• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Melek Orphanage (Angel vs. Demon)

Aura glared daggers at nothing in particular as snow continued it's path to the ground. Small flakes of it landing in her hair and melting, seeming like it had made its only goal in life to keep her freezing cold. She took in her surroundings and frowned. The street was littered with multicolored light bulbs, vibrant reds and greens, and overly joyous people walking from store to store. Her peaceful trek back from the library had gone from mildly lousy to utterly dreadful as soon as the first piece of frozen water had fallen from the sky.

A larger man dressed to the brim in red fabric and white fluff stood on the corner ringing a bell. Aura's expression darkened a bit more as she neared the corner. She ducked her head slightly down and to the side, not wanting to see the man at all as she passed, hoping he would get the hint. Sadly, this man seemed thoroughly oblivious to her opinion of the holidays as he directed his voice towards her. "Hey there young lady! Why don't you help spread some holiday cheer and donate some money to charity."

Nevermind having to have to speak to him, the words 'holiday cheer' had irked her even more and she turned to face the man with a scowl. "What 'holiday cheer'?" Forming quotation marks with her fingers as she spoke those words. "All I see this as is a bunch of people glad about nearly freezing to death, falling on ice, and some stupid old story about a man who was actually thrown in jail!" Her voice had risen with every letter and once words stopped fighting their way out off her mouth, she looked around. A young girl was crying while both his parents patted him on the back, the mother whispering words in her ear, probably along the lines of 'She's just grumpy that she never got any presents.' Another man had his son sitting on his shoulders and his hands covering the boy's ears. Many other spectators of the scene just stood in silence, watching to see if she was finished speaking or would open her mouth once again to complain.

The man who had been encouraging her to donate to charity just moments before now stood gaping at her, his eyes wide. She sneered one last time before turning on her heels and stalking away from the crowd of people still staring at her. "What's so good about Christmas anyways?" She mumbled to herself. After stomping away for what she deemed a suitable amount of time she slowed down to change her stomping feet to a more sophisticated walk. The second she put her foot down, it was caught on ice and she knew she was in for it. She fell to the ground, landing straight on her tailbone. "I hate stupid Christmas!" She shouted out to the world.

Nefi was furious with everyone, it wasn't fair that she had to be in this polluted place. Sure it was nice that it was winter, but still! She should be with her Demon, not here! If he was here, he would assure her, that everything would be alright, and he would probably make a snowball and through it at her. She would probably squeal, but join in on the fun. A tear threatened to fall, so, she took a deep breath, and let it out in a puff of air.

She noticed an angry woman, letting the world know, how she hated Christmas, while falling. Nefi smiled, it was quite hilarious, maybe she should go help her..Nah, she would be just to embarrassed. Despite her thinking, Nefi walked over to help the fallen woman.

Quickly grasping her arm, Nefi tugged her up, maybe a little to quick. Nefi realized that she had to lower her strength down a notch, otherwise she would already be put out as an outcast. After all, her sentence wasn't on time, it was till she 'Learned'. Whatever that meant.

Nefi grinned at the girl. "Names Nefi, may I have the pleasure of knowing yours? Or are you too much in a scramble to talk to a neighborly friend?" Nefi let go of the girls hand, hoping the girl was properly on her feet.

Aura had been staring angrily at the ground one moment, and the next, her body was jerked around like it weighed almost nothing and she was back on her feet. She looked at the person who had lifted her from the ground, taking in the appearance of a girl around her age, with green hair and a light jacket. The first words she spoke were crucial for how Aura would act around this person until they parted ways.

"Names Nefi, may I have the pleasure of knowing yours? Or are you too much in a scramble to talk to a neighborly friend?"

These words were quickly analyzed in her head. 'Two questions asked, one normal, one slightly joking, but still a bit more personal than just a simple 'Are you okay.' She studied the girl's face, sneering slightly at the big grin on it, she definitely didn't look like someone who knew nothing of what they wanted or need, so she ruled out 'ignorant' and 'confused'. That only left the category 'real', and while the smile she was wearing got on her nerves enough, she had also slightly insulted her in the first words that left her mouth, not something that a normal 'real' person would do.

She scowled. There had only been a few people she'd ever met that she couldn't categorize into one of her categories, and seeing as this girl was one of them, she wanted to get away from her as fast as she could. People that couldn't easily be filed away always tended to be pains. "Because laughing at someone else's misfortune definitely falls into the category of being 'neighborly'. Look, I don't want to talk to you, and I don't see any reason that you should be talking to me, so how about we end it here and never talk to each other again. Agreed?" She didn't wait for an answer as she continued speaking. "Good. Let's save any formalities for people who actually care."

Aura then walked right past the girl named Nefi as she continued on to her previous destination. She still had to do what 'Madam'(everyone just called her Mrs. Kim, even though she insisted on the title when others were around) Abbott had sent her out to do and go buy some presents for the other kids in the orphanage, the frown on her face growing as she was reminded of that unpleasant fact. "If I can just finish this up and go back, she promised I wouldn't have to do anything else Christmas related this year." She mumbled to herself as she tried to stop herself from turning around and going back to the orphanage empty handed, just to be sent out once more with an chaperon to keep an eye on her.

Last edited by a moderator:
After Nefi just had gotten 'a talking to', the girl brushed past her. Nefi shrugged her shoulders at the bell ringer. "Somebody's in a grumpy mood!" Nefi then realized that she too was in a degradable state. She instantly felt a cold wash over her. Nefi looked to the sky, to discover the snow was picking up its pace. She quickly pulled out a piece of paper she had gotten from her mom, it was of an orphanage of where she could stay. From the piece of paper, she apparently wasn't too far away.

Trudging in the snow covered ground, she marveled at the crunch, every time she took a step. Looking up to make sure she was on the right track, she realized she was already there.

The orphanage was made of a white stone, and it shined in the sun. There was about 10 steps up to the door, and there was pillars lining the door. The door was of a deep brown mahogany wood, with glass windows on the very top. Nefi was impressed.

Taking a deep breath, Nefi climbed up the stairs of the building, and gently knocked on the door, careful to not use her strength. The door opened a crack, revealing a little girl, of the age 7.

"Hi, my names Nefi, and I was told to come here. Is your caretaker here?"

The little girl nodded and opened the door wider, revealing a stunning interior. A older woman came running in, and smiled compassionately.

"I got a call that we would be having you. Let me show you your room."

They headed up a few sets of stairs. They eventually came to a stop in front of a room.

"This will be your room, you'll be sharing, I hope you don't mind...Well, I'll just let you settle in, if you need anything, don't fail to give a little holler." And with that, the older woman left.

Nefi let out a huge sigh, this was going to be a very long punishment...

Aura was not having a good day. She had lashed out at some annoying Santa guy, fallen on ice, met some whose memory is now going to be bugging her for at least the rest of the day, and now she was stuck in a store filled with toys, lights, and people. Her eyes quickly scanned the shelves, trying to grab something that Madam Abbott would approve of her getting for each child. Picking up item after she examined the tags of each before either setting them back down, or into the basket she had been carrying since entering the door and grabbing it from the stack of many.

She approached the cashier after having found a proper present for each child. There were a couple books, a teddy bear, a watch, and many other assorted gifts. Exiting the store as fast as she could, she made her way back to the orphanage. Her face was red from the cold by the time she got back to the building, pushing the door open and shutting it quickly she let out a breath as the warmth of the place enveloped her. Walking to the office that had been taken over by Mrs. Kim she slowly pushed the door open.

"Here's the stuff you asked for." She said, holding up the bag as proof before setting it down on the corner of the desk. "I'm going up to my room now, and remember, you promised no more Christmas related stuff." Her voice was monotone as she spoke, never having hated the woman, but never having liked her either. Her views and the level of respect she had for a person increased during the year only to be ruined when the holiday season came by. She turned and left the room, heading for the stairs and almost making it up before Mrs. Kim came almost running out of her room.

"W-wait!" Was spoken in a hurried tone. "There's something I forgot to tell you."

Aura only glanced over her shoulder, wanting to settle in under her blankets with a good book and not have to worry about the rest of the world. "Just tell me later, if you can forget it then it must not be that important." Her journey up the stairs was finished momentarily and she made her way to the door of her room, thoughts of relaxation filling her hopeful mind as she opened it without a second thought.

Aura had always liked her room, it was quiet, it wasn't at all festive, and she was the only one in it, never having to share it as she was the oldest and there was an odd number of children in the orphanage. She opened the door and stepped in, there was only one problem. Her gaze had caught sight of a person, green hair, and a jacket, making her fortress of solitude not so solitary anymore. She had turned to yell at Mrs. Kim planning to demand to know what was going on before her brain did a double take. Her eyes were once again on the person in her room, widening as she realized who it was. "What are you doing here?!" was out of her mouth before she could even think of stopping the words. This day was not getting any better.

After she had sat on one of the beds, she had been thinking about her demon. Was he thinking about her? Did he miss her? Did he know about what happened? The questions were endless, and still continued. Tears started to spill down her cheeks, despite her desperate tries to stop. She heard the door open from downstairs, and realized that the same person was coming into the room. Desperate, more than ever, she looked for something to cover her face, and couldn't find anything. Nefi could hear the steps draw closer, not knowing what else to do, she quickly wiped away her tears, and used all her strength to keep them from falling again.

When the person reached the doorway, Nefi had fully composed herself, and was ready to face her roommate.

"What are you doing here?"

Nefi turned around, and instantly recognized the woman from before. Nefi was temporarily stunned, unable to speak, but she quickly snapped out if it.

"Well I did tell you I was a neighbor.." Nefi let out a nervous laugh, realizing that she was probably intruding. Well, this just became a whole bunch longer punishment, great. Now you are stuck with a woman, that may as well be as a grumpy old man.

"
So, um. Which bed is yours, so I can take the other one.." Nefi trailed off, realizing she still didn't know the woman's name.

Aura frowned at the girl's attempt at making this less awkward. "You happen to be sitting on it, but frankly you shouldn't even be here anyways." Her tone was cold as she addressed 'Nefi'. What kind of name was that anyways?

Mrs. Kim had finally caught up and was watching the exchange. "Aura..." She said the name cautiously, not wanting the girl to cause enough commotion that the other children would appear from their doorways to watch as well. She ushered Aura into the room before closing the door behind her. "Aura," she reiterated. "This is Nefertiti, and she'll be sharing a room with you for the time being." She was slowly inching her hand towards Aura, as if she was trying to tame some sort of wild animal.

Aura caught the movement in the corner of her eye, having been glaring at Nefi as Mrs. Kim had spoken. At sight of the hand reaching for her she turned her glare to Mrs. Kim who promptly said something along the lines of 'have a good time, and don't kill each other' with a bit of a smile on her face before she hurried out of the room, leaving Aura alone to scowl at the newcomer in her room.

"Well aren't you a doll." Nefi stated sarcastically, probably not helping the situation, but Nefi could barely restrain herself from going all out. This woman was a JERK! Nefi stood up, and moved over to the other bed.

"Oh my goodness, I'm glad I got this bed. Hallelujah! Don't want that stinky bed, ick!" Nefi was trying to remain good, didn't want to mess up her first day, but words were already tumbling out of her mouth before she could snatch them back up.

After the older woman left, Nefi stood up, prepared to go full out. She had several fights with demons, verbal, and physical, so this puny little thing had no chance against her.

"Oh, and I never caught your name. I think you were a little busy feeling sorry for yourself." Nefi smirked. Though she was a genetic angel, didn't come even close to what was on the inside. She strangely felt better with each insult that flew out of her mouth.

Aura's eyes narrowed at the girl, but was mentally cringing. "I'm not being rude, you're just insignificant." If Nefi wanted to engage in some sort of verbal sparing it was not going to work out for Aura. She had typically tried to stay away from people, so she didn't have much practice in the art of arguing. "If I threw a stick out the door would you leave? Actually some fish food might work better seeing how you have that pile of seaweed sitting on top of your head." That was probably the best she would get considering how anti-social she normally was.

Nefi burst out laughing. "Is that seriously the best you have? I would challenge you to a duel of wits, but I see you come unprepared. Perhaps when you've brought at least a toothpick of knowledge?"

Nefi honestly was thrilled with the action, and this time, she could actually fight back. Nefi put up her walls, making her ruthless, with no compassion whatsoever, including herself. Nefi sneer grew even bigger. If Levi was seeing this, he would be proud. After all, he was the one that helped her become what she was. Taught her how to make up her own insults, and all that. Thinking about him, she started hallucinating things, like seeing his lovely eyes, in the woman's face. She quickly shook her head, clearing her head, but for some strange reason, it didn't go away. Deciding that it was her inner angel, not wanting to harm the weakling, she shoved it aside, bringing back her smirk.

Aura knew that this was a losing battle, but her pride would not let her just walk away from it, so she continued, digging herself deeper and deeper into a hole. "I realize that coming up short in the gene pool and losing out on both looks and brains must be quite annoying, but could you shock me and at least think up something semi-intelligent, or are you going to lose even more originality and quote another dead writer?" Aura mentally cheered for barely keeping up but if this continued on, she'd run out of things to say really quickly.

"Oh, you know him? You guys would be the best of friends...Your...your. Never mind, I can't think of a single good quality about you, that anyone, could possibly like." Nefi feigned, as if she was actually trying to find something. Nefi smiled sweetly at the girl, as if she was trying to be helpful. "Now, if you don't mind. I'm hungry, and in some need of food. I've had quite the long journey, and well...don't want to be completely harmless, and bury you in the ground, after all, we're going to be roommates!" Nefi feigned happiness, and then turned around.

"Another victory for the count, and for a reward, food, here I come" Nefi whispered to herself, inaudible for anyone to hear. She continued down the stairs, to where she had met the older woman, hoping the older woman could guide her somewhere to eat.

Aura had opened her mouth as Nefi had left the room, ready to say something more but deciding against it. It was better just to accept this end than to try and keep something she would probably fail at going. She chanced a glance to the window and saw snow falling even harder than it had before. She then looked to the bed, the sheets seeming to look ten times warmer than they had minutes earlier. She grabbed a book off of her nightstand, Shakespeare's 'Hamlet' coincidentally, and curled underneath the covers and started to read.

Nefi was currently stuffing her face with food. Her being an angel had its perks, but they also had to eat a whole bunch. After Nefi had a full six plates of food. Several little kids were looking at her weird, and whispering to one another. Nefi of course heard it all, due to her heightened senses, and they weren't exactly nice, but she disregarded them. Shrugging, Nefi walked out of the room, up to her new bedroom, with new roomate to catch some Z's. When she entered, she rolled her eyes at the girls book that she was reading. "Hamlet, typical."

Aura tensed as the door opened, expecting one of the kids to come in and pounce on her bed as they seemed so found of doing. She sent a small glare in the direction of the door, the traces of displeasure on her face becoming a lot more defined once she saw who was actually entering the room. Having a roommate was going to take some getting used to. "I don't know what that's supposed to mean." She mumbled, practically inaudible. So what, she read Hamlet. What was the problem? Once the threat of being jumped on was addressed she turned back to her book and continued reading, trying to pretend that it was 24 hours ago when her roommate was nonexistent.

Nefi easily caught the comment, and laughed. "What's it supposed to mean? I don't know, you tell me, to be, or not to be." Nefi then walked over and plopped on her bed. If only Levi was here, he would know what to do, not only that, but she wouldn't be this...bored. Nefi lowered herself to her pillow, gazing at the ceiling, she couldn't wait to go back home. This was going to be too long. Nefi looked over at her roommate. Wonderful, this is all just wonderful. Maybe if Levi would just find out already! She hoped he did then she wouldn't be so down. Nefi felt her eyes get heavy, maybe a nap wouldn't be so bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back