• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Masquerade Ball

Hayden blushed and nodded slightly. "Fine with me," she said shyly as she looked down. "Though if you investigate further, I would not hesitate to tell you my real name," she said, deciding to copy what he had said just a few minutes prior. She smiled slightly and flicked the section of hair behind her shoulder, letting it fall to it's natural length. She shrugged a bit and looked back up at him, not noticing the new entrant.

Ai loosened up a bit more, very happy that she had chosen a man who was easy to talk to. If she had met one that spoiled her with compliments, she simply wouldn't be able to handle it. With a smile on her face, Ai leaned over the table, her arm propped up on the table, holding her head up. "Hmm.... I would have to say the piano. It's the one thing that gives me confidence. Other than that, I'm about average," she said with a pitiful laugh.

Lee looked down to her, trying to read her carefully for she wasn't acting very continuous. One moment she was very nervous and unsure, but now she was very flattering to say the least. Lee let his eyes wander around her body, noting her features and eventually ending at her eyes. He looked deeply in them, hoping to infer some sense of understanding to her.

“Ah well, most people hide their identities at these, but since you gave me your name, well I am Lee.”

With that he stopped talk and led her to the nearest unoccupied table, seating her before seating himself.

“So tell me Clair, what brings you here and why does someone as fitting as yourself not have a date?” His voice was calm and collected, issuing to lull her into trusting him. He wasn't a bad guy, but he never let down his guard, for girls never concerned over his life. That was one of the main problems, which he didn't make any easier for them.

Seconds after she had spoken to him, Claire's senses could detect the boy's eyes probing herself. Her waist, her face, her hair, it could all feel the tingling sensation of being watched over. She broke her gaze with him, her formerly seamless approach coming to a halt. Claire looked back in his direction, amber eyes a little less bright. With every minute, her confidence was deteriorating. The girl could feel her old self seeping into the cracks.

"Well, Lee, you have a gorgeous name. I do not hide my identity when talking to people, because I want them to know me for who I am. Not an alias or false personality. Just me."

Claire spoke, shrugging her shoulders slightly and her hair bouncing as a result. Her porcelain cheeks tinged a faded pink as she was seated- and plunged deeper crimson as he sat as well. Claire crossed her ankles, setting her dainty hands in her lap.

"The truth is, everyone I know does not want anything to do with me. I like to travel alone; nobody bothers me so therefore I do not bother them. Despite my 'fitting' appearance, the high society does not accept young ladies that flee their family in hopes to leave her past behind. All the boys I know would never dare associate themselves with an expel."

"Hmmm, is that so froline?" Asked Joshua, nearing the purple haired girl from so long ago. "Claire! Oh, what a fortunate event." He exclaimed with a bit of joy, excitement heard from hs voice as he smiled brightly. "Hmm, how long has it been? More than a few years, I assure." He said with a smirk, finding himself rewardable upon such a place, giving him the allowance to interject his own words within the conversation. That, and it was only right to intrude over such an old, forgotten friend. "My, you've grown! I can barely see the little Van in you." He said with a smile, eyeing over the other girls through the corner of his eye, but then resumed talking to her with a left hand tucked behind him, resting on his back waist, and the other holding out his silver clock, an item with immense sentimental value between them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lee let his viewing of her come to a closure, now letting his eyes set upon hers in a lovingly gaze. She was very interesting to say the least, but he wanted to know more of her history.

"Well Claire, I will let you know me for me as I hope you will do the same. In all honesty though I don't hold my name in a high regard, but if you consider it a nice name then thank you."

Lee let his posture show how open He was, but also how He was reserved. His left leg was relaxed on his right, his arms placed on his lap flexed, hands grasping each other.

"Well most sane people wouldn't associate themself with a run away, but you are lucky I'm not sane. I wish I could help you with your past problems, but alas I doubt you would trust that to a stranger in a mask.".

Claire sighed, nodding at his words. She opened her mouth, a witty reply planned, but was interrupted by an arrival of an old friend. She sighed, eyes flickering away from Lee's and focused on the ground. The girl turned her shoulders to her rear, a familiar figure filling up the view. She stood up, somewhat surprised.

"One year, three months, two weeks and four days since I left Germany, Herr Joshua. And I must say, it is quite a surprise to see you here. My, how you have grown from that shady silhouette of childhood. You can call me impressed."

Claire stated, crossing her arms over her waist. The girl blinked away her memories, instead back towards Lee. Her face was laden with sorrow, but yet she had to announce her departure.

"Will you excuse us for a moment? It was a delight talking to you, and I'm sure that we can meet up after this brief intermission."

Claire didn't hesitate for a response from Lee, instead pivoting on her heels and grabbing Joshua's arm forcibly, nearly dragging the two across the ballroom to a quieter area, away from all the celebration and bright lights. Once she found a place suitable, Claire let go of his arm and bore her eyes at the man.

"Did you come all of those miles, just to ruin my built life? There is a reason I left Germany, and as heartbreaking it was, I found something better for myself somewhere else. N-now you show up and all the sealed wounds are ripped open!"

She frantically stated, emotion swirling in her eyes.

Although Claire attempted to forcibly move Joshua, himself was surprisingly stable, what seemed to be a small, slender figure was a shockingly capable body, smiling as he held her hand properly as they walked along the ways. He made a soft frown, looking to Claire with a saddened face. He held his left hand in the air, as if to pluck something, but hesitated as he looked to her.

His words started off with the phrase: "Oh? How hurtful to hear, my sweet Claire." He stated with a pout, looking to her as he turned his head to the right. "You must understand, it was not my intentions to do such things." He protested with a more forceful voice. "Upon the call of pride and honor, two years of my live had been in vain. I wished to see you, but you've left. And now, only by luck, I swear to you this a chance of meet, I've come to say hello. And this is how I'm treated?" He asked in a shocked and disgusted manner. "That is not a wise way to say hello to a friend, my dear Rose." He called out, sighing as he swirled the clock to land in his palm, holding out her hand and placing it in her. "Once you choose the time." He started from a while back, quoting what they'd agreed on. "I shall meet upon that hour." He said, realizing once more that the locket was a symbol passed from the two onward as he smiled weakly, then treaded towards the room once more to meet the newer, possibly more feral creatures. "Guten Tag, Claire Van." He said with his departure.

But as he walked, memories flowed within his eyes...

It was a calm day after the storm, docks near the large ocean towards the west of Denmark where they meeted a last time. Joshua, his simple work clothes upon his back, suspendors and an undershirt as he stopped from carrying crates to embrace his greatest friend, Claire. He looked to her, a saddened face upon her as he himself frowned in protest, lifting her chin to raise her eyes to meet his. He remembered the words: "Fear not, for I will return..." Then the cold metal of sorrow handed to his hand. "You shall come back tomorrow." Were the words he heard from her lips, nodding to them as he hugged her once more, then releasing her as he headed to the freighter, carrying the rest of the soldiers that once were men like him...

Joshua shook his head with a bitter frown hidden behind his mask, opening the doors once more with straight lips as he walked towards another people to mingle with.

Claire did not reply, instead glanced down at her palms as the silver timepiece was passed between the palms of the two. Her eyes probed the device, each corner and dent symbolizing a sentimental event between the two. The girl sighed, eyes looking up from the piece and meeting his for a moment.

"Guten Abend, Sir Joshua."

Claire offered a brief reply, before turning away; she couldn't bear the sight of her beloved friend breaking the path between the two again. Like she mentioned before, old and healed wounds had suddenly been ripped open; and the blood was beginning to gush. The girl laid her frame against the marble walls of the foyer, sliding down to the floor and becoming a small girl encased in the black layers of a ball gown. Her memories were resurfacing, the ones that she had given her German heritage up to bury underneath new ones.

But now, not even money could stop these nightmares from creeping into her living dream..

The setting is suddenly a dark room- the only beacon of light being those rays creeping out from the heavy thick curtains, and a lit kerosene lamp perched on an ebony dresser near the head of the quarters. This is the study of the Van Der Hassen residency. Two figures are present in the room, one being crouched on the floor and another standing by the door. The door figure moves quickly to the kerosene lamp, turning the brightness up so the room is filled with a gentle glow. With the recently added light, a young girl could be seen, wrists bound with tape against the leg of a bed. This young girl, is the seven-year-old Claire Van. The only similar attribute to the modern day Claire, is the same long, deep indigo hair tumbling down her back. She quivered, looking towards her stepfather in the front of the room.

"Alderich, please, don't!"

The young child whimpered, her deep amber eyes flickering down towards the belt he carried in his hand- reinforced with metal bands encircling the holes. Nothing was received in response- nothing happened for a long time. After several minutes of her pleading, Alderich walked back over to the burning lamp, and blew out the flame.

Claire snapped her eyes open, breathing sporadically. She looked down at her wrists, where her nails had dug sharply into the backs of her palms- to the point where deep red blood was dribbling out from the half-moons and dripping onto the black layers of her gown. Immediately, she released the pressure and stood up, cold tears rolling down the surface of her cheeks.

"Lee, I am so sorry for my absence. You may have heard a bit of the conversation- that man was someone from my past, a key element in fact. Another obvious observation is that Herr- the man triggers upsetting memories from then. Again, I am so sorry to have left you, and I don't plan on seeing that man again for the rest of the evening and into the morning. Where were we?"

Claire asked, finger-combing her hair again as she looked at him, eyes still dribbling cold tears down her porcelain cheeks.

((Damn, I missed alot @.@ srry! Sooo busy with life and another RP :I Wow, is it sad that I forgot the name of my char? Im gonna assume Momoko Miaru because.. Its my fave name for RPs :P ))

Momoko tied her hair into a tight ponytail and adjusted her mask. She walked up the stairs and looked into the bustling party and turned for a moment wondering if she belonged here. Momoko walked inside slowly and took a seat at a small table in the corner.

((Writers block... Gimme a moment))

Users who are viewing this thread

Back