• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Medea (Detailed RP)

Mitheral

"Growf!"
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
A group of American kids (age 15-17) from different schools (types and locations) who have gotten into the sort of trouble that threatens them with expulsion - are brought together on a cross country horseback journey in which their guides are supposed to teach them survival skills and help them get back to nature.

However, on the third night their guides vanish and the group finds themselves in a strange new world - with more than one moon. (There are 5.) The kids must begin working together if they want to stand a chance of survival in a strange land filled with hostiles races and creatures.

I had thought of several ways of this one starting. One was a yacht out of Australia blown about and upon its return the kiddies find themselves captives of a race of felines. The problem was that that idea would have meant either the yacht survived so they could leave - or being stuck there. And if they were dependent on a yacht, they would hug shorelines and never really adventure.

Plus, I thought that mixing some brats from boarding schools, with private schools, with public schools - both country and inner city ... would create a bit of dysss - function -- ality. I sort of figure that sort of problem will vanish when they start getting hunted by a band of 120 orcs on wargs.

One of the things that the group will soon learn when they try to call 9-1-1 is that their cell phones have been recharging while turned off and nowhere to plug them in. (That will be their first hint that there is something magical in Medea.)

Medea | RpNation.com - Best Roleplay Forum

There is the link to the RP. The Overview is still a bit of a work in progress, but most of what the group will need to start is all there.

For those familiar with a very old rpg named Chivalry and Sorcery put out by a no longer existing company, I plan the magic to follow some of their rules. Basically magic is not a combat thing, but something more for scholars. Imagine needing several minutes to summon a fireball while being shot at .... Enchanted items like swords and armor are far more functional. Healing potions and holy water have their uses ... as does alchemy. Plus divination has very definite rules.

Creating an enchanted item means collecting and enchanting the correct materials until they have no resistance to enchantment and are receptive. If it is a focus, that means specific astrological material according to the individual's birth. (For magical blacksmithing, the hammer, anvil, forge and quench all have to be enchanted.)

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back