Mentally Unstable Supepowered Beings

Shura

Pounce Ninja
Note to self: Think of a better name

Setting: Futuristic/ Magic mix. Advanced level RP with a minim 2-3 Paragraphs per post (Even in conversation) OP elements present but no god moding

Overall Story

Monsters (Of unknown, possibly magic, origins) have started to appear around the world. These monsters range in shape and size but all pose a threat to humanity. A project was born to create super humans however they could not properly test the project on valuable soldier. So instead they used volunteers, homeless, the insane and the criminal to test out the procedure. Most died but as time passed they got better, more successful.

The end result was a collection of super human being however as a side effect of the mutation subjects were all developed mental disorders (This will requite research on the players part). No matter what they changed the result was the same mentally unstable super powered beings with no way around the mental defects. The project was not scrapped however, The scientist salvaged what the could of the project and turned their"failures" into an army.

---

Basically the RP will be in two segments one where players are allowed to run around and kill, mame and murder monsters as the pleased being as over the top as they want. And the second would be when they are brought back to the Asylum and they recover and wait for the next wave of monsters. This time will generally be filled with insane banter and character development. Possible team ups and rivalries born.

Subjects would be controlled vis collars which could Shock, tranquilize or euthanize subjects. Each collar would be made specific to the subjects powers so it could not be removed.

Powers

Power would work a little different because it is a mutation they will be more physical based.

Electromanipulation would be that your character can absorb and generate electricity and fire it out of their hand but not control the electricity once it out of your hands. Same going for fire and other "element based" super powers. Iron skin, shape shifting, flame body, invisibility, bone generation, these are all abilities would be allowed.

Seconday powers would be allowed to compliment their main power. Much like Wolverines healing factor combined with his claws.

Example:

Electricity absorption/ generation and Immunity to electricity.

Acidic blood/body fluids and regeneration/ immunity to toxins

@Godman873 @AkuNoOkami @theunderwolf

Last edited by a moderator:
aw someone took shapeshifting and I wanted to try a mentally disturbed fox :( I'll try to think of something else but I like the looks of this Rp!

XP if you want to take something like Fox-physiology you can Thunder. could have fox ears and a tail and change into a were-fox of sorts if you want. @theunderwolf

I'm honestly encouraging creativity with this RP. Make your character as unreal and quirky as you want in all honesty

I was talking about the fight or flight character but interesting Idea, it gave me a couple ideas for powers

So far I'm thinking of shadow manipulation

but I'm trying to see what i could do with that @o@

Would chimera powers work? Like she can partially mutate her body into other animals? Wings claws stingers fangs etc?

maybe like clones made of her shadow

or she can like "melt" into her shadow and travel like that, as a black blob in the ground cx

Yea i think ill go with that lol

@HoneyBear-Kat - Not really unless she would just melt into shadows and moved with in them. If you like the whole darkness look but something my doable would be Ink-mimicry

@theunderwolf - that would be possible

I liked the dark look, i was gonna make an extremely opposite character, who has like a split, sadistic personality cx

But ink mimicry would be pretty cool :o

Sai is awesome! Go emotionally detached, socially stunted, and impossibly alabaster kids who always speak in monotone and insult others based on their flaws, may they be physical or mental!

It it strange that after only reading the title and before reading the description I thought---Aberrant?

Thanks for the tag! Unfortunately this doesn't quite catch my eye, but I wish you all good luck and good fun in your RPing! :)

Shura said:
Aberrant?
Yeah the White Wolf RPG where you played "super heroes" who could attain comic levels or power. Like all WW games there was a dark twist in the fact that the very thing that gave your characters their powers was destined to drive them insane. One of my favorite take on the genre because of some of the little subtleties like the fact that many of the heroes were Mercs working for the highest bidder and the fact that, even those who weren't often had endorsement deals from various corporations and wore their logos on their outfits like a NASCAR driver or Captain Amazing from Mystery Men (a film I only bothered to watch once--but I still recall at least that one part). It's something you almost never see in comics but which I would expect from a corporate driven capitalist society.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back