• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Mass Effect: Weapons Hot! - In Character

Midnight Paragon

Savior of Dusk
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
The Naga
Spaceship.jpg

The Naga drifted lazily among the cosmos, it's steel hull glinting slightly with the light as it stayed a fair distance away from the large, asteroid-like city of Omega. On the outside, the Naga was a sleek, simple ship, not much larger than the great Commander Shepard's Normandy, but the inside was like the belly of a stuck pig. A dark maroon colored the steel walls of the inside of the Naga, casting an eerie glow over the entire inside of the craft, but other than that, the Naga had a very standard inside. It's crew was scattered all over it, with the majority inside the Rec Room, which took up a fair portion of the ship. The Naga's Captain, Graw, liked to relax on his off time, and had taken many painful measures to ensure his ship had ways to entertain him. But unfortunately for the Captain, he was not there today; the battle scared Krogan sat in the Captain's chair on the bridge, looking over a holomap as the holographic form of the Turian Councilor, his arms crossed, stared at him from the other side. Graw had his hand on his forehead, leaning into his chair as he heaved a heavy sigh.

"Are you sure you want us to do this? You do understand that something like this doesn't come cheap, right? It's going to take some serious credits if something like what you mentioned happen, and not much less even if something doesn't happen. You're gonna be putting a lot of faith in us hired guns."
The Turian Councilor laughed lightly, shaking his head.
"Not all the credits you're going to get come out of my pocket. There's more than just my money riding on this job, old friend. The consequences are dire should you fail, but.....I've heard many things of the Red Threshers. I know you won't fail me, Graw."
Graw sighed once more, shaking his head while a low laugh pierced the silence between them.
"What you ask is beyond anything we've done so far. I'll talk to my crew first, then i'll message you back with our answer. Good talking with you again, Terv."
The Councilor bowed with a slight smile.
"Likewise, Graw. I hope it's good news you'll answer with."

The hologram faded away and Graw was alone once more in the Captain's Chair, staring out at the large space map floating in midair in front of him, several planets and locations having been marked by the Councilor. Graw was nervous; a feeling he hadn't felt since the War of the Reapers. What Terv asked of him was both mysterious and dangerous, and it was hard to say if the reward was worth it. This was a big enough decision where he needed to hear the opinions of the people he trusted; his employees. His finger hit a button on the side of his chair and he spoke into the intercom, his gravelly voice echoing throughout the ship.
"All hands, report to the Bridge immediately. I don't care if it's Taco Night either, you can stuff your faces later."
Graw let his finger fall off the button and sighed. He detested having to say stupid things like that, but he had heard more than one complaint about people missing Taco Night or Chinese Night or whatever they served down there. Graw wasn't even sure half the time; he took most, if not all his meals, alone. He shook his head and crossed his arms as he waited for his crew to arrive, the bunch of slowpokes.​

The man known as Smokes Was in his sleeping area with old earth dubstep playing lightly as peaceful background music. Joesph stuffed his face and finished his drink.
Immediately... if that doesn’t mean a job.. don’t know what does.
Joseph lit a smoke inhaling a long draw as he started walking toward the command bridge. Exhaling with audible pleasure in his tone.
Love a dart after dinner. ashing the butt in his handheld bin Joseph made his way Hamboning and making “scat do wop” sounds
Graw was a hard but fair boss, and that’s what Joseph liked about the outfit, when it was time to work you work, when it was your own time, do as you please.. within reason.. but I still think we could set up a distillery...
Yep naga was a sweet ride, with a comfy bed and a locker all for joey Smokes. How could he not grin?

Last edited:
Vorka was sitting cross-legged on the ground his eyes stared in awe at the view screen. "GODZILLAAAAA!!!!," he exclaimed as the gigantic beast rose from the sea to terrorize Japan, hopping up, he began to stomp around imitating Godzilla's rampage. He was so enthralled with the film that he nearly missed Graw's announcement, but one word caught his attention. "Taco niTACO NIGHT!!!," and with that Vorka was off, he bounded over the couch with and barreled through the corridors in his usual haphazard fashion. It was until he burst through the command deck door that Vorka began to feel like he misheard the message. Slowly pacing back and forth he puzzled at it and murmured the events back to himself. Finally he figured it out, or at least most of it, "Graw says no food on command deck that's how we get pyjaks...," and that was as far as his reasoning could take him. He now stood still trying to figure out the next piece of this mystery.

Midnight Paragon Midnight Paragon

Joesph chuckled as Vorka rushed by, Vorka didn’t even see him. Bless Vork.. he’s such a blast, the sheer wonder and amazement of vorka when he finds something he likes in the movies and music. Joesph continued with a smile, when reaching the command deck he greeted Vorka how he usually does, braced and ready. “Vorka, my boy...always here first Ay”

Last edited:
"I just need more time."

"I've been quite generous with time. But it's a luxury even I don't have."

"Look, just -- just give me three more days, I'm so close to landing this deal I can taste it, then I'll have enough credits to pay you off and buy you that dinner I owe you."

"Where have I heard that before?" Sara pretended to ponder aloud, before ending the phone call with - "You have until tomorrow evening. Don't disappoint me Jacome."

"Tomorrow evening that's insane! Where am I supposed to come up with one hundred grand worth of credits in less than twenty four hours -- "

" -- Oh? Boss is calling. Perhaps I'll give him an update on your financial situation?"

Idiot.

As Graw's grumbles faded over the intercom, Sara leaned back in her leather chair, moving it with her defined thighs so it would swivel from left to ride, a gentle rocking notion to soothe her minute irritation. Experience never diluted the frustrations that came with contracts, especially when the other end failed to fulfill their end of the bargain, as they so often did in most all lines of business. The expectations of complications never made them any less tiring -- she ran her thin fingers over her albino skin, knowing the individual on the other line was likely going to be killed off by one of her guys tomorrow and honestly she felt relieved, Graw didn't like nuances or repetition and the two combined? Bad deal.

On mental autopilot, it was almost immediately that the bridge became her new surroundings, the walk there having been a bit of a blur as she categorized and prioritized her obligations as a mock shadow broker with her weird mental methods. "Depriving them of their themed dinners is just cruel Graw, you'll start to hurt moral," She told the captain with a mock tone of disapproval, though she was all sardonic smiles. Shifting her weight to one hip and allowing her hands to rest at her sides, the asari checked around discreetly for the rest of their squadmates, noting Joseph and Vorka closing in. "So? What's the big emergency? Are we finally turning over a new leaf to be lights in society?"

The Naga might be a simple ship but every ship had engines that needed maintenance. Iyetu was just the right person to do it. She had a panel open and was halfway inside a motor casing when Graw's deep voice rumbled through. The Drell perked up, banged her head against a circuit board and swore silently. Rather than come running, she did what any responsible engineer would do; she removed her tools, closed up the panel and resealed it before setting her kit away and hauling it to the bridge.

Not that she didn't have a sense of urgency. But leaving panels open were how things got into ship engines and Graw would have a much bigger problem if the Naga couldn't get where it needed to go. Especially this close to Omega.

Arriving, she skidded to a stop and chuckled at the obvious banter between the enthusiastic Vorka and Smokes. Sara seemed cooler, self-contained in a way that always made Iyetu feel like an amateur. As for Graw, the big Krogan often seemed stern but the Drell quite adored her commander. He had the confidence and clarity of sight to lead this team.

"Lights in society?" she spoke up, echoing the Asari's words. "Really?" The Drell concealed her hope but the notion of doing good appealed to the well-raised engineer.

“Bah…society?” Joesph spins around on his chair to face the Drell, grinning his friendly way But trying harder now to show less teeth. before gesturing to the ship. “Why.. Your the brightest light in the Naga Iyetu, at the very least.. all the bright lights run because of you” he turns his head toward Sara “no offence to are beautiful bright phantom of course” it may be that Sara is...who knows how many years old? that she makes me feel like a kid. She always has something to teach if your lucky enough...

Joesph knew he hadn’t brushed his teeth, the crew had seen him in far worse conditions but he still tried to keep a general air of appearing clean. Being interrupted at dinner doesn’t help.

Last edited:
It only took a few minutes for the crew to begin arriving, many with complaints of dinner being interrupted. One of the first few to arrive was Joseph, a human Graw took on a few years back. He was a good shot, but the man wasn't much use for anything else besides that. He had taken to calling himself 'Smokes', which Graw found annoying; both the name and the actual act, which Joseph tended to do alot. Luckily, he had chosen not to smoke with Graw nearby, which he was grateful for; he didn't feel like putting it out on his eyeball right now, anyway.

Graw did his best to ignore Joseph's quips as he waited for the rest to arrive. His thoughts were quickly disturbed by the pounding of feet and confused rambling. To any other person, that would be more than enough to warrant someone pulling out a gun and dropping whoever was approaching like that. But to the Threshers, it was usually just the Vorcha who called himself Vorka. Original? No. But no one else in the Threshers cared enough to try and call him something else. Besides, most were just afraid of him jumping on them and ripping their limbs off. Or putting a grenade down their throat. Or both, to be brutally honest. Vorka had a talent with explosives, and that's why Graw kept the madman around. He seemed confused, but at least he knew enough to get up to the bridge. Graw heaved another heavy sigh.
"Sit down, Vorka. And listen."

Graw shifted in his chair so that his hand was supporting his head and rolled his eyes as conversation between the Vorcha and human came up. Well, if you could even call it that; mostly just Joseph quiping, and Vorka stuttering out some nonsense. It was to some relief that Graw heard the semi-sarcastic voice of the Asari nicknamed Sara. Sara was the Threshers enforcer, and extremely good at her job. For the period she had been around, people who owed the Threshers money or favors were surprisingly willing to pay up, in full, on time. Graw didn't care how Sara did it, but she got it done, and results were all that mattered in the end. She spoke of how the morale of the crew would deteriorate if he kept interrupting the meals, to which he rolled his eyes.
"Half the time I can't even eat the crap they cook up down there, so I don't give a damn if they finish or not. But if they complain one more time about it, so help me, i'll rip their stomachs out and force feed it to them! Haha!"
Sure, the humor was a bit dark, and Graw would never actually do it; but the rest of the crew didn't need to know that.
"I've got details for a rather.....odd job. We aren't going to helping old ladies across the street or anything anytime soon. Take a seat."

Then another voice called out from the side. This was Iyetu, a Drell Graw took on as an engineer no too long ago. Like with most Drell though, she knew her way around combat, and she had certainly proved herself useful. However, she had this sort of innocence to her that Graw thought didn't really fit for one such as her. She was very....furtive when it came to her past, and Graw could respect that. After all, no one here knew exactly how he had gotten here....
"Took you long enough, Fishie. Take a seat, i'll be explaining things s-"
He was interrupted by Joseph, who decided to use this moment to hit on Iyetu. Poorly, he might add. He sighed once again before turning to Iyetu.
"Feel free to hit him if you want."

-MENTIONS-
Flowiest D Flowiest D Epiphany Epiphany norway norway Mekuto Mekuto

Zal had been in his quarters, taking a moment of rest in one of the rare moments that he wasn't needed to ensure that they didn't all crash into an asteroid and die. Graw's announcement rouses him from his slumber and he reluctantly flops out of bed. He takes a brief moment for his suit to fully re-calibrate before heading on down to the bridge. He enters the room yawning and stretching. He would likely also be scratching himself if the damn suit didn't prevent him. He shakes his head slightly, still half asleep and unsure if he heard the snippet of conversation he entered on correctly.
"Wossat Captain? Who're we hitting?" The question is distorted both by a yawn and by the suit.

Iyetu blinked in surprise at Smokes' sudden compliment, though blinking for a Drell was a little more multifaceted. In this case, only her inner eyelid flicked close briefly, not both sets, suggesting it hadn't really surprised her much.

Then the engineer smiled, ducked her head a little and said "Just doing my job."

Graw was his usual gruff self, which she didn't mind in the least. The Krogan had a strength about him that always made her feel like the future was straightforward and predictable. "Reptile," she said, correcting his nickname automatically though without much emphasis. Not the first time they'd traded those remarks. The boss' last suggestion actually surprised her, revealed by both eyelids blinking close.

She grinned as she took a seat. "Don't worry, boss. If he ever really bothers me, I'll just reverse the flow in the head on him sometime." Why the toilet facilities on a ship were called the 'head' never made sense to her but language was an imperfect thing.

"What's the job?"

"Vorka fastest!," he turning said turning to Smokes before abruptly turning away to look at the empty pilot chair, he audibly gasped with excitement as he saw it was empty. The runaway train that was Vorka's brain was in full motion as Graw spoke.

The deep and harsh tones struck the primal cords in Vorka's mind, he immediately fell silent. He lowered, shifting into a combative stance and his eyes went to Graw. Vorka's gave had gone from erratic to honed and intense, he had been called here for violence and violence was what Vorka did.

Graw sighed and rolled his eyes at Iyetu's response. Come now, a free pass to hit another of the crew without punishment? That was something you took, no questions asked. However, Iyetu seemed to want to exercise the better part of valor, and chose not to hit Joseph. Graw had to admit; she must have some patience if she didn't want to smack Joseph of all people.

The machine like voice of the Naga's pilot is what drew Graw's attention next. He turned his head to the Quarian called Zal and laughed.
"Take a seat, metal man. We've got something to discuss."
He gestured to the empty seats around the meeting table.

Graw's eyes narrowed as they settled upon Vorka, who had been moving towards the pilots seat, but stopped at his command. Graw kept his eye on him for a moment more before he pointed at one of the free seats at the meeting table. But really, whether the crazy Vorcha sat or didn't did not concern Graw; he just needed the fool to listen. He cleared his throat as he prepared to speak.

"Now listen up. Before I tell you what the job is, I want to make it clear right now that the information I'm about to share is strictly need to know. We do not discuss it anywhere but here or in secure locations? Am I understood?"

He waited a few moments for that last part to settle over the crowd before sighed once more, coughing into his arm a couple of times before continuing.

"An old friend of mine contacted me because they're worried about something. I'm sure you've all heard reports of all these disappearances around the galaxy as well as unusually quick and clean pirate attacks on new settlements. Well, my friend has reason to believe that this is not all coincidence. Recently, the Council has been receiving a large number of threats from a group calling themselves 'Kloud'. They demanded the Council disband and their authority given to their leader. Of course, they refused. Now, with precision strikes and disappearances like these, my friend is worried that Kloud is behind them. But that's not all. He believes that Kloud is in control of.....Reaper tech. From where, he isn't sure. In fact, he's not even sure if it's Kloud doing these things. But he is willing to pay us five hundred million credits if we investigate the matter and deal with the consequences."

He paused once more for dramatic effect. Graw liked dramatic pauses such as these; he felt it gave the discussion much more flair.

"Normally I wouldn't call my employees to make this decision. Best case, it's just some pirate group getting bolder and we go home five hundred million richer. But worst case....we're tasked to take down an experienced terrorist group that has access to Reaper tech. Now, it's not the terrorist part that worries me - it's the Reaper tech. I don't know how many of you were around during the Reaper Wars, but I was there during the thick of it. I was witness to........horrifying things, born from Reaper tech. Even studying the stuff the Reapers left behind could cause you to go insane. I know some of you might not want to be exposed to that. That's why I called a meeting; I want to hear what you all think. Are you willing to take the risks that come with this mission? Be honest with me, now; don't just say what I want to hear. Indoctrination is.......nothing I would want any of you to have to experience."

He leaned forward in his chair, his eyes scanning the crowd as he waited for their responses.

MENTIONS:​
Flowiest D Flowiest D Epiphany Epiphany Nightshade98 Nightshade98 Mekuto Mekuto norway norway

Sara lightly drummed her slim, pale fingers against the arm of her chair, long legs folded over one another, with her delicately carved chin resting in the palm of her opposite hand. Her facial features were hardened with seriousness -- Graw wasn't one to waste time with sugar coating, and so he admirably elaborated on the very real threat of the situation, explaining to those with less experience the dangers that came with dealings of the reapers.

The threat was some time ago -- a period of the asari's life she'd desperately tried to block out, though she had indeed been alive at the time, she was younger, and in Thessia to boot, in the prime of her justicar training. She had witnessed the fall of Thessia, though it hadn't moved her quite like her people's betrayal of the Alliance -- although the council didn't necessarily govern the asari homeworld, they had a duty to those around them as well as their people, but chose to hide the existence of prothean technology until it was too late. It had been one of two life changing events in the two hundred years Sara had been alive -- it had woken her up to the imperfections of the asari, and the loopholes in their precious code. The excruciating pain she had undergone in dehumanizing herself for "the code" seemed all for naught -- and so she left, turned her back on the asari and disappeared into the galaxy, providing whatever help she could against the reapers from the shadows.

So yes, she had been there -- figuratively speaking. "I hate to be the hero twice in a row, but accompanying the fact we'd never have to work another odd job again, I don't like the idea of anyone having reaper tech. Especially not someone who thinks they're edgy by spelling cloud with a K." Despite her jests, the asari believed this krogan captain of theirs understood she was well aware of the severity of this situation. She figured, if she could escape justicar indoctrination, what's a few evil machine gods? "I'm all in. My blade's been feeling underappreciated lately."

Last edited:
Joesph sat in his chair soaking all the words in.
Pirates... Kloud... Reaper tech.. five hundred million? Ooooo wiii....
The worst case scenario didn’t sound amazing, but hey not many of those worst cases ever do.

If There is one thing Joesph knows in the universe, a well placed shot usually kills pirates, Of any race. And as far as he’s concerned his job would be to shoot, not study anything... It would be like any other job except for potentially losing your free will.
Of course phantom is the first to speak...
The rest just need a confidence boost.

“I wouldn’t mind seeing some pirates, Whistling a jaunty tune through a brand new hole in the head... Courtesy of myself of course.” Joesph chuckled to himself at the idea. “I think you know I’m game” he finishes with his usual confident grin.

Graw not wanting anyone indoctrinated, HA
pretty sure he’d send me in without a helmet But a neon sign saying “this one”

Last edited:
"You had me at five hundred million, boss," Iyetu said, grinning at the thought. With that kind of money, even a small percent of that cut would be enough to launch her own ship-building company! Or whatever she felt like doing.

"I was a kid during the last war," the Drell admitted, eyes drifting to the Krogan and the Asari. "So maybe I don't know the danger like some of you do. But that kind of technology is dangerous and needs to be stopped. And if my understanding's correct, we should be more or less safe from indoctrination as long as we limit our exposure."

"Seriously though, let's not count our eggs before we have the druagh. We might just run into one of their old gun systems, and maybe not even that, just pirates. I'm not going to back out of a job just because it might be a Reaper."

"I'm in!"

Noctis was the last one to arrive at the designated meeting place, and he was just in time to hear Graw talk. That was good. He had little to no patience for nonsensical things.

Noctis listened to Graw as he stood by the door, and from the looks of it, it was a mission brief. This one didn't sound pretty to say the least.

"Reaper tech, eh?" he thought to himself.

Noctis' thoughts went back to stories he heard from his grandfather. How his home planet Palaven was almost decimated in the Reaper War. Anything involving Reapers wasn't bound to be pleasant at all. The fact that someone hardened like his grandfather sounds terrified when talking about them is enough proof for him.

"Uhh sorry I'm late." Noctis started to talk as soon as Graw was finished. "There were things that needed... calibrating." he said stoicly without a hint of jesting at all.

Noctis didn't have an opinion on the matter at hand, nor did he think he was supposed to have any. Noctis owes a life debt to Graw. If that's where he points him, that's where he goes. No questions act. So of course, Graw already knew that Noctis would be in on this. Noctis gave a nod in affirmation as soon as Graw's eyes were on him.

"RAAAAAA BURN REAPER," Vorka leapt into the air as he realized the usage of Reaper in the conversation meant the Reaper. He landed and skipped back before pacing around murmuring lowly, "burn the Reaper silence the whispers." Vorka suddenly turned to the group, "we burn we burn it all," he growled savagely.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back