• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Medieval Fantasy

Magick

Ser Pounce-A-Lot
Hi, I'm Magick, and it's 1:20am where I'm at and I've decided that I really want a third roleplay partner. I legitimately couldn't ask for better partners than the two I currently have, but I do want one more. Please bear with me and read what I've taken the time to write, because I guarantee it's super important, because it may mean you won't want to roleplay with me. That's okay. Honestly, if you decide you want to roleplay with me, maybe re-cap on what we see eye to eye on? So I (shamelessly) know you read what I had to say, and maybe save each other from wasting time if we differ too much.

That made me sound like a butt, but, I swear I'll get to that in just a few, short paragraphs. Cutting to the chase:

I only roleplay medieval fantasy over PM here on RpN, because it's just super easy to manage. Maybe one day I'll broaden up my genres again... for now, swords and magic.

I'll openly tell you now, I don't do character sheets. My style is paragraph introductions, where my characters' personalities are (hopefully) shown and not told, and things about them are revealed as they go. I absolutely crave and love the "book" feel that some roleplays can have, you know? Where it all develops? I like long replies now and again, but a few paragraphs usually keeps it moving. Not afraid to send you a small novel though. xD

That brings me to characters. I double, I triple, I quadruple... Obviously over time--but if you don't play anything other than female, please click away. I'm cool with romance, you know, as it develops, and I actually prefer male characters most days... But I'm all about my partners doubling with me. It makes for so much more interesting character friendships/relationships/rivalries... I'm honestly just a big ol' pile of salt about this. Biggest. Peeve. Ever.

My thoughts on plot... I like to let our characters' backgrounds and issues direct the plot. Maybe have an overarching issue, an inciting incident? But I like to let things develop, build on top of one another, strike up an adventure.

Though it may not seem like it, I'm actually super friendly, and I do like to chit chat in OOC or in a separate PM. I promise I'm not really as uptight as this may make me seem. I've just been roleplaying since I was ten or eleven, and I'm twenty-two now... needless to say, I've just had time to harbor some peeves. xD And I've had a lot of failed roleplays.

The key word that this all boils down to is "development." I don't want five replies in, and suddenly someone's best friends with another, or in love--unless they drank some whack potion. Which I'm down with. Maybe that happens? I don't know. But, I hope this post clarifies a bit about me as a writer/roleplayer. I'm (usually) really anal about literate typing, as accurate of grammar as can be managed, and so on... But I'm not a jerk. If I try to reply from my phone, be prepared, it will look terrible. xD So... with all that in mind, comment or message? If you decide not to, thanks for taking the time either way!

Hello Magick Magick , your post is exciting to me because we seem to jive in more than a few ways. I am twenty-four and am comfortable playing whichever gender I feel would be best in any given situation. I’ve been writing for two decades and have been looking for a new partner to write with as my close friends are all very busy and I am… not.

I have been writing a medieval fantasy roleplay with my partner for almost two years and am no stranger to this genre, another roleplay such as this would be a gift in my eyes. Personally I like to do character sheets but they’re never my first post and I almost never share them. I am a very organized individual who puts a lot of effort into making sure what my character has and does make sense as I don’t like to deviate too much from what I think they’d realistically accomplish or do.

My favourite thing in roleplays is to have lots of characters and I will do my best to keep track of them and memorize their natures, I tend to play one or two at once for the most part but have no problem with acting through dozens over time.(NPC's are no problem and I will do my best to play them as we see fit)

Having my character’s flaw or problem afflict the story is definitely fun and I do love myself some overarching plot ;D

I am also super friendly, though I’ve just signed up for this site and am currently unable to send private messages so… if any of this sounds enticing (I oh so hope it does) please send me a message!

Hi :D
I've been meaning to roleplay medieval fantasy for a while now, and I've done it with a friend but it ended quicker than I wanted to. Sad life. Honestly, I thought it'd be boring and stupid, but it got very interesting after a while. And I've managed to get very (bold and italics are necessary) attached with the oc I used in the roleplay. And now I'm searching for a way to use the character again. Besides writing about him and stuff like that.
Needless to say, I like your style.
Especially your thoughts on character sheets. I feel the exact same way. I like seeing my character develop as the roleplay goes on as it "gives the book feeling" (Thank you for summing up my feelings with a single phrase).
OH, AND YES. DOUBLING CHARACTERS ARE THE BEST. CAPS WERE NECESSARY.
And also, the development thing is also a huge pet peeve of mine. I hate it when two characters meet and after, like, two days, they start smooching on a couch. Seriously. Where's the d-e-v-e-l-o-p-m-e-n-t.
I'd like to rp with you. But, I've also just signed up so if you send me a PM instead of vice versa, I'd appreciate it.
Thanks!

ALSO, I forgot to mention this, but my character (s) swear. Depending on their personalities, they can either curse every now (some of them don't swear at all but yknow) or spit a variety of colorful phrases that need more than soap to wash out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back