Mecha RP: Legend of M

.... that was all he could take, "Not if I don't first" he went over, took her arm over his shoulders and held onto her waist. "Stop being so stubborn and let us help you." He atleast held her this way to save her dignity rather then carry her. No, he was gonna use THAT if she resisted. "Let's move" he told the others as he walked Amelia down the path.

@Alaania Hellborg @Crimrose @Tierax

<[ Stadium ship - Halls ]>

"Ok... uh... this way?" Tim seemed confused but shook it off and lead the group.

As they made their way slowly towards the bridge they saw group after group of civillians huddled into corners, or sobbing where they sat on the floor. the chaos had subsided but the thick, acrid smoke that amelia had made lingered on the air,  Tim wasn't quite about how much he disliked it.

"What the hell is this crap? they've never used this before, must be the new boss's orders. He's crazier then the lady!" he spat out the last line as he threw himself aginst the bridge door, looking at the pthers with a satisfied grin.

< [ Iron Sands Festival - Race Track ] > 

Dyno didn't have to respond, as the turrets opened fire at the kaiju, bullets tore through their thick exoskeletons.

"About that much range." Dyno chuckled over the comms, which  seemed to clear up somewhat. Even the announcer came through over the onboard speakers, who couldn't stop gushing over the race.

"Go on kid, take the line, you saved... my ass.." Dyno's coughing cut him off, and he broke free of kleins grip, pushing his mech towards the finish.

"I'll cross it yet, every story needs a villain ain't it?"

Dyno stood upright, his mecha's damage was quite severe but it still walked at least.

"I'll see you at the podium."

@Raider867 @Alaania Hellborg @Crimrose @Foxora

Last edited by a moderator:
"What's what stuff? This smoke in the air or...?" Ivis assumed Tim was referencing to the smoke, but the civilians around were also a possibility. They were... Crying for what reason? Perhaps they knew what was going on too... Well, it would be obvious. Either way, it was better than panic. Panic led to more difficulty, and would increase the time it took to arrive at the bridge. 

"Come to think of it... Aren't we being a bit too nonchalant? We've got no idea what's behind that door, and I doubt it was part of your pay-grade either." She figured that a grunt like Tim wouldn't know much about the bridge itself, considering the only times she'd guess he'd be there were during some sort of gang-wide meetings. With an annoyed sigh, Ivis only tagged along at the back of the group, seeing that a rear guard might be necessary. Perhaps Tim didn't realize what kind of situation they were in, one which his own kind was in the most danger.

@Foxora

@Tierax

@Alaania Hellborg

Amelia seemed like she was about to growl but sighed in defeat. " alright, alright... i'm starting to wonder if you have a crush on me " she says jokingly, either she was spot on and would notice now, or he would laugh and it would lower the tension in the air. she really hoped it was the second she didn't want to hurt his feeling, right now she was in no condition to think of having a relationship. 

" so who is that new boss " she says using the fact he didn't know it was her doing. " do you have a name... and who is that woman the one in army pants and tanktop " she add curious as to know who was the woman that had tried to get the ship. 

" oh and btw we are not going back to the ship after this, we need to lay low for a while. i'll call the captain and explain the situation to her. " she whisper to fox. 

@Tierax@Foxora@Crimrose

"Thanks Dyno." He says as he jogs across the finish line. He smirks. "Make sure you don't fall down." He adds as he stops when he crosses the finish line.

@Tierax

As Dyno crosses the finish line behind Klein, fireworks streak upwards from both sides of the bridge. The floatilla above begins blaring music and the camera drones swarmed around the bridge, all trying to find the best angles.

The people inside the buildings begin pouring out into the streets at the end of the bridge, waving banners and throwing confetti.

Oddly enough some even came up with hastily made banners of wolves and cheered for him specifically.

"Go on kid, do your march to the centre of town, they're waiting on ya."

Dyno put his hand on Kleins shoulder, the two mecha's stood triumphant in the eyes of the people here, and their cheers were more then just a little moving.

@Raider867

Klein pats Dyno's shoulder. "Alright. I'll be seeing you." He says as he begins moving to walk to the town center, careful to avoid stepping on the crowd.

@Tierax

Making his way to the centre of town was a weird experience. After fighting for so long to be cheered like this, it would be forgiven if anybody let it get to their heads.

The music and laughter, the children all clamoring to the front of the crowds for a good look. It really felt like a festival now, it seemed like the whole island and then some was here!

As he reached the centre of town; a large, circular open air plaza paved with sandy-white tiles. Klein saw a podium set up in its middle, with room for three mechs, Dyno tapped him on the shoulder as he walked past and gave a knowing nod.

Stepping onto the second place platform he looked down at third, where the woman who glared at Klein on the track, and continued to do so, stood mechless.

Each still lifted their arms in victory and the crowd went wild, and parting to give klein a clear path to the first place stand cheered as if there wasn't a care in the world.

@Raider867

Klein moves to the first place stand and raised his arms in victory. He smiles. All his work wasn't for nothing. But part of him felt a bit ashamed for what he did on the battlefield.

@Tierax

<[ Maracibo - Iron Sands Festival - Plaza ]>

On the podium Kelin's guilt ate at him, but he wouldn't have time to really put any thought into it before the announcers own ship dropped to level with the podium, the instant the vehicle landed the viewing dome where he stood opened and he addressed the crowd with a cheerful disposition that seemed at odds with the events that transpired.

"ISN'T IT WONDERFUL?! *THE* newest contender has, for the first time in the history of this festival, Pulled off a miracle and come in first place! Poor Dyno, you tried so hard this year and still stuck in second, but lets hear it for him anyway, no one else manages to survive this consistently! And finally, in third place, having technically lost; but winning a fist fight with a kaiju anyway- and by popular vote- Cassandra J. Merryweather! pilot of the pile of scrap in the canyon!"

The crowd went absolutely crazy, fireworks, confetii, even the flat drone that was the ancient vuvuzelas filled the air.

"Now for the prizes!"

The announcer droned on but Klein was distracted, the mech he had raced for was being airlifted down, A variable mech, and clearly an older prototype too.

It's paint was lovingly detailed, a snow white body accentuated by light blue, green detailing stood out nicely as it's sillouette cast streamlined shadows that screamed agility.

While it's initial loadout was nothing special Klein knew at that first glance it had alot of potential, his mind already toying with ideas to tweak it.

The announcers voice lured Kleim from his thoughts, and for the first time he noticed on of the stadium ships had veered away from the pack, slowly crawling away from the others.

"Well 'White Wolf'? What do you think of Maracibo's taste in machines? tell the crowd!"

@Raider867

"It be pointless to bring such a thing up" Fox simply stated when she joked. "Any guy can tell from a mile away where your priorities lie right now. You're like an open book." when she stated about laying low. "I figured as much" he would then sigh "Hopefully I can find some way to contact that old guy about the gun somehow."

@Alaania Hellborg @Tierax @Crimrose

<[ Stadium Ship - Bridge ]>

"LET'S DO THIS!"
Tim screams, before smashing the door console.
It beeps in acknowledgment, sliding open with a hiss. There was barely enough time for Ivis, Amelia, or Fox to dive for cover.
Gunshots rang out, the noise drowned out only by Tim's screaming as he collapses to the floor, clutching his forearm while blood seeped through his fingers.

"HOLD FIRE!"
The voice was familiar to Amelia, It belonged to the woman that was hounding her.
"Stay where you are folks, or we kill everyone in here." Her voice was almost cheerful, but dripped with venom.

panicked murmuring could be heard in the room, But the voices sounded muffled. Another gun shot rang out, followed by a heavy thud and muffled screaming.
"I *TOLD* you not to move, after what that bitch did to me I'm in NO MOOD to play nice."

Tim groaned and dragged himself away from the door, though not deliberately, It was clear from the glassy look in his eyes he was in shock. Basically auto-piloting his way over to Ivis. He was whispering something over and over again, but he was too quiet and too far away for anyone to hear it. The people in the room didn't seem to care if he got away or not, letting him crawl away safely.

"Ok Amelia, I know you have the gang back together out there. It's Cute, really. But the way I see it is, surrender now for a quick death, or we crash this ship and you burn... slowly. I don't care about the rest, you made this personal."
as each person outside the bridge tried to take a peek in to see what they were up against, they were shot at before getting a good look. To make matters worse, they could hear footsteps further back behind them, more gang members to worry about?
Maybe not, the woman inside seemed in a losing position if all she could do was take over one room.

@Foxora @Alaania Hellborg @Crimrose 

"I am very impressed at what they chose for the prize. I know a lot about machines so all I can say without boring the crowd with technical details is that this machine has a lot of potential." Klein says through the speaker, his voice calm and happy as he speaks. 

@Tierax

" fox, do you have any weapon on you anything i could use. " he could see her focus slowly coming back to her. she was in danger and she was not gonna accept death right away. " please any of you got any weapon, all i got is my combat knife. " she says seriously passing a hand on her bandages. it was not apparent yet but she knew she had worsened her condition, she could feel her warm blood starting to soak the bandages.

" Give me a minute i got trouble getting up... i was already wounded when i came to see the race... you did a number on those injury... " she reply to the woman. 

Foxora could see in her eyes she had a plan it was probably a crazy one but she had a plan. whispering low enough for only fox and Ivis to hear. " Ivis i'll need your cooperation on this one.... i know how you got a targeting system, and i'll need you to be very precise.... i am trusting you on this one so please do not betray my trust... my life is in your hand. you will need to shoot her through me though or she will see you... just... take a spot where it won't be fatal for me ... and play along. " she says nodding to both of them. 

@Foxora@Tierax@Crimrose

"I got a knife, a hand gun, and 3 unused clips for it." Fox stated but once heard her plan his face immediately soured "No that's a bad idea" he whispered to the girls then pointed at Ivis "and I don't care how precise your targeting system is-" He then pointed at Amelia "I'm getting tired of  seeing you in bandages, and now you want more? No, we're doing this differently." He pulled out his hand gun. "Give me your knife, Amelia."

@Alaania Hellborg @Crimrose @Tierax

" fox, this is not up for debate, this woman is a killer, we have little to no choice in what we can do and she will expect me to do something, did you not hear her she is gonna kill anyone that pisses her off. " she says seriously. " we will have to lay low and i will be able to heal during that time, you have to trust me, i don't like this but if we don't do something soon we will crash " she says looking at fox with a serious face. 

not leaving him any chance to reply she pushes herself on her feet and stand in the doorway " get this ship on the ground and i am yours to do whatever you want " she says harshly to the woman. taking one step inside the doorway. " my deal is this, get this ship and it's people to safety and if you wish to kill me then you will be free to do so, just leave the civilian out of this. " she add, a trail of blood slowly falling over her left eye she knew they had to take care of this fast or they were all dead. 

( sorry fox this is how amelia is ... don't be angry at her ;P )

@Foxora@Tierax@Crimrose

<[ Stadium ship - Bridge ]>

As Amelia finished speaking it dawnwd on her that she wasn't speaking to people. Ahead, she saw five fully armed, and oddly dressed robotic humanoids. Though crudely built and obviously remote controlled it was apparent no one but bound and gagged civilians were in the room, above them on the main monitor the womans face cackled maniacally. her face had a deep chemical burn covering both eyes and reaching across her lips in a wild cresent shape.

"So noble! but the crash really isn't up for debate, I just wanted to see your pain when you realise you can't save everyone. If you haven't realised, I'm long gone."

A voice said something in the background, and Ivis perked up, it sounded familiar but she couldn't quite place it.

"And would you look at that, I just got given permission to end this. Nothing I could do to stop the rebellion from commiting this atricious act of terrorism. Goodbye Traitors, maybe in your next life you'll stay on the winning team." A twisted grin slowly and deliberately crawled across her scarred face.

As she said goodbye the robots turned to face Amelia, and raised their weapons. begind them all the consoles turned off, complete lockout.

"Ready... Aim..."

@Alaania Hellborg @Foxora @Crimrose

< [ Maracibo - Iron Sands Festival - Plaza ] > 

As Klein spoke the crowed cheered him furthur, and the announcer beackoned him to leave the mecha and enter his new one.

"Now as this years winner, and the owner of a beautiful Flight capable mecha, why dont you take her for a spin!"

He motioned above him where fighters stripped of their armaments were playfully dancing in the sky, weaving between firework explosions and each other.

"Give it up for White Wolf everybody! A tinkerer after our own hearts!"

@Raider867

Klein smiles before moving close to the mecha and kneeling before it. He opens the cockpit and climbs into the mecha. "Is there anything I need to do to get this running?" He asks. "Or is there any special features I should know about?" Klein immediately asks as he looks at the helmet already inside the machine.

@Tierax

Amelia's surprise could be seen on her face for a second before her expression turned to rage. " you BITCH too scared to face me, that's exactly why i left the league, you are all a bunch of lying coward. " she says jumping behind one of the console close to her. her head was spinning even more now. blood pooring into her eyes. " fuck, fuck, FUCK... " she said angrily. " i swear you will pay for this league dogs... i am not dying here no way " then it hit her. the ship might be going to crash but if they were already gone, the comms were free of their influence, or at least she hoped. she put a hand on her earcomm activating it. " delta, please tell me the line is free of static... we need help if we don't want this ship to crash to our death. " twitching as the robots shot at her. 

( you can answer as delta btw she is just a program ) 

@Foxora@Tierax@Crimrose

(lol I'm not. Fox is different story though.)

Fox was about to rebuttal when she then got up to announce her surrender. It utterly just pissed him off, you never make deals with psychopaths. now he had to come up with some other plan on the fly. Subconsciously, his body slipped into a low prowling position, making his way toward the doorway, but he still listened to every word. Just as he thought, the lady was crazy, but add Coward to the list now with what her plan was, it was all improvising now. At this moment his mind went into overdrive thinking of the situation.

Lady? Not here... Civvies? Behind the robots... Robot position? facing away from Civvies and aimed at Amelia... Amelia? Taking cover and requesting outside support... Ivis? With the kid who's still in trauma...

Conclusion: Civvies are currently out of harm's way, Amelia is under the cross-hairs, her backup will take time.

My position?... A dash can reach the robots in time... Issues? More then likely ill-equipped to handle them. Robot's don't die from a slitting the throat. More then likely scenario, could take down one or two, but cannot stop the others form firing on her or on him for interfering....

Conclusion: Dashing in on instinct won't work on it's own this time.... But we have knowledge of robotics.

Fox's gaze seemed to show some fire in it as his body immediately dashed towards the robots to the side. His mind working ever harder now as his heart rate quickened with anxiety, excitement, adrenalin... the feeling of a predator pouncing on a dangerous prey. as he continued thinking, everything seemed in slow motion for him as his brain continued deal with this scenario

Running now... no backing down at this point... Robots? Crudely designed, more then likely a weakness will show on them or there loco motions are the weakness itself... Robot's lined up... guns lifted.... at exactly the same height and position... Robot's aren't brick walls, Robot limbs even more so...

Conclusion:... Dynamic Entry, then Wing it and continue to look for weaknesses! (You can stop the music here)

Fox sprinted ever faster now, pumping his legs with as much power as he put in them. Just as the robots were about to fire he jumped and thrusted his foot forward, letting it kick through the robot's guns and arms, His knife held out slicing at the optical feed of the robots. the moment he landed, he whipped out his gun with his other hand and aimed it at the robots, his eyes were an intense glare now. Constantly observing them for any signs of a weakness, exposed wires, shotty manufacturing, crudely joined mechanical parts, exposed power core, He'll take anything at this point. and will fire at the slightest movement. He wasn't going to admit it after this, but he was getting a rush out of this. Nothing makes a hunter's blood pump more then taking on prey that could kill you. So he was very focused.

(Alright Tierax your go on this one)

@Alaania Hellborg @Tierax @Crimrose

'Well my life... Wait, do I have one? Well, this situation has gone to Hell quick.'

Ivis would've told Amelia that there was no such thing as a non-lethal shot, considering the fact that even with targeting, things could still affect the wound. One such thing was infection, as well as the kinetic energy from the bullet itself. Well, it didn't matter regardless, considering Fox wouldn't allow it. With all the thinking going on, whoever had caused this predicament had already fled the scene. 'I should've saw that coming...'

'Wait... What was that? Nobody else said anything though... Must be me. Strange.' Ivis couldn't comprehend what the voice had been telling her, but she did acknowledge that it existed. Considering she was only an A.I, the chance to hallucinate was slim, so this was already programmed in... 

After a few more seconds of questioning herself, Ivis returned to the event at hand. The robots were... Something of a Cataphract. (Mechwarrior, Google it.) They seemed to be made of random parts, but assembled with decent skill. Regardless, there was typically a surefire way to deal with these types. 

Sliding to the left, Ivis lined up a shot to one of the machine's firing arms, aiming closer to the connection between the body and the shoulder. She took two shots, hoping that she'd hit something dealing with the connection to the rest of it's arm.

@Tierax

@Alaania Hellborg

@Foxora

< [ Stadium ship - Bridge ] >

As Amelia dived for the console the machines turned and primed, their operators firing on Amelias position with strange, almost lightning like blasts.

But in that same monent Ivis and Fox burst through the door taking full advantage of their distraction. Fox took down a machine almost immediately, pinning it to the floor and peircing the optics on its faceplate as 8t struggled in vain to remove him, he turned and fired on another, the rounds didn't do as much damage as he'd hoped, but it did force the machine into cover.

Ivis slid around Fox and fired at a third, at rough count in the heat of the moment there were four, one pinned by Fox, one already behind cover supressed by Fox, another two moving to cover... where did the fifth go?

Ivis's shots caused a spark at one of the machines shoulders, for a moment it slowed and started twitching violently before ejecting the gun arm and diving behind cover.

As the gun flew off Amelias eyes followed it and saw the fifth machine, grappling on loose pipes connected to the roof it sights aimed at the back of Fox's head and its gun arm apparently charging a shot.

"Short range communications are available. one direct link avaaaaaaa- error.

Direct link unavailable, electronic waaaaaaarfare programs detected. activating countermea-ea-easures."

Deltas voice gave at least some goodnews, no way to contact anyone specific but Delta hadn't ruled out short range public channels... maybe someone would hear if she tried?

@Foxora @Crimrose @Alaania Hellborg

The announcer ignored Klein, instead cheering on the crowd.

He did look back and motion downwards, looking down in the cabin a user manual sat there. manual was a bit of an over exaggeration though, it was a piece of paper saying "boot the tutorial program up by activating like standard joust."

Klein felt a little relieved, at least start up would be simple. A helmet accessory sat next to it with  a warning sign, reading  "DANGER-learn to pilot before using this extension, OR IT WILL KILL YOU SLOWLY. (ps: it will hurt the whole time too)"

The handwriting was sloppy and a smiley face was drawn on it. along with a few coupons for free drinks around the city.

@Raider867

He smirks. "Alright." He says, moving to start it up, the reddish orange visor lighting up before Klein grabs the controls and make it jump up. He looks at a three-switch with different labels, "Mech", "GERWALK" and "Fighter". He decides to switch it to fighter first, the Excalibur transforming into the fighter mode and flying around like any other jet. "This is just my kind of machine." He says with a smirk as he performs some aerobatics. He flies up and cancels thrust, it falling down into a nose dive before switching to GERWALK, the legs and arms moving out from the jet mode but the jet front section staying the same as it stabilizes the fall into a hover. He barrel-rolls left once before switching back to mech mode and slowly landing it in the air. "This is amazing!" He yells in excitement as he gives a thumbs up.

He looks at the cable. "Now to try this." He says, moving the cable behind his head and connecting it to the helmet. He didn't know what will happen, but his curiosity made him try. He felt a small poke in the back of his head as he connects the cable to the helmet.

@Tierax

(P.S. You can control VS when Klein first boots him up. Otherwise, I can just control him when Klein boots VS up. Your choice.)

!! The hair on the back of his head was sticking out, His instincts screaming at him about danger form behind him, he jumped to the side and rolled before the shot was fired and dropping the empty clip when he jumped and slapped in a new clip as he just got out of the roll, and fired away at the robot that tried to shoot his head off. He was in the zone right now. He couldn't afford not to be given the situation. If he's not on point with evasion and countering, he'll be dead.

@Tierax @Crimrose @Alaania Hellborg

For a moment, nothing happened save for a small display poppi g up on the HUD.

"WARNING-CONFIRM LINK-Y/N"

Klein smirked, and accepted. Then everything went black. He felt pain all across his body, his eyes felt like they were on fire and his skull suddenly felt five times too small for his brain.

The Excalibur begun to sway and move erratically while the crowds looked on and laughed, simply thinking Klein wasn't used to the controls yet.

It felt like an eternity trapped inside the dark of his head, though he felt... different, Kelin couldn't quite understand it yet, but he noticed he could feel the pavers beneath his feet despite being in the cabin, the humid tropical air of outside soon tingled his skin, and his head pain lessened to that of a headache.

Then, all at once he could see. but not from the cabin, but as if he WAS Excalibur! It felt natural, but at the same time nuesiating, it would take some time to get used to this.

He tried moving but there was no response, he tried everything he could think of until he begun to get frustrated.

Finally another prompt appeared, and with it a much more detailed hud, that looked as if it was imprinted on his eyes instead of a screen.

"System Stable, User Caution advised, full sync time unable to be calculated."

@Raider867

Users who are viewing this thread

Back