Memorable or favorite video game moments

Genon

Two Thousand Club
Alright, RPN! Give us some memorable moments from your gaming careers! Oh, and one thing of note: You can mark spoilers if you so choose, but since memorable moments tend to include endings or secrets anyway, it is not a requirement for this thread.

So with that out of the way, here's one of mine:

--> Fighting Ganon (beast form) for the first time in LoZ OoT 3D. When he knocked away the Master Sword, most players might have been dumbstruck. My response in a nutshell? "WELL FUCK YOU, YOU IDIOTIC STRIP OF BACON! I HAVE AN EVEN BIGGER SWORD RIGHT HERE IN MY INVENTORY!" I then proceeded to kick the everloving crap out of him with the Biggoron's Sword. Never was I so glad to have done all of that backtracking to get a weapon I would rarely use.

Last edited by a moderator:
One of my favorite moments was in Metal Gear Solid 3. After you get captured you get interrogated and tortured and the whole time the antagonist is complaining and shouting about an enemy spy in his ranks he cannot find and literally everybody in the room except him is a spy that is working against him.

Mine relates to the game Dark Age of Camelot. 2am/alarm relic raids. Everyone getting up in the middle of the night, turning your characters /anon on and then going to steel the relics from the Hibernia or Midgard.

Oh, my. I have so many...

Chrono Trigger: When you fight Magus for the first time, AND encountering the Black Tyrano boss

Terranigma: When a particular character dies, which I'm not going to say, but anyone who's played the game will know which one.

Lufia 2: Maxim and Selan's wedding ceremony

Super Castlevania 3: Everything in stage three

Final Fantasy 4: The cutscene just after you defeat Cagnazzo. STONE!

Skyrim: The first time you encounter a dragon (maybe it's just me but this really impressed me the first time)

Suikoden 2: There are so many Riou and Jowy scenes I could name in this game, but I'll just pick the one where they finally meet again after so many years of war

Final Fantasy 7: I have to use codespeak for this, just in case a baby logged onto in the internet and didn't know, so I will just say: when Snape kills Dumbledore

Kirby's Adventure: The ending sequence. It's really nostalgic but I just have to put it on here.

Yes, I'm limited to mostly older games but that's what I've got.

In Tomb Raider (2013), when Roth is killed by one of Himiko's worshippers, and it is revealed how Lara Croft's signature dual pistols came to be. It's such a touching moment, and really deepens the character.

(BEST GAME SERIES EVER, WOO!)

I started to main weapons in Splatoon. My first main was the "Carbon Roller". I literally got the most kills out of everyone who played with me And the time when i killed DJ Octavio on the first try.

Well in terms of a memorable moments I would have to say the first encounter with the deviljho in Monster hunter 3 ultimate. And successfully killing an elder dragon by myself in 4 ultimate.

Put this one under a spoiler tag because it's a big one.

The moment you find out that Skull Kid is under the influence of Majora's Mask and that the Moon has that terrifying expression on its face for a reason. Damn. Poor Skull Kid. Poor Link for having to deal with this Bullshit Mask.

The whole scene with the five children inside the Moon had me going too. Don't even get me started on that boss fight with Majora. Absolute chaos. An excellent ending to the strangest, darkest Zelda game I've ever played. 10/10 would play it again.

I was enamored with Blackreach the first time I came across it in Skyrim. That place is beautiful.

The plot of Catherine is memorable to me as it is one of my favorites in recent gaming memory. It drew me in and kept me there until the end.

What about the end of mass effect 3? or the ending of portal?

Undertale. When I killed Toriel.

Life is Strange. That goddamn maze in episode five, took me forever.

Portal 2 Coop. That cutscene at the end, and the credits music.

Crusader Kings 2. Discovering the power of backstabbing by allying Scotland to help me fight a civil war, followed by un-allying Scotland, then fabricating a claim on a good chunk of Scotland, and using it. Then using my newfound alliances with France and HRE to press my neice(?)'s claim to the Scottish throne and interbreeding her nondynastic children with my heir to get a claim in the- I'm going to cut myself off here.

"Lives, lived, will live. Dies, died, will die. It's all a matter of perspective."

The ending of Bioshock Infinite. It simply blew my mind. No game managed to leave me sitting in silence like that while the credits rolled. The way it plays with space and time is amazing, not to mention how unexpected the ending was. It's a masterpiece.

Undertale, Genocide run. Enough said. I still feel terrible. And yes, I got dunked on a lot.

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess. The boss fight against Ganon. It is epicness in a nutshell. It made me sweat and squirm in my chair. The music is pure awesomeness. Basically, it's perfection. Maybe not the hardest bossfight, but definitely the coolest and most epic one I've ever played.

Uncharted 3: Doughnut Drake. The best skin in gaming history. It is absolutely hilarious and makes me smile just thinking about it.

Good times.

Also TREASUUUUURE! AND GUNS. PUZZLES!

There's more but this is getting lenghty, so bai.

When I was six, my brother and I used to always play Guitar Hero III Legends of Rock, and we took turns switching between who got to chose the song we would play. I, being a little six year old girl, only liked the song "

". So, I would always chose that EVERY. SINGLE. TIME.
My brother was so upset that I wouldn't stop picking that song that he rage quit many times, and later on even banned me from choosing the song more than once or he wouldn't play with me. To this day I still know every single lyric and beat...

Another one of my favorite happens in Resident Evil 4 after you unlock the knight outfit for Ashley. Since she is invincible and cannot be kidnapped by the Ganandos I spent an entire playthrough using her as bait to attract almost all enemies in the map while I would shoot them.

Minecraft- Whenever all that grinding and enchanting paid off whenever I took down the Ender Dragon single-handedly for the achievement to do so on the xbox 360.

Stardew Valley-

tfw when you finish all the bundles in the community center, and get the Stardew Valley Hero trophy- as well as the feels you get when you're visited by your dead grandpa in year 3.

Skyrim- idk, i always got a warm fuzzy feeling whenever I was playing and my sister would come up and lay beside/on me and watch me play. and now, she asks me for advice/locations of where things are and it feels good to be the know-it-all.

Beating Dark Souls for the first time without a guide

As I watched my character sacrifice himself to prolong the First Flame a part of me felt like crying on that very moment as it dawned on me that this amazing journey was coming to an end. It pained me to think that I wouldn't be seeing the characters that I had grown so fond of (Specially Solaire, The Fair Lady, Lautrec, Kirk and Siegmeyer) again. Luckily these feelings dissipated quickly after I learned about NG+.

The ending to Persona 3

Damn, this still haunts me to this very day. Basically what happens is that you manage to fend off a god, Nyx, who is trying to put an end to human civilization as we know it. After that you are allowed to still play the game (Despite the fact that there are no more enemies to fight) and interact with your friends. As the day go by your character seems to slowly grow more and more exhausted. Then the graduation day arrives. You see your character hanging out on the school's roof, where he/she is soon joined by his/her significant other. After exchanging a few heartwarming words the protagonist succumbs to his exhaustion and lies down on his/her significant other's lap. It is then that the protagonist hear his other friends running up the stairs to join them, but before he/she even manages to even get a glimpse of them he/she dozes off. Why? Well, turns out that in order to prevent Nyx from ever eradicating the human race our protagonist must die in order to become the seal that imprisons Nyx. Oh, and just to pour some salt into the wound the credits song (Memories of You) is basically a deeply emotional farewell to the protagonist by his/her significant other. I can't hear that damn song without feeling bitter. This is a small extract from the song's lyrics:

"Because you protected the ephemeral and flickering world with your hands

Now you may simply fold your wings and rest in peace

Wrapped in eternal tranquility, love through all eternity"

Devil May Cry 3: Special Edition

Mission 20 (Final Mission) - Screaming Souls, cast off your pride and embrace your fate.

--------------

Vergil: Give that to me.

Dante: No way you've got your own.

Vergil: Well I want yours too.

Dante: What are you going to do with all that power huh?

No matter how hard you try, you're never gonna be like father.

Vergil: You're wasting time!

Dante: We are the sons of Sparda.

Within each of us flows his blood.

But more important, his soul! And now, my soul is saying it wants

to stop you!

Vergil: Hahahaha... unfortunately our souls are at odd, brother.

I...need...more...POWER!!!!!!

Dante: And we're supposed to be twins...

Vergil: Twins... riiiight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back