• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Medieval Fantasy Civil War

Demense

To Be A Queen

Elegantly composed, in a billowing ballgown as wide as it is long, without a furrow to her brow or a crinkle to her lips to indicate anything but serene confidence. A brilliant tactical mind, a startlingly daring political adversary. Beloved by the people, respected by the nobility. And, quite unfortunately, never going to be Queen. Camilla was once Princess-Regent to the throne, and Queen in all but name. The eldest child of four, and the one most endeared to her mother, she was destined to take the throne in full one day. She was raised as the perfect queen-to-be, and that she was. The role suited her perfectly, leaving court sweetly complacent. Her siblings were left to follow their own whims. Her brothers would get handsome military appointments, and her sister would do her duty by marrying off when she was called to. Until such a time, the world was content to lavish in the glow of their Princess Camilla, and her siblings were free to live their own lives.

And in one horrible, awful day, the palace became a zoo and five horrible, awful screams were heard. The first scream was heard at the crack of dawn. A crazed man, so it was said, had broken into the kitchens. Chef Nan was all atwitter, flapping her arms about and squawking like some horrible bird. Her nose had never looked beakier. The second scream was more of a squeal, really, about two hours later. Apparently, Nan was half right. He had made his way to the Queen's chambers and the maid, Nana, not to be confused with Chef Nan, walked in on the man and the Queen in, well, a rather compromising position. All pink and pudgy, Nana dropped her linens and scurried squealing out in a very piggy fashion. The third scream was more of a roaring bellow in truth, with lots of stamping and throwing of drinks. That was the king when he found out fifteen minutes after Nana screeched it at, well, everyone with eardrums really. All the foot stomping that followed sounded like one of those African elephants, and an irate one at that. The fourth was really more of a mewling whimper, really, when Camilla was forced to admit the truth she had always known: she and her brother were illegitimate. Like a kicked puppy, she cried out, her composure finally broken. And the fifth, the worst, was the bloodcurdling wolf howl of a fit Evangeline threw when she found out she was now heir apparent.

The affair had been going on for years and began before they were even married. Camilla and Geoffrey were almost certainly his. Erik was wholly debatable, and debate they did. Unfortunately, he was the spitting image of his mother, so neither man could really say. But Evangeline, the queen was adamant, was legitimate. She'd had a spat with her lover and conceiving a child with the king was her revenge. The court was thrown. Evangeline was a rash spitfire, with a wrinkled dress and penchant for trouble like her father. She was all of 17, wild and untamed. And she had to run a country.

This will run similarly to the nation building RPs, but instead of playing different nations, we'd play different factions and/or siblings in the civil war that will erupt following this. It will be largely free-form with many paths to victory. Assassination, votes of no confidence, all-out war, personal manipulation, and just about everything is fair game. Switching sides is not only allowed, but encouraged. There will be a clear victor at the end of all this, and due to the turbulent nature of politics, even a commoner could potentially rise to the throne in this tale. I am looking for 6 factions minimum to keep things interesting. I will also, as GM, be releasing random events periodically that will directly impact events. I myself planned to play Evangeline, but everyone else is open.

I've been role playing for a while but haven't gotten around to ever joining a nation building rp. But I find this pretty interesting and would definitely love the give it a go.

I find the idea of a medieval family (or several factions) fighting over the throne, and the rightful heir to be really pleasing for some reason..

apart from that, how many people are we gonna need to kick off this roleplay?

My character could start out as one of the basic Infantry people, possibly getting noticed at some point?

I would like to be the leader of a Rebellion, against a secret society within the Empire. I would win, but lose almost all of my supporters, leaving my group stuck as the smallest Military Organization within the Empire.

I'm interested! :) totally up for playing a faction within a civil war. What world/tech level are we looking at? Realistic, fantasy?

I'd like to be in this. Medieval intrigue is always my thing. I have several character ideas in mind, if I can have several.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back