• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Mass Effect: Salvation

Renegade or Paragon?

• Renegade

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Paragon

• I'm always that one who gets caught out in ME2

• Total voters
Dak ran behind Altus and the others, trying to keep back and not follow too closely. He fulfilled Altus' request and lobbed a recon mine to the top of the steps. When he heard the Batarian guards getting closer an idea popped into his head.

"I've got an idea...I'll lead them over to us and you guys use your omni-blades to take them out silently."

He looked at his omni tool and pressed a few buttons. In the blink of an eye a combat drone appeared. He ducked further back behind his squad mates and moved the drone over towards the guards. They didn't notice immediately but a quick shock from the drone got their attention right away. When Dak knew they would follow he moved the floating orb back towards the group and around the corner. He could hear them chasing the drone down. The plan was working perfectly.

"Get ready guys. Here they come."

@Veirrianna Valentine

Mella eyed Juno somewhat suspiciously when she arrived. Late arrivals were always problematic. She learned that her first deployment.

Mainly cause she was the late comer.

"Good job on being cordial." Mella commented sarcastically. "It sounded really authentic. Oh, and I'm Mella'Sequin. They gave up on me being cordial."

Despite her less then professional quips, Mella fell in line behind Altus, moving silently. With the conditions of the engagement seeming to prefer close Quarters, the Quarian pulled her Talon pistol out and kept it held loosely in her right hand for better reaction time. She took a moment to get data from Drak's recon mine before taking up a position beside Juno.

"I got one, you take two." Mella hissed before Drak's drone brought the guards around the corner.

With surprising strength, the Quarian Sentinel grabbed one of the guards by his chest rig and pulled him close, slamming her knee into his belly. With the air knocked out of him, the guard crumpled as Mella extended her omni-blade and stabbed him in the neck. She generally preferred biotic strikes for melee, but she also knew that flying guards attracted attention.

@Veirrianna Valentine

Metis followed along his hood now over his head and a mask over his face. As much as he loved the dry air, the heat wasn't something he patricianly enjoyed. Luckily for him however his custom suit was made to handle several different extreme temperatures, including intense heat. So even though it was 100+ on the outside, as long as he remained in his clothes it felt like a nice 68 or 70 depending on how he set it. And judging from how others were sweating and moving in slight discomfort he was more or less fortune to have such nice clothing. As he walked with his group he glanced around a bit and adjusted his button just a tad while he sized people up. The place they currently were at was interesting, though he didn't know why people would want to live here, without a special suit...seems like hells entrance or at least that's what he heard a human once say when talking about another hot planet he had once visited.

Once they arrived at their location Metis turned his head and noticed the woman that he was told about earlier. Still not saying a thing he listened to her and simply nodded indicating he heard everything. Rolling his shoulders back a bit he was more than ready for the mission and really he felt his trigger finger a bit itchy as it was ready for action as well. Looking over he was aware of the guards as well but didn't act off it right away, after all he knew he could handle it. What he really wanted was to see what the others would attempt to do. Atlus gave an order, Dak followed it and provided a distraction, and Mella took one out. 'Not bad' However one was still remaining and since no one dealt with him he was about to send off an alarm. Moving at breaking speeds he pointed to fingers right at the guards throat and made them hit the guy hard in the throat breaking his wind pipe. He the stepped closer and sweeped the man by grabbing his hand and moving his foot so he fell. To finish it all off he stomped on the man's throat and that there ended his life. Once he did this he moved his foot away and looked at the man before closing his eyes and whispering something to himself.

After this was done he took a small breath and looked at the others. "Shall we get in position? Nyx is ready to bring another to her darkness."

@Veirrianna Valentine

Last edited by a moderator:
The krogan grinned, a row of teeth some of them broken showing above his scarred lip. The others stepped back to allow space for the fight.

The other man, a batarian chose Radfor as his combat partner, the krogan chose Salenna.

In a flash it had begun. The batarian was much smaller than Rad, but he was obviously used to fighting krogan. He dipped, weaving low to Rad's left flank and aiming a solid kick for one of Radfor's leg joints, following it with a vicious upper cut.

The krogan wasted no time, he began to glow with a familiar blue light and suddenly unleashed a ruthless biotic blast straight at Salenna's chest.

He laughed as the attack flew to meet its opponent.

@Knight Nate @ThatGuyWithSouvlaki

Meanwhile Birkham's mind raced. They wanted to keep them here, so they were stalling, but why? While most eyes were on the fight that had just started he tapped a few buttons discretely on his omnitool.

"Sniper squad." He said softly, to anyone else it would look like he was muttering advice to the combatants as he kept his eyes locked on them.

"There's something fishy going on, we don't have a visual on target two, get me one."

Riley fidgeted as she watched, more than ready to jump in and make it a proper brawl, but there seemed to be rules about fighting, even in a place like this. No others from the batarian's gang stepped in, so she would have to stay out of it too...at least until they broke the rules.

@ThatGuyWithSouvlaki @whitefoxkiller @Archdemon @Knight Nate

Altus eyed Mella critically as she was seemingly quite rude to the newcomer. "Are you always like that or did someone spit in your dextro flakes this morning?"

He watched with approval as like clockwork, she and the drell dispatched the two guards. Whatever Mella's attitude, she was efficient.

The recon mine was working by then and red shapes appeared on their visor screens and helmets. Now it was Altus' turn. he climbed most of the way up the ladder before activating his tactical cloak. The turian flickered out of sight and for just a few moments there was silence. It was broken by two soft thuds and one quick round of gunfire. Altus appeared again, the faces of his teammates reflected in his dark helmet visor. He saluted them cheekily and waved them up. It was at that point Birkham's hushed voice alerted them all of the potential of foul play.

Once they were all on the roof Altus gathered them. "We need to find the second target, and if we can, figure out what these thugs are planning."

Meanwhile, on the other side of the building several batarian soldiers were busy setting explosives by the rear entrance of the building. from the shadows of the adjacent apartment complex doorway a man flicked his cigarette onto the dirt road.

@Veirrianna Valentine @rikunobodyxiii

SilverFlight said:
The krogan grinned, a row of teeth some of them broken showing above his scarred lip. The others stepped back to allow space for the fight.
The other man, a batarian chose Radfor as his combat partner, the krogan chose Salenna.

In a flash it had begun. The batarian was much smaller than Rad, but he was obviously used to fighting krogan. He dipped, weaving low to Rad's left flank and aiming a solid kick for one of Radfor's leg joints, following it with a vicious upper cut.

The krogan wasted no time, he began to glow with a familiar blue light and suddenly unleashed a ruthless biotic blast straight at Salenna's chest.

He laughed as the attack flew to meet its opponent.

@Knight Nate @ThatGuyWithSouvlaki
Salenna smirked walking so see was opposite the korgan. She stood eye to eye to the korgan, she stood in a sideways stance and hand raised akin to an earth boxing stance. He feet were loose on the ground for quick movement, aiming to tire the krogan and evade until the write time to strike. The krogan was expecting an easy fight and she was going to prove him wrong. Krogan maybe strong and tough but she was a strong biotic, smart and with a century of experience.

When the blast came, she waited just sort of the last minute when she span to the left narrowly avoiding the blast letting it crash somewhere behind her. She had the grace of a dancer when she spun and rmade it look effortless. She faxed the krogan again and smirked slyly.

"That's it, big guy?" She said critically. "You sure you have a quad or any skill. I have seen quarians who could better than that." She said chuckling before waving him over. "Come on."

Meanwhile, hidden among the machinery on the rooftop of the warehouse, Deus recieved a transmission from Birkham. "Sniper squad. There's something fishy going on, we don't have a visual on target two, get me one." Activiating his Hunter Mode, Deus silently set out to preform his task, giving only one word for a response "Affirmative". Slicing into the security network of the complex, he began his search, using the cameras as his eyes and ears as he attempted to locate target two. What he found instead worried him.

"Sir, Finish up with your contest, we have greater problems than our lost target. Hostile forces are planting explosive outside. Requesting permission to Say Hello" Deus said with what could possibly be an inflection of nervousness. It isn't everyday you you make an AI express emotion, especially one of being of the negative variety. Getting into position, he trained his Indra on the one giving the orders, running several targeting and probability sub routines as he awaited confimation.

The numbers did not please him. Charging his Seige Pulse, he let loose a hail of full auto sniper fire, snapping from target to target, not caring if he was given permission or not. If Deus had a face, he would be smiling as the others scattered for cover. Adjusting the power on his Seige Pulse, he took aim and fired the electro magnetic cannon, frying the electronics on the first bomb he spotted, before returning his primary focus on the remaing soldiers. As he picked them off, he decided to add to the fear factor, as he began to sing Daisy Belle, finding the irony fitting.

A singularity flew from behind Deus, traveling down to a cluster of men and dangling them in the air for the sniper to pick off. Izora then crouched next to the Geth, nodding her head at him and drawing her pistol. "Sorry I'm late," She said, glancing down at the few men that were left. "I just joined the party." It seemed, however, that the Geth wasn't in much need of her assistance. "My name is Izora D'nadri, I'm on the team as well. Anything I can do to help?"

As Juno was, Izora had acted as a scout for Birkham and the rest of the team. Unlike Juno, though, the 'young' Asari had lost contact with the Spectre, and was forced to find the rest of the team on her own. Finding Deus had simply been a chance encounter, one that Izora was grateful for. Wandering around on a bloodthirsty Batarian colony was a lot less fun than it sounded.

Unlike the Geth -- and the rest of the team, she presumed -- Izora had fairly civilian-esque armor on. Anyone with a trained eye could tell that her suit offered some of the most powerful shields available, but to everyone else, she almost certainly looked incapable of doing -- or taking -- any significant damage. While it was true that she wasn't exactly weapons- or combat-oriented, her biotics could do heavy damage; shields, armor, even most mechs, almost nothing could stop her. To prove that she wasn't totally useless, in fact, she sent a warp flying towards one of the Batarians below. It hit him and sent him flying backwards, landing in an almost unrecognizable heap of flesh.

Tags:

@HighSanguinaryPriest

Watching the group of Batarians get clustered together, he swapped out his Indra for something more personal and deadly. Hefting the Heavily modified Spitfire, he turned his flashlight like head towards the young Asari. "Thanks for the assist. Keep them off of me while I disable the explosives they have set up" Deus said before firing a second pulse, aimed at the trapped group of Batarians, frying what remained of their shields and armor.

Standing to his full height, he took a step off the roof, landing on both feet as if it were a three foot drop, before unleashing a hail of super conducting plasma into the remainder of the enemies trapped.
"Someone is now an orphan and doesn't even know it yet!" His tone full of mirth as if it were the funniest thing in the galaxy, the sociopathic AI mowed them down laughing maniacally.

With his blood lust slacked, he left the rest for the Asari known as Izora, to keep off his back as he disabled the rest of the explosives, deactivating his Huntermode to free up drivers and processing power to better hack into the systems of the explosive device. Kneeling before it, arcs of electricity danced across the surface of the console and his fingertips as he extracted and input code. After a couple of seconds Deus stood, and made his way over to the next, only pausing to shoot an unfortunate soldier or two before repeating the action with the next bomb. Knowing that the Asari would not be adequate for his cover, he lanched a sentry turret with but a thought, before returning most of his attention to hacking and disabling the explosive.

"Birkham Commander, Three explosives disabled. No sight of the second target. Orders?" He queried as he finished the third one.

(Deus' laugh [media]

[/media]
@Clairvoyance @SilverFlight

The krogan roared at the insult, losing his temper faster than Riley had expected. It would make him sloppy, but unfortunately this krogan was fast, and he wasted no time in generating a warp. Birkham pushed his squad back as the biotic attack brushed close to them.

"Does that count as cheating? I want in!" Riley barked as she felt the air crackle with energy.

"Not yet Kane." Birkham growled.

The krogan followed this attack up with a charge, as soon as the biotic attack dissipated he came in straight at Salenna with a flying fist, at the last moment he feinted right, aiming to catch her off guard and moved in again to try and catch her with his massive shoulder.

@Knight Nate @thegroundteam ((anyone who is still present))

"Granted" came Birkham's hushed reply over the com link as Deus began to move in. Altus hadn't made it halfway across the roof when the two new team members jumped in. What they hadn't yet realized was that there were still guards on the roof. He saw a batarian infiltrator cloak and, cloaking himself again and switching to infra-red sensors he followed him to just behind Deus. The batarian was about to hit him with a circuit disruptor when suddenly an omni tool blade blossomed out of thin air. The cloaking device on the batarian failed as he fell forward at the geth's feet and Altus reappeared seconds after just behind the dead soldier.

"I resent that orphan comment. And I have to say that laugh is quite unsettling." He said, though with the exhilaration of the fight he didn't sound upset so much as amused.

"Three more behind the wall on your right! Team! Secure the roof!" With his voice raised the British accent was clear. It was lucky Dak had shot the recon mine earlier, Altus knew exactly where the enemies on the roof were.

Birkham's voice buzzed again through the com again. "We'll take care of ourselves, I want the target dead!"

Altus spoke into the com carefully. "Right, one dead slaver coming up."

He looked at both new teammates with a nod of approval. "Charmed. Shall we do introductions after we finish the job?"

He took a look over the edge of the building and had to hand it to the geth and the new asari, they were deadly efficient. Through the motionless corpses littering the street Altus was able to pick out the only moving body easily.

"I think I have eyes on your target, he's run into the adjacent building. Let's go get him."

With that Altus leapt from the 2 story roof, using the jets on his suit to soften the landing as he rolled and came up running.

The man, a human, middle-aged with mouse-brown hair and an ugly scar running the length of his face ducked into a smelting room, the vats of liquid metal burning hot and making the air dance. He raced up a flight of steps onto a catwalk overlooking the facility and kept running.

@HighSanguinaryPriest @Clairvoyance @Ahara @Peaceswore @rikunobodyxiii

Dak was impressed by Altus' speed and efficiency. He was able to spot another infiltrator and take him out before Dak had even registered that this other Geth was a squadmate. He switched his focus to the other remaining guards around the wall.

"Damn I love recon mines" he remarked as he planned how to handle the targets.

Altus led a charge towards the target but Dak stayed back in hopes of securing the roof. "You guys go, I've got them." He motioned for the others to pursue the target.

(Sorry for the short post. Dak has got the guards but my schedule is a bit hectic for now)

Radfor was surprised to see that the Krogan chose to fight someone else. He laughed internally; there was no doubt about it that this Krogan, while dishonorable, was smart enough to know how to pick his battles. He returned his attention to his opponent; a batarian, who looked like he had seen a few scraps in his time. Radfor merely crossed his arms and waited to see what he would do. A spinning kick was something he didn't expect, but as the foot hit his armor.....nothing happened. Radfor didn't even flinch, but a large grin formed on his face as he spoke in a hush.

"My turn."

He grabbed the batarian by the collar of his armor and gave him a massive headbutt, then let go. His head spikes were sure to cause bleeding, and sure enough, as the batarian stepped back, he spotted the oddly colored blood dripping down his face. Radfor began to slowly March forward towards the batarian, his arms beginning to glow with Biotic energy.

@SilverFlight

With the target in sight and the kill order given, Mella climbed up to join Altus and the new comers.

"Good spot." She grunted through her comms to Dak.

After studying the situation a moment, Mella ran to the edge of the building where Altus jumped off. Eyeing the target, she lashed out with Reave. It was long range, but the biotic ability hit the target, making him stumble. She doubted it would kill him, but it might buy her team mates some ground.

"Beeline for the target." She radioed to her team as she switched her weapons to the Geth SMG. "I'll keep you covered."

@SilverFlight @Peaceswore @Clairvoyance @HighSanguinaryPriest @Ahara

SilverFlight said:
The krogan roared at the insult, losing his temper faster than Riley had expected. It would make him sloppy, but unfortunately this krogan was fast, and he wasted no time in generating a warp. Birkham pushed his squad back as the biotic attack brushed close to them.
"Does that count as cheating? I want in!" Riley barked as she felt the air crackle with energy.

"Not yet Kane." Birkham growled.

The krogan followed this attack up with a charge, as soon as the biotic attack dissipated he came in straight at Salenna with a flying fist, at the last moment he feinted right, aiming to catch her off guard and moved in again to try and catch her with his massive shoulder.

@Knight Nate @thegroundteam ((anyone who is still present))
Salenna smirked seeing that her little trash talk worked on the krogan, in truth she expected she needed to do more. What she didn't expect though was the speed of the krogan's charge, she tried quickly to react to it able to see the punch coming and prepare to move away. She however was hit by the shoulder and though her barrier blunted most of the attack it still felt like hitting a brick wall and she was send back.

She recovered though twisting and moving her body to land on her fit with a bit of slide. She growled as she came to hold taking a moment to catch her breath before looking at the krogan. Her body glowed blue as her biotics flared and she appeared to shrink into a ball. The ball shot foward like it was fired from a cannons towards the krogan.

Izora nodded at the Geth, slightly disturbed by it's laugh but watching vigilantly as he made his way to the bombs. Some of the men advanced on Deus, but Izora quickly captured the majority of them with mutiple singularities before hitting them with warp and causing deadly biotic explosions. It seemed that some of them enemies were cloaked though, and she could do nothing against an enemy she couldn't see. It was up to Deus to handle them.

As the Asari kept watch for enemies, a flash of orange near Deus caught her attention. An omni-tool blade appeared from thin air, stabbing the space beside Deus instead of at him as Izora had thought they'd planned. Then, the cloak of a Batarian vanished, and his body crumbled beside the Geth. A Turian dropped his cloak, and she recognized him from the dossiers as another Shadow. She couldn't think of his name, but it didn't particularly matter at the moment. "Lucky you showed up." She said, gesturing to the Batarian's corpse. Before he could reply, however, it seemed that he'd spotted the target. A Quarian joined them almost as soon as he said it, not wasting time and hitting the slaver with reave. It didn't stop him, but it managed to trip him up.

Once Altus jumped, Izora joined him, ready to chase the bastard down. She used her biotics to land rather gracefully on the ground below, sprinting alongside Altus. The man was a good deal ahead of them, but Mella had managed to close the distance just slightly. Izora attempted to him the man with her biotics as well, tossing a singularity his way, but missed just slightly. He was far enough away that he wasn't drawn into the field, but she did manage to pull him slightly to the side and make him stumble. "Damn it!" She murmured under her breath. They couldn't afford to lose him.

Tags:

@SilverFlight

@HighSanguinaryPriest

@rikunobodyxiii

@Ahara

Metis watched everything that happened around him with great interest and was rather impressed by how well his team so far was working. Not a single shot or attack from a teammate had got near him which was even better than he had hoped! Honestly at the beginning of the mission was a tad worried a warp or two as well as a few bullets might come in his direction from a friendly. As odd as it may seem to be worried about that, Metis has had a few too many close calls with friendlies to not be a little suspicious of teammates. Rather than say anything encouraging or to show his approval he climbed the ladder to the next flight and looked around. "Where is the target?"

Using the scope on his rifle he looked around and just as he got a lock on his mark, his shot was messed up when a geth came out of no where, wait scratch that. It came from the roof and started to blast away a few of the enemies soon to be helped by an asari. letting out a sigh of this Metis knew he needed to get another location if he wanted a clear shot. Looking around his eyes soon landed on a decent area if not a bit out of the way. Adjusting his suit he put Nyx on his back before he ran by Atlus and instead of going to the battles he was going away from them. Barely making a noise as he ran along the metal catwalk that he was on he soon made it to the wall. Here he stopped in his tracks and placed his hand on the wall and smirked. "Been a while since I've done this." he mumbled to himself as he rolled his neck a little while cracking his knuckles.

Once that was done he grabbed a steel raft that was going toward the roof and with great skill and agility climbed it like a child climbing a rather easy tree. It really wasn't that hard as he had a firm grip and the gloves he had were not slick and made it easy for him to grab on things which one normally had great difficulty clinging onto. As he climbed he did glance over his shoulder from time to time to make sure no one was trying to take a shot at him. But really with the others causing havoc a drell climbing really isn't the most of their worries. Especailly seeing as Atlus just stabbed one of the bartarians that was trying (and failing) to be stealthy. By this time Metis had made it to the roof and hopping off the steel piece he was on he barely grabbed hold of one of the steel rafters with the tips of his fingers.

Not moving right away he watched a bit more and saw a biotic attack from the qunari hit the target slowing him down and wounding him a bit. Seeing this small stumble he had to admit the mark obviously didn't want to die today as he just stumbled rather than fall and screech in pain... 'Maybe he has really good shields, though shouldn't be a problem if he does. Better get into position first.' He thought as he swung back and forth. Once he got enough moment he was able to go forward fast enough to let go and swing his feet too the rafter followed by the rest of his body. After pulling off that impressive gymnastic stunt he moved his hand to his omnitool and turned on his tactical cloak just to make sure some one didn't decide to take a few pot shots at him while he was out here with little cover.

With skill he ran along the rafters stepping around beams that got in the way and soon he got to the perfect spot. It was dab center of the warehouse and he had eyes everywhere. Only problem? By him standing or sitting there would be rafters in the way of his longer shots. So of course the reasonable thing to do would be to give his teammates cover fire while they took care of the target.... Yeah, as much as Metis learned about teamwork while with his family there were times he just didn't feel like doing things like that. So rather than give cover fire he took Nyx off his back and sat on the rafter his back facing his mark. Once he felt secure enough he let himself fall backwards only to let his leg catch him so he didn't completely fall. Both his legs remained on the rafter not slipping or giving an inch. Staying in his spot he raised Nyx up and looked out her scope. Now he had a perfect line of sight and with good timing as well seeing as the Asari used a singularity to stumble the target. Taking a deep breath everything seemed to slow for him as he moved his finger to the trigger keeping his aim just a few inches ahead of the feeling man.

"May my lady of the night guide you across the sea."

After he whispered this there was a bang, his tactical cloak went off and the bullet whizzed right out of the Black Widow. Soaring threw the air it seemed to be right on target as it went for the mark's head.

@SilverFlight @Clairvoyance @rikunobodyxiii @Ahara @HighSanguinaryPriest

Knowing that the rest of the team had it covered, Deus foocused on the more pressing matter. The explosives. Activating his hunter mode once more, he used it to locate the next bomb that had been set. There was the tell tale discharge of a Black Widow, and taking a cursory glance at the target, he say a spray of alien gore in a fine mist of skull fragments and brain matter.

"Target neutralized. And just when the fun was just beginning." Dues said over squad comms as he made his way to his next target. While Disarming explosives wasn't really his thing, it was something that truely had to be done. Taking one last look at the others, he spotted one of the Batarians trying to get a bead on the Creator known as Mella'Sequin. Taking aim, he fired his last charge on his seige pulse.

The would be assassin immediately seized up as electrical arcs, destroyed his shields and cloak, causing him to fall off the roof with a wet meaty smack and sickening crunch as his neck bent at a rather unnatural angle.
"Whoo! Ten Points!" Deus cried out before continuing on with his current task. Locating the final explosive device, he quickly set to work hacking it. Data streamed across his CPU as he accessed the bomb's program. After a few seconds the deviced powered down, leaving the geth with a sense of accomplishment. Sure he killed a few batarians, but he managed to out do his Siblings. By the Creators, he hated his siblings. Especially Gary.

"All explosives disarmed. Shall we assist our fearless leader Birkham?" He asked the rest of the squad, in hopes of some more violence.

@rikunobodyxiii @Peaceswore @Clairvoyance @Ahara

Dak ran up and pushed his back up against the wall that the guards were behind. He tried to plan out his next moves carefully. He knocked on the wall lightly..."Yeah I think it'll work. There's no use in subtlety now." Knowing where the enemies were he picked up the mine on the ground and placed it on the wall. He chuckled to himself, man did Dak love explosives. It had been a long time since he really got a chance to let loose with his toys.

The mine clicked to life and Dak held his detonator tightly. This was going to be bold but very exciting. He ran around the corner towards the guards, "Hey guys watch out!" he yelled ironically to the guards. They quickly turned towards Dak after hearing him yell but didn't have time to react as he activated the mine which blasted through the wall and obliterated the guards. There was no surviving that. Dak loved those recon mines not only for their utility but their sheer blasting power.

He spun around and climbed onto the ladder on the side of the building. The Volus slid down the ladder and landed on the ground below. He figured he should try to join the assassination team. He started running in their direction.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back