• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Medieval Europe

Sorry, I thought this was made as a Realistic RP in medieval Europe. Perhaps you meant to label it Fantasy RP in a medieval-esque setting?

Oh, No, it's realistic. There were mages and witches back in the medieval time. Magic was real back then.

@Bardiel

Are you referring to the Middle Ages (approximately 5th-15th centuries), prior to the emergence of the Renaissance, within our (real) timeline?

All of it, any of it that has to deal with the Medieval times, knights, kings, queens, mages, witches, witchdoctors, etc. All of it.

You are suggesting that in real world history, that magic use was/is real? If it is a fantasy setting based around the Middle Ages, that can be fun. There are plenty of sources you can draw on for world building.

Ever heard of the Wiccan religion? Magic users practiced that religion for years.

I am, along with other forms of Paganism. Does that mean alchemy and theurgy function as well, with empirical results? Including belief systems would be an important part of such a setting.

Did they have that stuff back in the medieval times? I believe so. So yes.

It seems to be that you are stating that practices of several belief systems produced empirical evidence of their mystical workings. This is not the case. Your personal beliefs are your own, but their is no demonstrable knowledge of mystical workings having real results. If you want to include magic in your roleplay setting, by all means do. I really enjoy Mage: the Awakening for instance, which explores the wisdom within many difference practices and the dangers of hubris. That being said though, one should not state it is historical fact.

Chiming in to say confirm magic isn't and wasn't real, though you could have some fun scenes with alchemists discovering chemical reactions mistaken for magic.

Also Wicca emerged in the 20th century.

Unless the point of this is seeing what the Medieval period would have been like with real magic, which is an interesting proposition.

I mean, you didn't imply any sort of location or plot, and there was a lot going on during that period to anchor an RP in.

EDIT: @Bardiel I just looked at the RP itself. Let it go, man.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back