• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Medieval fantasy adventure

Tempered

Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
= Medieval fantasy adventure
Tempered
v1.2, 2024-03-21

This is a request thread for several different plot ideas. The uniform theme is adventure in medieval fantasy (low fantasy, high-, or dark-). The setting is fluid except for the core idea. There are no original characters prepared. I hope to invent characters and develop the setting for this roleplay in collaboration.

I will present example writing on demand. I am open to other suggestions that fit the theme.

Short list of plot hooks.

1. Dragon hunt.
2. Search for a holy relic.

== 1 (Dragon hunt)

=== 1.1

A peaceful medieval kingdom. Everything operated as normal, until remote villages and outposts went silent. After some hesitation, a combat unit is assembled to investigate. Our characters are members of this unit, either formally or by accident.

Eventually, it is discovered that a horrible supernatural enemy invaded the kingdom. Those are dragons, who are more like demons from another world. These dragons destroy property, devour livestock and enslave populaces. The heroes must discover the dragon's origin, learn their weaknesses, beat the enemy back and restore peace. The heroes' purpose is to travel the kingdom, and slay proud and selfish demoniac dragons one by one.

=== 1.2

I want to apply a specific theme to the dragons, that is more in line with how they were portrayed in the original mythos.

Every dragon is a unique creature. They are not part of a wider species. Each individual is a mutant, who possesses abilities and traits that are unique to that individual. The abilities may include, and are not limited to, any combination of chimeric bodies, flight, toxic saliva, fire breath, necromancy. Anything that we as authors think is interesting for a particular encounter.

The dragons do not have families or other sympathetic traits. They are not beautiful or majestic, or even natural to the world.

The dragons' only mode of operation is the survival of the fittest. The dragons that so easily enslaved humans in this world, are merely the weaker ones. They are scattered refugees, who flee from the oppression of their much more horrific monstrous overlords, from their alien place of origin.

I want to put great emphasis on how dangerous and varied the enemy is.

=== 1.3

I am looking for a fantasy adventure. Here are some of the problems that our characters may face.

- kingdom nobility do not believe in the reality of the threat and refuse to send the necessary help;
- the dragons encroach gradually; heroes should act quick to capitalize on the opportunity, before even stronger dragons appeared in the world;
- ecological catastrophes brought by the usage of the dragon's supernatural power;
- humans try to gain from the appearance of the dragons, striking deals with the lesser ones to gain advantage over other humans;
- some dragons may be too powerful to overcome, and will require bargaining with, but are still ultimately a horrific enemy; painful tributes may be necessary;

The focus of the story is still character development, motivation, and implications. Combat is secondary.

=== 1.4

TL;DR

Dragon hunt, where instead of whimsy, there is desperate fight for survival.

== 2 (Search for a holy relic)

=== 2.1

War raged for decades. After much sacrifice, the demoniac emperor was overthrown and their monstrous vassals scattered. Now the world is at peace. It is time of healing and restoration.

An adventurer is sent out to recover a holy relic, that is rumored to possess mystical healing power. It was lost in an especially dire battle during the war, and may still be found at the battle site. Unfortunately, the details and the exact location were thoroughly lost and forgotten. The adventurer are directed towards the only lead there is, an old veteran who took part in that same battle.

=== 2.2

I am looking for someone to play the adventurer. I myself will play the old veteran.

The adventurer may have any motivation. Desire for monetary reward, the need to heal a relative using the holy relic's power, wish restore corrupted land, etc.

The motivation for the old veteran, my character, is redemption. Yes, he did took part in the battle where the relic was lost. But he was on the side of evil. This is the secret that should be the source of most drama in the story, I imagine.

=== 2.3

The main characters, after some deliberation, go on an adventure to find the relic, using the old veteran's fuzzy memory. On their journey, they encounter people scarred by war, who either need help or pacification.

I have only some vague ideas and notes as to whom possible enemies might be. Will require more work.

=== 2.4

TL;DR

A quest for a holy grail, in the company of a remorseful sinner, across the land bitter with loss.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back