• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Meiharou x Iceblade227

Kraftysloth

The man in the matrix
Supporter
Kaisuke woke up to the birds chirping as he left his window open the night before trying to keep it cool on the hot summer nights. He was happy to notice the breezy room he had now with a nice cool temperature to it; He closed the window and got out of bed staring into the mirror as he was still in pajama pants without a shirt. It was Saturday so he did not need to be anywhere in particular and probably was going to stop at the cafe and relax for a bit. Kaisuke lived by himself as his parents sent him here to teach him independence and had the money to buy a small abode for him to live in. He exited his small room consisting of a desk, a bed and a dresser and entered the bathroom looking in the mirror at his sleepy face before turning on the shower and undressing. He stepped into the shower beginning to wash himself and he sighed a little "Another day of nothing interesting I guess." When he got out the shower he returned to his room painted a dark blue color and pulled a pair of black jeans as well as a red T-shirt out of his drawers getting dressed. He would get something to eat and drink at the cafe with the money he had earned from his paycheck or what was left after rent anyway; He exited the house and locked the door.

When he arrived at the cafe he smiled at the friendly girl at the counter as she grabbed her notepad and pen walking over. She cleared her throat and spoke "Good morning Kaisuke what can I get you today?" He smiled kindly as he thought she was pretty cute; She had dark brown hair that went to her shoulders and she was decently tall for someone being only seventeen and working at a cafe. Kaisuke spoke shyly "Uhm I'll have a coffee with two sugars and some milk please." He was going to order something else but decided he was not hungry and watched the girl stroll off to get him his coffee with milk added. When she came back he smiled at her and sipped the amazing coffee complimenting her out loud as well "Wow you make good coffee thank you very much!" She blushed as she went to help other customers in the shop at the time.

Where am I..?

A girl laid in a hospital bed. She opened her previously shut eyes, rubbing them gently. It was as if she'd been asleep for so long... Was she in the hospital? She looked at her hands. What were these marks? Red and black, and blistering, and bleeding. They obscured her whole body. Surely they would have been agonizing - but she could not feel the pain. It was like she was numb. The dark haired girl sat up. People walked past her. "Miss?" she called out to a nurse, who held some papers in her hand. But she wlaked right past her. Could she not hear her? The girl looked at some papers beside her bed. Lin Huang, 17 years old. Yes, that was her. It had a picture of her beside it.

Cause of death - house fire. Died in hospital on Wednesday 14th at 15:36. 

Lin blinked. Dead? Surely, that was not her. Surely. She called out frantically to the people around her. Doctors, nurses - familiar people. Teachers, family..? Where were her parents? Lin felt herself stand up. But she felt light, as if floating slightly. "Aunty?" she said to a tall woman crying beside her bed. Lin reached out to touch her, but flinched with horror as her hands went through the woman's body. What..?! Was she... No, was she really... dead? Lin couldn't believe it. No, she could. That's right - a candle fell down from her bedside table. Everything went up in flames. But then... Why was she still here, a day after her death? Why wasn't she in Heaven? Where was her family? As Lin felt herself drown in questions, she looked at her body. What used to be burned and ugly morphed into porcelain perfect skin, as if her body was healing itself. In a matter of seconds, she looked normal, besides the fact she seemed a bit paler and ghastlier than before. Lin felt like crying. But she could not find the tears to. Instead, she simply felt her body fade away from the scene, until it was no more. Her eyes shut. 

She woke up in a small alley way by the town. She looked at herself. Still.. Still a ghost. She gulped as she realized that. A ghost. But why? Legend says that a soul can only leave the Earth once it is satisfied and has no grudges or unfulfilled wishes. She didn't have any grudges. Unfulfilled wishes? Lin didn't know what that could mean. She had the perfect life. Her thoughts were interrupted by the smell of coffee wafting out of the coffee shop beside her. Lin looked inside, at people smiling and chatting. She felt gloomy. But then... She spotted him.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kaisuke relaxed sipping his coffee; When he was finished he called the girl over again "This is for the coffee and here is the tip for such lovely service." He handed her fifteen dollars and stood up turning around and going to the door. She called out "Uhm Kaisuke here." He turned and took the paper in her hand which had her number and name on it. He blushed slightly "Oh uhm th-thanks." He clutched it tightly and put it in his pocket letting her retreat behind the counter with a red face as if she had burned it on a pot of coffee. The cool air made his face less red and he continued forward with his day happier than before as she seemed really nice. 

His next stop was the grocery store where his friend worked and helped him pay for stuff when money was rough. "Kaisuke!" Said a familiar voice from behind the counter "Hey sai how are you feeling man?" Kaisuke said whilst smiling "Oh I'm good better actually I already got all the stuff that you usually come in and purchase and don't worry about buying it man I got you this time as long as you promise to cook more for me and my girlfriend!" Kaisuke laughed at his friend and took the bag preparing to exit but before he did spoke loudly "Thank you man and I will make you the best food that will simply melt your tastebuds with flavor. Kaisuke walked out the store feeling like he was being followed but shook it off figuring it was nothing and headed home to make something for lunch as he sat at the cafe for a bit and it was now 12:45 in the afternoon.

When he got home he set everything down and began putting it all away feeling that feeling again like he was being watched and spun around to search his house for anything as he began to get paranoid.

Lin felt herself melt, smiling for the first time. Ah, Kaisuke. He looked so handsome, and kind. But then she came to a grave realization. If she was dead, how to could she speak to him now? He wouldn't be able to see or hear her, right? Like everyone else.. Lin could cry. She watched as he and the girl working at the cafe spoke. Was that her phone number..? Lin felt her hands clench - not with rage, but more... Miserable, because she knew she couldn't do anything. If only she hadn't been so afraid to talk to him. And now she couldn't, could she?

As he walked out of the store, Lin decided she'd just go walk back down the street. Sit down. Try and figure this out. But she felt herself following him. It was like a magnetic force - and she could probably fight it, but she felt like she was meant to be following him. So she did. Hiding behind corners, following silently, she watched as he entered a grocery store. He didn't seem to notice her. She sighed. She watched him head to his house. It's not like Lin had a home to return to - just ashes. So she followed the boy to his house as well. She watched him enter, and floated through the walls. This whole floating through walls things could actually be kind of cool, if it wasn't for a large amount of sadness and annoyance overwhelming her. 

She found his bedroom. A small room, but neat looking and humble. Lin looked around, curiously. He couldn't see her, right? So this wouldn't matter. Lin found an old photo album. She felt a pang of nostalgia, as she sat down on his floor and looked through it.

Kaisuke heard pages turning as if someone had gotten a hold of a book and began reading it but it was way too close to be outside or anywhere else. Once he came to that realization he froze as he pin pointed the sound to be in his room behind a closed door; His fear made it foggy as to whether he closed his bedroom door or the person in there did and thinking about a thief in his house made him terrified to go see what it was but for some reason it was as if the person behind the door was pulling him in like a magnet. He trembled as he opened his door quickly and let out a yell of surprise at the small girl now occupying his floor "Wh-Who are you and what do you want with me!?" He screamed in fear and confusion as he watched the girl turn the pages. There was something familiar about her but he could not pin point it; He backed up but tripped over his own feet and stared at her wanting an answer and not feeling like running even though there was a stranger in his house which was rather weird to him.

Lin looked through the book. At the back there was an old class photo. It must have been from at least eight years ago. Lin noticed Kaisuke in the picture. She was there too, amidst a bunch of other girls, but they all looked the same - somewhat pretty, neat, rich and smiling. She looked at the picture, and sighed silently, before flicking the page over to look at other photos. But before she could focus on the next one she heard the door swing open followed by a yell of shock. Lin gasped quietly and looked up, to see Kaisuke looking at her.Surely he wasn't seeing her, right? Because she was a ghost..! But... He seemed to be addressing her..! Just get out of here, Lin.. she thought to herself frantically as she stood up and tried to get out. But she tripped, and ended up falling onto the wardrobe. No, not onto the wardrobe - into the wardrobe, as she floated through the door and landed in the clothes. 

Kaisuke stood in disbelief at what just happened but noticed the open album book staring at the class photo of him next to his best friend Lin. He did not have time to think about her with a robber in his house but how did she go through his wardrobe; He was beginning to lose his grip as he witnessed somebody go through solid wood. He stood up and slowly walked to the wardrobe opening it and seeing her in his clothes. "Please just take whatever you want and leave!" He was thrown into shock when he removed the clothes off the girls face and ran to the old photo album staring at the happy girl over Kaisuke with his mouth open in awe. "N-no it can't be you...you are my dear friend Lin why drop by so suddenly without a word I'm so confused how did you go through my wardrobe?"

Lin looked up at Kaisuke. He seemed so shocked. He had plenty of reason to be. For one, she had basically intruded into his home. And then she went and completely went through a solid wooden door. She didn't say anything, just closed her eyes and hoped this would all be a bad dream and she'd wake up soon. As she felt a t shirt get pulled off her face, she opened her eyes slightly, to see him staring at her. She sighed and stood up, stepping out of the wardrobe. If one looked closely, they could say her feet weren't even touching the ground.

She smiled weakly, but didn't look at him. "I'm glad you remember me," she said. "But I don't know how... How you can see me." She looked at her own hands, and then reached out to touch a book, only to see her fingers disappear through it. She was a ghost, invisible. How did he know she was here? Lin felt a pang in her heart. Did he not know, about her death? It was recent, but... Lin wished Kaisuke knew. They had been friends for so long. "I'm dead," she said quietly. There was no other way to say it, and she couldn't find a way to sugar coat it. 

Kaisuke felt like his heart stopped momentarily when the words dead left her mouth and now upon closer inspection she did seem paler than normal. He looked down at his own hands and up at her; He was no longer hungry and instead went to go sit on his bed slouching very weakly at his dead friend "I-I'm sorry I..." He choked on his own words and was silenced by his own rapidly pacing thoughts moving around very fast in his head. He couldn't think and it hurt so much to try and think that she was lying. After a few long minutes of silence he spoke quietly with his hair dangling down as he looked at the floor "If you're dead why are you here with me and not free to go wherever and put your soul to rest?" He turned to look at her which took all the courage he could muster as he couldn't stand to look at someone he cared so much about yet never knew that she had died in the first place and that left him torn.

Lin tried not to cry, feeling hot tears well in the corners of her eyes. She wished he had known, but she could feel his guilt, and that felt like dying a second time. "I... don't know why," she mumbled quietly. She picked up the photo album and returned it back to it's shelf. She looked at Kaisuke, floating closer to him. Now she realised she could float a bit off the ground. She looked at him in the eyes. Her own eyes were somewhat dull - literally dead on the inside - but still had some life to them. "Kaisuke, isn't it that a soul cannot rest until it is satisfied? Until its wishes are fulfilled, or grudges are released," she said quietly. She wasn't sure what else to say. 'I'm sorry', 'are you okay?', 'I love you'. She couldn't find the courage to say any of those things.

Kaisuke looked solemnly into those eyes with his watery eyes and tried to speak barely making any audible sentence "Do....hate me?" Thinking about her hating him felt like he was burning up like his world was just engulfed by flame and the pain was worse than any physical pain and burned at his heart not his skin. A tear would fall from his cheek and soon after a few more even now he hated himself for not being strong enough to handle this and he clenched his fists to represent that. "I'm so....sorry Lin so very sorry." He put his hand out intent to touch her and stopped realizing that if his hand went through it would only serve to sadden him more over his lost friend and one who he loved a lot. At this point he could not say much of anything and just sat in silence deciding to leave the talking to a dead girl when the dead are not even supposed to speak let alone look at photo albums in his house.

Lin felt a tear run down hear face. She didn't even know how ghosts were capable of crying, but they were. She smiled very weakly - a sad smile. She reached out in an effort to wile away his tear, only to feel her finger slip through him. She stopped, feeling miserable. "Of... of course I don't. You didn't know, and I haven't spoken to you since.." Lin said, trailing off. She sniffed. "I... I guess it must be so much to handle. I just want to be free now, but... something is keeping me here," she said, looking away, because she knew if she had to look into his eyes she wouldn't be able to stop crying.

Kaisuke felt like death had come for him as well and it hurt so much to feel this way. He reached for her and even though he could not touch her he placed his hand on hers well the best he could do with a ghost girl. He spoke quietly and wiped away the excess tears as he was no longer crying "I will help you do whatever you want, we can go shopping have coffee together whatever you want I'm all yours!" He said this whilst still looking down but there was a wave of courage and responsibility in his voice when he spoke again "Obviously your unfinished business has something to do with me and I want to make sure you put your soul to rest and feel happy I do not want to extend your torment any longer!" He was talking loudly but not screaming at her he was trying to give her hope of reaching where she wanted to go and to him this was his way of apologizing for not knowing about her untimely death.

Lin looked at their hands. She smiled weakly. The way he spoke like that - loudly and with some of hope and kindness - made her lifeless heart melt. He was good at that, ever since they met when they were younger. Lin rubbed her eyes. "I... Thank you... So much,"

she uttered softly. "I'm sorry, about all of this."

She realised that he was probably right. Lin believed that her soul must still have that one wish - to truly feel love with Kaisuke, to know it was truly returned. Only then could her soul be happy. Lin gently floated back, allowing a little more distance between the two. "You're still so nice, Kaisuke," she said, even trying to laugh a little. Anything to make the heart breaking situation less harder for her to go through.

Kaisuke spoke to keep himself strong because being there with her ghost hurt him to no end and when she was gone and her soul free he would hurt more but he tried not to worry about that. He thought about what they did as kids and smiled laying down on his bed leaving a space for her even though she could not really sit down on his bed. "Uhm lets start by talking we haven't talked in awhile I would love to hear what you did with your life since I saw you so long ago." He tried not to bring up the fact she was dead as it would only serve to make him and her teary eyed and crying again. He sniffled slightly and wiped his puffy red eyes trying to look as if she had just come over for a visit.

Lin wiped away the last of her tears from her eyes. She smiled a little. "Really? Okay," she said. She went to sit on his bed, but remembered she couldn't, so instead just crossed her legs and floated slightly above the blankets. "I... I've done a lot of stuff," she said. "I've made a lot of friends now, too," she said. She tried not to picture their faces reacting to what had happened to their friend. "Maybe we can talk about you? Kaisuke," she said. She looked around the room, glancing at an old picture hanging on the wall of the boy. "Is that little you? Haha," she said, smiling happily for the first time.

Kaisuke smiled and snickered slightly "Yeah that was me the year before I met you actually, I stopped wearing that ugly red sweater because of you I thought I looked stupid in it and wanted to impress you even as a young boy I still had some fashion sense and a red fuzzy sweater was not in style that year or any year at that point." He laughed again and it felt so good to finally laugh after such a depressing point of time in which they were staring at each other with a lack of words. He took a different photo album out and it was titled me and my best friend with a heart written on it drawn by none other than the ghostly figure floating above his bed in an attempt to look like she was sitting. He flipped to a random page and laughed as the picture he flipped to was them covered in cake at his birthday party when Lin decided to stuff his face in the cake and he threw cake back."The adults laughed at us and didn't mind that we made a mess as long as we at least helped to clean it remember that party Lin?" Deep inside it burned his throat to say her name as he knew this wouldn't last forever even though he wished it would.

Lin giggled a little. "Aw, I think it looks kind of cute. I wish I could have had you wear it for me," she said with a little smile. The fact that he wanted to impress her when they were younger made her heart feel all warm. It was nice to finally talk to Kaisuke - even if she had to be dead to do so. 

Lin looked at the photos. Something in her grey, vacant eyes glistened with joy. She felt a warm fuzzy feeling of nostalgia as she looked at the photo of two young children with cake all over them. "I remember that," she said with a smile. She looked at another photo. There was one taken in her house, where the two cuddled up to a small puppy. "Hana!" Lin said, recognising the dog. A pang of sadness pierced through her. Hana would have died in that fire too... She quickly flipped the page over. So many memories.

"Kaisuke, I thought you might have forgotten my name by now," she said sadly, but smiled. "But you didn't, and I am so happy."

Kaisuke sat there on the bed and laughed at her "Such a cute puppy and I could never forget your name you were with me when nobody else was even if you weren't with me you always made the choices with me." He stood up putting the photo album away and looked at her sitting on his bed happily as she looked beautiful despite the fact she was dead. He opened his mouth and was going to say something but stopped and looked into her eyes "So uh-uhm what's next on our agenda what would you like to do I don't mind whatever we do because I'm finally back with my best friend and that makes me happy."

Lin smiled, nearly bringing herself to tears again. She wanted to hug Kaisuke, but she knew that would only sadden the situation if she tried. Lin looked into her friend's eyes. He was so sweet, even to this day. Lin could feel her dead heart melt a little with love. If only she had been braver - they could have been like this when she was still able to hold him.

Lin nodded, distracted from her thoughts. "Y-Yes, that sounds good," she said with a smile. "I.. I wanted to visit the school one more time," she admitted, fiddling with pale hands. "I.. I'm happy too," she added afterwards.

Kaisuke smiled back, standing up and stretching. He wanted to hug her but knew he could not and with that realization it burned him but he kept a smile on to make sure she stayed happy. Kaisuke wrinkled his nose to try and be funny and said "Ewww why would you want to go back to school." He laughed waving off his joke "No that would certainly be fine if we saw the school I would like to do anything to help you find peace." He gave a comfortable sigh and opened the bed room door "Let me put the groceries away and we can go right away!" He stood in the kitchen putting stuff away in it's respective places humming a tune since today had to be the happiest and saddest day of his life but he tried not to worry about the sadness and focus on Lin today as he wanted her to rest happily knowing he was safe and content with his new life.

Lin nodded, smiling. She wore an excited expression, identical to the ones she usually had when she was alive. So bright and cheery. She floated off the bed, heading out of the room. The ghost girl floated around in the living room. She looked at a mirror. Where she would usually see herself, was a blank empty space. She quickly turned around, not wanting to become upset. Instead, Lin occupied herself with waiting at the door for Kaisuke.

// Sorry about the shorter post ^^

Kaisuke smiled at her when he was done "Okay lets go!" He grabbed his coat just in case it was going to be windy in the evening and he breathed in the fresh air which felt cool on his hot face from all the sadness. He walked with her happily turning over every so often to see her floating next to him like one of the familiars he read about in fantasy books. To see her with him when they are older was awesome to him and it made him feel happy. Even though he could not touch her he put his hand where her hand should have made contact but he kept his hand through her hand in an attempt to make it seem like they were holding hands or making contact at all.

// Sorry for my short post ^_^  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back