• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Military Brats RP

Freddie

This is to be the OOC chat- for questions/comments/concerns, for figuring out plots and character relationships with others, and to get to know one another! Plotting can also be done in a PM, but it would be really nice if you could post the outcome of said plotting here, so that people (including me) knows what's going on.

I'd also like it if people would introduce themselves here, that way we can get to know one another, not just the characters we play! I'll start!

My name is Freddie, I started RPing on RPN in the early summer, and I'm in college studying a whole lot of subjects that may or may not land me a job, and will probably lead to graduate school. As a teen, I became interested in joining the NOAA Corps after college, but I was re-diagnosed with asthma. Even though it's controlled by medication, and only triggered by very fluffy animals, it's still an automatic DQ from any uniformed services- oh well, I guess I'll probably end up working at a military hospital anyways.

My grandfather was a Navy Corpsman, my dad worked for DOD with the Navy, and my older brother was in NROTC but had to quit because his schedule (it's complicated), but he's still planning on joining the Navy. While I haven't grown up entirely in military culture, I've sure experienced my fair share! (I'm not going to say Navy is the best, but...)

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys, I'm not going to be able to read the characters with animated GIF's ... unless you want to put me on an ambulance.

@Freddie, I take we are going to wait for your cue before we start the IC thread?

Mitheral said:
Guys, I'm not going to be able to read the characters with animated GIF's ... unless you want to put me on an ambulance.

@Freddie, I take we are going to wait for your cue before we start the IC thread?
Yep we need a few more characters (and I'll put my gifs under spoiler tags, is that alright?)

Spoilers would work great. Could still look to see what the characters look like - briefly, lol - then hide them again to read text. My eyes used to be a lot stronger. It's the years and abuse of them. After taking 20 semester hours at a time in my 1st year of college and having to read 120 pages a night ... my eyes kinda wore out. Started having bad muscle spasms in one eye.

What we need in the RP are some more male characters. I think I am still the only one.

We need more guys ...

LOL, caught my own typo. I wrote Kirk - land, instead of Kirtland. (And I lived there. You would think ...) Well, (huffs). Bet you guys didn't know it was named after Captain Kirk. Nyah!

Mitheral said:
Spoilers would work great. Could still look to see what the characters look like - briefly, lol - then hide them again to read text. My eyes used to be a lot stronger. It's the years and abuse of them. After taking 20 semester hours at a time in my 1st year of college and having to read 120 pages a night ... my eyes kinda wore out. Started having bad muscle spasms in one eye.
What we need in the RP are some more male characters. I think I am still the only one.

We need more guys ...

LOL, caught my own typo. I wrote Kirk - land, instead of Kirtland. (And I lived there. You would think ...) Well, (huffs). Bet you guys didn't know it was named after Captain Kirk. Nyah!
I could always change my character into a guy if I had to..

I think I accidentally deleted my intro so... I'm DreamBeat, former military brat. I'm a rising senior in high school, and I'm thinking about studying medicine. Maybe I'll get a job at a hospital or a pharmacy on base or something~

Oh no, I actually LIKE all the characters - even if Duncan might not get along with some of them. That's just teenage BS. However, Duncan is 13, almost 14, Rayna is 14. The rest are 15 or older. At those ages sexes start to polarize. 15 year old girls aren't going to want to hang out with a 13 year old boy. It aint fair, but them's the facts. And when you think about it, are a bunch of girls going to want one, overly smart younger boy in their business all the time?

And how many of those girls are going to want to do GUY things?

Reminds me of the song, "I Wanna Talk About Me".

I actually have a couple of guy friends the same age as my brother, so I saw no problem with that. I don't know, bit I guess they'll find out huh?? Lol

What do you classify as guy things?

You know ... GUY things .. secret things Girls "don't know about.

1. Talking about girls. You don't seriously think we'd talk about them with them there and listening?

2. Sports. (Boring to Duncan, but he can hang around and nod a lot.)

3. Hmm .. age 12 is about where playing army stops. darn it. That was fun. But also not a girl thing. (This does not mean we never had girls join us. There was that one who had a crush on me that always seemed to manage to get captured along with me ... hmm...)

4. Doing stupid daredevil stunts with whatever mode of transportation was available.

5. Figuring out ways to blow stuff up with whatever was on hand ...

Guy things. Bet you girls never knew we did all this stuff.

Edit: Pretty much anything that didn't involve shopping for clothes, talking about how to apply makeup, etc ...

Mitheral said:
You know ... GUY things .. secret things Girls "don't know about.
1. Talking about girls. You don't seriously think we'd talk about them with them there and listening?

2. Sports. (Boring to Duncan, but he can hang around and nod a lot.)

3. Hmm .. age 12 is about where playing army stops. darn it. That was fun. But also not a girl thing. (This does not mean we never had girls join us. There was that one who had a crush on me that always seemed to manage to get captured along with me ... hmm...)

4. Doing stupid daredevil stunts with whatever mode of transportation was available.

5. Figuring out ways to blow stuff up with whatever was on hand ...

Guy things. Bet you girls never knew we did all this stuff.

Edit: Pretty much anything that didn't involve shopping for clothes, talking about how to apply makeup, etc ...
1. Yes, I know. Though I don't know how they talk about girls. Come on, I had guy friends. I tell one guy something and then all of a sudden the other guys know. .... maybe it's just them.

2. Yes... I know. They can be speaking about it right I'm front of me, and it would be gibberish.

3. I.. did not know that.

4. Yes, I knew that.

5. And no, I did not know that. Why?

I've never liked shopping, and though I did go through a time when I was interested in make up, that was when I was 9. Learned to not mess with make up. I was more of a "let's go outside and play" girl when I was younger. Now I'm a "sit at home and watch drama" kinda girl. Did you figure out that I have no friends within the vicinity of my home?

Bear in mind that 13 was 40 years ago for me. Kids in the 70s were very different.

Okay so I'm thinking that we need 1 or 2 more guy characters, and then we can start- I won't close character sign-ups, those characters would just have to come as new people

Freddie said:
Okay so I'm thinking that we need 1 or 2 more guy characters, and then we can start- I won't close character sign-ups, those characters would just have to come as new people
Have you tried posting an interest check?

DreamBeat said:
Have you tried posting an interest check?
Yes, I have... including bumping the old interest check *shrugs* if all else fails, we could start without another dude

True. If you have us living on the same block, anyone new is going to get spotted right off the bat as we watch them move in.

Mitheral said:
True. If you have us living on the same block, anyone new is going to get spotted right off the bat as we watch them move in.
Have you ever experienced the power of the rumor mill at school? A new kid moves in during the middle of the school year and then there's a rumor going around about the new kid

Nope, never ... not once. Just kidding. I think we were going to start in the Summer ... before the start of school. LOL, Duncan is doomed to a life of misery if not. No fashion sense. And his parents don't care, just so long as he is wearing SOMEthing. He could wear striped pants and a flannel shirt and they wouldn't notice.

Almost wish we were starting now, despite the lack of guys. (LOL, I have the ladies all to myself. DIBBS!)

Mitheral said:
Nope, never ... not once. Just kidding. I think we were going to start in the Summer ... before the start of school. LOL, Duncan is doomed to a life of misery if not. No fashion sense. And his parents don't care, just so long as he is wearing SOMEthing. He could wear striped pants and a flannel shirt and they wouldn't notice.

Almost wish we were starting now, despite the lack of guys. (LOL, I have the ladies all to myself. DIBBS!)
Lol~

We can start now if people would like... I'm currently trying to drum up interest for 3 roleplays I have going and it's a tedious process

If you could, set the start date of the RP. IE ... middle of summer, week before school starts, First day of school, etc ...

Mitheral said:
If you could, set the start date of the RP. IE ... middle of summer, week before school starts, First day of school, etc ...
Week before school starts sounds excellent

I realized that I put the BX and that maybe not all the bases had that. I was wondering if different branches of the services had different stores...

Yep .. BX is base Exchange. As far as I know, only the Air Force called their sites bases. The Army fort is referred to as a post.

DreamBeat said:
I realized that I put the BX and that maybe not all the bases had that. I was wondering if different branches of the services had different stores...
Navy calls it "Navy Exchange," Air Force calls it "BX," Army calls it "PX," and now most days they're labeled as just "exchanges" to prevent confusion

Mitheral said:
Yep .. BX is base Exchange. As far as I know, only the Air Force called their sites bases. The Army fort is referred to as a post.
Well that's different 0.0 So I guess I just change it to the PX?

Or exchange...

The commissary is the same right? ..... right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back