• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Merman Romance (MxM) (FxM)

Protocol

I've been wanting to do this RP for a long time, so please PM me if you're interested.

Plot

In the land of Helora the inland continent made a deal with the water demons. Because Helora's economy was tied to the amount of rain they received they offered the demons a bride every five years in exchange for rain.

In the last few decades Helora has prospered and has forgotten the promise they made to the merpeople. In retribution the mers have dried up all the rivers and lakes and caused the sea levels to dip. Helora has decided to send a bride every month for the next year in hopes that the mers will forgive them.

One such "bride" was being prepared to be taken out to sea and dropped into the ocean at the "Alter" point where he would be weighted down by heavy jewelry.

Notes:

• Because mers live in close knit family groups they are often related to practically everyone in their pod in one way or another. That's why the tradition is for mers to marry a human and then turn them into a mers.
  • Mers can shift to human form for a maximum of six hours a day.
  • The mers keep their human spouses in an underwater city that they can't escape from without drowning.
  • A kiss from a mers gives the receiver the ability to breath for up to three hours underwater.

My Characters

I have two characters I've already made for this RP. Which one I'll use depends on whether you want to be the merman or human.

If you want your character to be human then I'll play as Kenta or if you want to play as the mer then I'll be Jace. Please make an OC for the RP. I've put a some work into these characters and I'd love for them to be paired up with a 3 dimensional character.

• Mizushima Kenta

b3fbb6d9189b7b177373f2a09b6c24cc.jpg

Full Name: Kenta

Sex: Male

Species: Nagi

Bride:

• Lee-Jun-Ki-korean-actors-and-actresses-32477052-500-440.jpg

Hair: Black

Eyes: Almond shaped. Dark rich brown. The pupils almost seem to seep into his iris.

Height: 5'9

Figure: Fit

Other: Has many faint scars along his body. He has a spiderweb scar on his right hip that looks like he was burned. On his left hip he has a six inch white puckered scar, that is painfully noticeable when he is in merform against his black tail.

Rules

Literate.

An average of 3+ paragraphs per post.

Post Often

Try to post at least once a day. If you aren't going to be available for awhile please notify me or mention it in the OOC.

Autohit

Autohit is when one character hits other without given the other player a chance to retaliate. Ex: John twisted Bob's neck, killing him. Or John pulled Susan into a passionate kiss. Away to avoid this is to use the Attempt/Try rule instead. Ex: John pulled Susan close to kiss her passionately. John attempted to break Bob's neck. This way the intended action is clear, but depends on the other players response.

Mary Sues/Gary Stu

A Mary Sue is a seemingly perfect character who beyond all odds always saves the day and has zero flaws. In real life people have flaws and characters are much more interesting when they have some depth to them.

Metagaming

Metagaming is when a character uses out of character information that the character couldn't have know. For example one user posts and has their character hide in the barn. Another player can't simply have their character go straight to the barn to look for them. Please give IC reasons for a characters actions and don't use OOC information in the IC tab.

God Modding

God Modeling is to make a character invincible. For example, in a fight never taking a hit. This can be remedied by letting a character take some hits, while dodging others.

Insta Love

I want our characters to work for it.

tumblr_mt381zU9jM1ql1l43o1_1280.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
@Protocol Hey, this looks pretty interesting. Could you give it a go with me? For some reason, it wouldn't give me the option to PM you, so here I am...

Protocol said:
Sure! Who would you like to play as?
Since you have a better grasp of the underwater world, I feel like being a human today :)

Unless you were asking me to pick one of the character you made?

DreamBeat said:
Since you have a better grasp of the underwater world, I feel like being a human today :)
Unless you were asking me to pick one of the character you made?
Alright I created a thread. Fantasy - Offering

lol No. The characters are just for me.

Hello! I would be willing to play as the merman if you please! Seems like a really interesting plot, but if you're busy I understand :)

soches said:
Hello! I would be willing to play as the merman if you please! Seems like a really interesting plot, but if you're busy I understand :)
No I would love too!!! Are you okay with MxM?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back