• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Mass Effect - Rebuild

xCRAZYxFACEx

The Sane
I'm looking for a partner that has pretty intimate knowledge of the mass effect universe to RP with. The game will focus on the partner's character, with several crewmembers all played by myself. It'll also have you captaining a ship of your choice from a list of ships, and you can do just about anything. It'll have dice rolls, though, so I don't how much of a turn off that is. If you're willing to at least try it, we can see how the dice rolling goes. If it just gets in the way of whatever we're doing, we can just skip it in favor of writing stuff out. That said I'd like to have the dice rolls because it fits in with an upgrade system for both the character and the ship, so it'll give a sense of progression.

As for the setting, it'll take place 15 years after the Reaper war, and most of the races have begun rebuilding in earnest. In particular, humans, turians, asari, salarians, quarians, and even krogan have begun building massive amounts of ships in order to expand and make up for all the destroyed vessels during the war. The mass relays are fixed, but there's a notable lack of resources in all aspects of life.

That's where you come in. You play a freelancing captain who can take jobs and fulfill them, can scavenge derelict ships, or just pirate ships that you come into contact with to sell their cargo for a profit (you bastard). There's a demand for resources, and you're in a position to help others and profit at the same time.

More than that, you have the option to build up a small fleet, or even build your own space station for your operations! Seriously, what's not to love about that?

Also, I was thinking of having the 'canon' ending for the start of the game be genophage cured with wrex and eve alive, quarians and geth made peace, and shepard chose synthesis. Though, those details can be changed if you really want.

Just let me know if you're interested down below. I've got most of the important information down already, all it needs is you and a bit of creativity! Oh, and if you see someone already posted, please still leave a message showing your interest! In case things fall through with the first person, it's nice to have others that might be interested in playing!

I might be interested.

Depending, on how far will the story progress.

Just mining and mining - or with a deeper plot in there?

I was definitely thinking of having a deeper plot, but I felt that it would be a bit more dependent on what race was chosen. Short of it is I don't have anything concrete yet, but that's easy enough to fix.

In that case, I might join up...a little tweaking to the ending, but anything else is my kind of fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back