• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Maxine and Edward Chronicles

Hecotoro

Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
August 20th,

Ed raced down the sidewalk, swerving around any bystanders, dogs and morning joggers. He held his freshly bought coffee cup on his right hand while skipping to the next song on his phone with his left. His skateboard screeched as he made a harsh right turn around a corner, blasting one of his favorite bands, Rage Against The Machine, on his headphones. It was the first day of school, his second year in the local college. Although he lived on campus, he had spent the night with one of his friends, after they held a welcome back party. Nothing big, but enough to make Edward stay up until 4 am and fall asleep on one of the couches. He felt fresh though, maybe because of the coffee or because he was young and excited to be back in school.

As the gates of the college welcomed his entrance, Ed slowed down, pressing down on the back side of his skateboard with his right foot, lifting the board and grabbing it with his hand as he broke into a speed walk and then slowed down. He took a long sip from his coffee, nodding and saying good morning to some students passing by, not hearing what they said due to the music in his head. As he walked down the main entrance, he couldn't help but notice a small stand of muffins, apparently the cheerleading team was doing a fundraiser. It would go perfect with his coffee and he did skip breakfast. With a determined look, Edward got in line, hoping to get a chocolate muffin and a smile from one of the cheerleaders.

m6rgolis_ m6rgolis_

Considering how roomy the hallways were, Maxine was pacing herself. It was incredibly ear-splitting how loudly everyone was talking; it was like thunder reverberating through the room. She didn't seem excited about anything, despite the fact that she was physically stunning. This girl was psychologically dead. She was currently irritated by everything, but she hid it. She continued to go through the hallway with that stunning smile on her face, flashing her teeth. She then became aware that she was drawing whispers and glares from bystanders. 'Wow! That girl is quite beautiful.' Well, she was aware of this. She has heard that again and over, but she never falls for it. Almost nothing makes her flattered. She is solely focused on her education only. Well, and her Jellypop. That stupid flip-phone.

She was dressed in a lengthy, knee-length black skirt. She wore black knee-high leggings that were just the right size for her and wrapped around her legs. A lovely pair of height-enhancing black Mary Janes followed, along with a graphic design t-shirt featuring her favourite musician, Prince. But why did she appear hurried right now? Yet why? Did she really want to be early, I mean? Probably. The girl enjoyed learning and being punctual. The girl was an A+ student at her old, previous schools, after all. If something wasn't done perfectly, or correctly she'd freak out.

"Chocolate, one of the greatest inventions of the human mind." Edward said out loud, talking directly to his muffin.

Ed placed his skateboard under his right arm, walking with confidence, bobbing his head to the beat of his music as he began munching on his chocolaty dessert. The day seemed to be starting out great, one could only hope the rest of the year would keep up the same pace. The moment was interrupted though by that familiar ringtone, Jingle Bells. Ed kept saying he was going to change it, since New Year, but he always forgot to. Struggling to get his phone, with a muffin and coffee taking up his free hands, he grabbed the pastry delight with his teeth while reaching into his left pocket for his phone.

The call was from one the friends he had hanged out with the night before. The conversation broke, with Edward trying to talk while holding the muffin with his mouth, walking directly into the hallways. Usually he goes straight for his class, but he couldn't avoid following the stares of various bystanders. A girl he had never seen before was quickly walking in his direction. He couldn't help it, he stopped moving to see where she would go, maybe even steal a smile from her if the chance came up.

"Okay, I just need to arrive soon. I can take my time because it's still early." Maxine murmured as she ran her hand through her hair.

She always attempted to be the best and the smartest, so she wasn't even conscious of how quickly she was moving or how her hands were beginning to perspire. She stays up all night and day studying all of her topics, even though she is excellent at them, so it literally works all the time. However, this is not healthy for her in the slightest. But, she didn't even care for her own well-being sometimes. People would have to try to prevent her from overworking, it's something her mother did before passing away due to the stress. Ahem, she wasn't stressed right now... right? Haha, haha...! She is.

Her hair fluttered through the strong winds as she went. She turned back to face the man, who was actually snacking on a muffin. She made an awful attempt to smile, which appeared to be genuine but was actually phoney. Shoot, that was one of her biggest hates. She makes eye contact with unrelated strangers and she can't hold it at all. So, she quickly turned her head down as she looked down at her legs before looking back up, then she stopped. She was out of breath.

Not the reaction he was expecting, but the girl stopped and that gave Edward time to get a good look at her. At a quick glance she was really pretty and it was obvious why everyone had stopped to look at her walk by. But, as someone who loves pointing out mistakes and Easter eggs in movies, Ed noticed the clear signs of stress the girl was going through. Maybe she was having a bad day? He couldn't just stand by and do nothing. He put his phone away quickly and removed the muffing from his mouth.

"Hey, sorry to sound a bit noisy but, are you okay? Do you need any help?" He didn't know what he could do to help the girl out, so his instinct was to offer his muffing and coffee to her, "Want some?" he said, clearly not sure of what he was doing.

Maxine was simply contemplating the situation too much. It hasn't even been a second, but she could already feel the pressure building. She turned around and gave him another respectful glance before respectfully shaking her head and putting her hands in front of her. She was just going to deny because she didn't need it and didn't want to take something that belonged to someone else because doing so would make her feel terrible, and awfully horrible. He could have it, though she really didn't eat much and felt very light-headed.

"Ah!" She oddly laughed, rubbing the back of her head. "I'm doing fine, I'll be okay." So, she denied his help. I mean, she looked like she needed some but---whatever rocked her boat. I mean, she was a hardworker; and a show off.

Edward shrugged and pulled his food close to himself. He couldn't quite put his finger on it, but he felt the girl needed help. He smiled and nodded, taking a sip from his coffee while keeping one eye on her, trying to figure her out.

"My name is Edward, friends call me Ed. Are you new?" He said casually as he felt the gaze of others on them, probably for standing in the middle of the hall. "Need some help getting somewhere?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back