toys around with his shears for a second, before opening the sheers and clamping them down on one of Vonyish's legs, huffing as the metal clanked harmlessly off the armour the man wore "I wish they'd let me have some new toys...These scissors are only good for making new puppets"

• Needless to say, Sophitia was completely lost. Not just lost in terms of comprehension, but unaware of where in the world she was. She felt her heart raing, but it quickly slowed down as she calmed herself. There wasn’t any good that could come out of panicking, and she had to do her part in collecting these “keys” if she wished to leave with the others.

First things first. Awareness. She couldn’t blindly run around, because if she did chances were she would run into trouble really quickly. Instead, the Athenian crouched downwards, listening to her surroundings for a few moments in an attempt to try and detect any sort of movement- or anything important. Footsteps were what she was mostly looking for, although she was also wary of the potential monster underneath. She prayed it wasn’t something like a minotaur- she wasn’t a legendary hero like Hercules or Achilles, just a mere baker’s daughter who happened to be chosen by the gods themselves.

After taking time to listen, the blonde got up from her kneeling position, carefully trying to avoid making too much noise as she walked around the room. Her bright green eyes scanned the room she was in, looking for any signs on the strange machinery that could tell her what lever did what. She was also hoping to find some sort of hallway or exit from her room- it wouldn’t be so great if she were stuck in this lit-up room for eternity.

Finally, she’d be careful not to get caught off her guard. The Greek warrior slowly unsheathed both sword and shield, once more trying to be as silent as she could. The reason for this was because she didn’t want to announce her presence to potential hostilities nearby just yet- it would be better for her to know what she was walking into, and maybe even get the first strike. Gods, she wished Emily was with her- a companion who could probably decipher this area and navigate it better than her would have been appreciated!

Sophitia would find that there were labels on most of the machines, things like "Main Transformer Breaker" and "Secondary Pylon Control" the big lever that was in the downward position, however, was simply labelled "Power Control" it was the only lever switched to off. It seemed that flipping this would restore power to this place, but it might bring some unwanted attention.

She would have a hard time getting around without it, but turning it on would make it just as easy for whatever was here to find her, as it would for her to find it.

Emily is starting to realize something about this city, whenever you meet someone or do anything at all, prepare to be teleported some place. Because after she signed the paper, in the blink of an eye she was transported to a corridor darker than the previous room she was in. It only took a quick inspection to realize the very long hall she found herself in was made of concrete. Only lit by a few light bulbs hanging from the ceiling, she couldn't see much beyond her, or behind her. Darkness. The air was tasteless, save for the fainting smell of the skeleton by her feet. Someone else must have been trapped here before her, proving the Empress and the rest of the group were not the first victims of the cleverly named Crazies. The poor soul must have been walking for days before collapsing of dehydration.

Emily bent down and grabbed the flashlight from the skeleton's grasp, "Sorry, pal, but I need this more than you right now." Standing up, she looks towards the only two paths she may take. Unfortunately, there was no telling which is the right way. That's assuming, of course, that there even is a right way. She might have just been dropped in some random underground tunnel that caved in at some point. Still, this might be one of the better options on that list, considering the sanity of the three who sent her here. While there is no way of knowing where the others went, Emily hopes they are alright. Enough thought for now, it's time to choose a path. Hell, she wouldn't even know which side she started facing if it wasn't for the skeleton. Finally deciding, she goes the way the skeleton looked like it was going. Maybe he figured out the way, maybe he didn't. Not much to go on.

Taking the flashlight, Emily would notice that the corpse had something else very interesting about it. Close to it's face sat the remains of a tattered leather object. An eyepatch, to be exact, to be worn over the user's left eye.

Sat in the skull's left socket was a glass eye, it looked exactly like the one Noir had...But his seemed organic. Maybe it was of some significance? Maybe not? It was up to her if she was going to take it or not. All that was certain was that the skeleton had been on his way through the tunnel, and had not been killed, as the skeleton was in mostly pristine condition, with no broken bones.

The tunnel seems cold here

Emile-A239 Location= Unknown Dark Room
Condition= Alarmed
Shields= Full

Interaction "Your friend has been taken where he chose to be sent. As all of you will be. Or you'll starve in this room, either is fine by me~! Just sign for a location, and find the key hidden there...Once all five are gathered, there's a big gate in the middle of the town. Just use the keys to open it, and your freedom is yours. Happy Hunting~"

"Alright, I'll play this game of yours..." With everyone else having signed away, Emile was only left one option: "TM". He couldn't even guess what it meant, but what ever this place was, he can't imagine that it would be nice. But, he dealt with things that aren't "nice" as a daily job, so would be able to handle himself. The Spartan reluctantly holstered his rifle and picked up the pencil. In the space next to "TM", Emile wrote "A239".

Mentioned:

-M308 Rifle

Powers NA
Emile appeared in some kind of store, clothing racks all around him, flickering lights overhead and the sound of metal scraping on metal somewhere nearby. The place was bathed in blood, and one of the nearby racks was decorated with the entrails of something. Not too recent though, based on the state of rot.
This place seemed mostly empty, but signs of life were all around, empty food cans and water bottles littered corners of the store, and makeshift bedrolls were tucked behind counters. Emile seemed to have found himself at The Mall

It looked like an evacuee camp. Like this place was where people would have come when whatever happened here was occurring outside...It got inside though. The loss of civilian life here was no doubt huge when whatever was killing people outside got in. The closed areas and single entry points made this place a killbox that the Spartan would no doubt be aware of. This place was the sight of a massacre.

For a moment, the sound of scraping metal almost sounded like screaming.

QizPizza QizPizza

He listened inteviley to the child's answers. "Alright, I'll just call you boy from now on in I guess." Vonyish saw as the boy played with the shears and clamping down on his armour, though he didn't mind to much as he knew it was harmless, "Hmph... tell me, you said these, 'scissors' are only good for making puppets, out of what? And are there any places around here with valuables like weapons and such, maybe we can even find a new toy for you." Vonyish pushed again, this time adding an incentive to the deal as the boy was interested in new toys it seems.

The marine got out of the bush after what seemed like forever, stepping on the path and signalling the boy out to stand with him on the open path, "I'm also guessing you have no idea what that creature is either, well don't worry. I'm here to slay it!" The marine spoke proudly, "But I'm gonna need your help, and in return I can help you."

Before she walked anywhere, however, she noticed something about the skeleton. It had a... leather eyepatch, and behind it was a glass eye. Emily recoiled, knowing Noir to have both of those things, though the glass eye did seem a bit off. She picked them both up, examining them. "That's... odd. That can't be right..." This can't be Noir, she just saw him. Unless they traveled in time, which she doubts, this can't be him. The only thing that could do this, this fast, was magic. It doesn't seem like that, though, it looks as if he died on his own. She knows not to come to conclusions before she gets all the facts, so she leaves the thought there for the time being. But the questions are still posed in her mind, was this Noir, and if it was, how did he get like this?

The moment before she was transported, she heard Noir talking about finding a key, and some town. These might help later, or at least if she sees Noir again she could ask about them. Stuffing them in her coat's pocket, she returns to her earlier task. As she stood up, she rubs her hands together to warm herself up a bit. It's not surprising that it's cold in an isolated tunnel underground. She took one last look at the skeleton that may or may not be the bloodied Crazy, and walked forward through the tunnel, flashlight on to light her way.

D6479E79-A7A8-448F-BE0A-5FDD920C2BF2.gif
Rhys
A security office | Unknown

Rhys found himself in a place that had a bunch o’ computers with blood smeared on them, and from what it seems to have happened was a murder yet enough “Yuck, looks like someone well.... everyone who was here got mudered. I wonder if they even tried to fight the killer off and apparently it was too late for them... luckily they had a good view of.... whatever this is This reminded him of what happened back at The Continental, and then there was this glowing sign in which the word “Armory” which seems to be locked and would need a keycard in order for it to be unlocked, yet aswell there was something behind one of the glass dividers that was shambling around and apparently alive “Well that is strange, looks like the one who did this left a witness... but I sure could hack into the lock on the armory looking thing, but main concern is that” The corporate man said to himself as he slowly walked over to the glass divider to take a look at the thing that’s supposed to be alive; yet he had to keep an eye out for anything suspicious

Emile-A239 Location= Hell - The Mall
Condition= Alert
Shields= Full

Interaction The Spartan's visor immediately went black when the pencil left the paper. When his sight returned, he was in some sort of store turned refugee camp. The situation was not exactly ideal. Blood, trash, refuse and internal organs decorated the entirety of the store. A friggin slaughterhouse. The Spartan readied his rifle as he heard metal scraping nearby. He was not alone in this store, but that would change. Emile looked around for the threat that has yet to get in range of his motion sensors."Who's there? Come out, come out, wherever you are...

Mentioned:

-M308 Rifle

Powers NA

• Sophitia had absolutely no clue what a "Main Transformer Breaker" nor "Secondary Pylon Control" was, but she could guess what a "Power Control" switch does due to becoming more familiar with electricity back at the hotel. Flipping it would probably turn the lights on, giving her the ability to actually see through the corridors and find things much more easily. But if there was someone there, she'd also be vulnerable to being detected. On the one hand, she didn't want to alert others to her presence- but if she kept the lights off, what if she missed something important? Like the key she was supposed to find?

The Athenian couldn't risk it. She didn't want to inadvertently go past something she could use or need in the near future- and if she did get attacked, she hoped both her gods and her weapons would protect her in this unfamiliar place. She took a deep breath before stepping to the switch, placing her hands upon the lever.

"Please, don't do anything that doesn't turn on the lights here,"
    Sophie murmured with a frown, before firmly pulling the switch to the on position.

He listened inteviley to the child's answers. "Alright, I'll just call you boy from now on in I guess." Vonyish saw as the boy played with the shears and clamping down on his armour, though he didn't mind to much as he knew it was harmless, "Hmph... tell me, you said these, 'scissors' are only good for making puppets, out of what? And are there any places around here with valuables like weapons and such, maybe we can even find a new toy for you." Vonyish pushed again, this time adding an incentive to the deal as the boy was interested in new toys it seems.

The marine got out of the bush after what seemed like forever, stepping on the path and signalling the boy out to stand with him on the open path, "I'm also guessing you have no idea what that creature is either, well don't worry. I'm here to slay it!" The marine spoke proudly, "But I'm gonna need your help, and in return I can help you."

"Out of meat!" the boy exclaims happily, beaming as he stabs the air with the shears "Meat's pretty much the only thing you can ever find to make puppets out of" he hums in thought before pointing his shears straight ahead "There's an old treehouse over there, it fell down, but there are all kinds of boxes there. I don't know what's in them, but I always wanted to find out!"

"I can show you where it is! But you have to promise to give me something better than these lame old scissors in return!"

Zerulu Zerulu
Before she walked anywhere, however, she noticed something about the skeleton. It had a... leather eyepatch, and behind it was a glass eye. Emily recoiled, knowing Noir to have both of those things, though the glass eye did seem a bit off. She picked them both up, examining them. "That's... odd. That can't be right..." This can't be Noir, she just saw him. Unless they traveled in time, which she doubts, this can't be him. The only thing that could do this, this fast, was magic. It doesn't seem like that, though, it looks as if he died on his own. She knows not to come to conclusions before she gets all the facts, so she leaves the thought there for the time being. But the questions are still posed in her mind, was this Noir, and if it was, how did he get like this?

The moment before she was transported, she heard Noir talking about finding a key, and some town. These might help later, or at least if she sees Noir again she could ask about them. Stuffing them in her coat's pocket, she returns to her earlier task. As she stood up, she rubs her hands together to warm herself up a bit. It's not surprising that it's cold in an isolated tunnel underground. She took one last look at the skeleton that may or may not be the bloodied Crazy, and walked forward through the tunnel, flashlight on to light her way.

Taking the eyepatch, Emily would feel her mark throb for a moment, as though it was responding in some way to the strange item. Unlike Noir's, this one did not bear the crudely drawn eye but instead had a small pearl inlaid into the centre, almost like a pupil. The glass eye did not share this strange reaction, however.

The tunnel was lit every twenty metres or so by a single light, allowing for Emily to navigate the place well enough, though there was a spot of pure darkness between the two lights, only a few feet in length. Keeping the light on in these areas would be enough to keep Emily from stumbling over something or into a hole in the floor.

After walking for a short while, she'd notice a door on her right, made of heavily reinforced metal, it looked like a bulkhead of some sort.

View attachment 454753
Rhys
A security office | Unknown

Rhys found himself in a place that had a bunch o’ computers with blood smeared on them, and from what it seems to have happened was a murder yet enough “Yuck, looks like someone well.... everyone who was here got mudered. I wonder if they even tried to fight the killer off and apparently it was too late for them... luckily they had a good view of.... whatever this is This reminded him of what happened back at The Continental, and then there was this glowing sign in which the word “Armory” which seems to be locked and would need a keycard in order for it to be unlocked, yet aswell there was something behind one of the glass dividers that was shambling around and apparently alive “Well that is strange, looks like the one who did this left a witness... but I sure could hack into the lock on the armory looking thing, but main concern is that” The corporate man said to himself as he slowly walked over to the glass divider to take a look at the thing that’s supposed to be alive; yet he had to keep an eye out for anything suspicious

Moving closer to the divider, Rhys could now see the shambler a little more clearly, though it was still poorly lit. It had long, unkempt hair, sloughing off in some places with chunks of its flesh, its teeth were jagged and misaligned, and its eyes had been removed. It was covered in filth and had some computer cables tangled around its legs that dragged behind it, making a soft scraping noise against the carpeted floor.

It seemed as long as Rhys could remain quiet, this thing wouldn't even know he was there.

Rhys would have to navigate through a few sections of the office to reach the armoury doors. The path straight ahead was blocked by a door, part of the dividers that broke up the office. From this distance, he couldn't tell if it was unlocked or not.

Rhysie Rhysie

Condition= Alert
Shields= Full

Interaction The Spartan's visor immediately went black when the pencil left the paper. When his sight returned, he was in some sort of store turned refugee camp. The situation was not exactly ideal. Blood, trash, refuse and internal organs decorated the entirety of the store. A friggin slaughterhouse. The Spartan readied his rifle as he heard metal scraping nearby. He was not alone in this store, but that would change. Emile looked around for the threat that has yet to get in range of his motion sensors."Who's there? Come out, come out, wherever you are...

Mentioned:

-M308 Rifle

Powers NA
Silence

The echo of Emile's voice rang out through the store and eventually even it died. This place seemed to be empty for the moment. Though the sound of metal scraping would become a little more audible as he moved toward the exit of the store and into the main mall. It sounded...Rhythmic, almost mechanical. Perhaps a vent nearby had been jammed with something?

He could discern now that it was coming from above, on the second floor of the sprawling building. Outside of the store, the ground was littered with shredded bulletproof vests and bullet casings. No corpses though, that was peculiar. A few guns lay on the ground, busted beyond use, some crushed bad bent out of shape, others with melted barrels or exposed internals clogged up with gore and vicera.

Whatever happened here was brutal indeed.

QizPizza QizPizza

• Sophitia had absolutely no clue what a "Main Transformer Breaker" nor "Secondary Pylon Control" was, but she could guess what a "Power Control" switch does due to becoming more familiar with electricity back at the hotel. Flipping it would probably turn the lights on, giving her the ability to actually see through the corridors and find things much more easily. But if there was someone there, she'd also be vulnerable to being detected. On the one hand, she didn't want to alert others to her presence- but if she kept the lights off, what if she missed something important? Like the key she was supposed to find?

The Athenian couldn't risk it. She didn't want to inadvertently go past something she could use or need in the near future- and if she did get attacked, she hoped both her gods and her weapons would protect her in this unfamiliar place. She took a deep breath before stepping to the switch, placing her hands upon the lever.

"Please, don't do anything that doesn't turn on the lights here," Sophie murmured with a frown, before firmly pulling the switch to the on position.
Flipping the switch brought on heavy overhead lights, making the place feel much more inviting. Thankfully Sophitia was not met by the expected gore and corpses, the place actually looked pristine. However, that was probably because of the heavy barricades she could now she had been set up against all of the doors. Sophitia was seemingly stuck in this main room, the only way out seems to be the catwalks above, which had a set of doors at either end. The question was now how on earth she got up there.

The noise below grows, roaring angrily now as the heavy footsteps thud along the ground beneath her, and something bangs against the floor from beneath, sending loud echoes into the room.

Last edited:

Condition= Alert
Shields= Full

Interaction As he stepped pass the entrance of the store, he was greeted by carnage just as brutal, if not more so, as the scene inside the store. The viscera did little to faze the the Spartan as he poked through the corpses for anything useful. Perhaps a side arm or some additional ammunition. Anything would be appreciated.

Something serious happened here, to lead to this kind of destruction. The Covenant were not the type to brutal their victims. A few plasma mortars would easily do the job. And even if they didn't have artillery, their plasma weapons killed cleanly. This could be the work of a Needler or a gravity hammer, but there were no traces of the shards, and these people were cut open, not smashed. Whoever or whatever did this was a unknown threat, and consequently, Emile would have to be very cautious. As the Spartan searched the remainder of a man's torso, he remained alert got whatever was causing that scraping sound.

Mentioned:

-M308 Rifle

Powers NA

Taking the eyepatch, Emily would feel her mark throb for a moment, as though it was responding in some way to the strange item. Unlike Noir's, this one did not bear the crudely drawn eye but instead had a small pearl inlaid into the centre, almost like a pupil. The glass eye did not share this strange reaction, however.

The tunnel was lit every twenty metres or so by a single light, allowing for Emily to navigate the place well enough, though there was a spot of pure darkness between the two lights, only a few feet in length. Keeping the light on in these areas would be enough to keep Emily from stumbling over something or into a hole in the floor.

After walking for a short while, she'd notice a door on her right, made of heavily reinforced metal, it looked like a bulkhead of some sort.

As she walked, Emily looked at the patch again, noticing now something she didn't before. Throbbing in the Outsider's Mark is a thing that happens all the time, it happens when she uses powers sometimes, or when she is near a bone charm or rune. She hasn't felt that in a while though, ever since she came to this strange world. So, when the Mark began to throb near the eyepatch, it definitely raised questions. Something about this patch, or perhaps the pearl in the center, was magic. Which doesn't surprise her, as this might be Noir's or someone relating to him. While the patch and the eye both point to the Crazy, they don't bare the same details as that man's.

After walking for a while, the Empress spotted a large door, heavy, metal door. She couldn't help but smile that she found something in this tunnel. Unfortunately, there is no telling whats behind it. Knowing the Crazies for a few short minutes alone will tell you that it's nothing good, probably. Still, that only matters if she can get this open. Kaldwin stands in front of the bulkhead, gripping onto its wheel before trying to turn it.

• It seemed that Sophitia was more or less trapped in the room. Well, except the platform above her. The Athenian Greek frowned, as it seemed like she couldn’t get there via any flight of stairs. Maybe she would have to improvise.

"There’s gotta be a way up..." She whispered to herself before being interrupted by the roaring underneath. If she stayed in the room, chances were that whatever behemoth lay beneath her would probably burst through and attack- not something she wished to happen. She began walking around the room, trying different angles to see if there were any potential climbable spots. In addition, she began placing her hands on the walls- not really looking for a hidden switch, but more of trying to find potential footholds that she could use to climb up. She wasn’t the most acrobatic, but the girl could climb and maneuver around pretty well.

Meat? Puppets made of meat? Well, it shouldn't really came as a surprise as this whole place was twisted and messed up so he didn't bother to question it. Instead he decided to start going to the treehouse the ghost mentioned, following in the direction he pointed. "So, these puppets, are they just toys or is there something unique about them? Like, do they move?" He decided to ask more about the puppets as they walked to the treehouse to learn more of this weird.... 'art form'.

Condition= Alert
Shields= Full

Interaction As he stepped pass the entrance of the store, he was greeted by carnage just as brutal, if not more so, as the scene inside the store. The viscera did little to faze the the Spartan as he poked through the corpses for anything useful. Perhaps a side arm or some additional ammunition. Anything would be appreciated.

Something serious happened here, to lead to this kind of destruction. The Covenant were not the type to brutal their victims. A few plasma mortars would easily do the job. And even if they didn't have artillery, their plasma weapons killed cleanly. This could be the work of a Needler or a gravity hammer, but there were no traces of the shards, and these people were cut open, not smashed. Whoever or whatever did this was a unknown threat, and consequently, Emile would have to be very cautious. As the Spartan searched the remainder of a man's torso, he remained alert got whatever was causing that scraping sound.

Mentioned:

-M308 Rifle

Powers NA
One of the ruined sidearms clutched in a severed hand still had its magazine intact, allowing the Spartan to salvage the ammunition inside. Emile might recognize it as a Baretta M9, standard issue military sidearm used in the late 20th century on earth.

Aside from that, a blunt looking combat knife was lodged into one of the walls, pinning a large chunk of putrid flesh to it. It looked mostly undamaged, its cerakote finish still intact enough to have saved it from rusting with time and exposure to the filth it held to the wall. But it did look heavily used and lacked much of an edge.

The scraping continued at its pace, never faltering. If it was a person, they must have OCD to maintain this perfect rhythm

QizPizza QizPizza
As she walked, Emily looked at the patch again, noticing now something she didn't before. Throbbing in the Outsider's Mark is a thing that happens all the time, it happens when she uses powers sometimes, or when she is near a bone charm or rune. She hasn't felt that in a while though, ever since she came to this strange world. So, when the Mark began to throb near the eyepatch, it definitely raised questions. Something about this patch, or perhaps the pearl in the center, was magic. Which doesn't surprise her, as this might be Noir's or someone relating to him. While the patch and the eye both point to the Crazy, they don't bare the same details as that man's.

After walking for a while, the Empress spotted a large door, heavy, metal door. She couldn't help but smile that she found something in this tunnel. Unfortunately, there is no telling whats behind it. Knowing the Crazies for a few short minutes alone will tell you that it's nothing good, probably. Still, that only matters if she can get this open. Kaldwin stands in front of the bulkhead, gripping onto its wheel before trying to turn it.

Taking the wheel into her hands, Emily would find it budged but was very hard to turn. It clearly hadn't been well maintained, a little oil would go a long way here. After struggling with the wheel for a few minutes, Emily would be able to swing the heavy door open, revealing yet more concrete walls, but a well-illuminated room. It looked like some kind of storeroom, walls lined with shelving units and free-standing shelves in the middle of the room.

It would have been a welcome sight, were there not a man sat on a chair parallel to the door, holding a shotgun and frowning.

• It seemed that Sophitia was more or less trapped in the room. Well, except the platform above her. The Athenian Greek frowned, as it seemed like she couldn’t get there via any flight of stairs. Maybe she would have to improvise.

"There’s gotta be a way up..." She whispered to herself before being interrupted by the roaring underneath. If she stayed in the room, chances were that whatever behemoth lay beneath her would probably burst through and attack- not something she wished to happen. She began walking around the room, trying different angles to see if there were any potential climbable spots. In addition, she began placing her hands on the walls- not really looking for a hidden switch, but more of trying to find potential footholds that she could use to climb up. She wasn’t the most acrobatic, but the girl could climb and maneuver around pretty well.

Looking for a new point of view prooved to give the warrior all the advantage she needed. One of the pylons seemed to be damaged with age, a large rusted panel on one side that had holes eaten through it by time and decay. With a sturdy impact, it could be knocked over to form a ramp upwards, allowing her to make a short jump to the catwalk.

Now the question was how to best knock it down. She could find a way to use whatever creature lay beneath to knock it over or try to find something in the room that might allow her to do the job herself.

Thankfully she was presented with a tool that might help her achieve this outcome, as she'd see a bright red box on one of the walls, holding an axe behind some glass. While it seemed more like an axe you'd use for cutting wood than one used for combat, it bore a large spike on the back, which looked like it could do some serious damage to metal.

Meat? Puppets made of meat? Well, it shouldn't really came as a surprise as this whole place was twisted and messed up so he didn't bother to question it. Instead he decided to start going to the treehouse the ghost mentioned, following in the direction he pointed. "So, these puppets, are they just toys or is there something unique about them? Like, do they move?" He decided to ask more about the puppets as they walked to the treehouse to learn more of this weird.... 'art form'.

"Sometimes they move around. I don't like it when my puppets move around though, they have bad tempers" the child murmurs, huffing quietly as he hovers among the brush, doing his best to conceal his presence "But the mean lady likes to break those ones, so they're good to help keep her away" the ghost snips at the air with his shears as he moves, blowing quiet raspberries to keep himself entertained "She's not as bad as the others. It's that big bully with the strange teeth you need to hide from...He eats a lot"

The child stops and glances around, before floating upwards, hugging a tree slightly as he frowns "Awww...My puppets are here already. You should watch out, they don't like me having friends"

Zerulu Zerulu

Taking the wheel into her hands, Emily would find it budged but was very hard to turn. It clearly hadn't been well maintained, a little oil would go a long way here. After struggling with the wheel for a few minutes, Emily would be able to swing the heavy door open, revealing yet more concrete walls, but a well-illuminated room. It looked like some kind of storeroom, walls lined with shelving units and free-standing shelves in the middle of the room.

It would have been a welcome sight, were there not a man sat on a chair parallel to the door, holding a shotgun and frowning.

After much strain, she was able to swing open the bulkhead and see inside the room. It was a well-lit room, with shelves filling a lot of it's space. It would be most delightful to find a storage room that might have something useful, if it were not for the man pointing a gun at Emily. The Empress's eyes went wide as she slowly raised her arms in a surrender. This man was not shooting her without thought, so that was a good sign. But good signs can flip over when rammed by a truck swerving off the road. Hopefully that truck comes another day. She could use her Far Reach to grab it out of his hands, but he might shoot first. Without most of her powers, there is no telling what damage that'll do to her. Besides, perhaps he is open to a more diplomatic route.

"I come in peace, I promise." Emily stays in the doorway of the storage room, not wanting to provoke the sitting man. "If you don't mind me asking, though, who are you? What is this place?"

After much strain, she was able to swing open the bulkhead and see inside the room. It was a well-lit room, with shelves filling a lot of it's space. It would be most delightful to find a storage room that might have something useful, if it were not for the man pointing a gun at Emily. The Empress's eyes went wide as she slowly raised her arms in a surrender. This man was not shooting her without thought, so that was a good sign. But good signs can flip over when rammed by a truck swerving off the road. Hopefully that truck comes another day. She could use her Far Reach to grab it out of his hands, but he might shoot first. Without most of her powers, there is no telling what damage that'll do to her. Besides, perhaps he is open to a more diplomatic route.

"I come in peace, I promise." Emily stays in the doorway of the storage room, not wanting to provoke the sitting man. "If you don't mind me asking, though, who are you? What is this place?"

The silence in the room grew more and more deafening with each moment, the man sat, stone-faced and unmoving, before slouching forwards and landing in a heap on the floor, his body turning to dust in an instant. The only things left were his clothes and his gun. It seemed Emily had disturbed his mummified corpse after many years.

Taking a look around after confirming the threat was gone, she'd see why very quickly. He had taped all the ventilation ducts shut. This fact, combined with the airtight bulkhead meant this room hadn't contained fresh air in years. The stubs of burnt out candles could be seen lining some of the shelves, and a small generator sat in one corner, long since empty.

It seems the poor bastard chose to choke himself to death in this room, rather than face whatever lived in this strange place. Perhaps it was out of desperation, or cowardice? He could have blown his head off with that shotgun if he wanted it to be quick, after all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back